Lion King BluRay Coupon 5$ Off (Only Lion King 4-Disc Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and LK Tri)

Sorry to hijack this thread....however, are the Lion King sequels a bit more "kid friendly" than the original? Just curious, my daughter is 4 and I think the original might be a bit much for some parts.

[quote name='doubledown']Sorry to hijack this thread....however, are the Lion King sequels a bit more "kid friendly" than the original? Just curious, my daughter is 4 and I think the original might be a bit much for some parts.[/QUOTE]

You're correct from what I remember. I haven't watched the sequels for a number of years. You might as well buy the trilogy now because of the way the disney blu rays never seem to go down in price. Then hold off on showing your child the first film.

The original lion king was released when I was 6 years old and I loved it very very much. Some parts might be a little intense for a 4 year old though. I'm not sure if I'm the right person to give advice.

My mom took me to see Jurassic park when I was 5 years old and I begged her to take me back and see it again. We ended up watching it twice in the theater. I loved the heck out of it.

Also, keep in mind that the Lion King sequels will have individual blu ray releases in 2012, so there could be coupons again at that time if you want to hold off on your purchase.

Yeah, I may hold off. Part of me wants to get the LK and BatB 3D; although, I'm not going to let my 4 year old watch a movie in 3D yet. It's the collector in me taking over

I want to print this but it says I have to install coupon printer? I'm at college and over course it won't let me install it here. So I guess I'll have to install that at home.

[quote name='snowmint']I want to print this but it says I have to install coupon printer? I'm at college and over course it won't let me install it here. So I guess I'll have to install that at home.[/QUOTE]Yes, you do. It's the only way to print out the coupons because it limits you to two copies per PC.

Way doe the title say it only good for the 4 disc and trilogy? I want to buy this at TRu for the free 3d poster. The 5 off coupon should be good for the BluDVD combo pack correct? My TRU ad says its ok to use the coupon.

[quote name='snowmint']Way doe the title say it only good for the 4 disc and trilogy? I want to buy this at TRu for the free 3d poster. The 5 off coupon should be good for the BluDVD combo pack correct? My TRU ad says its ok to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]The DMR coupon is NOT for the BD/DVD pack. It's for the 4 disc and trilogy sets.

But my TRU ad says its appilicable. Do I have to argue tommerow about there misprint then? I really want that poster and a really cheap price.

[quote name='snowmint']But my TRU ad says its appilicable. Do I have to argue tommerow about there misprint then? I really want that poster and a really cheap price.[/QUOTE]It does? The DMR coupon explicitly states that it is only good for the other versions.

EDIT: Just saw the TRU ad. Looks like they are accepting the DMR coupon. Weird lol

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']The DMR coupon is NOT for the BD/DVD pack. It's for the 4 disc and trilogy sets.[/QUOTE]
Wrong. Picked it up this morning at Best Buy, BD+DVD ONLY, DMR coupon took $5 off. You guys are hilarious since every time a coupon is out, everybody swears it only works on X and they're always wrong.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Good deal. I'm hopefully going to TrU to get the 2 disc + poster for $15[/QUOTE]

just to let you know, I stopped by at the end of lunch hour and the CSR mentioned it was preorders only for the poster..plus they didn't even bring it out from the back yet. I had a meeting to get to so I really couldn't wait around.

My TRU had like 4 poster only. I preordered yesterday but they must've had these for a while. Is my store like dead or did they send short amounts to verious TRU.

[quote name='jterp7']just to let you know, I stopped by at the end of lunch hour and the CSR mentioned it was preorders only for the poster..plus they didn't even bring it out from the back yet. I had a meeting to get to so I really couldn't wait around.[/QUOTE]

That CSR is a liar or an idiot (or both) then. The fine print in the ad says nothing about preorders only. Hell, while I was at my TRU today, they announced over the loud speaker that you get a poster for buying Lion King.

Wanted to get the regular Blu but it comes in a DVD case so I went with the 3D Blu instead.

Went to Toyrus to buy the Lion King. I wanted to reserve Cars 2 in order to get $5off but the cashier didn't know how to do it. After waiting 20 minutes, I ended up with 2 Lion King BDs and 2 free posters for $19.99 without reserving Cars 2.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am a little worried that TRU will now only carry the 3D and the DVD/Blu-ray versions of the Disney combo packs. I dont want to buy the DVD/Blu-ray versions because of the size of the cases and I dont really need the 3D versions of the movies yet.

