Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Streets of Red Standard and Collector's Editions are now live on LRG website for PS4 & Nintendo Switch

9SFUwDP.jpg

https://limitedrungames.com/search?type=product,page&q=Streets%20Of%20Red*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxlHmpVEmQc

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a much less known title, and it's getting released in the middle of the week, instead of the well-known Friday usual launch day. Not that surprising that it might not immediately sell out.

Looks like they've sold about 800 copies of the switch regular version so far.  Didn't even realize this was happening today till I came back to see what folks were chatting about.  The video makes this look pretty decent, but for this level of cash... I'll wait for something I'm legit excited for.  A cheap digital copy though... might bite on that.

Yep, waiting for something good. My only open orders are Blazing Chrome and Jak X CE's. Can't see anything good coming in the foreseeable future from these limited companies. 

Too much crap and no real big releases in a long time. There are a lot of bigger games that are digital only.  Streets of Red is $9 regular price(on PSN) and they're asking $40 with shipping.

Give me Doom 1, 2 and 3 on a Disc or card. Romancing Saga 2, 3 etc. Yes I know Romancing bundle is getting an Asian English release. 

Pass for me. Looks boring and repetitive even by genre standards, and the characters repeating the same voice quips over and over is just obnoxious.

Plus, maybe I'm just old or jaded or nitpicking or whatever, but all the references and callbacks are similarly annoying, even though the whole point probably IS the references, and people like me ought to be the target audience. A timely wink and a nudge can be clever or add charm, but when the entire game is just beating you over the head with "Hey, here's that one thing from that awesome game/movie from when you were young, isn't this amazing?!", it doesn't strike me as being funny or interesting. It just feels like creative bankruptcy, and that the game doesn't have an identity outside of taking complete "inspiration" from what's already been done before, and better. Instead of playing a game that reminds me of a bunch of great parts from Turtles in Time or whatever, I'd rather just go play the genuine article again. I got the same feeling from Blossom Tales just recently too, there's a difference between paying homage and just straight-up copying things wholesale.

Not to bring up a game that we all already wish was physical but isn't, but I feel like Scott Pilgrim nailed that balance with much more grace and class, being a love letter to various games and gaming culture while not being overbearing about it and still being its own thing and having a lot of creativity.

Too much crap and no real big releases in a long time. There are a lot of bigger games that are digital only. Streets of Red is $9 regular price(on PSN) and they're asking $40 with shipping.
The thing that really turned me off from this was the price. Like you said, $35 plus shipping and tax for a sub-$10 game. This really should have been $29.99 (Switch) and $24.99 (PS4). Not sure if the price was PM Studios' fault or LRG pushing them on getting the most they possibly could from it. Either way, its highway robbery.

The gameplay also looks slow as molasses. I might be interested if I can get it digitally for under $5 on sale, but otherwise an easy pass.

Thanks LRG and PM Studios for pushing me to get a digital copy of this game!!

why is this thread perpetually bumping me to several previous posts behind my currently unread posts? I don't get that.
It's because of all the Twitter posts. Your browser is jumping to where the newest post should be but Twitter loads after and bumps it down.

Dumb question I know, but why does LRG not do releases for Xbox? Is it just something as stupid as not having an agreement/partnership with MS? It's what has prevented me from ever ordering from them and unless something changes, will probably lead me to continue never buying from them.

EDIT: Might become a hypocrite now that I see what's posted a couple posts above. Deadly Prem is in my top 5 of all time, and I've wanted to play JJ but it has never gotten a steep enough price drop. Might just bite the bullet and buy it for the PS4. Also, if Jak X Combat racing ever comes back in stock, that's a different situation too.
The LRG folks have recently stated that they are working at being able to sell Xbox games, but the minimum order threshold for physical games was the big limiting factor. They have said the minimum order is high and the increments for ordering do now work for their model of selling.

Also for those that care, I received my shipping notification for blazing chrome standard edition.

So it's possible down the line? I bet it wouldn't be till the new consoles at the earliest sadly. If I'm understanding correctly, I wonder why they thought the Xbox versions of games wouldn't sell well? They should understand that not everyone who collects wants to collect for playstation.
Anything is possible, but the biggest hurdle is the minimum order quantity. I have seen a min order quantity of 20k units for XB1 shared in one of the discord groups I am in. I am not sure if that number is accurate, but that would make total sense why LRG has never released XB1 games if true. Most of LRG open pre orders sell around 5000-8000 copies, including LE copies in that amount. They only have a few games on Switch that have broken 20k units.

If that number is accurate, I don't see LRG ever releasing an XB1 game unless Microsoft changes their policy, or LRG gets access to to a major/ exclusive XB1 title. We can only hope.

So it's possible down the line? I bet it wouldn't be till the new consoles at the earliest sadly. If I'm understanding correctly, I wonder why they thought the Xbox versions of games wouldn't sell well? They should understand that not everyone who collects wants to collect for playstation.
They are trying, but the barrier is Microsoft and their lack of interest in niche publishers. It's not that LRG thought they wouldn't sell, it's that the Xbox order minimums were much higher than literally any LRG title on any platform ever sold. Last I heard it was like 20,000 - 25,000 copies minimum which is substantially more than even LRG's best selling Switch games in most cases.

Why would M$ care when they just want you to buy GamePass and play it on there instead?
Precisely. MS is the driving force behind eliminating physical releases and shifting consumers to digital. Phil Spencer has practically said that their business model is to eventually stop having to sell Xbox consoles.

If the 20,000 and 25,000 minimum amount is true then that makes sense since that's such a large amount that the game wouldn't be limited run anymore. LRGs model is to create a sense of scarcity but with that amount that's not happening.

