Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Sounds like he's going to be some kind of brand ambassador. Kind of grosses me out to say that term. Maybe he can help throw a constructive view that the owners typically get defensive about when it comes from outside their four walls. Best case, we get more info which would be useful... though I'm done buying games I don't know about before hand and I'm not going to watch or listen to some podcast or stream about a company. If I have to go research something, it's probably not worth my time or money outside of a cheap digital purchase anyway.

What this does show is they aren't hurting for money to hire this guy.

I think they hired him for the shipping department. :beer:

LRG will be handling the physical release of Streets of Rage 4. Granted I’m happy it’s getting a physical version but really think they could have released that at retail.

First big shipment from LRG for 2020 arrived a few days ago. It included my copy of Metal Storm's collectors edition, Siralim 3, and The Duck Game. It's been fairly rare for me to pony up for CEs, but Metal Storm is an exception I was willing to make. And thankfully, the final product appears to be worth it. The game arrived in good condition, and the CE box is very nice. The foil in particular is very nice, and makes a good accent. The NES box for the game itself is also high quality, and I would even say it is better than the original NES box. (which I still have) The rest of the extras are all solid, but the game itself and the CE box were my primary concern. Fairly satisfied with this one, but I wouldn't have gone for it if I weren't a huge Metal Storm fan. (beaten both of the original game's campaigns on the original cartridge)

Last edited by a moderator:
First big shipment from LRG for 2020 arrived a few days ago. It included my copy of Metal Storm's collectors edition, Siralim 3, and The Duck Game. It's been fairly rare for me to pony up for CEs, but Metal Storm is an exception I was willing to make. And thankfully, the final product appears to be worth it. The game arrived in good condition, and the CE box is very nice. The foil in particular is very nice, and makes a good accent. The NES box for the game itself is also high quality, and I would even say it is better than the original NES box. (which I still have) The rest of the extras are all solid, but the game itself and the CE box were my primary concern. Fairly satisfied with this one, but I wouldn't have gone for it if I weren't a huge Metal Storm fan. (beaten both of the original game's campaigns on the original cartridge)
That Metal Storm CE was a thing of beauty, though I believe they were only the distributor on that and didn't actually design it.

Question, is there a reason Vita and NS blind boxes haven't shipped from their recent sale? I thought everything was in stock and ready to ship? But I'm also in the heart of accounting busy season so my mind is pretty fried. 

Question, is there a reason Vita and NS blind boxes haven't shipped from their recent sale? I thought everything was in stock and ready to ship? But I'm also in the heart of accounting busy season so my mind is pretty fried.
I believe they were supposed to (only the Switch Blind Boxes were listed as "in production."). My guess is the neverending, huge shipping backlog that they have. I actually just got 4 shipping emails in the last week, all for orders from months ago.

Edit: Just saw you mentioned NS - I originally thought you meant Vita and PS4. I believe the Switch blind boxes are holding up your order.

They sold them before they had them actually packed up as blind boxes. It's possible they didn't even have the supplies yet to box them up but it's also possible they are short staffed or just lazy.

That Metal Storm CE was a thing of beauty, though I believe they were only the distributor on that and didn't actually design it.
That is correct. In fact, they were only one of several distributors, with each different distributor getting different color options for the actual cartridge. If anyone missed out on LRG's sale of Metal Storm and is still interested, I believe a few of the other distributors are still selling the CE. I'm reasonably happy with the LRG release as I specifically wanted the silver cartridge. (one of the color options LRG had available)

So is Metal Storm an actual playable NES cartridge? Not a display replica?
It is a physical, playable NES cartridge. It's also a recently localized version of the revised/updated Japanese version of the original game, so it actually includes content that wasn't present in the original western NES release. This is part of the reason why I was so keen on this CE, while I've passed on so many others.

I'm also hoping that Analogue announces the rumored 8-bit console of theirs soon. There is a lot of speculation that their next major project after the Analogue Pocket is going to be an FPGA-based NES that will support almost all of the various 8-bit consoles via cartridge adapters. The FPGA-based Analogue NT-mini has been out of production for a while, and a version with a similar approach to the SuperNT and Mega SG would be an easy way for them to reach a wider audience. I could never justify dropping $450 on the NT-mini, so I don't presently have a good way to play my fancy new Metal Storm cartridge on my flat-screen TV.

It is a physical, playable NES cartridge. It's also a recently localized version of the revised/updated Japanese version of the original game, so it actually includes content that wasn't present in the original western NES release. This is part of the reason why I was so keen on this CE, while I've passed on so many others.

I'm also hoping that Analogue announces the rumored 8-bit console of theirs soon. There is a lot of speculation that their next major project after the Analogue Pocket is going to be an FPGA-based NES that will support almost all of the various 8-bit consoles via cartridge adapters. The FPGA-based Analogue NT-mini has been out of production for a while, and a version with a similar approach to the SuperNT and Mega SG would be an easy way for them to reach a wider audience. I could never justify dropping $450 on the NT-mini, so I don't presently have a good way to play my fancy new Metal Storm cartridge on my flat-screen TV.
I really expect a cheaper 8 bit option to be their next one, been debating selling my NT Mini off tbh since price is still kinda high

Too bad Metal Storm isn't a better game.
Bite your tongue. Metal Storm is a fantastic game, one of the few masochistic titles that I have played all the way through on the NES.

