Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Got standards of both Vita games. Wild how quick everything's selling out. 1 minute for Alone with You's LE, 2 minutes for Alone with You's standard edition, 3 minutes for NLS's standard edition. NLS LE is still in stock, I'm guessing the price is a bit intimidating. Personally, I just have no room for or interest in most LEs.
I think people were confused about what they were buying. Many people seem to have assumed that the longbox was an integrated LE like some of the past LRG releases. It's just a fancy soundtrack case that is completely separate from the vita or PS4 standard edition game.

There is no "vita" longbox. It's just the vita standard game with a separate longbox with a manual and soundtrack inside. All of the longboxes whether you buy them with the PS4, vita or bundle are exactly the same.
I decided to skip the Longbox version at the last minute since only the soundtrack/manual are housed inside (though I suppose you could replace the CD with the PS4 game). If I was going to get it though I would have definitely gone for the PS4 version of the longbox bundle though as I figured that one would sell slower than the Vita version (and it did).

We're winding down on vita releases so everyone is freaking out because of that.

Most things I prefer ps4 but from now on I'll go for the vita version simply because I know it's in hand and will ship sooner than 6 months from now.

We're winding down on vita releases so everyone is freaking out because of that.

Most things I prefer ps4 but from now on I'll go for the vita version simply because I know it's in hand and will ship sooner than 6 months from now.
On that note, I know that NLS and Alone with You are marked as LRV-91 and LRV-98. LRV-101 or LRV-102 are the end of the set, so we must be getting close. I think that there are some gaps in the LRV-80's and probably elsewhere, but hopefully this means there are only a handful more mad dashes like this.

On that note, I know that NLS and Alone with You are marked as LRV-91 and LRV-98. LRV-101 or LRV-102 are the end of the set, so we must be getting close. I think that there are some gaps in the LRV-80's and probably elsewhere, but hopefully this means there are only a handful more mad dashes like this.
I believe there are about 17 vita releases left after today including the full setter game from LRG.

There are probably around 15 or slightly more Vita releases for them to be spread out until the end of the year. At their Fireside Chat several weeks ago they mentioned they had up to 20 more Vita releases left. Not sure if that includes the special game for full set collectors.

Tried for the longbox of Alone for You. Checked out super fast but still missed out. Went back and got the standard Vita copy, so glad I at least got that. Figured it would be tough to get the longbox given how limited it was. I will try for one in the second batch. Cracks me up that LRG are saying they are making standard Vita games with a limit of 2 games in initial offerings because they are afraid they will be left with several hundred copies in hand that they won't be able to sell. Really guys? When is the last time you were left with several hundred copies of a vanilla Vita game?

I've never even heard of Alone with You before. Why the hype? Are people freaking out because (1) it's vita, (2) it's in a long box jewel case, or (3) it's a good game?
For what it's worth: I'm guessing mostly (1) and maybe a bit of (2). (3) is not the case in my opinion.

I picked it out to play before the sale began to see if it was worth buying physically, and was highly unimpressed. The audio/visual side of things was nice, and the setting and atmosphere was well done, but even as someone who enjoys point-and-click style adventure games (which this is most like) and story-focused games like VN's, I found everything else was lacking. Monotonous and repetitive gameplay, lame and braindead "puzzles" with no challenge at all, plot that is somewhat easy to predict and doesn't go much of anywhere or introduce any surprises (with a brief, unsatisfying ending to boot), characters I couldn't connect with at all because it felt like they were all written exactly the same way, and even the cool-at-first cutscenes and transitions just got annoying after seeing them hundreds of times in the exact same unskippable sequences. The "romance" aspect it bills itself as having isn't a terribly strong theme at all I felt, and having owned a Sega CD myself ever since it was in stores I don't get how it's a "love letter" to that system, or why it needs a Sega CD-style LE. I suppose maybe it's likening itself to something like Snatcher? But it didn't have nearly the charm, suspense, or intrigue of that game. Instead I was falling asleep as I slogged through it, just going through the motions and wishing it would hurry up and either get better or end already.

