Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah I was on the sale page watching the timer count down with 10 minutes to go, then the timer ended with no add to cart button, 3 page refreshes to get the add to cart button, go directly to cart and hit PayPal, and by the time PayPal loads and I get in the LRG queue line it sells out.

There's a reason I never order from this fucking company unless it's an open preorder.

Damn did anyone here get a copy on second round?
I got one.. I was refreshing after the countdown, I figure it took an extra minute or two to update the product id (I assume they still do that), added to cart when it popped up, got a queue message for 5 seconds, sped through checkout, confirmation was a little slow after I hit the final submit.

Went back to the product page and it said sold out.. jeez that was the fastest one yet. Even that last mini batch of Wonder Boy PS4 a year or two ago lasted longer.

PayPal is the slower checkout option since it needs extra time to go through verification. LFT: you should never use Paypal for purchases on quick sellout items.

Second, reporting these listings won't do anything because it's not a presale where production is still waiting months down the line. Y'all forgetting these are in hand because cart production ended a while ago for NA.

A couple common sense things:

1) 40 copies on eBay out of 3000 copies is not a big percentage. Bots didn't "buy all these up." I think mostly curiosity and  demand just exceeded supply here.

2) Flippers are good in the sense that if you didn't get a copy you can at least still get one for a premium if you really want one. Imagine if nobody put their copies on eBay... then you would actually never get one.

3) Don't pay scalper prices now. They have a limited window to flip these for a high premium before the eBay market gets flooded with more copies from people who finally get one in hand, see the price its going for, and decide to sell/trade and then the price normalizes. If you want to get a copy on the secondary market, you gotta hit it at the right time... probably a week or two after they've been shipped out.

Remember, few LRG vita titles actually go for $100+ on the secondary market, and the ones that do are the ones that have had time to appreciate. If people are paying more for Papers Please from a guy who doesn't even have it in hand than Oddworld or Breach & Clear, I have to shake my head and laugh. Remember when Soldner and Oceanhorn sold out quick like this? Look at what they're going for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will LRG be doing PS5 rereleases for some of their PS4 games?
With PS5 confirmed to be backwards compatible with PS4, I can't imagine that they would. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I would commit to new titles released for PS5, but re-releases of PS4 titles would be a new low.

How did I miss that Best Buy sold River City Girls? Why don't they sell it anymore? I still see old games like Lumines Remastered in stock. Will there be another River City Girls release for PS4 or Switch (or even PS5) since it looks like it had a retail release? And can anyone explain why this game is more expensive than some of their other games from resellers?

How did I miss that Best Buy sold River City Girls? Why don't they sell it anymore? I still see old games like Lumines Remastered in stock. Will there be another River City Girls release for PS4 or Switch (or even PS5) since it looks like it had a retail release? And can anyone explain why this game is more expensive than some of their other games from resellers?
You'll have to import or ebay the game. Way Forward is good about not reprinting games that go through LRG, which this did. The Best Buy copies were through LRG, and even then, it was only copies for Switch. PS4 was only through LRG. Both were an open preorder.

It was selling for a good amount on eBay early on so resellers brought all the copies months ago.

If you bought Power Rangers from LRG (not Best Buy) and want the missing skins you need to open a ticket on their support site. PS4 game buyers can request a replacement disc while Switch game buyers can request a code. It is my understanding that the PS4 copies sold at Best Buy are the corrected discs, but I am not sure about the Switch version.
[SIZE=11pt]Wait, when or where was this request ticket mentioned? Does the missing skins pack include the recently released Robert “RJ” James - Jungle Fury Ranger and the Dai Shi Phantom Beast Skin? So this means that the LRG version of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid is already inferior and outdated. I wonder if nWay or Lions Gate Entertainment Inc will release a Definitive Edition sometime in the future. It seems that more downloadable content will be released since nWay has started doing the whole season pass content approach.[/SIZE]

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and buy it online then. It looks like it sold for $40 after shipping anyway originally so it's only about $20 over MSRP and only sells a few copies a month. One seller had copies listed all of these months and only sold 3 of them. It makes me wonder if they'll end up dropping it more if they never move the copies since it looks like most people who want it got a copy already. It also makes me wonder why anyone bothers scalping and hoarding these games since it looks like the majority of them sell for only $10 or $20 above MSRP anyway and after eBay fees they are making less than minimum wage or, in many cases, losing money on unpopular titles.

What happens to cancelled orders? Blind boxes come holiday? I remember there used to be a waiting list even though it never worked out for in my favor. Did they get rid of it?

Blind boxes and convention stock. They did indeed get rid of waitlists, unfortunately.
Buying 3 blind boxes a few years ago was the worst Limited Run mistake I ever made.

Sure it seemed like a fun idea when I was ordering, and even fun when they showed up.

Was most definitely not fun when I got 3 reject games I never would have bought and did not want...

I definitely didn't buy them with the intention of selling them, but I had no idea what to do with them. It took me 2 years but I finally sold them and got back almost 50% of what I spent...

So what decides which LRG are popular or not? Some titles sell out instantly and have high resell while others depreciate despite being good games. Just what the market wants I guess like anything else?

