Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I did the Darius CE and Nova(Vita), and then after that check out I tried for the Vinyl, and just missed it. If it's offered this afternoon, I'll try again, but it wasn't a priority, just a bonus if I could get in on it.

If you missed what you wanted regarding Dariusburst just be signed in right before 6pm EST this evening and keep refreshing.  If you get checked out within the first minute you will likely be OK (assuming the demand doesn't fester into a giant monster during the day).

Kinda glad I missed the vinyl. I don't collect vinyl or even own a record player currently so I really only wanted it purely for the collectors aspect, but saving $25 isn't too bad. My wife will probably do a barrel roll with her eyes when she sees that I have ordered yet another game this week after just buying Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 on Switch haha.

I probably should have asked this earlier, but what did the Dariusburst CE contain besides the toy ships and the steelbook or whatever case it was in? I grabbed the standard edition but if the CE has additional in-game content or DLC or something, I might go for it this afternoon. I just wasn't really impressed by those little ships. 

didnt bother getting Darius CE. too expensive. got the original. even the original was hard to stomach. dont remember when was the last time i bought a regular game for $60. $$$$$$$

Kinda glad I missed the vinyl. I don't collect vinyl or even own a record player currently so I really only wanted it purely for the collectors aspect, but saving $25 isn't too bad. My wife will probably do a barrel roll with her eyes when she sees that I have ordered yet another game this week after just buying Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 on Switch haha.
I always love Vinyl art but don't care for vinyls themselves.

I grabbed the Darius CE, and passed on everything else. Really glad I didn't blindly buy an LRG game for once but still, ended up dropping $100 today.:whistle2:/

This wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Was able to first get Dariusburst CE in my first order ( Hurried up and checked out to be sure I was good), then went back and bought the vanilla copy of Dariusburst and Nova for the Vita/PS4 in my second order. Still waiting for my Ray Gigant / Flinthook order though.

Missing all those video game soundtrack Mondo releases has made it easy to not collect vinyl.  My god that's the last thing I need to start collecting in addition to everything else.  Vinyl will bleed you dry.  Mondo has done so many sick soundtracks. 

Welp, the people have spoken and they like Dariusburst.

Nova-111 is still available 18min after the drop and should be available for a lonng time after the 5pm drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up getting all 4 in an order.
I think if I would have tried, I could have gotten all 4, but I didn't want to risk it. I took a chance on the Nova and Darius CE, as I figured my odds where good many others where waiting on Nova in their carts, so I wasn't to worried on those 2. I always planned to break up the orders just to not have an issue, so I'll try for the vinyl later, but if I can't get it, $30 saved.

I probably should have asked this earlier, but what did the Dariusburst CE contain besides the toy ships and the steelbook or whatever case it was in? I grabbed the standard edition but if the CE has additional in-game content or DLC or something, I might go for it this afternoon. I just wasn't really impressed by those little ships.
no extra DLC or anything game play related, only extra you forgot to mention was a soundtrack CD.

Crap, forgot it's friday and all about this.  I went out nes classic hunting instead to no avail.  Well guess I'll have to make double sure I'm around for the second batch.

Picked up all four.  Adding the vinyl first to my cart and then Dariusburst CE next sounded like it was the right way to go if they sold out in the first couple of minutes. 

My wallet hates me, though. 

Dang Nova-111 still up for both Vita and PS4 going on about 30 minutes now. Stuff like Dariusburst are games I legit want to own and play. I wish they'd send rewards tickets for past purchases for everyone though, it's going to be rough to hit 40 tickets right now!

Not great timing, but Special Reserve has finally gone live with their first PS4 limited edition game pre-order today, Strafe at specialreservegames.com

I'm really confused by their ticket implementation system. If they don't want people to trade their paper tickets, why didn't they just create a fully electronic rewards system tied to user accounts? Less cost and hassle for everyone that way.

