Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Nah, could be $1 and it wouldn't matter to me. Digital games are nothing to me.
$1 is perfect to try a game I am curious about but don't want to throw $40+shipping down on a random physical. To me games come in many valuations. Some are one time plays and if I'm spending only a few bucks for it digital, then it saves me the trouble later of trying to sell it. Perfect games are like $1 or less for this, though I'm not above spending $10 on a digital game if I really want it and digital is the only option. Some games I want in my collection for decades to come, so having physical is worth it. Some games I know will hold their value so I will buy physical to experience the game, but will sell it later if I find I never replay it. The older I get though the less I like spending time selling games so many of these cheap digital indie games are better digital but a few end up so enjoyable I'll double dip and get the physical if I really believe I'll replay it (and I don't replay that much).

You do you, but just saying, $1 digital games have their place and I'd rather throw $1 at something and hate it than throw $40 and it and then hope I can sell an open copy later to recoup much of my cost.

So I knew shipping would be slow.. but I thought they had items in-hand for the 01/01/20 blowout sale. It's been a month and the Vita blind boxes still show "in production." Didn't they already have the games in their possession when the sale started?
"In assembly" is more accurate - essentially they have fancy boxes to hold the games and make unboxing more of an experience.

They have everything on hand, but last I heard their estimate for shipping assembled blind boxes was February.

"In assembly" is more accurate - essentially they have fancy boxes to hold the games and make unboxing more of an experience.

They have everything on hand, but last I heard their estimate for shipping assembled blind boxes was February.
Got it thanks... it's not a big deal to wait another few months, I was just curious since they already had them in hand.

Its a race between Limited Run Games and Strictly Limited Games on who can take the longest to ship out already paid-for games. I have been buying SL games more lately. They said they would ship out acrylic art cards or something for a couple games that just shipped for being so late in shipping them, but I never got those things at all. I have had the games for awhile now, though. It was Ultracore and some other game that I can not remember right now.

Edit - I just got an email today that the cards are being sent soon. Also they bought a huge warehouse to work out of to package and ship orders. Hopefully this will expedite orders going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a race between Limited Run Games and Strictly Limited Games on who can take the longest to ship out already paid-for games. I have been buying SL games more lately. They said they would ship out acrylic art cards or something for a couple games that just shipped for being so late in shipping them, but I never got those things at all. I have had the games for awhile now, though. It was Ultracore and some other game that I can not remember right now.

Edit - I just got an email today that the cards are being sent soon. Also they bought a huge warehouse to work out of to package and ship orders. Hopefully this will expedite orders going forward.
I'm keeping an eye on SLG's Darius release, but at this point I'm waiting until there's some kind of forward progress on the one order I have with them. They've been saying "just a bit longer, I swear!" ever since I first bought it in July. ~7 months for a game that apparently hasn't had any big production delays or additional development is a little crazy, lol. I got my Battle Princess Madelyn/Blazing Chrome from LRG this week, and I think orders for those closed in Oct/Nov. You know SLG isn't in a great place when LRG of all people are shipping stuff out in less than half the time. Hopefully their new system helps speed things up.

Throw me in the opener camp. That said, I too don’t open them immediately just because of time constraints.

On the topic of shipping, I feel like I’m on some secret LRG shipping black list because I see all sorts of retweets from them about ppl getting their games weeks before me. Heck, one guy a few posts up got his PS4 CE Blind Box already and mine just shows red...no text on my status page. Another blowout sale purchase I had to open a ticket to which they just said, “this should have shipped out weeks ago, do you still want it?”...🤨 I guess at least they gave me the option to cancel at that point

A race would imply one of them wants to win.

A race would imply one of them wants to win.
Well, with them keeping our money for months on end with no product sent, they are winning. They can use the money for more product, earn interest, etc. before filling obligations to the buyer. They even have all the shipping money to use for whatever for months. Yes, they eventually have to spend money on shipping the products, but they can earn interest on it and their part of the profit on the items. But we all agree with our buying that the product can and will take months to deliver.

Well, with them keeping our money for months on end with no product sent, they are winning. They can use the money for more product, earn interest, etc. before filling obligations to the buyer. They even have all the shipping money to use for whatever for months. Yes, they eventually have to spend money on shipping the products, but they can earn interest on it and their part of the profit on the items. But we all agree with our buying that the product can and will take months to deliver.
With payroll, rent, and other ongoing expenses that isn't necessarily a good position to be in. Makes it very hard to maintain a healthy cashflow. Given the liquidity they need to buy and ship product, the volatility in short-term investing, and the cost of someone who knows what they're doing in the market I doubt they're turning a buck there.

