Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Here's the full rundown of what they announced: https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/lrg3-2020

Limited Run Games today revealed dozens of physical game announcements throughout their LRG3 livestream. Kunai and Ys Origin are available to pre-order for the Nintendo Switch now. In addition, physical Limited Runs of Star Wars Episode I: Racer will be available to purchase for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC this Friday, July 10th starting at 10am ET!

The full list of announced games is as follows:

• A Boy and His Blob (PS4) — September 2020
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 (Switch, PS4) — TBD
  • Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Switch, PS4) — TBD
  • Carrion (Switch) — TBD*
  • Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Switch, PS4) — Q3 2020
  • Demon Turf (Switch) — TBD
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves (PS4) — July 2020
  • Grandia HD Collection (Switch) — August 7, 2020
  • GRIS (Switch) — TBD*
  • Katana Zero (Switch) — November 2020
  • Kunai (Switch) — July 8, 2020*
  • MegaDimension Neptunia VII (Switch) — July 28, 2020*
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Switch, PS4) — August 28, 2020
  • My Friend Pedro (PS4) — TBD*
  • Observer (Switch) — TBD*
  • Papers, Please (Vita) — July 24, 2020
  • PixelJunk Eden 2 (Switch) — TBD
  • Return of the Obra Dinn (Switch, PS4) — July 24, 2020
  • River City Girls 0 — TBD
  • Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Switch, PS4) — TBD
  • Shantae (Switch, GameBoy Color) — September 2020
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge (Switch) — September 2020
  • Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! (PSVR) — July 31, 2020
  • Star Wars Episode I: Racer (Switch, PS4, PC) — July 10, 2020
  • Super Meat Boy Forever (Switch, PS4) — TBD
  • The friends of Ringo Ishikawa (Switch) — July 21, 2020*
  • The Mummy Demastered (Switch, PS4) — July 31, 2020
  • The Secret of Monkey Island 30th Anniversary Anthology (PC) — October 2020
  • To The Moon (Switch) — Q4 2020
  • TowerFall Ascension (Switch) — Q3 2020
  • Trover Saves the Universe (Switch) — Q4 2020
  • Where the Water Tastes Like Wine (Switch) — TBD*
  • Xtreme Sports (Switch, GameBoy Color) — October 2020
  • Ys Origin (Switch) — July 8, 2020*
*The asterisked titles are a part of our distribution line, which means we are selling these on behalf of the publisher. These physical editions are not created by us and are not a part of our numbered release line.

People like playing on current systems. I actually started playing Ghostbusters on PS3 (got it from an old Gamestop sale) when I thought of buying the remaster on PS4. It's a bit cleaner looking, but not by much. I'm an idiot who keeps buying some of these like having Okami on 4 platforms lol (PS2,3,4 and PC). That was mainly my bad for not playing it on the PS3 when that one came out haha.
I'll buy Okami on every platform just to tell Capcom I want them to hire Platinum Games to make a sequel.

Didn't even know they were doing an announcement today.  Did some digging, here's the full list they posted:

Removed full list, got posted while I was typing

My interest:

Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Switch)... hope it gets a BB release

Gradia HD Collection (assuming both games on the cart)

Will likely just go digital on these... but coo to see them getting a physical.

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa (been hoping for a cheap digital release)

The Mummy Demastered

Here's the video version of the announcements if you want to sit through it.  Usually these are the most awful eye bleeding things... but... maybe this one is better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4R2X64Bf58

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting the okay to put out a license like The Mummy does point to them working with Universal to also get Scott Pilgrim. ;)

Lots of great stuff announced during the Livestream today!

I'm definitely looking forward to these:

• A Boy and His Blob (PS4) — September 2020
  • Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! (PSVR) — July 31, 2020
  • Star Wars Episode I: Racer (Switch, PS4, PC) — July 10, 2020
  • Xtreme Sports (Switch, GameBoy Color) — October 2020
Does anyone know if they had to cut some stuff at the end?

I was hoping for a big 'one more thing' announcement at the end (like the Star Wars reveal last year) but they abruptly ended with a quick Monkey Island mention after an already announced game (SW: Episode I Racer) and were just like 'Okay, that's it - thanks!'
There was an odd cut to Limited Run/Forever Physical logos in a what looks like the Final Fantasy font so I wonder if they're doing a FF release (maybe a US release of the FFVII/VIII bundle for Switch?) but weren't able to reveal it yet? *shrug*

What's the one Josh was gushing over on twitter? Castlevania?.

Edit: Excited for Shantae and Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Switch!

Will probably go for

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
River City Girls 0
Shantae
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Space Channel 5 VR
Super Meat Boy Forever
The Mummy Demastered

Sadly, already bought Castlevania Anniversary Collection digitally so a pass here.