I didn't have my hopes up for getting everything, but I tried anyway.  I was only going to grab Dariusburst CE, but figured it might sell out fast so also decided to go through the motions and take extra time off the clock to add the standard version to my cart. 

Once I realized there was also a vinyl I tried for that too, and figured if I didn't get any of it, it would be a saving grace for my wallet...but no, everything checked out with no issues and now my wallet hates me.  I'm a happy camper though knowing I have it.

I'm really confused by their ticket implementation system. If they don't want people to trade their paper tickets, why didn't they just create a fully electronic rewards system tied to user accounts? Less cost and hassle for everyone that way.
Electronic ticketing was going to cost them hundreds of dollars a month. This was cheaper and more retro.

Crap, forgot it's friday and all about this. I went out nes classic hunting instead to no avail. Well guess I'll have to make double sure I'm around for the second batch.
I lucked into finding an NES at Target this morning. They must've restocked those and Switches for Mario Kart.

fucking give it a rest with all the Witch Hunting that goes on in here.  Get a new hobby.  It's beyond pathetic. 

It's a bannable offense on most sites.  Start acting your age.

Not great timing, but Special Reserve has finally gone live with their first PS4 limited edition game pre-order today, Strafe at specialreservegames.com
Too bad it's the PC version and not the PS4 version. Not interested in PC physical games at all.

Edit: saw that there's a PS4 version available as well, in for a copy!

fucking give it a rest with all the Witch Hunting that goes on in here. Get a new hobby. It's beyond pathetic.

It's a bannable offense on most sites. Start acting your age.
Confirmed! Nothing271 = chrisz300zx :D/

Seriously, though, scalpers are a necessary evil to keep LRG's model going. Product sitting on shelves would put them out of business.

Got a regular copy of DariusBurst, and Nova-111 (PS4). I was awake in plenty of time this morning. (walking the dog) So I was prepared, ready to go as soon as it went on sale. While the collectors edition looks cool, I wasn't willing to spend the extra $40 on it. I've been stepping back on collectors editions in general.

Got what I wanted and am looking forward to playing both games. I picked up a new Hybrid hard-drive on sale on Amazon the other day that I intend to install in my PS4. (Seagate Firecuda 2TB, with 8GB of NAND, very choice) Now I'll have plenty of room for keeping more games installed on my PS4 at one time.

I picked up a new Hybrid hard-drive on sale on Amazon the other day that I intend to install in my PS4. (Seagate Firecuda 2TB, with 8GB of NAND, very choice) Now I'll have plenty of room for keeping more games installed on my PS4 at one time.
Hybrid Drives are pointless. Buddy of mine purchased one for his Pro and compared it to his regular 2TB. Zero difference between the two while running in the PS4.

I haven't upgraded to a Pro yet, but my normal PS4 is running a 2TB internal and an 8TB external. More than enough space for all my games.

Hybrid Drives are pointless. Buddy of mine purchased one for his Pro and compared it to his regular 2TB. Zero difference between the two while running in the PS4.
Seems a bit harsh given the fact that you have no personal experience, and are just relating what a friend claims. Also, it seems premature to state that there is zero difference between the two from a single personal account, especially when numerous on-line technical break-downs have compared the performance very favorably, especially where the PS4 is concerned. I am well aware that the performance advantages also have to be considered on a case-by-case basis for different games. Some games will load quite a bit faster, while others don't. Different games can reference data on the hard drive differently, and this can affect how things perform.

And all of this is largely moot as hybrid drives are only slightly more expensive than regular plate drives, and I was able to get this particular one on sale. And of course, I was still rocking the default 500 GB drive that my PS4 came with. So I'm basically quadrupling my storage capacity, even if there ends up being no advantage to having an extra 8GB cache of rapid-access memory on there. Don't harsh my buzz, man. I'm excited to be finally upgrading my stock PS4 hard drive.

I expected you to die, Mr. Bond.
blofeld.jpg

bread's done
Back