I bought lion king 3d at Tru.
I reserved Cars 2 for $5 to get $10 off and used the $5 coupon.
I only paid $17.99 plus tax and I also got the free poster. And $5 of that price is for Cars 2 which it states on the receipt can be returned for a refund which it probably will be since i already got a preorder with them when I bought Dumbo.
Also unlike with Dumbo there system seemed to be working fine with the preorder and sale price discount.

[quote name='snowmint']My TRU had like 4 poster only. I preordered yesterday but they must've had these for a while. Is my store like dead or did they send short amounts to verious TRU.[/QUOTE]

Every store should have gotten a minimum of 25 posters.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']That CSR is a liar or an idiot (or both) then. The fine print in the ad says nothing about preorders only. Hell, while I was at my TRU today, they announced over the loud speaker that you get a poster for buying Lion King.

Wanted to get the regular Blu but it comes in a DVD case so I went with the 3D Blu instead.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that TRU had been advertising the free poster with pre order for the past few weeks. Because of this(at my store) we held enough posters to cover any pre orders and the rest were first come.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Went to Toyrus to buy the Lion King. I wanted to reserve Cars 2 in order to get $5off but the cashier didn't know how to do it. After waiting 20 minutes, I ended up with 2 Lion King BDs and 2 free posters for $19.99 without reserving Cars 2.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE] Damn nice, not even sure how you did that but props

I just called my local TRU they said all posters are first come first serve. Did anyone see the 8 disc trilogy at TRU because they guy at my store said they didn't have any inshore and it's 99.99 online idk why since it's 75 everywhere else but I really want that poster.

I just went to my TRU at around 8PM and asked if they had the 3D + pre-order + poster. They had all three so that worked out great. 17.99 + tax after coupon and pre-order. I thought the days of TRU being the best deal were over. I'm glad to see that's not the case. I thought that the poster would be a cheap/small piece of paper. It's really nice...

I'm kinda pi**ed that it is the stupid DVD size case for the DVD/Blu. I don't think I can do a return either since I had the preorder and I'm not sure how a return on that works out. Also I got too antsy and opened it from the plastic packaging. I guess I lose this round. Unless anyone has any recommendations of course.

[quote name='SX0T']I'm kinda pi**ed that it is the stupid DVD size case for the DVD/Blu. I don't think I can do a return either since I had the preorder and I'm not sure how a return on that works out. Also I got too antsy and opened it from the plastic packaging. I guess I lose this round. Unless anyone has any recommendations of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had this problem with Toy Story 1 and 2, opened them before I noticed I got the wrong ones.

They gave me the the dvd version too... **** Well anyone know when amazon will have it in for trade in? I kinda want to trilogy instead.

There is a Spanish version? I accidentally picked that up today at Best Buy. I was confused on why the cover said El Rey Leon and The Lion King. I got used to Nintendo having both English and Spanish on the back and thought Disney is doing that too.

Then, I saw the tag said "Latin". I didn't open it yet so I drove back to Best Buy and did an exchange for an English version. btw, I was about to use the 5 dollars off coupon on the 2 disc set.

Anyone else get the Trilogy version? I loved Lion King 2, so I just had to get it. However, I'm VERY dissapointed in the packaging of this set. The outer box is nice enough, but the "drum" is very cheesy, and all the discs are just in a cardboard file inside the drum. Unless you are extremely crazy like me and need TLK2 right now, I'd say just wait for the individual releases.

I'm just happy I preordered from my Best Buy. I immediately took all 3 blu-ray copies of the movies out of the cardboard sleeve of crap, put them in the steelbook case, and I'll display them that way.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Anyone get the coupon to work on the lunch box edition at BB?

It would be $29.99 before tax![/QUOTE]

Their ad specifically shows the $5 coupon working with the lunch box to bring the price down to $29.99.

Cool beans thank you!

I was sick yesterday so I never made it out. It seems many stores have sold out of that edition.