When Spelunky came out, I thought the CE was full of great stuff and jumped on it the moment it was available. I was sure it was going to sell out quickly. Instead, it stayed available throughout the weekend and beyond. That was the first time I was personally insulted by other people's taste in video games.

Does the Jak 4 case ship individually? My Jak X CE is coming Tomorrow or should I expect it with that?
Mine shipped by itself few weeks ago. Did you ever get an email to fill out an online form with your info for the case? They sent my case after I filled out the form.

Still waiting on my Jak games along with blasphemous CE, it has been in "in-hand" status for some time but hasn't moved at all.

Also, I vaguely remember but is Samurai Showdown showing up in a non collectors edition?

When Spelunky came out, I thought the CE was full of great stuff and jumped on it the moment it was available. I was sure it was going to sell out quickly. Instead, it stayed available throughout the weekend and beyond. That was the first time I was personally insulted by other people's taste in video games.
I also own the ce I regret it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wish I could cancel my SOR4 CE...shit's just getting released at retail. Sigh..
Crap, really? I ordered the PS4 one with the statue that is delayed for eternity.. not so limited I guess?

edit: I don't know the difference, is CE the one without the statue? I can't keep track of the # of releases this game has now.

I think they sent a steam key for eveybody who preorder the CE.
yeah which is nice but I want to play it on my console in my living room with 4 other friends and not have to deal with the logistics of getting 4 PS4 controllers hooked up to something that can stream to my front room

LRG pooped me hard over with this one, i'll be a much more scrutinizing customer from now on

There's something weird with Best Buy and LRG. Other items if your local store doesn't have it in stock you can have it shipped to your local store and pick it up there. For LRG titles this option is not available. If your local store doesn't have it in stock you can't pick it up at your store. You're forced to buy it a store that has it or pay shipping unless the order is over $35. You can have it shipped to a UPS store but that costs $3.99 so what's the point? This is only with LRG titles and makes no sense.

There's something weird with Best Buy and LRG. Other items if your local store doesn't have it in stock you can have it shipped to your local store and pick it up there. For LRG titles this option is not available. If your local store doesn't have it in stock you can't pick it up at your store. You're forced to buy it a store that has it or pay shipping unless the order is over $35. You can have it shipped to a UPS store but that costs $3.99 so what's the point? This is only with LRG titles and makes no sense.
Not surprising. More than likely because Best Buy wisely ordered a fewer number of these.

With more and more stores wiping out or cutting back on all physical media, it's fully expected that warehouses/shipping are going to be the more preferred routes for getting anything but AAA releases.

I can see more and more retailers like Best Buys and Targets not wanting to waste time/money on coordinating ship to store options for physical media. Target already spiked up mandatory $35 order minimums for nearly all of its movies, too.

It's just not worth it from a profit margin.

The era of pemiums for physical media collectors is well upon us. Oh joy ...

It's kind of sad, games are just seen as disposable now like movies and music after Netflix and streaming songs became a thing.

What is everyone's opinions on competitors such as Strictly Limited Games?
. Strictly Limited does some nice CEs and they seem to have some connections with Taito (or whoever holds their IPs). That said, I finally got a shipping notice for a title I ordered a year ago from them and have a number of orders in limbo. I trust they will arrive just fine but the massive delays put me off additional purchases.

Their buy-in amount is just too low on LRG games. Stores get a one-time shipment and online orders will be fulfilled with that stock.

not for me I see realMyst, Mighty Switch Force and some other LRG titles have the ability to ship to other bestbuy stores

It's kind of sad, games are just seen as disposable now like movies and music after Netflix and streaming songs became a thing.
Blame Microsoft. Gamepass may have its positives, but no company has done more to hasten digital downloads than MS this generation. It's done to home console games what mobile games did to handheld consoles.

That said, I'm not looking for hate or trolling. I don't have any beef one way or the other. Customers made their bed and choice here.

I do wish however that consumers were smarter about how much wr are giving up by letting publishers push the masses to purely leasing digital content.

Blame Microsoft. Gamepass may have its positives, but no company has done more to hasten digital downloads than MS this generation. It's done to home console games what mobile games did to handheld consoles.

That said, I'm not looking for hate or trolling. I don't have any beef one way or the other. Customers made their bed and choice here.

I do wish however that consumers were smarter about how much wr are giving up by letting publishers push the masses to purely leasing digital content.
Good thing you didn't say that on the Xbox board. Youd have multiple people block/report you and tell you that they did so lol. You are extremely right, however. Even as someone who mainly chooses Xbox, it's pretty sad. It was basically the only positive thing people had to say about the show last week too.

I'm more pissed about the fact that they aren't talking about these new games being Xbox One X enhanced. I'm not playing Halo Infinite at 900p or less when Xbox One X could easily be the same visually as Series X just with a lower resolution. If these rumors are true they can go fuck themselves.

I'm more pissed about the fact that they aren't talking about these new games being Xbox One X enhanced. I'm not playing Halo Infinite at 900p or less when Xbox One X could easily be the same visually as Series X just with a lower resolution. If these rumors are true they can go fuck themselves.
Agreed - MS didn't do themselves any favors with the messaging for that showcase. It was really confusing.

bread's done
Back