Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Look like there's not

THERE IS NO ORDER LIMIT ON THIS ITEM. ORDERS OF 30 WILL SHIP FACTORY SEALED IN ORIGINAL SONY CARTONS FOR UNCIRCULATED VGA GRADING
I want to know who is actually going to buy a box of 30, and then actually have them graded? Maybe in 10 years you'll see a return on you investment, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Anyone have issues with selecting PayPal to check out? I selected that as my payment method and it wouldn't let me continue- the button was green but clicking it did nothing. I checked out via Amazon Payments. I had this problem once before but that was with a much lower demand game.

But even then, that was easy... nowhere near the sell out times of WB or NT.
I tried pp this time, and it didn't work. Thankfully, it didn't stop me from getting the games.

Got both CEs. Surprised how long they lasted. Then went back and ordered both regular so I can play on either platform. Was easy this time to get everything I wanted.

I ended up getting the standard version of Ys for the vita.  I didn't feel like paying for a box and an artbook I'd look at once.  If they had included a soundtrack, I would have gotten the CE.

Yeah today was surprisingly easy (probably because of the 6000 total CEs vs. 3000).  I am a little surprised how fast Asdivine Hearts sold out though.

I ended up getting the standard version of Ys for the vita. I didn't feel like paying for a box and an artbook I'd look at once. If they had included a soundtrack, I would have gotten the CE.
I'm the opposite, as I'll get the art book CE more often than not, and when only a soundtrack is included, it is normally an easy pass for me.

Alright, so I'm not the only one who had issues with PP. Luckily it happened this week and not during WB or NT.
Outside of running a little slow, I had no noticeable issues today. The one time I did have a PP issue, I believe it was due to the item I wanted being sold out. But it gave me some weird message I had never seen before, and wouldn't let me check out.

Sigh. Sold out in 6 min. Had it in my cart but im at work so i couldnt hit pay til 10:06 and it was sold out. Blah. Whatever ill get a regular edition of Ys. I didnt want the Ys special edition as badly as i wanted night trap C.E. at retail and didn't get.

Asdivine Hearts doesnt even have a Platinum (unless the retail copy is different), reason enough to pass
So games must have achievements/trophy's for that grand ego stroke just for you and others to buy it? Honestly I'll never get why games have to have these things just to get people to play them. In my opinion it's dumb as shit. A game any game having to have some version of achievements just so you buy it/play it more.

Sigh. Sold out in 6 min. Had it in my cart but im at work so i couldnt hit pay til 10:06 and it was sold out. Blah. Whatever ill get a regular edition of Ys. I didnt want the Ys special edition as badly as i wanted night trap C.E. at retail and didn't get.
The games should be just as easy to get during the afternoon batch- all of them hung around at least 1-2 minutes.

Grabbed YS CE (VITA) and Asdivine Hearts (VITA) in one order. According to lrg tweet there are only 1000 copies of CE remaining that means 2000 copies were available for sale on this batch

I thought this would be another Night Trap CE situation so I ordered the PS4 CE first and then placed a separate order for the Vita CE when I noticed it was still available. I had to pay 2 separate shipping fees so I might have cost myself some money since they still aren't sold out. Oh well I am just happy to have gotten in on the deal, ive heard good things about this game!
I ended up placing 3 separate orders (each CE then the standard editions), with the same concern. Cost me a little extra for the piece of mind.

You could always try again later, and if you happen to miss out again, you can still order the standard version then, as it's up for 24hrs.

So games must have achievements/trophy's for that grand ego stroke just for you and others to buy it? Honestly I'll never get why games have to have these things just to get people to play them. In my opinion it's dumb as shit. A game any game having to have some version of achievements just so you buy it/play it more.
Yeah, I understand how a person may not want a title if it lacks in a certain achievement, but I don't understand why that should bother everyone else. While I'll never been much in to the whole achievement/trophies thing, I like the idea and concept, and it really doesn't hurt anything for them to be in a game, but I can't under stand why someone would opt out of a great game because of it.

I believe "N" should have added it to the NS, as it can only improve their relations with a certain segment of gamers, while not having them, is just a loss of business when almost every game offered on their system, has them on others. Which just makes for something others do, that Ninten-DON'T!

Whoops, for some reason I accidentally wound up with 2 x Fantasy Friday Bundle (Vita) in my cart during checkout, and didn't notice the quantity until I analyzed the invoice for why it cost so much.

I immediately opened a ticket to cancel one of the items, but I'm worried that it won't get looked at until after my last opportunity this afternoon to re-place the order if the whole order needs to be redone.

Has anyone had entire orders dropped because of accidentally going over the limit, or do they usually just help out by canceling the extra item if asked politely?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, for some reason I accidentally wound up with 2 x Fantasy Friday Bundle (Vita) in my cart during checkout, and didn't notice the quantity until I analyzed the invoice for why it cost so much.

