Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Rare, gold, silver, it really doesn't matter; they all be cured up like tacos and destroyed within the year.

You can argue that's the point of the card sleeves, but I've seen baseball cards, from 40 years ago, flat as hell with no card protector. I'm not sure there's any excuse in 2017.
It's due to foil printing which was not around in sports cards 40 years ago. Do a Google search for foil card curling and you will instantly find hundreds of links with videos, discussions, etc....It's not a unique problem to LRG's cards (in fact, it's a much bigger problem in Magic the Gathering) and it's due to the nature of the foil which expands and shrinks depending on humidity and temperature.

Rare, gold, silver, it really doesn't matter; they all be cured up like tacos and destroyed within the year.

You can argue that's the point of the card sleeves, but I've seen baseball cards, from 40 years ago, flat as hell with no card protector. I'm not sure there's any excuse in 2017.
All my cards are still flat. Whatever trading cards I have left, they're all still in good condition. so ymmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been reports of LRG cards bending? These things aren't even a year old yet.
Yeah, I've seen it posted a few times, not sure how many have stated the issue though. All of mine have been fine, and most of them have just been tossed and laid wherever. I do have the LRG binder now, I just haven't bothered to put all the cards in it yet. It's on my 2018 to do list. LOL

I honestly put the cards in card sleeves and put em in a deck box to never be looked at again.

How accurate is the email sent out?!? I’m still awaiting non CE windjammers for vita and PS4, according to the email it should have shipped out.

So I have to wait longer for my PS4 CE only order because the Vita CE isn't ready????

The level of BS has reached ludacriss levels.
[attachment=29245:IMG_8875.PNG]

How accurate is the email sent out?!? I’m still awaiting non CE windjammers for vita and PS4, according to the email it should have shipped out.
The standard Vita Windjammers is holding up your order.

I do want to say I'm glad LRG listened to us and decided to send a blast email with shipping updates. Much appreciated.

what was the update
Good evening!
A few updates so far as our current shipping status.

Skullgirls:
Orders containing just the PS4 version have shipped out.
The Vita version is currently in manufacturing with Sony and we expect to ship all remaining orders in February.

La-Mulana & Nex Machina Vinyl:
All orders have been shipped outside of a few orders with the Nex Machina vinyl soundtrack. A shortage of transparent vinyl left us receiving fewer than expected from Fangamer. We are awaiting the arrival of the final vinyl before we can ship out the remaining orders.

Super GunWorld:
We are in the process of shipping these orders out!

Claire:
All orders containing only Claire have shipped out.

Windjammers:
All standard PS4 copies have shipped out.
Vita copies will ship out with orders waiting for the Windjammer CEs.

Windjammers CEs:
We are currently waiting for the Vita CEs to come in.
As soon as we have received those, all remaining orders will ship out.

Double Dragon IV & River City Melee:
Standard copies have all shipped out.

Double Dragon IV CE & River City Melee CE:
We are currently waiting for these CEs to come in.
As soon as we have received those, all remaining orders will ship out.

SteamWorld Dig, SteamWorld Heist,Nex Machina PSX Variant
All of these orders have shipped out.
If you have not received your shipping confirmation, please let customer support know! https://limitedrungames.freshdesk.com

Mecho Tales:
Orders containing just this title are currently shipping out.

Blowout Sale Items:
Blind boxes are currently being assembled by the factory.
We should have them next week and will begin shipping at our earliest convenience.
When that is complete, all orders will ship out.

Yesterday Origins & RockBoshers:
These will be shipping out shortly.

If you have any concerns with your order or need updates not provided here - you can open a support ticket at limitedrungames.freshdesk.com

You can follow what the shipping team is currently shipping by checking here:
https://limitedrungames.com/pages/the-shipping-room

The e-mail said that the blind boxes are currently being assembled, but I thought that they previously said all games for blind boxes had already been sealed so even LRG didn't know what was inside...

They should've started the e-mail with their motto:

Good evening, here comes the salt!

So my standard edition of Windjammers Vita is held up because of the CEs.

Pretty lame
That’s what I don’t understand , I don’t have a CE, so I’m under the assumption they have both standard vita and PS4 copies on hand but have yet the haven’t shipped my order out.

That’s what I don’t understand , I don’t have a CE, so I’m under the assumption they have both standard vita and PS4 copies on hand but have yet the haven’t shipped my order out.
My understanding was the Vita copies were supposed to show up Monday. My guess would be that they just haven’t started shipping them yet.

This new year releases all suck major D, bad homebrew style games, mobile ported games , horrible japan PC games ported. HARD PASS.

Can we get some good games?Oh were still in that "junk phase" you mentioned where stuff you couldnt get out earlier and once your past that phase the REAL stuff will come?