With payroll, rent, and other ongoing expenses that isn't necessarily a good position to be in. Makes it very hard to maintain a healthy cashflow. Given the liquidity they need to buy and ship product, the volatility in short-term investing, and the cost of someone who knows what they're doing in the market I doubt they're turning a buck there.
Not to get all into finances here, but just sitting in a high interest yield savings account will generate some extra cash. Especially at the levels they are holding after a sale. They don't need to invest in anything risky to earn interest, just carry a sizeable balance long enough.

Not saying they are making bank here on interest, but a million bucks in the bank at a weak earning interest of 0.5% will earn over $5K in a year. So, imagine if they have 2 Million and it's more like 2%. Trying to or not, unless they are burning through money faster than they can make it, they should be earning some money in interest without any investment risk.

Wait......you open these?
I'm not a collector that likes sealed games. I'm a gamer that opens and plays games that I love. I don't need more shelf decorations. So everything either gets opened or I lose interest in it for whatever reason and eventually I just ebay it all off and try not to lose much in the process. Since I'm buying strictly games that I really want to own physical, not much hits the sale pile. Plus with switch games you need to redeem them within the first year the game came out for the extra gold points to use to buy digital games.

Not to get all into finances here, but just sitting in a high interest yield savings account will generate some extra cash. Especially at the levels they are holding after a sale. They don't need to invest in anything risky to earn interest, just carry a sizeable balance long enough.

Not saying they are making bank here on interest, but a million bucks in the bank at a weak earning interest of 0.5% will earn over $5K in a year. So, imagine if they have 2 Million and it's more like 2%. Trying to or not, unless they are burning through money faster than they can make it, they should be earning some money in interest without any investment risk.
How much cash they have on hand depends on multiple factors though, even if they haven't shipped the game yet:

1. When do they pay the developer? Is it an advance when they sign the contract? Is it when the game has been listed and orders placed? Or is it only once the game has shipped to the customers?
  2. When do they pay Sony for manufacturing the games? Is it when they place the order or upon receipt?
  3. Same as #2 with all the other items they have manufactured for CEs, etc
I agree that their current model is beyond frustrating for consumers, but it doesn't mean they're just sitting on piles of money.

I'm not a collector that likes sealed games. I'm a gamer that opens and plays games that I love. I don't need more shelf decorations. So everything either gets opened or I lose interest in it for whatever reason and eventually I just ebay it all off and try not to lose much in the process. Since I'm buying strictly games that I really want to own physical, not much hits the sale pile. Plus with switch games you need to redeem them within the first year the game came out for the extra gold points to use to buy digital games.
Yeah, you get it. Video games are, by and large, not a super great investment. It tends to take many, many years for them to appreciate to any worthwhile point, and even then it's a crap shoot for if they will. If one really wants to say that their gaming habit is an investment, then they should be looking, and spending, elsewhere.

Even ignoring whether it's a worthwhile investment, though, I've never had any interest in selling. I love this hobby, and I buy games that I like or am truly interested in or appreciate. So since I'm not going to sell, what the hell's the point of having a sealed item in my house? I can't use it. I can't see anything inside of it. It makes a hobby already filled with unnecessary commodities go from questionable to ludicrous.

I tend to open up LRG games too when they come up. Only one I wont open up is my Breach and Clear, because that's just not smart. Likely will be parting with it soon enough since I don't really want to play them. I wont buy the visual novel ones I got again though. They are expensive and all. If you do intend to sell don't open them obviously, but I agree with other sentiments here that games are meant for playing. If you got a game you will never play to display on your shelf good for you, but I like to try to use what I have for sure. We sure do accumulate a lot of junk and  I know I have a bunch...

Only one I wont open up is my Breach and Clear, because that's just not smart.
I only bought B&C to support the company getting started. I already had dealings with the dev over on TouchArcade and though they were kind of decent when things took a turn in how the game was sold and early adopters burnt, they were pretty ugly. So... yeah, not opening it, it's been on my sell pile for ages now... just need to make the time to actually sell stuff.

Even ignoring whether it's a worthwhile investment, though, I've never had any interest in selling.
I was raised poor so I see everything I buy as some kind of value. Even the types of games had value so I'd buy RPG's but never the yearly sports games. When I was younger the thought of getting rid of any games was unfathomable. In my 30's with kids and finances got tight, decisions were made to part with the stuff I played the least and anything that was worth so much it was stupid to hold on to it. In my 40's I'm sick of having so much stuff (despite having sold a ton of games). I love gaming, but I don't need it to eat up a ton of space... but I don't want to just go digital. I love physical games. That's been a huge part of my life.