Can we use this coupon to buy the movie online? I want the Target exclusive that comes with the soundtrack, but I can't find it in any of their stores. :(

I went to TRU yesterday and got the Blu/DVD pack for $10.59 but then realized it was the DVD-sized case when I got home. I decided to return it and get the 3D pack (yes the case size is that big of a deal) and I expected to pay the $7 difference between the two. However, the return/exchange were split into two receipt and I wound up getting it for even cheaper than expected. The new receipt was for $5.30 so I got the 3D 4-disc pack, poster and Cars 2 pre-order for $15.89. Looking at the receipts, I still can't figure out how I got that total.

And if I cancel the Cars 2 pre-order, I should get $5 back, right? Or will it cancel the $10 discount and I'll actually owe $5? I kind of feel evil for using the system against itself.

[quote name='Shadow360']Can we use this coupon to buy the movie online? I want the Target exclusive that comes with the soundtrack, but I can't find it in any of their stores. :([/QUOTE]

No
Can only be used in store.

I bought the Blu-ray/DVD combo at TRU for $14.99 after the $5 off Disney coupon. What is this about "DVD-sized case"? Is that just the plastic case is NOT a typical Blu-ray case but instead is the taller DVD case?

[quote name='cheapfrag']I bought the Blu-ray/DVD combo at TRU for $14.99 after the $5 off Disney coupon. What is this about "DVD-sized case"? Is that just the plastic case is NOT a typical Blu-ray case but instead is the taller DVD case?[/QUOTE]

Yes, studios are now going the other way to get the attention of the DVD people -- instead of the DVD being the extra disc that comes with a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray is the extra disc that comes with a DVD. It's the same thing, just in a DVD case. I've seen it done as bargain titles for movies like Speed.

I've got a couple of questions on this latest Disney release - does the coupon on Target.com for $5 off select Disney blus work on Lion King automatically (haven't been able to print the coupon so I have no idea what it looks like or says)?

Is the Target exclusive in a special red slipcase packaging? The guy was trying to convince me that all the 3D 4 disc combo packs had the exclusive Target soundtrack...but usually there's at least a sticker indicating the "Target exclusive".

Are there any other coupons besides the Subway $5 off, the Target $5 off, and the DMR $5 off?

[quote name='karkyco']I've got a couple of questions on this latest Disney release - does the coupon on Target.com for $5 off select Disney blus work on Lion King automatically (haven't been able to print the coupon so I have no idea what it looks like or says)?

Is the Target exclusive in a special red slipcase packaging? The guy was trying to convince me that all the 3D 4 disc combo packs had the exclusive Target soundtrack...but usually there's at least a sticker indicating the "Target exclusive".

Are there any other coupons besides the Subway $5 off, the Target $5 off, and the DMR $5 off?[/QUOTE]

Just printed it -
but only for Princess and the Frog & Beauty & Beast

[quote name='karkyco']

[/QUOTE]

all the ones at the target i went to had the sticker, but also they were the only place i saw the red package.

Success. Hunted down the Lunch Box edition.

Coupon worked, but they would not allow me to use my $15 RZ certificate. They considered tha double dipping. I didn't think that would count, but oh well. I can always use that $15 on something else further down the road.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Success. Hunted down the Lunch Box edition.

Coupon worked, but they would not allow me to use my $15 RZ certificate. They considered tha double dipping. I didn't think that would count, but oh well. I can always use that $15 on something else further down the road.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

That's complete BS. RZ certs are treated like CASH. I am dumbfounded by that.

I'm debating if I want the lunchbox edition.....hmmm.

[quote name='doubledown']That's complete BS. RZ certs are treated like CASH. I am dumbfounded by that.

I'm debating if I want the lunchbox edition.....hmmm.[/QUOTE]

^^^this!^^^
It's a FORM OF PAYMENT, not a coupon/discount.

Call to 888-bestbuy to complain/report might just net you GC for your trouble...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm not alone in thinking rz certs are a form of payment.

Dude told me it was a coupon. Not just that, but the $5 coupon states "not to be combined with other offers" and i was dumbfounded. He used that as a counter to my "certs are a form of payment" statement.

I ended up getting the LunchBox. My store had at least 4 left. I looked on EBAY and they sell for $15 at least in case I don't want the LB. I used my coupon, my $10 RZ coupon and a $15 GC.....not bad.

bread's done
Back