List of Free Playstation Network items (NON-HOME ITEMS)

PSN Update. Not much, just 3 Resistance 3 add-ons.

Resistance 3 The Legacy Grenade
Resistance 3 SPRA Black Ops Skin
Resistance 3 Infected Nathan Hale Skin and Taunt

[quote name='AionTelos']It would be nice to know about premium themes in the jpn store. Like the ones for Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

If the theme is free and you want to see more of them from the PSN post it in it own category (for the JPN Store) and maybe more people will add what they know.

Dont know how many of you know, but if you open the ps3 web browser, and go to sites like http://www.ps3-themes.com/, you can dl tons of free themes for the ps3, some of which are animated. Ive tried it myself with no ill effects on my system. Just find the one you like click more then download, and bam! free theme.

[quote name='Jason_rb']Free QORE episodes (singles). There are always Free items inside like themes and avitars etc...[/QUOTE]

Really? I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

[quote name='Trufatty']how often will this list get updated?[/QUOTE]
Zonic505 is right:
[quote name='Zonic505']Pretty much every week or so, depending on if there's any free items that get added to PSN that week.[/QUOTE]
Also I will be attempting withing the next few weeks to go through all the previous Playstation Network updates to find all the free DLC that is in the Store.

[quote name='Trufatty']i would like to add some items[/QUOTE]

To have itmes added you can either edit the OP yourself (it is a wiki to allow this) or you can pm what you want to add and I will do it.

Whenever I have some free time, I'll go through every game listing under "View All by Title" in the Playstation Store to find any old or forgotten freebies. update: all done

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Sonic The Hedgehog dynamic theme and a Dragon dynamic theme. They were free, but I'm PS+. I will check to see if they are for PS+.

Is it the Sonic 4 one that has sounds from the game when you move around the menu? If so, that's free for just PS+, but available for everyone else for a price. I think we were keeping this list limited to things that're free for everyone, not just PS+ members (especially since the free content changes every so often).

[quote name='Zonic505']Is it the Sonic 4 one that has sounds from the game when you move around the menu? If so, that's free for just PS+, but available for everyone else for a price. I think we were keeping this list limited to things that're free for everyone, not just PS+ members (especially since the free content changes every so often).[/QUOTE]

Yes. That's the 1. I wasn't sure, that's why I said I'd check. I haven't gotten on my PS3, yet.

Adding the following items:

UFC Undisputed 3: Ultimate Fights Rivals Pack
UFC Undisputed 3: Ultimate Fights Submission Pack
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Theme

What are the chances that a game's DLC will become free? I am interested in the Bioshock 2 add-ons and I know they have been on sale according to an internet search.

Just to confirm there was not any dlc packed in any version of the game right? There was only a PO bonus for a couple of character correct?

[quote name='slowdive21']What are the chances that a game's DLC will become free? I am interested in the Bioshock 2 add-ons and I know they have been on sale according to an internet search.

Just to confirm there was not any dlc packed in any version of the game right? There was only a PO bonus for a couple of character correct?[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any DLC that went from paid to free, but I have seen some go from free to paid. As for the PO bonus I don't remember any in-game DLC, but there was a PO from Amazon to get Big Daddy outfits for Playstation Home.

Finally, I got all the free stuff found under "View All by Title"

I also noticed that many demos that used to exist in the Playstation Store are now gone.:bs:

[quote name='LouieT']Finally, I got all the free stuff found under "View All by Title"

I also noticed that many demos that used to exist in the Playstation Store are now gone.:bs:[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for helping out with this thread :D. It is weird that they removed demos, unless they are trying to save space on their servers.

[quote name='Zonic505']It seems Touch My Katamari will have DLC, some of which will be free. The 1st batch of DLC is suppose to be coming out in early March. Once the free DLC is released, I'll add it to the list.

For that matter, we'll need to add a Vita section to the 1st post once it's released.[/QUOTE]

Along with a Vita section I am thinking of eithe making anchors to make it easier to jump to each section or put each section (PS3 Games, PS3 DLC, PS3 Themes, ect. would each be their own s section) into spoiler to make it easier to find the section you are looking for.

Yeah, that would be a good idea to help organize the post & make it easier to search for something. The free Xbox Live Marketplace items thread does the same thing, separating avatar items, add-ons, etc. Perhaps put spoilers for each system as well (PS3, PSP, & Vita), then have spoilers for each section (add-ons, games, & themes)

[quote name='Gamer44']It is weird that they removed demos, unless they are trying to save space on their servers.[/QUOTE]
My guess:
Most of those demos came from incomplete, unfinished versions of games. Game companies may not have been comfortable with a demo from unfinished work still available, so they probably asked to take down those demos after the final version of the game came out.