This new year releases all suck major D, bad homebrew style games, mobile ported games , horrible japan PC games ported. HARD PASS.

Can we get some good games?Oh were still in that "junk phase" you mentioned where stuff you couldnt get out earlier and once your past that phase the REAL stuff will come?
No way to really know, but if I had to guess I would say they could be having a harder time now that more companies have come to bat to put these limited release games out. I can't imagine that LRG has the funds to fight for a license against a company like Fangamer or Iam8bit who have alternate revenue streams they actively pull in money from unless the publisher they are licensing from is willing to let them go for it

My LRG order history is just:

Saturday Morning RPG

Shantae: Risky's Revenge

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

3x Shantae soundtracks

Skullgirls 2nd Encore PS4 + Vita

Astebreed

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

Ray Gigant

Deemo

Caladrius Blaze

Ys Origin

I've skipped everything else. I basically only buy the Japanese releases (or western games that kinda, sorta remind me of Japanese games like Shantae/Skullgirls) when they pop up and skip everything else. So there are definitely customers that like releases like Croixleur Sigma. I'm glad they signed it, but opinions are just opinions and all.

Have you played any of them already? Or are you just saying that because you are aware of their origin and don't like that they came from more "humble" beginnings? While I understand that it's hard to get too excited about mobile ports and such, I try to reserve this level of condemnation until after I've actually played the game.

Croixleur Sigma looks interesting to me and I'll probably give it a shot. Sky Force Anniversary is something I may also grab because I like these types of games but don't like playing games on mobile with no actual buttons. So it's a welcome port. We are all waiting for exciting announcements and while I can agree these games aren't exactly groundbreaking stuff, I don't think your opinion represents the majority.

We are all waiting for exciting announcements and while I can agree these games aren't exactly groundbreaking stuff, I don't think your opinion represents the majority.
It does represent the majority..........The majority of guys who post the same on a regular basis, but are here every day for the "suck major D" releases. So I would say they are in to that, as why else would you come here, when that is all that is offered apparently?

So I have to wait longer for my PS4 CE only order because the Vita CE isn't ready????

The level of BS has reached ludacriss levels.
attachicon.gif
IMG_8875.PNG
That's much better than the game not shipping because trading cards is not ready.

The e-mail said that the blind boxes are currently being assembled, but I thought that they previously said all games for blind boxes had already been sealed so even LRG didn't know what was inside...
This is what I was curious about... pretty sure I read multiple times that blind boxes were already assembled and they had no idea what's what so I figured they'd be ready to ship out.

Glad to know that I may finally see my Vita copy of Skullgirls before the Summer. I also really wish I ordered a PS4 copy and not Vita now, not because the PS4 is shipping out first either. I just know I  would rather play the game on PS4. 

Glad to know that I may finally see my Vita copy of Skullgirls before the Summer. I also really wish I ordered a PS4 copy and not Vita now, not because the PS4 is shipping out first either. I just know I would rather play the game on PS4.
The online community will probably be 10x better as well, so the PS4 was probably the better option of the two.

Glad to know that I may finally see my Vita copy of Skullgirls before the Summer. I also really wish I ordered a PS4 copy and not Vita now, not because the PS4 is shipping out first either. I just know I would rather play the game on PS4.
It sounds like they printed some extras, so there may be an opportunity to buy one down the road.

The online community will probably be 10x better as well, so the PS4 was probably the better option of the two.
It most definitely will.

It sounds like they printed some extras, so there may be an opportunity to buy one down the road.
Yeah, I may try to get one, but I honestly don't know how much I care to double dip on this one. I've enjoyed Skullgirls in the past, but it's honestly not something I am going to play a lot of anyway. Plus by the time I get my copy, I will be playing Dragon Ball FighterZ instead.

After publicly complaining on twitter they were magically able to update the shipping address for my order that's being held up by the vinyl.

I'm happy that I won't have to chase this order down after the USPS inevitably fuck s up the forwarding process.
I still wouldn't say I'm satisfied, since I was told twice that it was impossible to update my address on this order.

I'm most likely going to wait for my last couple of orders to arrive, spend my LRG Switch budget on a big ass memory card and more eShop credits and walk away.

After publicly complaining on twitter they were magically able to update the shipping address for my order that's being held up by the vinyl.

I'm happy that I won't have to chase this order down after the USPS inevitably fuck s up the forwarding process.
I still wouldn't say I'm satisfied, since I was told twice that it was impossible to update my address on this order.

I'm most likely going to wait for my last couple of orders to arrive, spend my LRG Switch budget on a big ass memory card and more eShop credits and walk away.
But Corey in the House Switch Edition!

bread's done
Back