I immediately opened a ticket to cancel it, but I'm worried that it won't get looked at until after my last opportunity this afternoon to re-place the order.

Has anyone had entire orders dropped because of accidentally going over the limit, or do they usually just help out by canceling the extra item if asked politely?
So long as you wanted just the one, I don't see why they wouldn't just cancel it and keep the other.

EDIT: You really shouldn't need to cancel both, and reorder the one. Just make sure in your ticket that it was an error, and you wanted 1, and not 2.

You could always try again later, and if you happen to miss out again, you can still order the standard version then, as it's up for 24hrs.

Yeah, I understand how a person may not want a title if it lacks in a certain achievement, but I don't understand why that should bother everyone else. While I'll never been much in to the whole achievement/trophies thing, I like the idea and concept, and it really doesn't hurt anything for them to be in a game, but I can't under stand why someone would opt out of a great game because of it.

I believe "N" should have added it to the NS, as it can only improve their relations with a certain segment of gamers, while not having them, is just a loss of business when almost every game offered on their system, has them on others. Which just makes for something others do, that Ninten-DON'T!
We don't want that hyper aggressive competitive testosterone crowd invading the Nintendo community, no loss I assure you. What's next, online versus deathmatch battle arena Zelda? Puke.

I'm really on the fence ordering a 30 pack of Ys Origin.

Maybe if there was a deal like "Buy 29 Get 1 Free" it would push me over the edge.

There simply are not enough B29G1 free deals these days.

Uh, yes? I also eat avocado and toast.

I'm really on the fence ordering a 30 pack of Ys Origin.
It's tempting, but I think the number of people in the world who care about VGA grading will be vastly smaller than the number of copies that end up graded. Then again, if everyone thought that, nobody would do it.

This immediately recalls images of hundreds of copies of X-Force #1 Sealed in Bag, everyone buying 5+ copies because "it's going to be worth so much because it's in a bag."

Accidentally screwed up and ordered the Vita version of the CE, saw the mistake I made, and just said whatever, ordered a standard edition of the PS4 version. I guess I could sell the Vita CE, or actually play it, but I had originally intended to just get it for the PS4. 

Accidentally screwed up and ordered the Vita version of the CE, saw the mistake I made, and just said whatever, ordered a standard edition of the PS4 version. I guess I could sell the Vita CE, or actually play it, but I had originally intended to just get it for the PS4.
Get the PS4 CE in the afternoon batch.

What are the predictions for final print run of Ys Origins Vita and PS4 standard? I got in on the CE so I think I'll pass on the standard edition.
Yeah, LRG should have had a contest to guess closest to the final numbers and offered a prize or something. Nothing great, but a cool way to get people interested in the "pre-order" deal they have going for this release.

This was the easiest order in history next to the Skullgirls preorder.
I ordered a standard version of Ys origins for Vita at around 9:05am. No worries.

I'm not surprised that shitty Kemco game sold out. The quantities were very low and people will buy anything these days.

Since most people won't open the game to play it they will never realize what a turd they just purchased.

I decided to just get the standard version of Ys. I don't have as many memories of the Ys series as i did for Night Trap (it still kills me I couldn't get that CE at retail as I won't pay scalper prices). So regular Ys works for me. My urge for art books and lithos is pretty much gone as I don't really look at them anymore anyway.

Did my single game order for the standard vita version of Ys Origin right after it went up.   I put my money where my mouth is.   I hope preorders work out.  It'll be interesting to see what the final numbers end up being.

You could always sell the vita game itself from the CE and keep the CE extras with your PS4 copy. The contents are identical either way with the exception if the box being marked for vita.

EDIT:
I'm not surprised that shitty Kemco game sold out. The quantities were very low and people will buy anything these days.
Since most people won't open the game to play it they will never realize what a turd they just purchased.
People mistook fool's gold for Bard's Gold.

Yeah same here. To people that bought it, you do know its a kemco title, that costs cheap on IOS and Google Play. Don't think I could ever buy an kemco physical title.
People have bought LRG titles of games that were free, and if memory serves me, one that was made free on the day of the release on LRG (I think it was Jotun), but people still went bonkers over it.

I don't think digital costs of games is really ever an issue when it comes to LRG titles.

You could always sell the vita game itself from the CE and keep the CE extras with your PS4 copy. The contents are identical either way with the exception if the box being marked for vita.

EDIT:
People mistook fool's gold for Bard's Gold.
The more I think about it the more I realize this is the kind of game I would probably play more on the Vita anyway, so this may have been a blessing in disguise. Still got the standard edition for PS4, so no loss there, but the pacing and flow of this game from the vids I saw make it look like a good Vita title to pickup and play, level up a couple times, and put down again. I guess I'm doing that now with Muramasa Rebirth.

bread's done
Back