Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Will LRG do releases for Symphony of the Night and Chronicles? They did Doom 64 so I also hope we get Castlevania 64. In the meantime I will pre-order the collection... Also, is there any difference to buying the LRG Neo Geo Collection over the Play-Asia one? Which is the better one to get?

Will LRG do releases for Symphony of the Night and Chronicles? They did Doom 64 so I also hope we get Castlevania 64. In the meantime I will pre-order the collection... Also, is there any difference to buying the LRG Neo Geo Collection over the Play-Asia one? Which is the better one to get?
Konami is a wild card so who knows if we'll get any more CV stuff, personally I'm happy they've decided to acknowledge the series at all (outside of panchinko machines anyway).

The NGPC Collection has 4 versions that I know of: NA, EU, JP, and Asia. I'm guessing what's on the cart is identical between all of them, because why wouldn't it be? So the only differences would be the covers and the prices. Then there are CEs that have different extras, but the carts are probably the same there too.

Think I’m going vanilla for Castlevania. I want the steelbook, but not for that other added stuff. I hate windowboxes and such.

I want it. But I also have much better things to buy for that kind of money.

People are blinded by nostalgia. Give me actual well-made Castlevania art prints that I can frame for that kind of money; I'd rather have that. This is a bunch of paper boxes for $175, and you have to spend that much in order to get the steelbook.
I know. I dropped a bundle on the Bloodstained kickstarter & I still don't regret it, but this nah. Regular version is fine if I do decided to pick it up.

I'm in the same boat if the $60 version had the steelbook I buy it. Hell I buy it at $70 but not $175.

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to this Castlevania collection, it's not up to LRG what's on the collection. This is merely a physical version of the digital collection Konami put out a year or two ago. LRG isin't involved in the development of the game, just it's distribution.

I am on the fence on the Castlevania Ultimate Edition.  REALLY like the Steelbook, and tbh I really like the Hardcover book that comes with it. 

The other extras are growing on me, might pick this one up.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2021:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 184 (94.4%)
  • On Deck: 11 (5.6%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 105 (53.8%)
  • Q2 2021: 50 (25.6%)
  • May 2021: 13 (6.7%)
  • Q1 2021: 5 (2.6%)
  • June 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q4 2020: 2 (1.0%)
  • 2021: 2 (1.0%)
  • April 2021: 1 (0.5%)

Does Castlevania come with the uncensored JP versions on the disc that was released as free DLC?
I didn't see if they explicitly confirmed the JP versions will be on the cart/disc, but they've been included in the digital versions for so long it'd be shocking if they weren't also in the physical versions.

Estimated Ship Date changed to May 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 183 (93.8%)
  • On Deck: 12 (6.2%)

• TBD: 102 (52.3%)
  • Q2 2021: 50 (25.6%)
  • May 2021: 15 (7.7%)
  • Q1 2021: 5 (2.6%)

I just got the following e-mail:

"Good afternoon!

We have exciting news. After an extended wait 5th Anniversary items will be shipping out soon. If you are receiving this message it means you've been with us since the beginning and have maintained an active account!
Please verify the default address on your account is correct, and if it needs to be changed please make sure and do so by Monday, May 10th.

Cheers,
Sarah Elliott
Limited Run Games
Customer Support Supervisor"

I vaguely recall them mentioning something about this on Twitter a while back - anyone know what the '5th Anniversary Items' are??

"Good afternoon!
We have exciting news. After an extended wait 5th Anniversary items will be shipping out soon. If you are receiving this message it means you've been with us since the beginning and have maintained an active account!

Please verify the default address on your account is correct, and if it needs to be changed please make sure and do so by Monday, May 10th.

Cheers,
Sarah Elliott
Limited Run Games

I vaguely recall them mentioning something about this on Twitter a while back - anyone know what the '5th Anniversary Items' are??
Also got this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I also received the email today. Excited to see what they have in store for us.

Edit: For people saying they didn't get the email. I'm not sure what the requirement is for qualifying for this offer but the first purchase I made from Limited Run was Breach and Clear on Vita.

all i got is this:

Good news, Risky's Revenge CEs for Switch will be shipping soon! Please check your order details are correct, and if you need to change your shipping address do so by 

Tuesday, May 4th, 5PM ET / 2PM PT.

To change your address, please follow the link below and fill out the address change form.

"Good afternoon!

We have exciting news. After an extended wait 5th Anniversary items will be shipping out soon. If you are receiving this message it means you've been with us since the beginning and have maintained an active account!

Cheers,
Sarah Elliott
Limited Run Games

I don't think they ever clarified what the item(s) is/are.

My first purchase with them was Saturday Morning RPG (their second item), so maybe that's not "the beginning"? Would be interested to know how they made the determination though.

