Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I only buy digital as I only want a tangible disc to share, etc. Every game I buy including ones from LRG, I throw away the case and manual and just treasure the disc as that’s all that matters to me really.

I don’t get off personally on seeing sealed cases in a shelf
Not sure I'm following, but you do you.

Hoarding is hoarding. It doesn't matter whether your intent is to hold them captive in your dungeon for all eternity or resell them immediately. You are buying multiple copies out of gluttony, and because you expect them become more valuable in time.

The thing that really gets me are these people ("collectors") that go off on flippers. Because they are doing the exact same thing. As if its any different just because they plan on accruing value with their collection over 30 years instead of selling it tomorrow. The sealed copy "collectors" that rant and rave over flipping and reselling are complete lunatics.
Some people just like collecting for the experience, not because of some perceived value down the line. I suppose you could argue that all collecting is hoarding, but so is maintaining a massive backlog that you never get to, even if you only buy one copy of each game. In any event, I agree that the market impact of a collector or even someone who plays their games but keeps them is the same as a reseller/flipper who follows the rules. All of those copies are taken out of the market and not available to other buyers directly from the initial retailer.

Hoarding is hoarding. It doesn't matter whether your intent is to hold them captive in your dungeon for all eternity or resell them immediately. You are buying multiple copies out of gluttony, and because you expect them become more valuable in time.

The thing that really gets me are these people ("collectors") that go off on flippers. Because they are doing the exact same thing. As if its any different just because they plan on accruing value with their collection over 30 years instead of selling it tomorrow. The sealed copy "collectors" that rant and rave over flipping and reselling are complete lunatics.
:cheers: Cheers mate. So true

Taken from the International OCD Foundation:

What is compulsive hoarding? Compulsive hoarding includes ALL three of the following: 1.A person collects and keeps a lot of items, even things that appear useless or of little value to most people, and 2.These items clutter the living spaces and keep the person from using their rooms as they were intended, and 3.These items cause distress or problems in day-to-day activities. How is hoarding different from collecting? In hoarding, people seldom seek to display their possessions, which are usually kept in disarray. In collecting, people usually proudly display their collections and keep them well organized.
Just some info to help people figure out whether they are a hoarder or collector.

Just some info to help people figure out whether they are a hoarder or collector.
What if I'm both? I proudly display a collection, but there's also a mess, and I haven't organized EVERYTHING, so some is on the floor, ready to be organized, but I'm also a gamer, and I keep spending time playing games.

What if I'm both? I proudly display a collection, but there's also a mess, and I haven't organized EVERYTHING, so some is on the floor, ready to be organized, but I'm also a gamer, and I keep spending time playing games.
Haha. I was wondering the same thing about myself. According to the definition I think I'm safely in the collector category, other than the gajillion storage boxes of retro gaming hardware I have stacked in my basement, semi-organized.

Haven't ordered a game from LRG in quite sometime (I don't think I have ordered a single one this year after buying dozens previously). I got to the point with LRG that the releases have gotten too frequent and the quality of titles haven't always been my cup of tea. I ended up selling a majority of my LRG Vita collection last year and have no regrets doing that as I still have the ones I actually want like the Oddworld games. 

That being said, I have really been wanting to play Timespinner and now that it's getting a physical release I will be ordering my first LRG game in about a year. 

People who buy CE's and low print uns and LRG games are looking for profits and "I have it but you don't" mentally. Its all about money. Perfect example are people who buy ANY VITA game that comes out.

Kudos to LRG for limiting the Atari Vita game to 1 per person, 1500 copies up for grabs. The CE is 2 per person, 1200 copies. The CE only contains 8 trading cards in addition to the game at $44.99. I can understand them not limiting the CE to 1 per person. Glad that there will be 2700 total copies of the game. It should sell pretty quick.

I was hoping to make it a smaller sale day tomorrow. But then I looked up info on Hover, and it actually looks really good. So it's probably going to be on the pile, along with Timespinners and hopefully a Vita copy of Atari. I'm sorely tempted by the Atari collectors edition, but I can probably limit myself to the standard edition. The external box is what draws me, the foil cards are no big deal. Designing the external box to look like a classic cartridge is a great idea, and wonderful design. Very appropriate given the content on the game itself.

you dont have to buy Timespinners tomorrow its going to be a 2 week open pre-order until AUGUST 16TH so you have time to get it

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to LRG for limiting the Atari Vita game to 1 per person, 1500 copies up for grabs. The CE is 2 per person, 1200 copies. The CE only contains 8 trading cards in addition to the game at $44.99. I can understand them not limiting the CE to 1 per person. Glad that there will be 2700 total copies of the game. It should sell pretty quick.

