Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Is Indigo Prophecy going to be the M rated version or the uncensored version?

And +1 for Blade Runner

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be honest, I thought the Dark Forces CE would sell out really quick, yet it's still available to buy.

Kinda feel silly rushing to order it at 10 am now...

Is Indigo Prophecy going to be the M rated version or the uncensored version?

And +1 for Blade Runner
this is probably the American psn version that is a usa ps2 port. So it'll be the USA censored version. Not the European uncensored Fahrenheit version.

I'm kind of surprised there's this much demand for ps2 ports, i had no interest in the others, i think its rediculous to try to pass ps2 ports on ps4 discs

I loved the original streets of rage but man I hate that art style they went with for 4... I know I'd regret passing on it but its really unappealing to me like that.

I mean, LRG has been selling PSN fodder on discs for awhile so
Yeah but their whole gist is/was supposed to be physical versions for games that wouldn't get physical versions. Now they're doing reproductions and straight ports of games that had millions of physical copies sold. And if they want to sell out, that's their choice. I just find it odd that people seem more hyped to purchase those over the very things that LRG still do on occasion, selling physical copies for otherwise digital only games.

I'm kind of surprised there's this much demand for ps2 ports, i had no interest in the others, i think its rediculous to try to pass ps2 ports on ps4 discs
Well, was happy they brought out ADK. Would have liked them to at least translate that game.

I realize that. All I'm saying is damn the man, and fight the power. That's all.
If I ever in life see LRG as a "power" in anything, I think that would say way more about me, than it ever could about them. If they want to sell cheap shit to the masses, more "power" to them in their efforts!

For anyone else that was confused like I was initially about Shadowgate on PS4.

LRG released the original NES version of Shadowgate on PS4 in the 8-bit Anthology collection. This version of Shadowgate is rebuilt from the ground up with new 2D graphics and design.

For anyone else that was confused like I was initially about Shadowgate on PS4.

LRG released the original NES version of Shadowgate on PS4 in the 8-bit Anthology collection. This version of Shadowgate is rebuilt from the ground up with new 2D graphics and design.
Anyone played this? Is it different enough to be a "new" experience for someone that has played the original multiple times?

this is probably the American psn version that is a usa ps2 port. So it'll be the USA censored version. Not the European uncensored Fahrenheit version.
Then an easy pass as I have the uncensored version on Steam. Interestingly, the ESRB lists three versions of Indigo Prophecy.

1) M - rated censored version as "Indigo Prophecy"

2) AO - rated uncensored version as "Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Director's Cut"

3) M - rated as "Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered" but I think it's uncensored because of the Steam page. (This is version I have.)

WTH ESRB. You lowered the rating on a re-rate just a few years later?

Yeah but their whole gist is/was supposed to be physical versions for games that wouldn't get physical versions. Now they're doing reproductions and straight ports of games that had millions of physical copies sold. And if they want to sell out, that's their choice. I just find it odd that people seem more hyped to purchase those over the very things that LRG still do on occasion, selling physical copies for otherwise digital only games.
Emphasis added. See below:

Indigo Prophecy on PS4? Sold!
I'm definitely in for blade runner first in a little while.
I'm not gonna lie. This is probably the best news I've heard from LRG in a long time. I loved this game back in the day and just recently played through it on the PC. I'm very interested to see what the enhancements are going to be.
Indigo prophecy and blade runner? 4 or 5 months of me not buying a single thing from them to suddenly 2 games I want.
Finally some decent games
These really aren't my thing either, but clearly people love them (along with the Jak games, Star Wars, Myst and whatever else). While I still love me a good, well done compilation of old games, I just don't see the value in these one-off re-releases. But as long as people keep buying them I'm sure LRG will keep making them.

LRG needs to fix this before printing the disc
I'm guessing they are not going to fix it, and may not even acknowledge there is a problem, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

The Switch version of Shadowgate is a definite for me as the game holds a lot of nostalgia in my heart from back in the NES days.

Also, no mention yet of BB carrying Streets of Rage 4 in the description. If they don't it could be signs that BB is limiting their LRG releases to really big titles (though arguably you can say this is a really big title). I really thought BB would carry it.

Also, no mention yet of BB carrying Streets of Rage 4 in the description. If they don't it could be signs that BB is limiting their LRG releases to really big titles (though arguably you can say this is a really big title). I really thought BB would carry it.
Seems like SoR4 would be a no brainer for BB. Maybe they are milking it as long as they can before announcing it because they no doubt make a lot more selling it directly to consumers.