PS Vita section now included. Only added 3 games, but included DLC & Themes sub-section for when there's free ones for Vita. Also added:

Hyperdimention Neptunia mk2: Allowance
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2: Beginner Item Set
Brisk Wars Darth Maul Theme
Brisk Wars Yoda Theme
SSX Theme 1
Touch My Katamari: Download Request #1: Snowman!
Touch My Katamari: Download Request #2: Shopping

Following content added:

Army Corps of Hell: Pumpkin Equipment Set
Elevator Action HD: Additional Stage 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: Elite Theme
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2: Mobile Treasury
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2: Histoire's Rations
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2: What Recession?

Also, from now until next week, if you vote for each category in the PSN Gamers' Choice Awards 2012, you get a free theme FOR EACH VOTE/CATEGORY. There's 10 categories/themes total.

Arise from the dead!

Updated with all free stuff release in March. It was mostly DLC for Tales of Graces f, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, along with freebies for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and Street Fighter X Tekken.

The free version of Motorstorm RC for Vita is still available! It won't be free forever so download it now, even if you don't have a Vita but plan to get one. It will stay in your Download List.

OP updated with the free stuff from April, including a ton of crap from Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, and a few things for Street Fighter X Tekken, SSX, Ninja Gaiden 3, and SoulCalibur V.

Also 2 free things for Vita: Treasures of Montezuma Blitz and Paint Park.

I'll try to keep this updated weekly or bi-weekly for now on.

May 1 freebies:

2 more free vehicles for Motorstorm RC:
SPECIAL Big Rig - Wombat Wanderer
SPECIAL Super Car - Voodoo Firecracker

Skip for Stardrone Extreme is now free.

The Cinco de Mayo costume for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 is up for free until next week.

Episodes 39 through 47 of the digital magazine Qore are all now free. On top of that, episode 47 includes a link to the Arqade minigames that were includes with some Qore episodes. The download link to Arqade minigames is though the Playstation Store link inside of episode 47.
Although not new, episodes 7 and 11 are also free.

If you didn't know, there will no longer be any new episodes of Qore. 47 was the very last episode.

Vita version of Motorstorm RC is still free.

Some games that are free for PS Plus subscribers for a limited time:

Castlevania: SOTN
Castlevania Chronicles
Awesomenauts
Trine 2
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims (Minis)
Velocity (Minis)

Also, Pixeljunk 4 AM Beta.

May 8 update:

Priced things changed to free:

Uncharted 2:
Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
Golden Weapons
PlayStation Heroes Pack
Sidekick Skin Pack
Siege Expansion Pack

New free stuff:

Motorstorm RC:
SPECIAL Buggy - Nord Ram

SoulCalibur V:
Cepheus Compatibility Pack 3

Street Fighter X Tekken:
Color Palette Add-On 3
Special Color Palette 2

Reality Fighters:
Weapons Pack

New free stuff for May 15:

Max Payne 3:
Gorilla Warfare Loadout Pack

Motorstorm RC:
SPECIAL Big Rig - Castro Shanty

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13:
Origin Hybrid Club
Pro Athlete Foursome
Pro Athlete Pack
Wal-Mart Club Pack

Yakuza Dead Souls:
The Densetsu Pack
The Patriot Pack

First, the free DLC for Uncharted 2 will go back to being priced on June 26. That is the same day that download versions of Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 GOTY will be in the Playstation Store.

New free stuff for May 22:
ModNation Racers Dynamic Theme will be free for only one week, part of the ModNation Racers sale.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2:
Skill Pack

Motorstorm RC:
SPECIAL Race Truck - Ozutsu Outboard

Soul Calibur V:
Cepheus Compatibility Pack 4

Dragon Age Theme (from the animated movie Dawn of the Seeker)

Vita version of Motorstorm RC is still free

Only 3 new free things for May 29:

Mass Effect 3:
Rebellion Multiplayer Expansion

niconico app for Vita

Hustle Kings for Vita:
Crazy Table Pack: Basement Crazy

Rinse, repeat...
Only 3 new things for June 5:

Soul Calibur V:
Cepheus Compatibility Pack 5

Street Fighter X Tekken:
Boost Gem Trial Pack 3
Color Palette Add-On 4

2 new things for June 12, both add-ons yet again:

Disgaea 4:
Baal

Wheels of Destruction:
Moscovian Mayhem

3 new things for June 19:

Modern Warfare 3:
Free Drop 1: Erosion/Aground
This was released last Wednesday.

Atelier Meruru:
Makina Domain

Soul Calibur V:
Cepheus Compatibility Pack 6

Summer Solstice Costume for LittleBigPlanet is available again for free for one week.

This is the last week to get the DLC for Uncharted 2 for free. After next Tuesday, they will go back to being sold at a price.

4 games with new free add-ons and a free Vita app for June 26:

Gran Turismo 5:
Scion FR-S '12

LittleBigPlanet 2:
Summer Seasonal Creator Kit, only available for one week

Mass Effect 3:
Extended Cut

Record of Agarest War 2:
Unlock Character Galleries
Novice Hunter's Survival Pack
Add-on Dungeon 1 Lucrellia
Bonus Point Pack 1

YouTube app for Vita

The multiplayer add-ons for Uncharted 2 are no longer free.

bread's done
Back