Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah the website broke as soon as it was supposed to go up. Also Amazon checkout didn't work for some reason but was able to get my card in, somehow in time. Not sure how but looks like I got an order in. Really stupid how few copies they put up and how it wasn't limited to 1 per order

Yeah of course the website went crazy and I had to log in like 3 times before I could put it in my cart and by that time it was sold out. Oh well looks like I will have to get it at 6 this time around.

I was able to get standard copy of S&S for vita this morning with no issues. Sold out fast but I was expecting that. Hope everyone who wanted one was able to order. Will probably get a copy of Furi with Golf Story at the end of the month.

Also, not sure why they gave Salt and Sanctuary (PS4) the same print run as Narcosis (PS4).
Digging into things to theorize... S&S sold extremely well digitally on Switch. I think it outsold the Vita & PS4 versions by leaps and bounds. So it's likely a course correction that a lot of indie stuff is just selling well on Switch so they need to drop production to make it appeal more to the scalper crowd and insure it sells out quickly.

Since there is no difference between the PS4 and Vita collector’s editions in what you get, I’m thinking of just going for the PS4 collectors and a regular vita version S&S instead of trying to go for the vita collector’s edition.

Missed the morning sale to fault of my own.  I'm just surprised the evening sale is still on with everything happening with that blasted hurricane.  I just hope Josh, Doug, and everyone down there is ok.

Wow! Regular version of S&S on Vita sold out in a minute!

Got a regular Vita copy and a PS4 collector’s edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well got S&S on both platforms, and put in a pre-order for Dust AET which will be my 3rd game for a system I still don't even own yet.

Hah had to show up early this time but I got one. These past LRG releases had been making me soft I think.

But having to do everything in sub-60 seconds is a feeling I definitely don't miss. Can't wait until Vita stops printing games at this point so I don't have to deal with this company anymore.

Yet again, the demand for Vita was underestimated.

Just cuz there is a Switch version on the horizon doesnt mean physical sales for other platforms will be bad.

Yet again, the demand for Vita was underestimated.

Just cuz there is a Switch version on the horizon doesnt mean physical sales for other platforms will be bad.
I beg to differ, jedex is spot on, cant wait to hear everyone bitch about chris. How much was the allotment originally going to be?

Hard to tell since part of the S&S original allotment was taken for Bastion as the the projection numbers for that one exceeded expectations.

Sitting here with the CE of the PS4 in my cart wondering if I really need to spend money on this when I haven't gotten around to playing it yet...

Don't forget that S&S is coming out to Switch in October with the map etc. On Best Buy with my GCU status it comes out to be $24...

I went with CE of both PS4 and Vita on this one. Really solid game, hopefully we can get physical copies of The Dishwasher series from the same dev.

It will be interesting to see the availability of upcoming Vita games, if indeed Salts low cart count was due to material availability.

It will be interesting to see the availability of upcoming Vita games, if indeed Salts low cart count was due to material availability.
Yep, Douglas made it sound as if Sony had given them a total Vita cart allocation for all of their remaining releases and that LRG can divide that more or less as they see fit, but there is no opportunity to increase the total allocation.

If anyone got extra dust for the switch hit me up. I was going to order after work today but I saw it go out of stock right in front of my eyes. I really wish they wouldn't change the rules on an "open preorder" in the middle of the preorder period...

I have been hearing non stop hype for the salt and sanctuary release for what seems like forever so I assumed it would be having a large print run. Guess it's the Nintendo Switch version for me. Is this the first time in a while LRG has had a game sell out immediately?

Yep, Douglas made it sound as if Sony had given them a total Vita cart allocation for all of their remaining releases and that LRG can divide that more or less as they see fit, but there is no opportunity to increase the total allocation.
Well that explains some of it.

If anyone got extra dust for the switch hit me up. I was going to order after work today but I saw it go out of stock right in front of my eyes. I really wish they wouldn't change the rules on an "open preorder" in the middle of the preorder period...
Yep I missed it too cause I thought I had 3 more hours.

