Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Why would you want that shitty art.
Amen. That's easily one of their worst covers ever. It doesn't evoke a single feeling of SoR and is way too dark. The Bare Knuckle IV version looks like fanart.

Retail version will be in stores on the 21st. It's still entirely plausible that people that buy the retail version will get it before the LRG standard version. It should easily beat the special editions out by a month or two since they are all needing items from china.

LRG no longer has a waiting list because "any leftover stock is used for blowout sales and conventions."  I watched the documentary on them recently and they really seemed passionate about gaming and collectors.  Now it seems like they are just releasing as many titles as possible without any care for quality or ensuring people who play the games can get them (ex: no purchase limit on many of the limited titles).

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a business.  Their goal is, surprise, to take your money.  Getting mad at them because you can't just immediately snap one up at random times and actually have to be around for specific events is kind of silly.

They are a business. Their goal is, surprise, to take your money. Getting mad at them because you can't just immediately snap one up at random times and actually have to be around for specific events is kind of silly.
I would argue that. People have jobs. It’s not always easy to get on your phone in the two 5 minute windows stuff is available (10 and 6). I understand if they set a limit and it sold out. But when you have small print runs of popular games with no purchase limit, scalpers buy them all up immediately. Obviously a first world problem, but it’s something they could easily fix. I understand they don’t want to be stuck with inventory but for more popular titles they should sell either way. I wonder how the preorder model has worked. It would be interesting to see if they typically sell more or less with that model vs the set print run.

I would argue that. People have jobs. It’s not always easy to get on your phone in the two 5 minute windows stuff is available (10 and 6). I understand if they set a limit and it sold out. But when you have small print runs of popular games with no purchase limit, scalpers buy them all up immediately. Obviously a first world problem, but it’s something they could easily fix. I understand they don’t want to be stuck with inventory but for more popular titles they should sell either way. I wonder how the preorder model has worked. It would be interesting to see if they typically sell more or less with that model vs the set print run.
They've talked about this multiple times. Preorders work great for Switch, not so much for PS4, even though they have done it for some bigger titles. It's pretty clear other limited publishers have had the same experience as there are plenty of companies doing very small runs of PS4 games and taking weeks or months to sell out. Sure, people have jobs, but very few people have jobs that prevent them from literally taking a minute to hop on their smartphone to place an order during two windows eight hours apart. Ultimately, their business model for better or worse depends on FOMO a lot of the time and while I'm sure most of us would prefer open preorders for everything, it's completely understandable why they won't do that.

Mighty Switch Force! Collection is out today at Best Buy (sku 6419955). Only 2-3 per store. Make sure your store checks the actual date for that sku because it likely won't be put out thanks to them sending it in a box marked 7/14.

What the heck? Senran Kagura Peach Ball says that it is sold out by yet on the item description it says "This is a limited time sale until July 28th." and also that "This item is currently in manufacturing. Artwork is subject to change, and the product will not ship until 2-4 months after the date of the initial sale."

So how can it be sold out if it hasn't even been made?

What the heck? Senran Kagura Peach Ball says that it is sold out by yet on the item description it says "This is a limited time sale until July 28th." and also that "This item is currently in manufacturing. Artwork is subject to change, and the product will not ship until 2-4 months after the date of the initial sale."

So how can it be sold out if it hasn't even been made?
You're getting confused. Peach Ball has been out for a while at retail. LRG just got some stock from XSeed and they agreed to sell it on their store.

Can we still expect Best Buy to carry J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories? Saw that when it came out it was supposed to he carried by BB but havent seen anything since and it's been like 4+ months. It's the only legit LRG release that's ever interested me and I have no interest in supporting them, so I dont usually follow this stuff.

Has it been too long for them to carry it? Or is a just a waiting game?

Can we still expect Best Buy to carry J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories? Saw that when it came out it was supposed to he carried by BB but havent seen anything since and it's been like 4+ months. It's the only legit LRG release that's ever interested me and I have no interest in supporting them, so I dont usually follow this stuff.

