Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I’m starting to waffle really hard on the Classic Editon of Super Hydorah. $25 more for a soundtrack, poster and (imo the primary reason I even want this edition in the first place) retro themed box art? Seems really steep. I’ll probably cave and try to buy it anyway just for the rush of winning like I did with Oddworld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m starting to waffle really hard on the Classic Editon of Super Hydorah. $25 more for a soundtrack, poster and (imo the primary reason I even want this edition in the first place) retro themed box art? Seems really steep. I’ll probably cave and try to buy it anyway just for the rush of winning like I did with Oddworld.

yea it is steep. i'll skip it.

yea it is steep. i'll skip it.
Yes, give into the addiction
596fa2e3dd43726bf5a1cc523000b984.gif

I honestly don't like to compare LRG CE with the ones from Play-Asia, as I understand the cost difference that is involved(US Vs. HK). But, I can't help but look at what is included most times, and it's easy to skip 9/10 for me. Mostly due to me preferring smaller size CE offerings VS. the big PC boxes.

I've stated before that I actually collect gaming related posters, but getting one folded is not really to my liking, and I get free double sided posters every month in several gaming magazines which are produced in the states. So for the posters, I put a value of "zero" on them, as I consider it free, especially in the way it's provided. I will also assume, most of the big CE boxes are that size, because of the posters.

If LRG ever decided to offer the smaller style boxes that we get for most special US Vita releases & PA, I would probably buy many more, as the poster would never be offered(as it would no longer fit). But honestly, these issues are a blessing really, since I don't really like the bigger box or posters, it renders a good portion of the LRG CE offerings moot, so I save in the end. For every LRG CE I skip, it allows for at least 2-3 standard releases, or almost two of the PA CE, which I much prefer, so it's a win/win.

Our lawyer said it falls under fair use.

We didn't sell them any...
Not fair use - first sale doctrine, which allows the owner of a material object to dispose of it as they see fit, where dispose includes resale or rental. Interestingly, there is a first sale exception for rentals of music and computer software.

Why is Super Hyodorah a limit 2? I shouldn't have a problem ordering it, but geez it's going to go fast.
Yeah, the standard should probably be 1 per, but since there are 2000 of the classic edition as well, it should help out slightly. But yeah, I'm expecting a few minutes at best on both versions.

I'll just be getting fallen Legion for the Vita, and I expect no issues there, so I should be good this morning.

Yeah, the standard should probably be 1 per, but since there are 2000 of the classic edition as well, it should help out slightly. But yeah, I'm expecting a few minutes at best on both versions.

I'll just be getting fallen Legion for the Vita, and I expect no issues there, so I should be good this morning.
Fallen Legion looks interesting, but I honestly don't know enough about the game and the reviews seem to be pretty middle of the road. I'm not as willing to take a chance on an RPG as I am a shmup. Super Hyodroah really scratches that Gradius/R-Type for me too.

Fallen Legion looks interesting, but I honestly don't know enough about the game and the reviews seem to be pretty middle of the road. I'm not as willing to take a chance on an RPG as I am a shmup. Super Hyodroah really scratches that Gradius/R-Type for me too.
I think someone would have to be a "collect 'em all" LRG collector or not have a Switch to go for Fallen Legion since it's getting a "collection" release for the Switch that includes the content from the PS4 and Vita version (along with an LE from NIS America). Not that it's that big of a leap to assume there are plenty of people without a Switch... I'm sure LRG will have no problem selling them out, as always.

Got my order in. One of each, standard editions only. It was a near thing on Super Hydorah, that one seems to have already sold out in standard, and classic isn't far behind. There appears to be quite a bit more competition today. I imagine not only have the fans shown up to shop, but flippers and retailers are likely showing up for the morning run as well.

Man, refreshed page at 5 seconds to go, it was up, placed in cart and immediately got the "wait in line" queue. Was checked out at 9:01, and it said sold out already. Fortunately, I got mine in. Must have been pretty close. 

Having a limit of 2 on a run of 2000 of a desirable item like an old school SHMUP is really kinda stupid, if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one of each.  Thankfully they limited the Classic Edition of Super Hydorah to one per person as that likely saved it from selling out in 2 minutes.  Probably should have limited the standard as well.