Does anyone know if they had to cut some stuff at the end?
I was hoping for a big 'one more thing' announcement at the end (like the Star Wars reveal last year) but they abruptly ended with a quick Monkey Island mention after an already announced game (SW: Episode I Racer) and were just like 'Okay, that's it - thanks!'
There was an odd cut to Limited Run/Forever Physical logos in a what looks like the Final Fantasy font so I wonder if they're doing a FF release (maybe a US release of the FFVII/VIII bundle for Switch?) but weren't able to reveal it yet? *shrug*
Josh had stated that there were three enormous titles they were planning on announcing during this event but they did not get approval to announce two of them yet. Josh stated the Castlevania collection was the one announced today... Though I thought it was Grandia Collection while watching the show. I think most people were already assuming LRG would get the Konami collections based on other boards I read, so Castlevania wasn't a shock for me at all.

So to answer your question, yes. They held back at least two games that are at least as big as Castlevania collection in Josh's mind. Final Fantasy could be one of them. We will have to wait and see.

Likely would only get Castlevania Collection and Bug Fables. I actually bought the Grandia HD collection and honestly I don't think the first one at least aged very well. I played for like 2 hours, but got a little bored and haven't gone back yet. Still a pretty decent battle system, but the rest seems just OK.

I'll be a man and would like to apologise to the team at limited run and the owners. You did amazing with the conference. I don't know if you even visit this site anymore but really you killed it. I look forward to buying many games this year and as a person learned to hold judgement. I seen passion and humour in the conference. I'm sorry for eariler comments.

Loved Grandia II on the DC. That my be my highlight game that I’m gonna have to get. But definitely a few big titles on that list that I’ll go for.

What Final Fantasy titles were they thinking of doing?
It's all speculation. There's been no confirmation/acknowledgement that any FF/LRG collab was happening.

If they do anything, VII, VIII, and IX would make the most sense since they're digital-only on modern consoles.

• Carrion (Switch) — TBD*
  • Grandia HD Collection (Switch) — August 7, 2020
  • Katana Zero (Switch)
  • Return of the Obra Dinn (Switch, PS4) — July 24, 2020
Grabbing all these.

At least they finally gave a release date for Papers Please.

So they waited to release it with....Obra Dinn?

No Brainer for me to pick up Castlevania.
Bloodstained 2
The Mummy Demastered
Shantae games
Katana Zero
Grandia HD Collection will be cool
Probably a couple more
Symphony of the Night & Chronicles could be a possibility maybe now. More importantly we could all own a physical switch copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbors hypothetically one day here since the doors to konami have creaked open with LRG.

No Brainer for me to pick up Castlevania.
Bloodstained 2
The Mummy Demastered
Shantae games
Katana Zero
Grandia HD Collection will be cool
Probably a couple more
Symphony of the Night & Chronicles could be a possibility maybe now. More importantly we could all own a physical switch copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbors hypothetically one day here since the doors to konami have creaked open with LRG.
I'm been thinking all day about the following: Contra Collection, TMNT Collection, Snatcher/Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Collection, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh right.. wasn't even thinking too much.
Tmnt games would be great as well as contra stuffs on on a cartridge.

Definitely gonna try and get these!

Grandia HD Collection (Switch) — August 7, 2020
MegaDimension Neptunia VII (Switch) — July 28, 2020*
Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Switch, PS4) — August 28, 2020
Papers, Please (Vita) — July 24, 2020
PixelJunk Eden 2 (Switch) — TBD
River City Girls 0 — TBD
Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Switch, PS4) — TBD
Shantae (Switch, GameBoy Color) — September 2020
Shantae: Risky's Revenge (Switch) — September 2020
Super Meat Boy Forever (Switch, PS4) — TBD
TowerFall Ascension (Switch) — Q3 2020
Trover Saves the Universe (Switch) — Q4 2020
Ys Origin (Switch) — July 8, 2020*

I'm totally in for

Bug Fables
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2
Shantae
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Grandia HD Collection
Super Meat Boy Forever

My poor wallet :(

While I'm super excited for the original Shantae to be re-released, I was really hoping it would have been available on PS4 to go with all the other games. I'm sure I'll end up buying the Switch version under the impression that it will be the only way to get the original game on physical that isn't gameboy color. And then they'll end up doing a PS4 port and do a physical release of that too and I'm going to end up double dipping to get the console version I originally wanted.

Did Grandia ever get fixed? My understanding was there was some assets that were poorly remastered. A number of games there I will definitely check out, pumped for see Observer and Obra Dinn Switch. Got a chuckle that Xtreme Sports GBC got a rerelease, I know it’s WayForward just never expected any demand for that one.

Did Grandia ever get fixed? My understanding was there was some assets that were poorly remastered.
I believe both games got patched, but I'd hope LRG would ensure the patches will be on the cart...That might be worth confirming via Twitter.

My poor wallet :(

While I'm super excited for the original Shantae to be re-released, I was really hoping it would have been available on PS4 to go with all the other games. I'm sure I'll end up buying the Switch version under the impression that it will be the only way to get the original game on physical that isn't gameboy color. And then they'll end up doing a PS4 port and do a physical release of that too and I'm going to end up double dipping to get the console version I originally wanted.
yeah it's a bittersweet announcement. I love my switch, but I own all other Shantae games for PS4...

