Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I imagine people who use dino drives to also use reel to reel, VHS, rotary phones, and slide rules.  Possibly chisels and stone tablets and cave paints.

It's ancient "tech" and needs to go away.  

Mechanical non volatile storage has been the Achilles heel of human technology since the dawn of computing, from mercury delay tubes to drums to tape to disk.

When RAM+"disk" are one and the same and your SiSoft Sandra and Atto+IO Meter benchmarks are one and the same and you can turn it off without losing anything, we will have a computing revolution and paradigm shift on the same magnitude as the invention of the transistor and integrated circuit.

Everything in computing culture associated with mechanical storage will go away.  The concept of "loading" anything just goes away along with the hourglasses and progress bars that symbolize the legacy IO bottleneck.

It's pretty pathetic when you realize we have 100+ GB/sec capable CPUs with sub nanosecond cycle times and we still slave them to 7 decade old primitive spinning metal plates for memory that struggle to sustain even a few KILOBYTES per second of random access.

Even the Apollo computers the 1960s had universal non volatile RAM that could retain data indefinitely, had no write cycle lifespan limit, and was as fast or faster than the CPU.  We made a mistake sticking with capacitor based DRAM and relying on mechanical third tier storage for as long as we have while only making CPUs faster but not fixing memory/storage problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
That page sucks so bad. Limit two but no place to specify quantity and it's ambiguous if you are buying the PC or PS4 version.
I agree, it's awful. Even the "purchase receipt" by email (from Devolver) doesn't say what you actually purchased, just has a dollar amount. Fortunately you can look at your account history/transactions and see the PS4 version listed after the purchase.

I agree, it's awful. Even the "purchase receipt" by email (from Devolver) doesn't say what you actually purchased, just has a dollar amount. Fortunately you can look at your account history/transactions and see the PS4 version listed after the purchase.
Ah thanks, didn't even check order history. Also the PC vs PS4 version have different prices so that's another way to tell I guess.

Seems a bit harsh given the fact that you have no personal experience, and are just relating what a friend claims. Also, it seems premature to state that there is zero difference between the two from a single personal account, especially when numerous on-line technical break-downs have compared the performance very favorably, especially where the PS4 is concerned. I am well aware that the performance advantages also have to be considered on a case-by-case basis for different games. Some games will load quite a bit faster, while others don't. Different games can reference data on the hard drive differently, and this can affect how things perform.

And all of this is largely moot as hybrid drives are only slightly more expensive than regular plate drives, and I was able to get this particular one on sale. And of course, I was still rocking the default 500 GB drive that my PS4 came with. So I'm basically quadrupling my storage capacity, even if there ends up being no advantage to having an extra 8GB cache of rapid-access memory on there. Don't harsh my buzz, man. I'm excited to be finally upgrading my stock PS4 hard drive.
Should have specified that to me, hybrid drives are pointless for a minimal increase. If it was across all games, I would probably be onboard but my post was never meant to shit on your upgrade. more space on the PS4 is welcomed which is why I bought an 8TB external drive for mine. Enjoy never running out of space.

Should have specified that to me, hybrid drives are pointless for a minimal increase. If it was across all games, I would probably be onboard but my post was never meant to shit on your upgrade. more space on the PS4 is welcomed which is why I bought an 8TB external drive for mine. Enjoy never running out of space.
8 TB mechanical .... its like filling and emptying the ocean with an eye dropper.

Even a proper 8 TB storage device with a still insufficient 2.5 GB/sec R/W would still take an hour.... ugh.

DG7vZeS.jpg

So, has anybody bought any of those game protectors LRG sells. They're only $2 but not sure if they're even worth buying
They aren't really. Those protectors in general are only worth if if you buy them in bulk of 100+. The markup and overhead of a single protector is extremely inefficient.

Not a LRG thing, more a economy of scales problem for a product that is literally pennies a piece in large batches. I can't imagine this being a large volume item for LRG so they are probably ordering these themselves at low quantities and getting ripped on them.

If you are hardcore enough to want protectors, chances are you will want more in the future so might as well by bulk pack with more than you currently need.

That page sucks so bad. Limit two but no place to specify quantity and it's ambiguous if you are buying the PC or PS4 version.
Agreed. Really poor job on checkout page, but you can infer what you're buying based on price. PS4 is $24.95. PC is $44.95. Bundle (PS4 + PC) is 59.95.

They aren't really. Those protectors in general are only worth if if you buy them in bulk of 100+. The markup and overhead of a single protector is extremely inefficient.