I just wish I could buy that set of cards by themselves that comes in the CE. I bought a LRG card binder and I was buying those individual sets of cards they would sell and it still has room in it

you dont have to buy Timespinners tomorrow its going to be a 2 week open pre-order until AUGUST 16TH so you have time to get it
Glad it's an open pre-order too. Wasn't really wanting to spend the money this week, but will absolutely order a copy next Friday when it's payday.

No one mentioned that AI Somnium Files PC yet though.  What a friggin steal  :rofl:

Everyone keep saying the vita release today is hard, I know it will sell out, but it's atari flashback classics folks.  Let's be reasonable lol

No one mentioned that AI Somnium Files PC yet though. What a friggin steal :rofl:

Everyone keep saying the vita release today is hard, I know it will sell out, but it's atari flashback classics folks. Let's be reasonable lol
You're right, it may be in stock for 4-5 minutes instead of the normal 1-2.

Also, shipping/production updates since 7/19:

Marked as Shipped/Removed from Production Updates since 7/16:

• Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • A-Train Express (PS4)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"

• Aegis Defenders (PS4)

July (even though it's August)

• A Hole New World NES OST
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Airheart (PS4 + PS4-Soundtrack Bundle)

August

• Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4 CE)
  • Toe Jam & Earl Funkothon Retro Cases
  • Jak 3 (PS4 CE)
  • The House in Fata Morgana (Vita CE + PS4 CE)
  • The Messenger (PS4 + Switch)
  • Giga Wrecker Alt (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Minit (PS4 + Switch)
  • Aegis Defenders (Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4)
  • Oddworld: New & Tasty (PS3 + PS3 CE)
  • Pix the Cat (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Teslagrad (Vita)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)
September

• Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4 CE)
  • Momodora (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Transistor (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4)
October

• Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch CE)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Transistor (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
November

• Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (Switch)
  • Double Switch (Switch + Switch CE)

No Date/TBA

• Celeste (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Project Lux (PSVR)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • Red Matter (PSVR)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4 + Switch)
  • Double Switch (PC)
  • Double Switch Vinyl
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + Game Boy)
  • Timespinner (PS4 + Switch)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita + Vita Deluxe)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Hover (Vinyl)
  • Hover (Artbook)

Of note:

• It was a pretty weak two weeks for shipping with only three SKUs shipped. Vacations and the fact that they're shipping CEs probably contributed.
  • New Switch games are pushing the end of the year at this point, with ~4 months turnaround looking to be the norm.
  • Vita games (minus CEs) continue to ship quickly, since they're all on-hand.
  • As usual, the upcoming month has a lot slated to ship and it's likely some of the releases will slip.
  • Project Lux is one of their oldest pending releases and still has no date. My thought is that Sekai wasn't done before it was sold (it was sold in March and only released on PSN a little over a month ago)
  • LRG has 85 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 170k units of already-sold product.This is up seven SKUs from two weeks ago.

Site was quick for me as well.  Went with one of each new release (the CE for Atari Flashback instead of the standard).  It appears the CE sold out the quickest in about 2 minutes with the standard following soon after.

I probably should have went for the standard as well since I may need it for trade fodder in the future if Vita releases continue to sell out lightning quick.

items added incorrectly to add for me. Added Atari, then added Timespinners, but it removed Atari, went back to add Atari, then said I had 2 copies of Atari, but Timespinners was removed lol.  When I finally got them both in cart, Atari was sold out. Oh well  :applause:

Site was quick for me as well. Went with one of each new release (the CE for Atari Flashback instead of the standard). It appears the CE sold out the quickest in about 2 minutes with the standard following soon after.

I probably should have went for the standard as well since I may need it for trade fodder in the future if Vita releases continue to sell out lightning quick.
So long as they stay in the 2 minute range, we should be OK, but if we get some 1 minute and under(30 seconds), it might be trouble.

<p>

You're right, it may be in stock for 4-5 minutes instead of the normal 1-2.