Also, Finally after 6 months something I want to buy from LRG, just hoping they don't suddenly decide to finally announce Night in the Woods right after since my budget only allows for one game at the moment. Shame the CE doesn't have a soundtrack since I'm guessing they'll sell it for around $50-$60 but without a soundtrack I don't see myself justifying buying it. I don't buy CEs for stickers and plushies.

Yeah, "N" had a similar type of situation in regards to 3DS cart productions, and why we sill haven't seen one of those titles yet. They announced that one awhile ago, and I guess it's still happening, but just like MS stuff, the boat has kind of sailed at this point for both systems. I'm sure there are a few ONE & 3DS titles that could still demand a rather high production run, but those are probably also titles where the developer has moved on, or has no interest in releasing late physical titles on "done" systems.

Yeah, "N" had a similar type of situation in regards to 3DS cart productions, and why we sill haven't seen one of those titles yet. They announced that one awhile ago, and I guess it's still happening, but just like MS stuff, the boat has kind of sailed at this point for both systems. I'm sure there are a few ONE & 3DS titles that could still demand a rather high production run, but those are probably also titles where the developer has moved on, or has no interest in releasing late physical titles on "done" systems.
I'm amazed we haven't seen a physical printing of Cuphead. That's a game that surely could meet the 20k threshold.

Just look at ebay prices for the empty cases w/ art cels that Best Buy had a couple years ago: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xcuphead+xbox.TRS0&_nkw=cuphead+xbox&_sacat=0

I'm amazed we haven't seen a physical printing of Cuphead. That's a game that surely could meet the 20k threshold.

Just look at ebay prices for the empty cases w/ art cels that Best Buy had a couple years ago: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xcuphead+xbox.TRS0&_nkw=cuphead+xbox&_sacat=0
I'm pretty sure at this point the developers of that game will be doing their own release(when the time comes), and probably just for the NS at this point, but who knows? They also have DLC coming down the road, so I'm sure their probably waiting for all that before offering a physical release.

I would assume most would buy on the NS over the ONE, as it performs just as well, and at least with the NS game, you technically get two versions(home and on the go). Since CH is pretty much a MS title, I'm sure they could print in qty's they want vs. some minimum requirement, and I'm sure the OG fan base would still want this game in a standard release or CE if possible, so why not?

There has been a confirmed physical release for Cuphead on the Switch, and as mentioned, I'm sure they're waiting for their DLC... and that's something I greatly appreciate. I hate when discs don't come with the full game. Really chops away at the preservation aspect of physical media.

There has been a confirmed physical release for Cuphead on the Switch, and as mentioned, I'm sure they're waiting for their DLC... and that's something I greatly appreciate. I hate when discs don't come with the full game. Really chops away at the preservation aspect of physical media.
Totally agree. I'd much rather wait a little longer and get the full game on cart.

On the other hand, Ori is already content complete and would make a mighty attractive Switch cart. I would do regrettable things to make that happen.

Hey, I just checked & the mighty rabbit Limited Run forums were down for me. Not the one here obviously but the one that used to be connected to their website. Are they working for anyone else?

Hey, I just checked & the mighty rabbit Limited Run forums were down for me. Not the one here obviously but the one that used to be connected to their website. Are they working for anyone else?
They appear to be down. it could be they have opted out of hosting forums all together but no word on their twitter. I'm not on twitter so no way to message them, but if you are you could ask them what up with the forums. Note, there's no link on the site anymore it seems.

They appear to be down. it could be they have opted out of hosting forums all together but no word on their twitter. I'm not on twitter so no way to message them, but if you are you could ask them what up with the forums. Note, there's no link on the site anymore it seems.
The link direct from the site has been gone for a while, but there is still a link to the forum in the "About" section of the site.

The link direct from the site has been gone for a while, but there is still a link to the forum in the "About" section of the site.
Good to know. Odd they removed it everywhere but this one page. Also the forum is hosted by mighty rabbit studios, but they don't seem to have any links on their site to the forums unless it's equally hidden.

Ordered Streets of Red for switch like anyone else that wanted a copy of it right.. and I like horror movies and games so not too bad of a purchase.
Really is odd to me seeing games without pre-order windows and such small numbers available last this long though.

Ordered Streets of Red for switch like anyone else that wanted a copy of it right.. and I like horror movies and games so not too bad of a purchase.
Really is odd to me seeing games without pre-order windows and such small numbers available last this long though.

I dont think it's odd at all.

It's a game no one was asking for. It's like 8.99 on psn without being on sale and it will be 40 on lrg. All it comes with is just a single trading card. And especially if you're like me and turned off by perma death you're not interested in it.

If I ever do want it I can get it cheaper off ebay or even gamefly later on down the road.

Gamefly gets these limited run games? I'm not doing enough research these days lol
But yea all these games can be had cheap as dirt digitally on sale eventually.

It's making it difficult to get everything I would like to have in physical form.
I'm starting already to only purchase what I want.. what I really really want & not buy things like Vitamin Connection lol

But yea all these games can be had cheap as dirt digitally on sale eventually.
Not just "eventually." It's quite common for a lot of these games to be on steep discounts digitally before they are even announced as LRG releases. One of the more common approaches is for a studio to treat LRG as a "final" version distributor, where they don't bother releasing a physical copy until after the game has already had several digital revisions. We see games come out for LRG that have already been available digitally for years, and have already had numerous sales and discounts.

The instances where a brand-new digital game comes out for LRG at the same time are actually the exception, and only recently became a thing. Most developers don't take this approach.

Interesting move Xseed is doing with Fate Link. We might not see the Link LE hit the crazy low prices the Fate Extella LE got at some retailors.

bread's done
Back