Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm a backer and I don't see any way to add another copy to an existing pledge. Beyond that, it looks like the only physical tier that isn't sold out is the $155 (120 + 35 shipping) CAD tier.
Did you ever get a link to Backerkit for this? I feel like that's how everyone does this stuff but I don't have a link to the Backerkit for this, nor can I obtain it manually directly though the Backerkit website.

Judging from the Kickstarter page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/causalbitgames/battle-princess-madelyn) it appears that the way to do it is to raise your pledge without changing your tier. I believe that this should still be possible to do. I will agree, though, that Kickstarter can be rather obtuse to deal with.
I'm not aware of any way to adjust your pledge on Kickstarter after the campaign closes. Sometimes campaigns will move over to Baclerkit where you can purchase more add-ons, but I believe that's not the case here.

No dice, unfortunately. There's no way to even bump up my pledge. Reading through the comments on the campaign it looks like everything was finalized quite a while ago.
That's a shame. That's not going to be fun to buy from eBay (buying both KS versions of Plague Road killed a part of my soul lol).

Thank you for taking the time to look, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever get a link to Backerkit for this? I feel like that's how everyone does this stuff but I don't have a link to the Backerkit for this, nor can I obtain it manually directly though the Backerkit website.
No Backerkit was made available. I'm kind of doubtful they'll implement one since the campaign ended over a year ago and we haven't gotten a link. Usually they're distributed shortly after the campaign ends.

That's a shame. That's not going to be fun to buy from eBay (buying both KS versions of Plague Road killed a part of my soul lol).

Thank you for taking the time to look, though!
No problem! I'd be happy to save my fellow CAGs some cash on these, but it doesn't look like this particular campaign has a way to.

Leftovers for AX pickup only. XD

Troll listing.
When I looked at the site on Friday night shipping was available. They must have changed it by the time I posted. I know at least one person got their order in for shipping. Just trying to help somebody get a deal on LRG games.

The Night Trap CE sounds great to me. Steelbook AND a long box. Kind of funny that you will end up with 3 different cases for 1 game but that is the type of crap I love

The Night Trap CE sounds great to me. Steelbook AND a long box. Kind of funny that you will end up with 3 different cases for 1 game but that is the type of crap I love
Yeah it looks like a really amazing edition and I kind of want it... But also I bought and played through the PS4 version and don't really see myself ever playing it on switch. shame cus the CE is so nice but hopefully they keep these kinds of CE's going for switch releases. Way nicer than most of their Vita CE's imo

Anybody have the total production run number for Ys: Origins (Vita)? Was sure I had documented it somewhere, but seems I must have deleted the file it was documented in at some point by accident

Nevermind, found the file!

I'm sorely tempted by the Night Trap CE, but I will likely end up just going for the standard edition pre-order. Steelbooks are always a big draw for me, but I have to cut myself off at some point. While I like a lot of the extras, the VHS tape in particular isn't doing it for me. Just not a fan of legacy formats, no matter how much nostalgia they may contain.

I got my copy of Thimbleweed Park in, and have actually played a decent way into the game. Nice to see them finally deliver on their first Switch release, even if it did take them a while. I actually got to meet Ron Gilbert briefly at the last PAX West I attended. The next time I go, I'm taking my physical copy of Thimbleweed with me, just in case I run into him again. I'd love to have a copy of one of his games signed by him.

I'm sorely tempted by the Night Trap CE, but I will likely end up just going for the standard edition pre-order. Steelbooks are always a big draw for me, but I have to cut myself off at some point. While I like a lot of the extras, the VHS tape in particular isn't doing it for me. Just not a fan of legacy formats, no matter how much nostalgia they may contain.

I got my copy of Thimbleweed Park in, and have actually played a decent way into the game. Nice to see them finally deliver on their first Switch release, even if it did take them a while. I actually got to meet Ron Gilbert briefly at the last PAX West I attended. The next time I go, I'm taking my physical copy of Thimbleweed with me, just in case I run into him again. I'd love to have a copy of one of his games signed by him.
Yeah, I had planned to get the CE as well, but I think I'll just be getting the standard. I had the PS4 version, but sold it off awhile ago, as I just didn't see using it anytime soon. Right now, with all these last Vita titles rolling in, I'm really having to turn down most CE, as the cost is to high, with most items of little or no use for me personally. Then when I see CE like Severed over at Play-Asia that is in the proper sized box, with cool extra's for pretty much less than what I pay for most LRG standard releases, it's really hard for me to get any of these anymore.

I haven't met Ron in person, but I did get a signed copy of the Art of Broken Age from Fangamer awhile back that was very cool and one of my cooler signed items.

Observer's been on my radar for a while so I'm definitely going to try to snag a copy tomorrow, but Magicka looks a little underwhelming. I'd be interested to hear any opinions on Magicka if anyone here has played it before.

