Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I could have sworn LRG had the price of the Doom Classics Collection listed at $29.99 when it was first listed on their site, now its at $39.99. Was I imagining things about the $29.99 price at first?

Also, Green Lava Studios sounds like something Limited Rare Games (i.e. Poop Slinger) would release. Limited Rare had been teasing an April 1st release for months, and then they put up a stupid TShirt. They probably decided to move the release to their bigger site (Limited Run Games) for their own April 1st joke. The game also doesn't appear to be part of their numbered PS4 line, and they don't mention it as a distributed title. Hmmmm. (And yes, I believe LRG is behind the shenaningans that is Limited Rare Games).
They bumped the price

I have one open order from New Year's, and I'll try for 'Super Meat Boy' on Vita, but I think after that I'm done with LRG. I've always been a bit back and forth (as documented in this thread), but how they dropped the ball with me on 'Streets of Rage 4' (they didn't even send the correct slipcover replacement. It should've been the slipcover for the larger Genesis-style box because that was the damaged one, but instead they sent the giant outer box slipcover. And the steelbook still pisses me off) and all the other little things have added up to too much.

As much as I'm sure there are games coming that I would want physically for one reason or another, I just can't handle doing business with LRG anymore. Nay, I don't want to do business with LRG anymore.

I had a strong feeling they would make sure the turnaround time on this game was quick.

But of course I ordered this with three other releases, Dark Crystal, Fight N' Rage and Panzer Paladin so who in the hell knows when I will get my copy. It is similar to how they got Streets of Rage 4 out quickly for Switch but my copy was tied to Panzer Dragoon and I had to wait four months before they both shipped.

I will be getting Republic Commando. I'm glad they announced this one today and not months after the digital release.
Holy crap, dude. Four titles in one order. I hope you had your attorney update your will to say who should receive this shipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, dude. Four titles in one order. I hope you had your attorney update your will to say who should receive this shipment.
It is actually the most I've ever ordered from them at once. I usually order one game at a time , two max and I'm not big on combining orders because when I combine orders you have to wait forever for them to all be available. I know who I'm dealing with so I will get them all eventually. Lately everything takes a while to receive. Not like the good old days of Vita releases.

So did anyone pick up the mayo games? I noticed it's not a numbered release by Limited Run and I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed up after April 1st.

I have one open order from New Year's, and I'll try for 'Super Meat Boy' on Vita, but I think after that I'm done with LRG. I've always been a bit back and forth (as documented in this thread), but how they dropped the ball with me on 'Streets of Rage 4' (they didn't even send the correct slipcover replacement. It should've been the slipcover for the larger Genesis-style box because that was the damaged one, but instead they sent the giant outer box slipcover. And the steelbook still pisses me off) and all the other little things have added up to too much.

As much as I'm sure there are games coming that I would want physically for one reason or another, I just can't handle doing business with LRG anymore. Nay, I don't want to do business with LRG anymore.
It's just not fun to buy from them anymore. The boner on the price of the Doom collection is a good example. $10 doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's enough to change people's reaction from "hey cool!" to "aww man...". It's enough to make buying it unfun, and if it's not fun then what's the point? We can play Doom on any device we want. It's one of the most well-preserved games in history, and this version doesn't even include any of the extra DLC or WADs on the cart. You'd think, given all that, they'd want to make buying another version of it enjoyable in some way...but no. Instead they're laser focused on finding the price point that will make people begrudgingly buy it without turning them away completely. Also, don't forget how easy it would have been to release one cart with Doom 1-3 AND Doom 64 all together. It's all gotten so old at this point.

oof I really hate to hear that I might have to reconsider if I buy it or not now tbh.
Looks like Best Buy will be carrying both PS4 and Switch versions of the standard, so you can always order from them if you want.

Also, Best Buy finally has Doom 64 preorders listed (though not able to purchase yet), and they have 4 listings, PS4 and Switch standard and Classic Editions. It appears the Classic Edition of this is another stealth carry by Best Buy as I don't recall there being a mention of BBY carrying it in the item description.

Also, did we ever find out if Best Buy's version of Obra Dinn has different cover art then the LRG version? If not then I believe that would be a first.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1378088608779939842?s=20

Well, I guess I wasn't better off waiting for Best Buy instead.
Looks like the KO Edition is gonna be Q4, from some of the responses to that tweet?

From the Email they sent (all projected dates):

Regular Switch copies: Next 2 weeks to ship
Regular PS4 copies: Slated end of April / Early May
Classic Edition PS4/Switch: Slated May to ship
KO Edition PS4/Switch: Has to finalize case ETA is Q4

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1378088608779939842?s=20

Well, I guess I wasn't better off waiting for Best Buy instead.

