List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care who you are, just take the 10 seconds to say "thank you, I used the code" THAT I GOT FOR FREE DUE TO THE KINDNESS OF A STRANGER! :bomb: Savages, I tell you.

too bad there isn't a way to do what other forums sometimes have, where you can post a code or link or something in a hidden part - kinda the same thing as when you post codes or quotes or things- but only registered users would be able to see it, and lurkers would only see "you must register to see the contents of this" or something like that.

[quote name='saphris']too bad there isn't a way to do what other forums sometimes have, where you can post a code or link or something in a hidden part - kinda the same thing as when you post codes or quotes or things- but only registered users would be able to see it, and lurkers would only see "you must register to see the contents of this" or something like that.[/QUOTE]

allready have that in the "members only thread" but that don´t stop the lurkers. They just subscribe the thread,again take the codes,and don´t thank you NEVER! They just can´t be stopped lol they are like cockroachs,you keept cruching them and they just don´t die! :roll:

[quote name='Bloomy']

If someone doesn't want their drop taken by a lurker, they can post saying they'll PM it to the first poster to reply.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

True, but i know from personal experience that i dont want to post up a code notice for pms, then get bombarded by more than five pms just for one code, and have to respond to all, and then respond to those replies that they send back. and then there will be that occational person who comes by that thread after its dead and still be pming me about it. lol

[quote name='saphris']True, but i know from personal experience that i dont want to post up a code notice for pms, then get bombarded by more than five pms just for one code, and have to respond to all, and then respond to those replies that they send back. and then there will be that occational person who comes by that thread after its dead and still be pming me about it. lol[/QUOTE]

He actually said that the first person to reply to the code holder's post would be PMed by the code holder.

[quote name='kuda']I added that a while back.[/QUOTE]

"awhile" is one word. It's buried among the older past posts, so re-posted. What's the problem???

[quote name='Pekin Duck']"awhile" is one word. It's buried among the older past posts, so re-posted. What's the problem???[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction. And nothing is wrong with re-posting.

[quote name='Pekin Duck']"awhile" is one word. It's buried among the older past posts, so re-posted. What's the problem???[/QUOTE]

Actually in this case it is 'a while' which is a length of time (noun), as opposed to 'awhile' which is a verb. Don't be so quick to try and correct people on their grammar when the correction is wrong.

Sorry for posting this here, but it really this does get on my nerves sometime.

[quote name='chapnis']Actually in this case it is 'a while' which is a length of time (noun), as opposed to 'awhile' which is a verb. Don't be so quick to try and correct people on their grammar when the correction is wrong.

Sorry for posting this here, but it really this does get on my nerves sometime.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='chapnis']...'awhile' which is a verb.[/QUOTE]'Awhile' is an adverb, not a verb.

a while (noun) = "an amount of time"
awhile (adverb) = "for some amount of time"

"I slept for a while before dinner."

"I slept awhile before dinner."

[quote name='eugaet']'Awhile' is an adverb, not a verb.

a while (noun) = "an amount of time"
awhile (adverb) = "for some amount of time"

"I slept for a while before dinner."
"I slept awhile before dinner."[/QUOTE]

Although not the place for it, I didn't know this and I thank you for the quick lesson! Always down for learning something new!

let´s change the Thread title for :
List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content and some Grammar Lessons for the people ! What do you think ?! :bouncy:
I will take some lessons,please, since i´m portuguese!

If we're going to start correcting grammar and spelling on the web, then we're in for a VERY long haul. I often wonder what is being taught in schools these day. The grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc is absoluetly atrocious on the web anymore. It's really quite sad. I can understand and accept people who have English as a second language, but these kids who don't even make an attempt are hard to take seriously.

[quote name='PottyPops']If we're going to start correcting grammar and spelling on the web, then we're in for a VERY long haul. I often wonder what is being taught in schools these day. The grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc is absoluetly atrocious on the web anymore. It's really quite sad. I can understand and accept people who have English as a second language, but these kids who don't even make an attempt are hard to take seriously.[/QUOTE]

As the father of a teenager, I can honestly say that the human race is doomed.

[quote name='zombieking779']Must find the Verizon ad.[/QUOTE]

The first time those words have ever been said in that order ;). Speaking of Avatar props, is it just me or do they just about never show up when looking at friends?

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']The first time those words have ever been said in that order ;). Speaking of Avatar props, is it just me or do they just about never show up when looking at friends?[/QUOTE]

It's not just you.

[quote name='uhnsk']Wish I could find the Verizon ad on the dashboard beta...[/QUOTE]

Same Here. The only ads I see on the dashboard beta are for FunLabs & Kinect Sports. Hope that changes soon.

For those in Xbox LIVE Fall Update Beta...

Dashboard => Beta Tab => More => Happy Wars. Enjoy!

Happy Wars Beta.

[quote name='mchronix']For those in Xbox LIVE Fall Update Beta...

Happy Wars Beta.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I didn't even notice the beta section lol

Happy Wars Beta.[/QUOTE]

No way! That's awesome, thanks!

Happy Wars Beta.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, Thanks!

(this will be the first f2p XBL game, by the way, so the full game will be free if gold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back