Holy shit.. that's a massive list. I'm stoked Shantae is getting a modern release- to date, still the best game in the series. I really want to see what their GBC reprint looks like too; really hope they keep the original art style and not re-do it with the generic anime style of the newer games. Ricky's Revenge was... ok. Honestly, that's prob the worst game of the series but might pick that up too.  

Also would be interested in Grandia but not sure they ever fixed the released since the "remaster" honestly looked worse than the original. Hopefully we have a clear answer before the game goes on sale... this was something that pushed me away from Panzer Dragoon on NS as, at the time I was looking to order it, I couldn't find a clear answer if it would be the patched version or not. 

Mighty Switch Force! Collection is out today at Best Buy (sku 6419955). Only 2-3 per store. Make sure your store checks the actual date for that sku because it likely won't be put out thanks to them sending it in a box marked 7/14.
I wonder if this was sold early in error. Haven't seen this yet in any of my stores near me

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I wonder if this was sold early in error. Haven't seen this yet in any of my stores near me

I can see that a lot of stores have copies. It wouldn't be the first time they listed a lower print game on the website later to give grab-and-go customers a chance to get one first. I gave the sku so anyone could call up and see which stores in their area have it.

I know someone answered regarding a specific game a few days ago, but for those games that are slated per the description to also be carried by Best Buy, are they only available via them once they ship from LRG?

Have my eyes on a few games that had preorder windows in March-April that arent apparently being shipped until Q3 or later of 2020. Does that means that's the earliest that BB will carry them?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but has there been any news on the Panzer Dragoon Remake? (specifically, if Best Buy will carry it).

It's been hard to keep track of LRG with so many releases and information coming out recently. Seems like Panzer Dragoon is getting lost in the shuffle.

Guess Night in the Woods isn't happening since it wasn't announced in their livestream. Damn.
NITW is still happening. It's just delayed as the developers are dealing with the aftermath of some real life issues. You can look it up on Google if you're not aware of what those are.

I know someone answered regarding a specific game a few days ago, but for those games that are slated per the description to also be carried by Best Buy, are they only available via them once they ship from LRG?

Have my eyes on a few games that had preorder windows in March-April that arent apparently being shipped until Q3 or later of 2020. Does that means that's the earliest that BB will carry them?
There may be some extras available at the New Years blowout sale. Also, if conventions such as PAX and Pop Up Shop can be held again those are options too.

Games usually start appearing at BB about 30 days after LRG has begun shipping their orders.

I apologize if this has been answered already, but has there been any news on the Panzer Dragoon Remake? (specifically, if Best Buy will carry it).

It's been hard to keep track of LRG with so many releases and information coming out recently. Seems like Panzer Dragoon is getting lost in the shuffle.
Unless something changed between when this tweet was posted and now, Best Buy won't be getting any copies:

https://twitter.com/ForeverEntert/status/1262659379528192006

Unless something changed between when this tweet was posted and now, Best Buy won't be getting any copies:

https://twitter.com/ForeverEntert/status/1262659379528192006
That's not how I read that tweet. If Best Buy were to carry copies, it would still be an LRG release.

NITW is still happening. It's just delayed as the developers are dealing with the aftermath of some real life issues. You can look it up on Google if you're not aware of what those are.

There may be some extras available at the New Years blowout sale. Also, if conventions such as PAX and Pop Up Shop can be held again those are options too.

Games usually start appearing at BB about 30 days after LRG has begun shipping their orders.
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely keep my eye out around then.

I can see that a lot of stores have copies. It wouldn't be the first time they listed a lower print game on the website later to give grab-and-go customers a chance to get one first. I gave the sku so anyone could call up and see which stores in their area have it.
So I went back and talked to someone. He found he had 2 copies and they looked to be street dated. I quoted the post that they should be free and clear to sell. He checked with management and sold me a copy. Very happy to have found this. Thanks for updating the thread!

I personally thought the problem with NitW was who to turn to for licensing since the creator committed suicide. Having to wrangle with legal issues into where the rights revert to. But it's been a while now...

I personally thought the problem with NitW was who to turn to for licensing since the creator committed suicide. Having to wrangle with legal issues into where the rights revert to. But it's been a while now...
No, it's not a licensing issue. In fact, LRG already has a license to release the game. The rights to the game are controlled by the team that developed the game, not just one of the developers. Douglas mentioned a while back that it might see a release this Fall, but it really depends on what the surviving team members feel is appropriate.

American Express has offers you can add to your card that earn you additional cash back as statement credit.

One of the recent ones I added was meant to encourage purchases at small businesses:

Spend $10+, get $5 back, up to 10 times when you Shop Small by 9/20/20

I just placed an order with LRG using my Amex, as I usually do, and I got $5 back from the small business offer.

bread's done
Back