Looks like the KO Edition is gonna be Q4, from some of the responses to that tweet?
Per the email they sent out, KO edition is projected to ship Q4, although it does says that's an estimate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone pick up the Aprils Fools Day PS4 game "Green Lava Studios: Volume 1" yesterday?
I picked it up. I know it won't be the next poop slinger (LRG has too much of a following for this to be in any way limited) and as much as I hate to say it, I kinda like the concept... a joke game on April Fools. Of course, my attitude will change in 2 days when I realize I won't get it until Xmas.

Looks like Best Buy will be carrying both PS4 and Switch versions of the standard, so you can always order from them if you want.

Also, Best Buy finally has Doom 64 preorders listed (though not able to purchase yet), and they have 4 listings, PS4 and Switch standard and Classic Editions. It appears the Classic Edition of this is another stealth carry by Best Buy as I don't recall there being a mention of BBY carrying it in the item description.

Also, did we ever find out if Best Buy's version of Obra Dinn has different cover art then the LRG version? If not then I believe that would be a first.
I bought Obra Dinn from Best Buy. The picture on the Best Buy site is accurate (is that the same as the LRG release)? There is also a booklet inside.

More updates!  Surprisingly, even though LRG has been very public about the standard Switch editions of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World being on-deck, they still haven't updated the 'Production Updates' page to reflect this.

Production Status changed to On Deck:

Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 167 (97.7%)
  • On Deck: 4 (2.3%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 106 (62.0%)
  • Q2 2021: 24 (14.0%)
  • Q1 2021: 20 (11.7%)
  • April 2021: 11 (6.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 3 (1.8%)
  • 2021: 2 (1.2%)
  • 2020: 1 (0.6%)

4cbca423e5102a369513f68ed341ce89.jpg

Figured you guys would appreciate this one.

It's common practice for companies to buy domains for similar or misspelled products or company names that they are/own and redirect it to their main site, but doing it for companies and products they aren't/don't own is super shady.

Then again, all these companies are playing off of LRG's name in the first place. This whole subsection in gaming has become rather shady.

It's common practice for companies to buy domains for similar or misspelled products or company names that they are/own and redirect it to their main site, but doing it for companies and products they aren't/don't own is super shady.

Then again, all these companies are playing off of LRG's name in the first place. This whole subsection in gaming has become rather shady.
Your first comment is right on the money. It's common to, for example, amazon to buy amzon dot com. It's a common mispelling of their brand and business and it relates to such. But for them, for example, to buy wamart dot com would potentially be ground for a lawsuit I imagine because it is then infringing on taking possible traffic away away from walmart by using the walmart brand.

This is just proof LRG is scum and not using fair business practices.

You latter statement that the other companies are playing off LRG's name, I have to disagree. If what you mean their names are similar, then what is the difference between any store ending in "mart". And if business practice is what you mean, monopolies are technically not allowed and are often broken up in the state. Publishing physical games is something anybody, technically, is allowed to do. And just because LRG may have been the first on the block doesn't allow them to do scummy things like this.

Why anyone would not only want to spend premium physical prices for these bad visual novel/interactive type games but also to "preserve" them as if they'd be worth something or even worth playing again down the line is absolutely beyond me. FMVs are one thing, but these hermit ones are a different story.

I already know Bojay is excited for this one though.
Some of the stuff from Wales is actually not bad if you like the genre, haven't played that latest one though

Your first comment is right on the money. It's common to, for example, amazon to buy amzon dot com. It's a common mispelling of their brand and business and it relates to such. But for them, for example, to buy wamart dot com would potentially be ground for a lawsuit I imagine because it is then infringing on taking possible traffic away away from walmart by using the walmart brand.

This is just proof LRG is scum and not using fair business practices.

You latter statement that the other companies are playing off LRG's name, I have to disagree. If what you mean their names are similar, then what is the difference between any store ending in "mart". And if business practice is what you mean, monopolies are technically not allowed and are often broken up in the state. Publishing physical games is something anybody, technically, is allowed to do. And just because LRG may have been the first on the block doesn't allow them to do scummy things like this.
No, I wasn't talking about monopolies, just the subsection of companies in the gaming space that specifically publish low print runs of physical games. And I certainty wasn't excusing LRG's practices.

I do, however, think there's a difference in a company ending their name in "mart" (or "market") because that describes a pre-existing type of establishment and "mart" or "market" are general terms used to describe said establishments. But, come on, when companies like Super Rare Games or Strictly Limited Games came up with their names, it's hard to argue against that they specifically named themselves to sound like LRG and to take advantage of sounding like LRG.

My point was that many of these limited companies are, at least a bit, scummy for one reason or another, but that's a fluid scale too. I love the Dreamcast, but I've made my view of publishers like JoshProd very clear that what they charge for their products is too high, especially given the emulation of some of them, even though they are the biggest publisher for the Dreamcast right now.

Again, it doesn't excuse any of these scummy practices. Scummy is scummy on any scale in my opinion.