Of course, more power to anyone who played through and enjoyed it, and bought it for that reason. I wish I could say I had the same experience, I wanted to like it. But I'm glad I didn't make a knee-jerk decision to snag the game based on Sega CD nostalgia or interest in adventure games alone. It disappointed me on both counts.

Got my Mystery Vita game from the Rewards program today and it was Rabi-Ribi. Not bad, though its going to the trade/sell pile for now as I already own a copy.
I got one today and it was also Rabi Ribi (which I too, also had), but the one they sent was the PAX variant. As someone who doesn't go to PAX, it's nice to have an opportunity to get one (even if just by chance) without having to resort to eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alone With You Classic Vita sold out almost instantaneously so I missed out again on that one, but was able to grab the PS4 Classic version so I can put the longbox with the vanilla Vita copy I got this morning. In the end I should have just gone with the mega bundle up front I guess. Nurse Love CE sitting at 97%. Ouch.

I got one today and it was also Rabi Ribi (which I too, also had), but the one they sent was the PAX variant. As someone who doesn't go to PAX, it's nice to have an opportunity to get one (even if just by chance) without having to resort to eBay.
That's pretty awesome! Hoping I can get a copy when they put the extras from PAX up for sale. eBay prices for those have been pretty steep so far.

Even compared to other LEs, the NLS LE just doesn't seem like a great value. Soundtrack, trading cards, ID badge, and outer box for $25. Unless the game has a killer soundtrack that nobody's talking about, it's a hard sell at that price on top of an already pricey (because of licensing I assume) game.

So it looks like Poop Slinger from Limited Rare Games was real and people actually got their copies. It might be the rarest PS4 game out there now.

That Nurse Love LE is not popular for sure.
That’s an understatement of the year I mean there is 90% stock left and it’s been on sale for over 5 hours. Has there been any CE/LE to sell worse then this? I know it’s not the greatest value when it comes to what’s in it but still that blows me away,

All signs point to them setting it up and selling the unsold copies down the line, bruh
It was a shame the postmark was covered in the pic that person posted. I had a suspicion it was possibly LRG behind the whole thing. It would have been nice to get confirmation.

It was a shame the postmark was covered in the pic that person posted. I had a suspicion it was possibly LRG behind the whole thing. It would have been nice to get confirmation.
The return address someone posted was for a Goodwill in South Carolina

8a8cb262e64457c0c39a32f42c5ef93f.jpg

Anyone can just add a fake return address, but the postage does specify that it was mailed from the zip code 29547 in SC. This happens to be ~2.5 hours from LRG headquarters in NC. I'm convinced that LRG are in on it, or that they know the culprit. They can easily tout that it wasn't them, even if they know who it really was.

That’s an understatement of the year I mean there is 90% stock left and it’s been on sale for over 5 hours. Has there been any CE/LE to sell worse then this? I know it’s not the greatest value when it comes to what’s in it but still that blows me away,
There’s 348 of 2000 left.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm interested in the upcoming LRG print of V411 HALL-A on the Switch, which hasn't been released yet. 

How do I know when it'll come to market, so I don't miss a copy?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm interested in the upcoming LRG print of V411 HALL-A on the Switch, which hasn't been released yet.

How do I know when it'll come to market, so I don't miss a copy?
Most of their announcements are made via Twitter: https://twitter.com/limitedrungames

There's also a Newsletter you can sign up for on their site (check the footer), but people have had issues with not receiving those sometimes. There's a Discord as well, but I can't attest for it since I haven't participated in it.

Thanks, guys. I'm following them on Twitter now, seems more reliable than their newsletter. They kind of bombard with tweets, but I'll stomach it until I snag a copy of V411 HALL-A.

Thanks, guys. I'm following them on Twitter now, seems more reliable than their newsletter. They kind of bombard with tweets, but I'll stomach it until I snag a copy of V411 HALL-A.
The best way I've found to keep up with LRG is this thread. The vast majority of LRG releases are discussed here.

bread's done
Back