I often skip the mega-bundle because it has one thing I don't want (soundtrack, PS4 version of a game also on Vita, etc.). Wish we could create our own bundle-- which would really just mean letting us add to cart before 10am Eastern, and check out only after 10am Eastern.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but anyone notice how the timing on the LRG site is off?  The counter at the top of the main page often shows more time until releases, when compared with the individual item pages.  This morning there was a difference of about 3 minutes, which can be huge with some of these releases.  And the timers on the item pages are often "off" also - releases today were available to add to cart before the timer actually expired on them - most by about 5 seconds. 

I'm sure many others know this - just hoping to share this with some folks in the community who may benefit from it.  I somewhat reluctantly got the bundle today; thinking I may keep some and sell some but not sure yet. 

Someone needs to find out the names of any other Shmup developers that LRG is doing business with in the future, and clue them into the fact that shmup demand is crazy high. The LRG shmups always seem to get some of the smallest print runs, despite having insane, rabid demand. Hard-core shmup fans are not to be trifled with.

I guess shooters are the most popular genre. They always go quick. Super H has really good reviews too so no surprise at how quick it sold. I feel like the morning batch always sells out quicker than the 5 PM so there’s still hope for anyone who missed out,

Someone needs to find out the names of any other Shmup developers that LRG is doing business with in the future, and clue them into the fact that shmup demand is crazy high. The LRG shmups always seem to get some of the smallest print runs, despite having insane, rabid demand. Hard-core shmup fans are not to be trifled with.
Yeah, I agree. I grew up playing Gradius, Life Force, R-Type, Thunder Force, the Renovation games on Genesis (Gaiares, Whip Rush, etc). Radiant Silvergun is probably in my top 10 games of all time.

I don't have the twitch skills I use to, but I still love playing them.

I agree it's crazy how small the print runs these games get when they all have sold extremely fast. I love shmups myself and have bought just about every one LRG has put out thus far because we simply don't get physical releases of these games very often.

don't worry, you always have Limited Run Games official ebay account you can buy sold out games from. Their official account is run by chrisz300zx . And don't worry, they always have multiple copies of every game you want.

Didn't realize Super H would be so in demand. I just grabbed it for kicks. Maybe I need to finance my Fallen Legion purchase with a flip of Super H? Who knows, maybe I'm chris300zx?  :whistle2:  I refreshed all the game pages about 8 seconds before they were supposed to be available, and saw the purchase button was available so I picked up the games I wanted plus Super H. Had to wait in line about 15 seconds, but got what I wanted.

Yeah, this has happened for pretty much for every shooter they have offered, so I would say there really is no "clue" that can be found at this point LOL The least they could do is offer 1 per the morning and the afternoon, to at least get the small amounts to last longer, but that also seems an impossible task at this point.

Yeah, this has happened for pretty much for every shooter they have offered, so I would say there really is no "clue" that can be found at this point LOL The least they could do is offer 1 per the morning and the afternoon, to at least get the small amounts to last longer, but that also seems an impossible task at this point.
I never have issues getting what I want from LRG so I can't really complain. Just a shame to see so many of these releases immediately hit eBay and other third-party marketplaces. I definitely think they need to limit these smaller releases to one per customer though.

I never have issues getting what I want from LRG so I can't really complain. Just a shame to see so many of these releases immediately hit eBay and other third-party marketplaces. I definitely think they need to limit these smaller releases to one per customer though.
But if they do that all the collectors that want one copy sealed on their shelf and one to open and play will be so angry.

I say if you want to play the game buy the copy for your shelf and then buy a digital copy to play.

Limit these smaller releases to one per customer.

It doesn't really matter to me honestly. I buy my games to play. But I do get sick and tired of the same complaints.

If anyone is interested in a Digital Copy of Super Hydorah so they don't have to open their retail one, send me a PM.

But if they do that all the collectors that want one copy sealed on their shelf and one to open and play will be so angry.

I say if you want to play the game buy the copy for your shelf and then buy a digital copy to play.

Limit these smaller releases to one per customer. It doesn't really matter to me honestly. I buy my games to play.
THANK YOU! 100% agree. That's exactly what I do. I am a collector and I like having sealed copies. They are worth more in the long run. It's also helped me a couple of times when I was out of work and (regrettably) had to sell some of my games to pay the bills. I don't mind opening a game I really want to play, but often I can grab a digital copy on sale for super cheap, usually for under $10.

I would wager the people buying 2 copies are doing the same, and just keeping the extra for sale / flip / trade bait. I've considered it, but I'd rather let someone else who wants one have a shot at it.