Seems like SoR4 would be a no brainer for BB. Maybe they are milking it as long as they can before announcing it because they no doubt make a lot more selling it directly to consumers.
well that did happen with Mighty Switch Force! Collection, Vitamin Connection and Stranger Things 3: The Game half way into the open preorder they add to the listing for those games that they would be sold at best buy

well that did happen with Mighty Switch Force! Collection, Vitamin Connection and Stranger Things 3: The Game half way into the open preorder they add to the listing for those games that they would be sold at best buy
Indeed. I got burned there so I'm waiting to the end for my SoR4 order.

no shipping to Canada? that better be a joke
I think they are working on adding international shipping. Having said that, their business model seems poor. They are taking pre-orders until they hit a minimum number and then projecting another 3-4 months until they ship after that. Then, they will make copies available and additional reprints to people that didn't want to preorder. What incentive is there for early preorders other than some vague sense that the game won't be produced if enough people don't step up? It's like the worst of crowdfunding and the current limited model all in one.

I'm on the fence too because you have to add shipping as well, and it has no concrete release date (just 2020), and production time, and slow LRG fulfillment. If I don't want to play Streets of Rage 4 until the end of 2021 I'm good. Course it could be like Toejam and Earl which came just a bit after being digital, but I wouldn't expect that.

I think they are working on adding international shipping. Having said that, their business model seems poor. They are taking pre-orders until they hit a minimum number and then projecting another 3-4 months until they ship after that. Then, they will make copies available and additional reprints to people that didn't want to preorder. What incentive is there for early preorders other than some vague sense that the game won't be produced if enough people don't step up? It's like the worst of crowdfunding and the current limited model all in one.
I'm a bit confused by the whole thing. Are the CE's not limited just like the standard editions? That's the impression I got from their tweet. What if there is very little interest in a game - at what point do they give up and refund people that ordered previously? Too many questions for me to sink any of my valuable money into them right now.

My thoughts exactly. To me, it's not worth the gamble at this point.

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing. Are the CE's not limited just like the standard editions? That's the impression I got from their tweet. What if there is very little interest in a game - at what point do they give up and refund people that ordered previously? Too many questions for me to sink any of my valuable money into them right now.
None of their products are supposedly limited in any way. If they don't meet the minimum, it doesn't get printed. Unfortunately, they haven't set any deadlines, so who knows how long they will wait to issue refunds if they never hit the necessary quantity. Personally, I'm fine with no limits and unlimited reprints, but I take issue with them expecting one group of customers to fund the initial run while everyone else can just wait for the thing to get printed with zero risk and no waiting.

Anyone here pull the trigger on Streets of Rage 4? Currently on the fence about it for 35 bucks.
I'll more than likely pick it up but would like to wait until there's a clear release date. After all, you can still preorder it within 1 week after the digital release.

I'd also like to read at least 1-2 reviews which I would hope would come out shortly after or near the digital release date.

Anyone here pull the trigger on Streets of Rage 4? Currently on the fence about it for 35 bucks.
I will be getting it, but I'm waiting on the details of the collector's edition. At the very least I'll get the Classic Edition since it comes with a nice Steelbook. The collector's edition won't be announced until closer to the end of the preorder period, so it will be a while.

None of their products are supposedly limited in any way. If they don't meet the minimum, it doesn't get printed. Unfortunately, they haven't set any deadlines, so who knows how long they will wait to issue refunds if they never hit the necessary quantity. Personally, I'm fine with no limits and unlimited reprints, but I take issue with them expecting one group of customers to fund the initial run while everyone else can just wait for the thing to get printed with zero risk and no waiting.
Yeah, this new idea of "others" need to fund everything has reached the WTF!? point for me, as this is clearly an idea they should be funding 101%. When I was growing up, if you had an idea you thought was good, you sold your home and your last belongings to make your dream a reality. Then if it was a dumb idea, wrong place/wrong time, or just poorly run, you lost all your shit, and in turn made you see this situation as "do or die". Which meant you would be "all-in" and would work 16 hour days if need be, as you would be homeless otherwise.