Breach & Clear (Vita) was my first order, but I opted out of their emails a while back... so no email for me. I can't imagine it'll be anything worth my cash.
Josh mentioned on Twitter months ago that it is a small gift. I'm sure it's just a pin or some other trinket.

Breach & Clear (Vita) was my first order, but I opted out of their emails a while back... so no email for me. I can't imagine it'll be anything worth my cash.
Same here, and while I opted out of emails awhile back, I also haven't bought anything from those clowns since they announced holding the last few Vita games hostage. So I'm probably on their "no fly list" either way, which is what I signed up for, and no regrets(at least none yet). LOL

IIRC, Josh originally said it was going to be for people who made a purchase in 2015 and 2020 on the same account. I believe Breach and Clear Vita was their only 2015 release

Same here, and while I opted out of emails awhile back, I also haven't bought anything from those clowns since they announced holding the last few Vita games hostage. So I'm probably on their "no fly list" either way, which is what I signed up for, and no regrets(at least none yet). LOL
You got double burned too because you went through all the effort to collect all of their vita stuff and then no free garbage game all this time later.

My last direct purchase from them was Golf Story. Got burned too hard with that release. I might cave in on the switch version of the castlevania collection and buy that direct... haven't decided yet.

Production Status changed to On Deck:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 189 (94.5%)
  • On Deck: 11 (5.5%)
  • TBD: 112 (56.0%)
  • Q2 2021: 48 (24.0%)
  • May 2021: 13 (6.5%)
  • Q1 2021: 5 (2.5%)
Saturday Morning RPG was my first purchase too and I received the email.
I started with Saturday Morning RPG for the Vita, have ordered at least one title a year since, and still get emails from them, but I guess I didn’t make the cut for whatever this bonus is.

Edit! Apparently they clarified on Discord that you didn’t have to order in 2015 but you had to have created an account in 2015. I didn’t until January 2016, so that checks out.

LRG responded on Twitter saying the reason they can't put it on disc is because the game isn't DRM free.

Not defending or attacking them, just relaying information.

LRG responded on Twitter saying the reason they can't put it on disc is because the game isn't DRM free.

Not defending or attacking them, just relaying information.
I mean why even do it then, or not just wait to do the physical of the console ones? This is icing on the cake that their original intention was just a farce

"Forever Physical"

Steam or Epic Store code in box

"Imposters need not apply"

:whistle2:|
This one really thins the line on what is meant by LRG's mission/branding statement.

That said, I'm sure there are folks who will be all-in on this, which is of course, fine.

I appreciate that LRG brings out on-disc games and with the physical gaming market declining in the way it is, publishers like LRG are soon going to become among those representing the last stand for disc/cartridge game releases - especially for A and AA games.

The Among Us thing feels more like a Gamestop cashgrab-in-a-box than an LRG offering. They're free to do whatever they want obviously, but it does seem hypocritical considering their original mission and how many times Josh/Doug have criticized Gamestop's anti-consumer practices in the past.

Estimated Ship Date changed to May 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 188 (94.5%)
  • On Deck: 11 (5.5%)

• TBD: 111 (55.8%)
  • Q2 2021: 48 (24.1%)
  • May 2021: 14 (7.0%)
  • Q1 2021: 4 (2.0%)
  • October 2021: 1 (0.5%)

This one really thins the line on what is meant by LRG's mission/branding statement.

That said, I'm sure there are folks who will be all-in on this, which is of course, fine.

I appreciate that LRG brings out on-disc games and with the physical gaming market declining in the way it is, publishers like LRG are soon going to become among those representing the last stand for disc/cartridge game releases - especially for A and AA games.
This should've been a fangamer release. I would bet that lrg outbid them to do it. Lrg is not a small business, Josh is a piece of shit human, let's stop defending this

"LawBreakers" here, just passing through to say hi.

Wasn't that the online only game that took so long to arrive that the servers were no longer even online by the time people got it?
Did they also include those in blind boxes? Shameful, if they did.

Didn't they also, at the time of release, have a bundle of it and the hot selling title (Wonderboy I believe?)? So when the standard editions of Wonderboy sold out people were forced to buy the bundle with that turd Lawbreakers. Also, shameful.

Didn't they also, at the time of release, have a bundle of it and the hot selling title (Wonderboy I believe?)? So when the standard editions of Wonderboy sold out people were forced to buy the bundle with that turd Lawbreakers. Also, shameful.
Yep, was gonna bring that up. This was kind of a turning point for me with LRG... used to love them before this but once they did this, basically saw them for what they were: a business.

this would have been better suited as something Fangamer would sell

bread's done
Back