Also, shipping/production updates since 7/19:

Marked as Shipped/Removed from Production Updates since 7/16:

• Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • A-Train Express (PS4)
Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"
  • Aegis Defenders (PS4)
July (even though it's August)
  • A Hole New World NES OST
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Airheart (PS4 + PS4-Soundtrack Bundle)
August
  • Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4 CE)
  • Toe Jam & Earl Funkothon Retro Cases
  • Jak 3 (PS4 CE)
  • The House in Fata Morgana (Vita CE + PS4 CE)
  • The Messenger (PS4 + Switch)
  • Giga Wrecker Alt (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Minit (PS4 + Switch)
  • Aegis Defenders (Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4)
  • Oddworld: New & Tasty (PS3 + PS3 CE)
  • Pix the Cat (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Teslagrad (Vita)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)
September
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4 CE)
  • Momodora (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Transistor (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4)
October
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch CE)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Transistor (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
November
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (Switch)
No Date/TBA
  • Celeste (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Project Lux (PSVR)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • Red Matter (PSVR)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4 + Switch)
  • Double Switch (PC)
  • Double Switch Vinyl
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + Game Boy)
  • Timespinner (PS4 + Switch)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita + Vita Deluxe)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Hover (Vinyl)
  • Hover (Artbook)

Of note:
  • It was a pretty weak two weeks for shipping with only three SKUs shipped. Vacations and the fact that they're shipping CEs probably contributed.
  • New Switch games are pushing the end of the year at this point, with ~4 months turnaround looking to be the norm.
  • Vita games (minus CEs) continue to ship quickly, since they're all on-hand.
  • As usual, the upcoming month has a lot slated to ship and it's likely some of the releases will slip.
  • Project Lux is one of their oldest pending releases and still has no date. My thought is that Sekai wasn't done before it was sold (it was sold in March and only released on PSN a little over a month ago)
  • LRG has 85 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 170k units of already-sold product.This is up seven SKUs from two weeks ago.
Man, I was hoping Fata Morgana was going to ship sooner. I’ll be finishing XC2 this weekend and I was hoping to have that in hand to play next.

Man, I was hoping Fata Morgana was going to ship sooner. I’ll be finishing XC2 this weekend and I was hoping to have that in hand to play next.
I believe it was originally slated to ship in Late June, for what it's worth. Standard copies are out there already but the CEs are taking their sweet time.

It would have been nice to see more details of the CE case. Does it include a full size vita case (which would be much too large for a 1:1 Atari cartridge) or does the vita cart come in an Atari cartridge-sized case with no standard Vita case?

Are these remastered/updated Turok games or literally the OG N64 version?  If they are the OG version, they should have made it a "collection" and included multiple games on one cart.  If they are updated, I guess I can see releasing them separate assuming it was a big upgrade..

Are these remastered/updated Turok games or literally the OG N64 version? If they are the OG version, they should have made it a "collection" and included multiple games on one cart. If they are updated, I guess I can see releasing them separate assuming it was a big upgrade..
The devs would need to do the work to create a home screen, create new launchers, testing, Nintendo approval, etc. it’s not just throwing them on one cart.

Are these remastered/updated Turok games or literally the OG N64 version? If they are the OG version, they should have made it a "collection" and included multiple games on one cart. If they are updated, I guess I can see releasing them separate assuming it was a big upgrade..
They've had a pretty fair amount of remastering. Reviews already exist for the first one on Switch and Steam (I'm less familiar with the treatment that the second game received).

Tyrok will be buying Turok on LRG since there is no mention of Best Buy ordering stock in the description. ;)

Had to wait a while for the order to do its final processing, but was able to get both the SE and CE of Atari. Good that LRG is offering 2700 total. I hope they are able to up the numbers for the remaining more popular Vita releases. Even at 1 per person for the SE it sold out pretty doggone quick.

I have no idea why I want Turok but it was one of the first games I had on the N64 so I feel nostalgic. Hoping they bundle them or something because I feel bad paying that price for an N64 port lol

I missed out on the Atari Flashback, and I was only about two minutes late. It sold out real fast.

I'm not upset, though. I had already gone out of my way to insure that I secured a new copy for the Nintendo Switch. Having another copy on the Vita would have been nice, but not really a necessity. I did get a copy of Hover for the PS4, so that's good. Went ahead and threw a pre-order copy of TimeSpinner on there as well. (for the Switch) I've always been a huge fan of Metroidvania-style games, so that one was an easy choice.

Same here. Since it's an open pre-order, I'm going to wait and see if there's anything else I can bundle it with in coming weeks.
Exactly. I love their open pre-order model. If you can place an Order in 2 weeks, the blame is entirely on you. I hope in the next 2 weeks Blazing chrome gets released so I can bundle it

I have no idea why I want Turok but it was one of the first games I had on the N64 so I feel nostalgic. Hoping they bundle them or something because I feel bad paying that price for an N64 port lol
They won't. You'll be paying 70 dollars plus shipping.

I want them but that's way too much for me.

bread's done
Back