Yeah, I've gotten every title I have wanted as well, but I can see the folly in most of this shit a mile a way. Outside of having the am lot sell out instantly, I see no benefit in them offering 2 per person. If they want collectors to get 2 copies, over some fans not getting one, then make more copies. Collector's are the minority, not the majority, so I see no valid reason to accommodate that crowd. But the same could be said for most changes LRG have made so far, as most seem to benefit the smaller group in favor of screwing over the larger one.

Limit these smaller releases to one per customer.

It doesn't really matter to me honestly. I buy my games to play. But I do get sick and tired of the same complaints.
Your statement sir is common sense, so please don't post that here, as common sense has no place in this thread apparently. LOL

Super Hydorah is also coming to Vita.

The amount we printed is to make up for it being on two platforms. Last time we printed a decent amount of Dariusburst and Vita fans just ended up getting the PS4 version since Vita was delayed. Then when Vita was released it sold really, really slow. 

The amount we printed is to make up for it being on two platforms. Last time we printed a decent amount of Dariusburst and Vita fans just ended up getting the PS4 version since Vita was delayed. Then when Vita was released it sold really, really slow.
Any ETA on Amnesia or Cosmic Star Heroine by chance?

Yup, this is exactly what I did with Darius Burst. I had planned on getting it for Vita, but ended up getting the PS4 copy and forgetting about the Vita release.

Didn't realize Hydorah is also coming out for Vita, good thing I didn't buy 2 copies.  I grew up playing shmups(we used to call them shoot 'em ups) and beat 'em ups, definitely need more good titles in both genre.

Sadly, this is what happens when there is no mention of the Vita version before hand. Maybe it was hinted at the same as Darius, but when nothing is said for certain, there is a big group who would prefer certain titles on one system over another. When nothing is confirmed, people opt for whats real, not what me be coming(or not). So many bought Darius for the PS4, and didn't get the Vita because they already bought it.

Didn't realize Hydorah is also coming out for Vita, good thing I didn't buy 2 copies. I grew up playing shmups(we used to call them shoot 'em ups) and beat 'em ups, definitely need more good titles in both genre.
Yeah, I had no clue either, and if I had a PS4, I would have bought that version instead, when I would have preferred the Vita one. This is a text book example of what I mention above.

I will be going for the Vita Super Hydorah myself. Shoot em ups are great anytime, though my skills at them are pretty bad now compared to earlier in my life when I played them more often. They still are good though.

Sadly, this is what happens when there is no mention of the Vita version before hand. Maybe it was hinted at the same as Darius, but when nothing is said for certain, there is a big group who would prefer certain titles on one system over another. When nothing is confirmed, people opt for whats real, not what me be coming(or not). So many bought Darius for the PS4, and didn't get the Vita because they already bought it.

Yeah, I had no clue either, and if I had a PS4, I would have bought that version instead, when I would have preferred the Vita one. This is a text book example of what I mention above.
We've never shied away from saying Vita was coming for Super Hydorah, anytime I was asked I said it was, even the devs did.

We've never shied away from saying Vita was coming for Super Hydorah, anytime I was asked I said it was, even the devs did.
Asking in some forum or social media isn't the same as it being announced. I'm here every day in this thread, and had no clue a Vita version was happening(I just saw the alluded to comments at the start on social media). So while it's great no one shy'd away when asked, you can't expect most of your user base to know that information unless it is on the main site.

And if everyone is free to give out that info, why not place a Vita coming soon banner in the emails for today's releases? So that way others who don't have that info, don't buy a PS4 copy, when they may prefer the Vita release? While maybe an oversight, it could be looked at by many as a way do sell off the PS4 version now, and the Vita one later. Saying it was stated, but in no official capacity pretty much shows the issues that most have here. As the proper information, never seems to reach the right people.

I read this thread and got eight emails from you in the last week (even at least one specifically about this game) and had no idea a Vita version was coming either. Would had been nice to know and would probably have skipped the PS4 version.

I read this thread and got eight emails from you in the last week (even at least one specifically about this game) and had no idea a Vita version was coming either. Would had been nice to know and would probably have skipped the PS4 version.
Where the information should be it isn't, and where it shouldn't be, it is. Yeah, those tons of emails each week stating the same things, but the info that could actually help, is buried to be hunted and searched for out on the web someplace. But the official emails and website, where the information should be, it's nowhere to be found.

Is standard Hydorah limited to one in the pm? I got fucked this morning trying to add all three ps4 games to my cart.

bread's done
Back