Selling in the past was more out of necessity in a situation... now it's more out of de-cluttering. When I die, I want my collection small enough that when my kids can actually look at my games they see what I loved the most not that I just generically loved gaming.

Side note, I've been through a couple family members deaths in my life if it wasn't clear. So I've seen a lot of how it goes with what is left behind.

I tend to open up LRG games too when they come up. Only one I wont open up is my Breach and Clear, because that's just not smart. Likely will be parting with it soon enough since I don't really want to play them. I wont buy the visual novel ones I got again though. They are expensive and all. If you do intend to sell don't open them obviously, but I agree with other sentiments here that games are meant for playing. If you got a game you will never play to display on your shelf good for you, but I like to try to use what I have for sure. We sure do accumulate a lot of junk and I know I have a bunch...

I open all my games also. I buy them to play them.

I got breach and clear on the vita. I intended to open it but at the time it went in my backlog, then I got the next lrg vita release and same thing happened again and again. Next thing you know I am locked into buying their games till finally I stopped because at that point I wasn't buying them to play. Now I have the first 30 lrg vita games still sealed and their post cards. I have too many vita games still sealed. I just never got back to playing it really.

I barely buy anything from them now though, they are too expensive for what you get and they dont release anything I want to play. I like srg and slg much better because they have more reasonable prices and you get more generally speaking.

Seems like the same ones they have been putting on sale recently. A little surprised they haven't started discounting Yooka-Laylee yet as it was one of their first LRG titles and if I recall, their order quantity was high (Like 20K copies).

In other news LRG's Douglas Bogart tweeted that BB is down to their final 1000 copies in store of Duck Game and Momodora. Duck Game is in store only right now but you can still order Momodora for shipping. Also, Timespinners is in store only right now at BB.

For the love of god everybody buy windjammers and play online with me. It's a great game. I bought it the first day I could. The 2nd one us coming later this year and i can't wait.

I got the Star Wars NES CE today.  I was a little disappointed to see black spots in the foil areas, mainly because there were a couple in the actual title.  Normally minor, but given the price it would have been nice to not have black dots blemishing the title.  I did enter a support ticket, but probably didn't need to bother - I checked out some pics on Ebay and I may be one of the lucky ones, since I've seen others in worse shape.  I haven't seen any pics of the NES version that didn't have an issue.

First time I didn't get a trading card since those started (and these do come with them, normally).   

Not mine, but this one has a pretty bad spine logo....

s-l1600.jpg

I believe I just got my Star Wars CE in today. You have me worried on top of the disappointment about how they made the games “removable without damaging the packaging.” The perforated cardboard was a poor choice IMO.

Never bought from LRG before. Do I take the bite on The Missing for PS4? Love swery, but $40 is rough and it isnt my system of choice.

Who are the right people to contact if I have a support ticket open? I have had a ticket open for 24 days and have gotten no response yet. It says it is being processed but 24 days is a long time to process a ticket.

Who are the right people to contact if I have a support ticket open? I have had a ticket open for 24 days and have gotten no response yet. It says it is being processed but 24 days is a long time to process a ticket.
The LRG support team has a separate Twitter handle. I'd look that up and try there, have your ticket # and all that. 24 days is crazy.

Has anyone gotten their blind box order from LRG? I was poking around my emails to check what I have preordered/ordered and noticed I had ordered a 2019 Vita blind box on New Years and still haven't seen any shipping notice >_>

Don't buy a game for a system you don't prefer unless you are happy with the price and are desperate to have a copy on the shelf.
You're right. I would like to have JJ physical, but $40 for a game I've never played on a system I might never play it on just doesnt make sense. I'll pass. Thank you.

Anybody here read or heard if JJ Macfield will come out at BestBuy? I wanted to get a copy but my budgets' stretched thin. I like Swery but 40 bucks for a 5-7 hour game is a stretch for me.

Look at how dead this thread is today.  I think 1-2 years ago, "Forgotten Anne" would have been a major release and that CE would have been an instant sell-out.  I am even considering the CE (it has an artbook and soundtrack, but, unfortunately, it has other crap that must be used to justify the price, but doesn't), forgot about it, saw it was 10:39AM and briefly thought "Crap!  Now I'm going to have to try again at 6PM!"

Then I remembered it was 2020.  

bread's done
Back