Not a LRG thing, more a economy of scales problem for a product that is literally pennies a piece in large batches. I can't imagine this being a large volume item for LRG so they are probably ordering these themselves at low quantities and getting ripped on them.

If you are hardcore enough to want protectors, chances are you will want more in the future so might as well by bulk pack with more than you currently need.
Thanks for the info. Definitely makes sense

Got what I wanted and am looking forward to playing both games. I picked up a new Hybrid hard-drive on sale on Amazon the other day that I intend to install in my PS4. (Seagate Firecuda 2TB, with 8GB of NAND, very choice) Now I'll have plenty of room for keeping more games installed on my PS4 at one time.
I for one would be interested to hear your thoughts on the drive after you've used it for a bit. I've been thinking about picking up one of for a while now. Still rocking that 500gb og one on my ps4 and it's starting not to cut it anymore.

I wonder if the stock trackers are broken... I decided to get the Vinyl and a regular Darius too, but both have been at the same stock level for almost 2 minutes now. 

I wonder if the stock trackers are broken... I decided to get the Vinyl and a regular Darius too, but both have been at the same stock level for almost 2 minutes now.
I think they might be. The LE of Darius still lists as 78% in stock but the option to buy has been removed.

Wish they'd get a decent site that can handle the traffic. The Darius CE when it went live disappeared for about 20 seconds. Anyone else notice that? Or too many people using bots kill it.

Wish they'd get a decent site. The Darius CE when it went live disappeared for about 30 seconds. Anyone else notice that? Or too many people using bots kill it.
Same. I got regular version earlier and couldn't pull the trigger at 100 then. Glad it snafu's s actually.

Same. I got regular version earlier and couldn't pull the trigger at 100 then. Glad it snafu's s actually.
Kind of thinking that too. It might of saved me from the extra $40. Plus as I told my buddy who's pissed he missed the CE this morning. Wait two weeks as they will be all over ebay and I highly doubt they will be $150-200 yet when there will be 200 listings.

That's the difference with resellers though.  They aren't retail outlets that have to move inventory to stay afloat.  They can put up a 90 day listing for $999 that auto renews till the end of time and not care.  They don't need to move inventory or complete with anybody.

Darius CE and the vinyl soundtrack didn't pop up at the same time for me, so I ordered the CE.

Then the soundtrack went live and by the time I got into checkout, it was SOLD OUT. Oh well.

I hope everybody got some Darius today. 8-[

That's the difference with resellers though. They aren't retail outlets that have to move inventory to stay afloat. They can put up a 90 day listing for $999 that auto renews till the end of time and not care. They don't need to move inventory or complete with anybody.
Except a lot of people buy on credit cards with money they don't have. Thinking I'll flip this in a week for $200. Then the bill comes due. Why I told him to wait and see as there will be a ton up soon. Figure there are 2000 CE, 2500 reg, and probably another few hundred in promo and replacements. So a run of near 5,000. Darius is super popular and the game will indeed rise, but the flood over the next few weeks will keep prices near costs (ebay fees, le shipping, and game cost). Guessing 75 for regular maybe $140 CE.

I stayed home late to try for the vinyl, and added it, went to check out, and got a weird Paypal message about I hadn't logged in for awhile or something. So I think it may have went before I made it through, and when I finally tried to do Amazon, or just go through the standard checkout, it was gone.

So I don't know if the Paypal issue was on their end, or if the vinyl; had sold out, and the system gave that message. I really didn't want it, but I figured it was limited enough I would give it a go. I really wish I could add my CC info, so then when there is an issue, I have a quick way to check out, but this was the first time I had a Paypal issue of any kind, so I won't loose any sleep on this one. Nova was the main thing I wanted today, and the CE was just a bonus.

PM batch was worse this time it sounds like?
The leftover stock #s were screwed up is all, they wouldn't go down for a while and then went all over the place- I saw 7800% and -1%. I think everything went fine and feel like, outside of the vinyl, stuck around just as long as they did this morning.

The leftover stock #s were screwed up is all, they wouldn't go down for a while and then went all over the place- I saw 7800% and -1%. I think everything went fine and feel like, outside of the vinyl, stuck around just as long as they did this morning.
So worse.

PM usually lasts longer. If it was still < 30-60 seconds, it would be the same or worse than AM and worse than PM batches usually go.

That's the difference with resellers though. They aren't retail outlets that have to move inventory to stay afloat. They can put up a 90 day listing for $999 that auto renews till the end of time and not care. They don't need to move inventory or complete with anybody.
Are resellers living in mansions? Where exactly are they holding all this inventory they're constantly buying? With all the inventory purchased that they hold onto do the resellers have access to the phantom zone and just store everything there?

bread's done
Back