Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Say what you will about trophies, but it ticks me off just a bit that Josh tweeted their release of Bloodstained on Vita would have a separate trophy list with a platinum trophy, but the list appears to be the exact same as the digital version: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9094-bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon

This list appeared earlier tonight. I doubt I was the only one whose decision to buy a copy was influenced by the possibility of a new platinum trophy attached to it.
He never said specifically that there would be a platinum trophy but he implied that they had something special planned for the for vita physical release. I thought that would mean a new list with a platinum and not a stack list. That is pretty disappointing but I am still happy I was able to add the physical vita copy to my collection.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1103716062116397056

He never said specifically that there would be a platinum trophy but he implied that they had something special planned for the for vita physical release. I thought that would mean a new list with a platinum and not a stack list. That is pretty disappointing but I am still happy I was able to add the physical vita copy to my collection.
Then that might be my mistake. I could have sworn I saw a platinum mentioned somewhere, though.

https://twitter.com/ThroughLineGame/status/1128677164675686400

I remember talking about this recently either here or in the Indie/Limited thread. Held off on buying it on sale several times because it seemed like a good candidate for physical, guess my stubbornness paid off this time.
Would have been nice to mention it's Forgotton Anne for the Switch and PS4.

I played the demo of it recently on Switch. Overall, a pretty cool experience but one I can just wait for a great digital sale on.

Would have been nice to mention it's Forgotton Anne for the Switch and PS4.

I played the demo of it recently on Switch. Overall, a pretty cool experience but one I can just wait for a great digital sale on.
If this is true, does it mean that LRG now has a relationship with Square Enix? Potentially exciting news.

If this is true, does it mean that LRG now has a relationship with Square Enix? Potentially exciting news.
Just click the twitter link Tothoro posted, Forgotton Anne is in the works. It's the developer Throughline Games announced the game. SE just handled digital publishing and likely has no hand in the physical production... but it would be interesting if SE was involved. Also it's the Anniversary of the game, so a convenient time to announce the deal with LRG if they previously were under an exclusive contract with SE that's now expired.

Side note...

I haven't seen in mentioned here but stumbled on the next VR game... it's something called A-Train Express and it's releases next Wed (22nd). I don't collect this stuff but figured I'd share it here to contribute. :beer:

Here's the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfaY9SCsHc/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just click the twitter link Tothoro posted, Forgotton Anne is in the works. It's the developer Throughline Games announced the game. SE just handled digital publishing and likely has no hand in the physical production... but it would be interesting if SE was involved. Also it's the Anniversary of the game, so a convenient time to announce the deal with LRG if they previously were under an exclusive contract with SE that's now expired.

Side note...

I haven't seen in mentioned here but stumbled on the next VR game... it's something called A-Train Express and it's releases next Wed (22nd). I don't collect this stuff but figured I'd share it here to contribute. :beer:

Here's the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfaY9SCsHc/
I was interested until I saw the $49.99 price tag.

My Jak 1 Standard arrived damaged about a week ago, so I filed a support ticket and they sent a replacement that arrived in 2 days along with that nice LR cardboard box. I didn't get my copies of Jak 2 yet because I ordered the Mega January Bundle whatever .The Jak 1 and 2 CE"s are about to be shipped on the 31st of this month, so I'm anticipating what they look like.

I was interested until I saw the $49.99 price tag.
I don't know what the normal retail price of the Japanese version was but they seem to sell for almost twice that now.

I am curious if everything is in English though since I may be wrong but I don't think this game got a US digital release?

I am definitely thinking about it, but the high price is not making it an easy decision. With tax and shipping it actually costs more than most AAA retail releases.

I don't know what the normal retail price of the Japanese version was but they seem to sell for almost twice that now.

I am curious if everything is in English though since I may be wrong but I don't think this game got a US digital release?

I am definitely thinking about it, but the high price is not making it an easy decision. With tax and shipping it actually costs more than most AAA retail releases.
It was just announced to be coming here, it'll be on psn

Picked up a copy of Doctor Dekker this morning. Surprised it sold out so fast, but I guess their FMV line has a bit of a cult following.