Cybersquatting is also a legally gray area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersquatting

I'm not surprised, just disappointed at how childish they continue to be.

First, LRG wasn't the first on the scene, it was Brian Provinciano / Vblank... and LRG copied them... infact Josh even says he followed the same path Brian used in publishing Retro City Rampage in this article (https://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/exclusive-interview-josh-fairhurst-talks-limited-run-games/) as well as other articles.  It's not some big secret they weren't the first.

To the issue of cybersquatting:

First, yeah, totally scummy practice.  Hopefully they get called out on it more.   Heck those companies should sue.   Oddly they also own "limitedprintgames.com" but didn't bother to get "limitedungames.com" for that misspelling (no "r").

On a related note if you google Limited Run Games, the main entry that will pop up will have this description:

"Limited Run Games is a publisher and distributor of strictly limited PlayStation 4, Vita, and Nintendo Switch games."

Note none of the other links for LRG have the phrase "strictly limited"... just the first one.

So if you google strictly limited games, LRG actually appears in the first page of results before SLG's own instagram and linked in pages.  At least it's not at the top of the page... but just another scummy thing Limited Run is doing to drive the competitions business to their store front.

Surprised no one bumped the thread to mention that Blasphemous is getting a Retail Release in the US by publisher Sold Out. 

Also, No More Heroes 1 & 2 Switch will be carried at Best Buy. For those not wanting to pay for overpriced shipping from LRG. 

Surprised no one bumped the thread to mention that Blasphemous is getting a Retail Release in the US by publisher Sold Out.
That's fantastic news! Sound like this version will include all of the patches & DLC on-disc/cart too!

Now I'm actually happy I missed out on the LRG version, haha.

Also, No More Heroes 1 & 2 Switch will be carried at Best Buy. For those not wanting to pay for overpriced shipping from LRG.
Saw Gematsu tweet that out. I was able to get the PS4 version at the LRG New Years sale, but might P/O the Switch version to get all content on Cartridge.

PS4 one is still sealed since it's still on my "to play" list (I don't open games until I am about to start them).

Once Pre-orders go up (Has anyone heard anything about that??) I might just throw my PS4 version on Ebay to try and get some extra spending money.

Adding photo of the Physical version:
[attachment=35500:Blasphemous_04-07-21.jpg]

Comes with:

- physical copy of the game

- 32-track digital OST

- 195-page digital artbook

- digital comic

- "Alloy of SIn" and "Golden Burden" in-game skins

- Sticker Sheet

- 180 x 290 mm poster of Cvstodia

I realize this isn't related to LRG but it is related to one of the other similar distributors.  Any word on what's going on with the Space Invaders collection with Strictly Limited Games?  No news...did a google search and saw no recent updates.  Just trying to figure out what's going on or what the timeline is.

I realize this isn't related to LRG but it is related to one of the other similar distributors. Any word on what's going on with the Space Invaders collection with Strictly Limited Games? No news...did a google search and saw no recent updates. Just trying to figure out what's going on or what the timeline is.
SLG just started shipping Coffee Talk. There are three other releases that came out before Space Invaders and after Coffee Talk. I'd expect at least a 3 month wait before Space Invaders starts shipping.

That's fantastic news! Sound like this version will include all of the patches & DLC on-disc/cart too!

I was sad I missed the LGR release at BB, but now I'm not!

Japan is getting all three games on The Killion Dollar Trilogy Edition. Now we have to see if English will be on it (the Japanese eshop does list English on 1 & 2 so it’s possible). 9800 yen for the set.

Not my image, but: https://imgur.com/AYdBL1N

In related news Blaster Master Zero Trilogy is getting an Asia release (and has english) for PS4 & Switch. The pre-order is up at play asia for just over $60 usd. Glad I held out. Will still wait and see if we get a north american / ESRB version of the trilogy.

The whole "can only play at 10 your time" thing is yikes especially considering https://www.techradar.com/news/ps4-clock-battery-death-could-brick-your-console

Forever physical or something
I don’t understand it. Is it an online game and the lobby is only open at 10 pm? Either way, only being able to play a game at one specific time may be one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard. That cuts a lot of people off from playing, some people work late, some people go to bed early, etc. I hope no one buys it to show them how bad of an idea this is.

I'm a fan of FMV games & I don't get all the hate for Ghosts. I checked out their video & thought it looked interesting, and the real time thing is a neat gimmick. I'm more conflicted about the price of a physical copy. After shipping it would be more than $60, I might just wait for LRG to carry it, it will probably be cheaper.

Anyone see the listings for :ps4: Revenge of the Bird King on eBay? They have the Limited Run Games branding on them.
Yes, all of the copies have that branding. It's part of the reason the release was so controversial in collecting circles. Josh claimed it was a mistake when Joe (the employee who created the game and released it) was making the cover sheet.

bread's done
Back