Has it been too long for them to carry it? Or is a just a waiting game?
the game is still in manufacturing Estimated Ship Date: Q3 2020

https://limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-61-the-missing?_pos=5&_sid=e98300628&_ss=r

You're getting confused. Peach Ball has been out for a while at retail. LRG just got some stock from XSeed and they agreed to sell it on their store.
hm you're right about the game being at retail, wal mart and best buy seem to have copies to buy. Then why put in the description that this is being manufactured and ship 3 months later? At first I thought it was like the previous Idea Factory games that LRG puts out but you pointed out that this game has a American physical release

hm you're right about the game being at retail, wal mart and best buy seem to have copies to buy. Then why put in the description that this is being manufactured and ship 3 months later? At first I thought it was like the previous Idea Factory games that LRG puts out but you pointed out that this game has a American physical release
LRG seems to be lazy with a lot of item descriptions. They probably just copied over the description of one of their games that was an actual preorder.

I just h

I do hope BBY stocks some PS4 copies of LRG's upcoming releases, such as Shantae.

Mighty Switch Force! Collection is out today at Best Buy (sku 6419955). Only 2-3 per store. Make sure your store checks the actual date for that sku because it likely won't be put out thanks to them sending it in a box marked 7/14.
C'mon, BB. List it on the site so I can have it shipped!

https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1280517896586899458?s=20
Holy crap, I want it. Ys is one of my favorite franchises and Origin is one of my favorite games within it. I never got the original Limited Run release, but considering the performance issues in the Vita version, it's for the best I didn't. I'm hopeful the Switch version will run better.

Oh, and that steelbook... *drools*

well I'm assuming Ys origin on switch will be like the ps4 version. Why would they use the vita version?
I can't speak to this situation directly, but games ported to systems often use the closest spec based version and in this case, it would be the Vita version. It's way easier and cost effective to try and improve a Vita game and put it on the NS, than to try and reduce a current gen title down, and squeeze it in to a little box.

well I'm assuming Ys origin on switch will be like the ps4 version. Why would they use the vita version?
They wouldn't use the vita version. They'd use the PS4 version and tweak it to run on the Switch just like all the other games that have been ported over.

Can someone explain why people jump to throw money at these guys for PORTS? I can somewhat understand paying $30-$40 if you're just so obsessed with collecting for the current gen indie games, but why the heck would you ever want to spend $30 or especially $70(!!) for a game from 2006 with literally nothing added to it? I'm not sure if the digital releases were "remasters", but them selling the PS2 version is a total scam. They do this for all these older game releases.

I remember being so excited to buy Indigo Prophecy and then finding out its literally just the exact PS2 version they're selling in a PS4 box. That is the definition of a scam.

People like playing on current systems. I actually started playing Ghostbusters on PS3 (got it from an old Gamestop sale) when I thought of buying the remaster on PS4. It's a bit cleaner looking, but not by much. I'm an idiot who keeps buying some of these like having Okami on 4 platforms lol (PS2,3,4 and  PC). That was mainly my bad for not playing it on the PS3 when that one came out haha.

I remember being so excited to buy Indigo Prophecy and then finding out its literally just the exact PS2 version they're selling in a PS4 box. That is the definition of a scam.
It's not a scam. When was it advertised to be anything different? Although, it's not the "exact" PS2 version in a PS4 box. I get what you're saying, but obviously if you stick that PS2 disc in the PS4 it's not going to work. This one will. So, why would someone want it? Maybe they don't have a PS2 or don't want to drag it out to play "Indigo Prophecy"?

It's not a scam. When was it advertised to be anything different? Although, it's not the "exact" PS2 version in a PS4 box. I get what you're saying, but obviously if you stick that PS2 disc in the PS4 it's not going to work. This one will. So, why would someone want it? Maybe they don't have a PS2 or don't want to drag it out to play "Indigo Prophecy"?
I say that meaning a pricing scam. If they want to sell the literal PS2 versions of games, then price it at that. Don't price it at $35 or $40 and throw it in a PS4 case, because that implies you are getting a PS4 game, not a PS2 game that plays on the PS4 basically completely un-updated. It is completely misleading to the common consumer and is an unacceptable business practice in almost every other form of business.

If they want to do that, price it at $15 or MAYBE $20. Charging double that is absolutely a scam.

I've not messed with LRG much and honestly most of the games do not interest me, or they fill bundles full of pointless crap.  I'm not familiar with YS either, so decided to jump on the CE version to try it.  It seems a bit nicer than the other things they offer.

LRG just announced a pretty good lineup. I'm Getting all of those. 

Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2
Grandia HD Collection
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
The Mummy Demastered
A Boy and His Blob
Super Meat Boy Forever
Super Meat Boy
Samurai Jack
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Bug Fables

bread's done