Yeah comparing to AAA day one retail pricing, most games aren't worth that to me. The exceptions comprise a very short list of franchises I still enjoy playing like Dragon Quest where I plan to retain my physical collection and replay the games. With the replay factor for games I love and own digital, in most cases I don't replay games. The exceptions are really special games and it's probably only a dozen or so games over my nearly 40 years of gaming that get any meaningful attention.

i got the key chain from the LRG digital rewards program they gave me the key chain from the super hydorah vita classic edition only problem I ordered stikbold! for the ps4 with it and the key chain ripped a hole in the back of the case and ripped a hole in the artwork LRG shipped it in a bubble mailer 

That, plus it was one of their smallest runs yet at 1500 copies, with no limits.
Huh, I didn't even think to check that. With the site redesign I don't even know if I saw the print run details before buying.

i got the key chain from the LRG digital rewards program they gave me the key chain from the super hydorah vita classic edition only problem I ordered stikbold! for the ps4 with it and the key chain ripped a hole in the back of the case and ripped a hole in the artwork LRG shipped it in a bubble mailer
If you open a ticket they'll probably send you a replacement: http://limitedrungames.freshdesk.com

Yeah, LRG customer service is usually very good. Open a ticket with them.

Yeah, If you haven't already, open a support ticket and we'll get that sorted.

I'll also ping shipping and see if they can either ship games with keychains, pins, etc in boxes, or maybe wrap those items so it won't cause tears.

Another launch day filled with crickets for LRG.  At least there are still enough full set collectors and flippers buying their stuff. 

jerkin-it-1.gif

Oh and thanks for taking away the stock counter.

Damn. Missed Dr Dekker both times bc of junk that came up at work today. Think this is the first time I've missed a game I wanted from lrg. Super small print so I'm not shocked. Guess I'll just have to hope they bring some to pax at somepoint

Yep. That stock counter definitely caused me to impulse buy before. Glad it’s gone.

It would be insane to take that stock counter off. I'm stingy af and it's made even me impulse buy stuff I definitely didn't need.

this is the worst weekend ever since that fish game. All those games are trash and wasted opportunity to fight for real good games not out yet.

Well... There are only 67 copies of Desert Child and 230 copies of Strikers Edge left... I think they are finally finding the sweet spot in set quantities.

Did anyone pick up an extra copy of The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker? Can't believe I missed it. I would be willing to pay a small markup if someone wouldn't mind selling me a copy. Just shoot me a pm. Thanks

this is the worst weekend ever since that fish game. All those games are trash and wasted opportunity to fight for real good games not out yet.
Exactly what game was cancelled or preventing from getting a physical release as a result of the three releases today? I'm sorry, but this is a really dumb argument. It's fine not to like every release or even any release, but some of us did actually want these games as the almost immediate sellout of the FMV game showed.

Yeish... $80 for that CE.  I love revisiting Dragon's Lair every 5 or so years, but this last time I scratched the itch by just watching the full play through on both games and Space Ace on youtube.   I think I might be good for the rest of my life with these games after that.

Yeish... $80 for that CE. I love revisiting Dragon's Lair every 5 or so years, but this last time I scratched the itch by just watching the full play through on both games and Space Ace on youtube. I think I might be good for the rest of my life with these games after that.
I bought that piece of shit the first time around because the standard was sold out. I wish someone had reminded me of trying the waitlist at that time.

Fyi, Sharin no Kuni canceled at LRG. Currently in contract with another undisclosed publisher.
IMG_5379.jpg
I knew this was going to happen considering how quiet they've been on Kickstarter about it. It's a load of crap really and I'm sure it's going to be EastAsiaSoft. I just hope they will allow refunds like Arcade Distillery did when they could not produce US copies.

I knew this was going to happen considering how quiet they've been on Kickstarter about it. It's a load of crap really and I'm sure it's going to be EastAsiaSoft. I just hope they will allow refunds like Arcade Distillery did when they could not produce US copies.
It's not like Arcade Distillery has actually refunded anyone yet.

Damn, I'm still on the fence about this A Train Exp going up later this morning. The price is high but it seems like the type of sim game I would like.  Looks like I'll have several hours to decide.

bread's done
Back