I think I want the Night Trap pin more than anything else.... But I feel like if I go and order that tomorrow I'll also end up ordering the classic edition... What to do

Magicka is a riot with friends, but both 1 and 2 are buggy as hell. I played Magicka 2 couch co op with a friend and we got stuck halfway through the game when it wouldn't let us proceed.

Edit: oops, meant to quote Tothoro.

Just Observer & Night Trap for me, with Night Trap being my first Switch title ever and I still don't own a Switch.  I'm probably going to cave on the classic edition for Night Trap though to my disservice.

NT CE, Observer, and the stupid pin all secured.  Then I realize I should have split the Night Trap from the rest as it won't ship til September.

Being that LRG couldn't bother to let us know, or even find out for themselves, whether DLC was included with Magicka 2, I ended up with just Observer. First purchase since February. Back in the game.

I have the CE for the PS4, plus a regular one, plus the original Sega CD and I still want that damn CE for the Switch........ I think I need professional help. :lol:
I just have the standard on PS4, but ended up skipping the Switch release. I want the CE, but I figured I'd rather save the $70 this time around, but maybe I will change my mind come 6 PM.

Magicka is a riot with friends, but both 1 and 2 are buggy as hell. I played Magicka 2 couch co op with a friend and we got stuck halfway through the game when it wouldn't let us proceed.

Edit: oops, meant to quote Tothoro.
Thanks for the feedback! Think I'll stick with Observer for today. It'll help me save up for some of the crazy months to come anyhow.

Wow that Night Trap CE sold out quickly! 

Will there be another shot at it this afternoon?   

This will be my first order from LRG any advice to make sure I can actually secure an order?

Wow that Night Trap CE sold out quickly!

Will there be another shot at it this afternoon?

This will be my first order from LRG any advice to make sure I can actually secure an order?
Yeah, be logged in to Paypal & LRG before hand, and make sure all your info is already saved. I use PP check out, but others have used different ways with success as well. There will be more this afternoon, but not as many as this morning. So if demand stays the same, they may go faster, but if everyone got in on the am, they could last longer. No real way to tell either way, but I would say plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Gawds, I'm so weak. Ordered Switch #7 (Kingdom New Lands) and thought "What the hell, why not" and added #8 (Night Trap) to my order because I've ordered #1-#6 already. I do *NOT* need to start down this collecting hole...

I'm kinda surprised Observer sold out... figured that one would linger with Magicka 2. 

I'm kinda surprised Observer sold out... figured that one would linger with Magicka 2.
Observer looks pretty cool and has some good reviews. Magicika 2 seems more niche, I read a review saying in some places you’d have to memorize 10+ button combos. It also doesn’t help that the game is several years old and no one knows if it includes DLC.

Observer looks cool and is a newer game. Magicka 2 has been out forever and no one is talking about it anymore, it's a fun game for sure, but I personally had zero interest in a physical release of it.

I was about 15 minutes late this morning. Couldn't be helped, I was walking the dog. Thankfully, I didn't suffer for it, as all the games I wanted hadn't sold out at that point. Got my order in for Magika 2, Observer, and Night Trap: standard edition. I had already resolved not to get the CE, so that wasn't an issue.

Observer got a decent amount of critical praise, features some solid graphical presentation, and is fresh enough to still have some significant buzz. I will say that I'm a little surprised it sold out so quickly at that price. I actually hesitated slightly at the higher price. Part of the reason why it is so easy for me to pick up LRG releases is because most of them initially come out at $25. For me, that has always been a very reasonable price. So the rare item that goes higher sometimes trips me up, and I will usually do a little extra research on those releases.

Observer looks like an extremely cool game. That, in my opinion, is the type of digital game that 'deserves' a physical release. Magicka 2 was sure a weird choice--especially with no solid comment on whether it has the DLC. That said, I have a huge soft spot for that goofy-assed series, so I definitely had to hop on that one, as I never thought that I'd get to have one of those on the shelf. 

yes. For some reason they just went live a couple of minutes early. I was able to get Night Trap by 9:59
Same here...with less than 2 minutes left on the countdown, i refreshed and ordered.... Got the "howard lincoln was wrong, here's Night Trap on a Nintendo Console" special edition.

Yeah NT CE sold out insanely quickly both times.

I wasn't sure I'd wanted it because I got the PS4 version when that came out, but I mentioned it to my friends (that I played Night Trap with as a group game) and told them it came with a VHS of the complete movie and they talked me into it. Luckily I was quick enough and managed to get one right before they sold out. That steelbook and VHS got me. God damn. Hope it's a different trading card than the one I got with the PS4 version

I'm not that surprised actually. It is a well reviewed game and is $29.99 digitally, so actually has a smaller markup than normal for LRG releases. From what I understand LRG originally had this priced at $39.99 but lowered the price to $34.99 (I believe at the developer's request).

bread's done
Back