Now the mentality is lets have others support our poor janky a$$ idea, and if it goes belly up, it's your loss and not ours. This is sadly what this country and most of the world has become, as no one takes responsibility for their own actions anymore. Of course this ultimately falls to those who may or may not support this, but why would I support this idea with my funds, when the creator won't? That tells anyone here all they need to know about this idea and business practice. Love or hate LRG at this point, but they funded their first game, and it was all or nothing for them, and if B&C didn't work out, they were out of business.

If someone really needs to order this(you should probably have your head examined), I would recommend paying with Paypal. As I believe they have a 6 month window to file a "no show" claim, so just wait 5 months, and if nothing has arrived by then, open a claim and get your money back. But just know that supporting shit like this, is why you get shit like this, so you should probably think better of it. Just my 2 cents anyways!

My rules for the new company apply the same as the rules for LRG who take just as long to fill orders.

To recap:

1. Will I get the game before I lose interest in it?

2. Will the game be complete on the cartridge/disc?

3. Am I a massive fan of the specific game or series that must own a physical copy?

So far the answer with this new company is No, No Telling, and No.  Just like LRG, iam8bit, and all the other companies... it would take the right game to get me to part with my money.   I am not a generic collector of all games and even games I enjoy, I don't need them all physical as I don't replay everything.

I realize my own personal short comings today. I realized I buy from lrg because I want something I think will be valued by others later, I want something that's limited and others want also, a need to own something others want but can't, and I want to sell them for a profit one day. Sure I say I want to buy them for other reasons but none of them are really true.

I realized this when I got excited for shadowgate. Then I had to stop and ask myself why. It's like 3 dollars on steam, and I have the classic version already in the ps4 8 bit adventures disc. I'd just be wasting my money on a game I dont really want all that much.

I was till I realized it will be cheaper digitally and wont be long before even that's on sale.

I've come to realize I dont want to pay a premium for a one and done game. If this was 20 bucks at bestbuy I'd buy it in a heartbeat but I'm not letting nostalgia for the series make me forget this is 40 bucks for a modern sequel to a classic series. If this were a collection of the original games or something but that's different, but this is just going to be a mediocre mildly fun sequel to a decades old series made by people who were probably pooping their diapers when these were originally out.

I realize my own personal short comings today. I realized I buy from lrg because I want something I think will be valued by others later, I want something that's limited and others want also, a need to own something others want but can't, and I want to sell them for a profit one day. Sure I say I want to buy them for other reasons but none of them are really true.
Well, as someone who recently sold his LRG Vita collection, it's not all it was cracked up to be! LOL

Yeah, I never bought any of these games for the value, as I've been down this road many times in the past, and without fail, I normally sell each collection for pretty much what I paid once I decide to sell it. Looking back at all my past collections, the Sega CD or Saturn stuff would probably be the only stuff that if I still owned, would be worth way more than what I paid. As those systems have become much more collectible over the years.

Some of the LRG stuff I sold went for more than I had planned, while other stuff went for way less, as timing is a factor as well. It seemed like there was tons of offerings for most games, so in a few years, if less is offered, I could have probably done better. But the reverse can happen as well, you may wait longer and reprints or modding becomes a bigger factor, and even desired games today, may not be as much tomorrow. Like others have stated here many times, video games are almost never a sound investment.

Some of the LRG stuff I sold went for more than I had planned, while other stuff went for way less, as timing is a factor as well. It seemed like there was tons of offerings for most games, so in a few years, if less is offered, I could have probably done better. But the reverse can happen as well, you may wait longer and reprints or modding becomes a bigger factor, and even desired games today, may not be as much tomorrow. Like others have stated here many times, video games are almost never a sound investment.
A thousand times this. Everyone hoping to buy the next Stadium Events to use as a retirement fund is delusional. For every Earthbound, there are a hundred (if not a thousand) games that are now worth less than MSRP. You should only collect if you enjoy it as a hobby. It seems like everyone in the communities I'm part of is trying to make a side hustle out of flipping these days and it's saddening. Games are fun, CEs can be cool, just enjoy them ya goons.

I'm also in the buying more digital unless it's something I really want to own physical or find the physical cheap (though I do love my Switch boxes haha). Beat em ups I'll likely play through once or twice so getting them on sale digitally is usually how I'll go. I still haven't played Double Dragon 4, but I've heard it's pretty bad. Likely not a great LRG purchase from me though the value did go up! I'm not buying from them much anymore.

bread's done
Back