Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So I have 156 reward tickets and see they’re not giving anymore out, so I might as well redeem them soon. Who has redeemed theirs and how do you go about doing it?

Also, who’s like me and always adds a trading card protector to their order so their card doesn’t come in bent.
Thanks for the heads up, as I'm just shy of a second run of "40", so I'll have to settle on something less than the free game. The one time I did it, I contacted them before hand, and then sent in my tickets with their form: http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/LRG-LoyaltyOrderForm.pdf

I actually xeroxed my tickets and made sure to track the envelope(for proof of them receiving), and all was good, although I did need to contact them after the fact, as they where slow getting me the code for my free game. Yeah, I only ever got bent or damages back with the post cards, due to there size, since offering tc, I haven't got any damaged, at least that I've noticed.

So I have 156 reward tickets and see they’re not giving anymore out, so I might as well redeem them soon. Who has redeemed theirs and how do you go about doing it?

Also, who’s like me and always adds a trading card protector to their order so their card doesn’t come in bent.
I've redeemed stuff before. It's pretty manual, but essentially you just download their form and mail it in with the tickets, then they follow up with you when they receive it: https://limitedrungames.com/pages/rewards

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have problems with the lrg website trying to buy oddworld?  I tried to get one oddworld at 7, then it randomly said to come back at 10, then it told me to come back at 3 pacific.

Response from Josh about the game release delay this morning. They should not be releasing games on weeks where they are busy with other priorities.

[attachment=32362:5B26F96E-5D0D-4759-82AA-6A948E80524E.jpeg]

Anyone have problems with the lrg website trying to buy oddworld? I tried to get one oddworld at 7, then it randomly said to come back at 10, then it told me to come back at 3 pacific.
It depends where you are located. Sales are live at 10am and 6pm EST/EDT. Guessing you're on west coast and why you are getting those times.

Oddworld was live to buy a couple minutes ago, but you could only add 1 to cart, instead of the unlimited amount stated on product page. Didn't matter, by the time I was trying to checkout it was all sold out. 

Here's hoping the 3pm batch doesn't get screwed.   :???:

Response from Josh about the game release delay this morning. They should not be releasing games on weeks where they are busy with other priorities.
I'll go a step further and say, I'm sure they knew about E3 well in advance(6-12 months), so how about training said person on one of the weeks leading up to this one? It's not like they offer games once a month, and even if they did, that would have given them at least 2 training sessions within 3 months.

Josh & Doug seem like cool guys, but in regards to how they run their business, it's always been "reactive", and not much "proactive" thinking going on. Many suggestions made here day one(or near the start), finally happened after years of the same complaints. It's almost like the "N" mentality, of if we didn't think of it first, we want no parts of a good idea.

Looks like Tales from Space lasted a minute this time around and a Guacamelee lasted 2. It says on the product page for Tales that you could buy 2

Looks like they sold fewer than 150 copies of that Power Rangers CE today
Well its kind of a rip off. Steelbook, some magnets and a poster for $30 more? No thanks. My R1 Switch steelbook collection ends with this one. Not to mention the regular game itself is $59.99 (when digital is $39.99). I have a feeling the PS4 preorder will have near record low numbers and I feel sorry for the B&M retailer that will get stuck trying to sell it at $60.

Well its kind of a rip off. Steelbook, some magnets and a poster for $30 more? No thanks. My R1 Switch steelbook collection ends with this one. Not to mention the regular game itself is $59.99 (when digital is $39.99). I have a feeling the PS4 preorder will have near record low numbers and I feel sorry for the B&M retailer that will get stuck trying to sell it at $60.
The Power Ranger game is coming with DLC they haven't yet announced, including more characters, so we can't quite yet say if the price is egregiously high... at least compared the digital equivalent.

The Power Ranger game is coming with DLC they haven't yet announced, including more characters, so we can't quite yet say if the price is egregiously high... at least compared the digital equivalent.
Base game is $20, season pass is $15. The digital CE included the season pass and a couple bonus skins, plus the last update that added a bunch of stuff was free. As far as I know of the only unannounced stuff is gonna be the season pass, because they have not said what characters will be in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Base game is $20, season pass is $15. The digital CE included the season pass and a couple bonus skins, plus the last update that added a bunch of stuff was free. As far as I know of the only unannounced stuff is gonna be the season pass, because they have said what characters will be in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Oh, I didn't realize there was a season pass. Never mind then.

Still about 100 Psychonauts CEs left and a few thousand Power Rangers CEs. I hope this means we see fewer CEs going forward, it seems like everything gets one and honestly maybe 1/10 releases warrant it.

Still about 100 Psychonauts CEs left and a few thousand Power Rangers CEs. I hope this means we see fewer CEs going forward, it seems like everything gets one and honestly maybe 1/10 releases warrant it.
Yeah, they for sure over saturated their own market and then some, but who the hell was gonna buy Power Rangers anything? Is that franchise still interesting to anyone(asking legit)? During their E3 show, they made a big deal about it being available RIGHT NOW, and I was thinking is anyone gonna rush to buy this? I thought I must have been missing something, but maybe not? LOL

They already got stuck with a bunch of unsold Senko no Ronde 2 CE so they are probably not going to stop

The LEs have been lackluster lately. I'm still disappointed in my Nurse Love Syndrome one. No way was that tiny box with those few extras worth that much more money. Only thing was it was very, very easy to pack since i'll be moving in about a month or so.