And, tomorrow is going to be pretty damaging for my wallet. I've held back on quite a few releases recently, even to the point of avoiding the Kemco RPGs. But WayForward is a personal weakness. I buy almost all of their games. Even the licensed ones. Vitamin Connection and the Might Switch Force Collection are easy sells. Mystik Belle also seems to be a solid Metroidvania, so I'll likely get that as well, despite it being only published through WayForward, and developed by a different team.

Ordered Jan 1 still no shipping. How long does this usually take it was my first time lmao

Depends on what you purchased. Blind boxes aren't ready yet so if you purchased on of those and another game that was ready to ship, they wont ship until everything is ready.
I'm in the same boat. I made 3 separate orders and only 2 had blind boxes and 1 with leftover games and none of them have shipped or are even ready to ship with a number of items just showing red and nothing else.

Resell groups have been telling people to buy the stock up to flip tbh
gross

My Metal Storm is still sitting in the box in my room. I don't know why I haven't busted it open (probably this weekend) since it's probably my most anticipated game I've ordered from LRG...even though they were just a distributor

Bite your tongue. Metal Storm is a fantastic game, one of the few masochistic titles that I have played all the way through on the NES.

And, tomorrow is going to be pretty damaging for my wallet. I've held back on quite a few releases recently, even to the point of avoiding the Kemco RPGs. But WayForward is a personal weakness. I buy almost all of their games. Even the licensed ones. Vitamin Connection and the Might Switch Force Collection are easy sells. Mystik Belle also seems to be a solid Metroidvania, so I'll likely get that as well, despite it being only published through WayForward, and developed by a different team.
I hear you. I'm torn on whether I should splurge for the Vitamin Connection CE because I'm a sucker for plushes. The other games I'm just going to order regular editions.

As much as I love WayForward's work, today was surprisingly subdued for me. Only went for Mighty Switch Force for PS4, although I did get the CE because of the soundtrack being amazing, and not being into vinyl enough to get that separately. I really hope the CD isn't just a selection from the OST or something though, couldn't find any info on it. Might double-dip with standard on the Switch, for portability and it feeling "at home" on a Nintendo platform, but lack of a proper d-pad undocked for a 2D game like this is making me hesitant.

I watched some videos of Mystik Belle, and wasn't much impressed by it. Metroidvania's are one of my favorite genres, but although the art and sprite work are nice, it just looked really slow and clunky, with terrible combat, and not really bringing anything new or interesting to the table (like Axiom Verge did) beyond a bunch of item puzzle busywork and the ensuing inventory management and excessive arbitrary backtracking.

Vitamin Connection looks cute, but I'm unsold on it. With the game not even out yet, I don't have a good idea of how the game actually plays, or much of anything else about it. Certainly don't need the CE, but I've got a couple weeks to think about getting the standard or not. I'm sure it's at least decent, being WayForward, but funds are tight and this is an unknown property. Got a few weeks to think about it at least.

I have the first 'Mighty Switch Force' on 3DS and barely played it. I love Wayforward too, but even with the 3D effect it just didn't grab me.

I have the first 'Mighty Switch Force' on 3DS and barely played it. I love Wayforward too, but even with the 3D effect it just didn't grab me.
Same I think I almost beat it but just got bored. It was very playable though. I'll likely just wait for digital sales on all of these, but it's good to know they're available especially Mighty Switch Force which is popular.

I received my order from Black Friday yesterday, which included 'Ms. Spolsion Man' for Switch, and the cover art metal print was included. Pretty cool.

So sad that Cheapy keeps this BS thread going.
2600 pages and not a single fucking thing on sale.
Site has gone so far downhill
It feels like a Hillary Clinton campaign now

Why not go to the Collector's Edition thread and complain about any post that isn't relating to something being on sale?

To be fair, when this thread started the founders of LRG were very active. It’s a pretty informative place even if you don’t buy the titles.

Even though it's not like it used to be, these games are still usually $5 to $15 more expensive on eBay. So knowing what's coming out and being able to buy it at MSRP is a pre-emptive deal! Lol

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

So sad that Cheapy keeps this BS thread going.
2600 pages and not a single fucking thing on sale.
Site has gone so far downhill
It feels like a Hillary Clinton campaign now
I mean, we were literally just talking about Windjammers and Lumines being on sale at Best Buy for $10 off retail, a few posts above yours.

Hopefully more of the BB titles go on sale to move stagnant stock of some of the older titles.

To be fair, when this thread started the founders of LRG were very active. It’s a pretty informative place even if you don’t buy the titles.
I really started following this thread a little late and hadn't realized LRG employees used to chime in. Looked back and Josh hasn't even been on the site in over 2 years :shock:

He was very accessible at one time as well as Doug. It was cool but I think we abused it a bit and burned him out. The shipping cart fiascolypse was draining.

He was very accessible at one time as well as Doug. It was cool but I think we abused it a bit and burned him out. The shipping cart fiascolypse was draining.
Yeah, Josh really did seem to care almost to much at the start, as he spent way to much time giving way long replies to guys who didn't deserve it(same complaints over and over). And of course, then it became expected, and off the rails it all went, and I never once felt slighted that they left, as I was surprised they hung around as long as they did.

bread's done
Back