Just curious how many LRG releases people are still waiting to be shipped/manufactured/delivered? With today's S&S for the Vita, I'm up to 9 Vita games that I'm anxiously waiting to play.

Just curious how many LRG releases people are still waiting to be shipped/manufactured/delivered? With today's S&S for the Vita, I'm up to 9 Vita games that I'm anxiously waiting to play.
I've got 8 and I don't get how I have that many... I'm barely around for these releases.:whistle2:/

Ive gotten to the point where I just buy and assume it will never show up. One day some day something will come I guess....

I wonder how many Rabi-Ribi will get, assuming it gets made at all. I actually went ahead and imported the UK PS4 version, which is pretty cheap now - $16 new from 3rd party sellers on Amazon. I would be willing to double dip for a Vita copy, so I hope it still happens.

I'm up to 6 now, the oldest of which is Cosmic Star Heroine for the Vita, which I ordered May 25.

I'm at 8 orders right now, the oldest being the observer, which was sold the last week of July, so it's going on a full 3 months without having shipped.

I'm at around 20 different titles not shipped yet, including 2 from today. Got Aero in the mail this past week, so that's good I guess. Calculated the amount of money and it's around $900 worth of stuff not received, dating back to May. Yikes. I know there are reasons for them not having the games sent out yet, however there are a couple companies frequently mentioned at CAG in a negative light that would absolutely be getting roasted if they did this kind of thing.

I'm at 6 orders and 15 games. Oldest unfulfilled order is Cosmic Star Heroine / Antiquia Lost on May 25th. 10 of those are Switch games. 

I wasn't around for the early days of LRG. I just buy what I want, but I decided to collect all the Switch games (for a little while, at least). Some of those releases have made it tough. I have the disposable income, but I'm buying stuff I'll probably never play. Damn collector mentality! LOL

I thought maybe I'd just do the first 20 games or so, but damn, Yooka-Laylee may be my breaking point. I didn't even pay that much for the PS4 version, and I bought that at launch. Ugh!

I'm at 6 orders and 15 games. Oldest unfulfilled order is Cosmic Star Heroine / Antiquia Lost on May 25th. 10 of those are Switch games.

I wasn't around for the early days of LRG. I just buy what I want, but I decided to collect all the Switch games (for a little while, at least). Some of those releases have made it tough. I have the disposable income, but I'm buying stuff I'll probably never play. Damn collector mentality! LOL

I thought maybe I'd just do the first 20 games or so, but damn, Yooka-Laylee may be my breaking point. I didn't even pay that much for the PS4 version, and I bought that at launch. Ugh!
Don't feel bad, as I sell off my collections every handful of years to make room for new ones, so I'm on the crazy train to say the least(and have been for probably 30+ years). LOL I'll probably sell my Vita collection next year, and I will probably have played only 20% of it all once I do(and that's a generous estimation).

As for my current order count, I have 9 open orders, with 17 games. I also have a few trading card orders, for the print to order sets, but I didn't include them in the game count. My earliest unfulfilled order is from May 25, which is CSH & Antiquia Lost, and my most recent received order was weeks ago, and that was Flinthook and a Vita RPG I believe, and those where from earlier in May.

Like I've stated before, this was never really an issue for me, as I was always receiving old orders, while making new ones, so I always saw progress(maybe I order 4 games this month, and maybe 4 shows up). Now, the more I have been ordering, the less that seems to be arriving, and that's for sure becoming an issue. Now it's getting to a point that if there are any issues, Paypal's more than generous 6 months deadline might start to expire, and then they will start to have major issues(not from me, but others for sure). I would greatly recommend they really make an effort to get these games shipped at least by 4 months, so people have time to receive and process any issues. Once that Paypal protection is gone, LRG may get in to bigger problems than they have currently faced.

I had six LRG from three different orders show up on the same day this week. It was a good time to be alive. Makes me wish their system was sophicated enough to combine and refund shipping though.

bread's done
Back