Yes, less CE's of crap games would be welcome. Definitely, I have slowed my purchases down on them. 

With the DLC missing for some games, the overall lack of quality control on releases and the poopy VITA final lineup, LRG has gone downhill. I think the focus of the company has shifted too much towards profit margins versus good business practices.

Is there any sense of purchasing multiple copies of Collection of Mana, leaving them unopened and storing them away for resale years down the road? Supposedly it’s a limited run, but games are so mass produced these days that I don’t know if any game can be sold to collectors anymore.

Do limited run games like Collection of Mana increase their value anymore these days?

Is there any sense of purchasing multiple copies of Collection of Mana, leaving them unopened and storing them away for resale years down the road? Supposedly it’s a limited run, but games are so mass produced these days that I don’t know if any game can be sold to collectors anymore.

Do limited run games like Collection of Mana increase their value anymore these days?
I wouldn't. This game has stock at most major distributors, it's likely not highly limited. Scarce Switch games do have a tendency to increase in value, but unless you start seeing this sell out at multiple stores, it's definitely not going to be hard to find.

Video game hoarding to sell later is a fool's game IMHO. I'm very sure many LRG purchases and other limited purchases will crash and burn in price, which has happened to quite a few of the releases already. Collection of Mana I can see going to half off easily. Remember that S-E had limited copies of I Am Setsuna and that other RPG game from that studio physical copies and they both crashed in price as well. I wouldn't do it at least.

Video game hoarding to sell later is a fool's game IMHO. I'm very sure many LRG purchases and other limited purchases will crash and burn in price, which has happened to quite a few of the releases already. Collection of Mana I can see going to half off easily. Remember that S-E had limited copies of I Am Setsuna and that other RPG game from that studio physical copies and they both crashed in price as well. I wouldn't do it at least.
This 100% remember when everyone was losing their mind for not getting Wonderboy or Night Trap. They are easily available now. Yes some games go up in price but they are just as susceptible to go down as well.

Remember when those games were slightly worth something before everything got re-released on switch? Life was good. Now I have stacks of SMRPG vita just collecting dust.

Remember when those games were slightly worth something before everything got re-released on switch? Life was good. Now I have stacks of SMRPG vita just collecting dust.
I sold Gryphon Knight Epic for $300 from SLG. No standard copies from LRG go close to that. The Jak 1 CE is the only thing in months that actually has good resale value. People who're holding on to a ton of sealed games will be in a for a rude awakening. How much Is a library of shitty games worth anyway??

I sold Gryphon Knight Epic for $300 from SLG. No standard copies from LRG go close to that. The Jak 1 CE is the only thing in months that actually has good resale value. People who're holding on to a ton of sealed games will be in a for a rude awakening. How much Is a library of shitty games worth anyway??​
Vita games is where it's at

Ps4 games hardly have resale value

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, they for sure over saturated their own market and then some, but who the hell was gonna buy Power Rangers anything? Is that franchise still interesting to anyone(asking legit)? During their E3 show, they made a big deal about it being available RIGHT NOW, and I was thinking is anyone gonna rush to buy this? I thought I must have been missing something, but maybe not? LOL
Yes, plenty of people still enjoy Power Rangers. Myself included. This game shouldn’t have launched until everything was in place, but it’s pretty decent all things considered.

Vita games is where it's at

Ps4 games hardly have resale value

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah that's true. Trying to sell a lot of PS4 LRG games now and getting no interest.

Unfortunately I sold off most of my Vita LRG games in a lot last year . I think I sold 24 for $550 which was underselling. I kept some of the pricier ones. While they would go for more now it's not enough to where I'd lose sleep over it.

Two solid games coming this Friday at LRG. Pix the Cat (Vita) is one I never have played but it looks really fun, and hard. Freedom Planet (PS4, Switch) is a great game. Too bad no plats for either game. Hopefully LRG limits Pix the Cat to one per person for both batches.

Freedom Planet looks really good, kind of like a well done Sonic clone.

And yeah, all future LRG Vita releases should be limited to one per person considering they've been selling out in under a minute now.

Two solid games coming this Friday at LRG. Pix the Cat (Vita) is one I never have played but it looks really fun, and hard. Freedom Planet (PS4, Switch) is a great game. Too bad no plats for either game. Hopefully LRG limits Pix the Cat to one per person for both batches.
Ugh, I was really really hoping for at least separate trophy lists on these. It would have been so fun to go for a plat on Pix the Cat after 100%ing the PS4 & Vita versions.

Best Buy isn't slated to carry Celeste or The Messenger, are they? Can't believe I didn't notice those release and now they're oos obviously.

Thanks for the info. Sucks I missed the extras but happy to be able to buy them from Best Buy or the site when they come out. Guess I'll wait on Hollow Knight until the new release with all the DLC attached too.

bread's done
Back