Little Big Planet Thread - DLC and CAG levels discussion

I just published my second level and thought I'd throw it on here to have some CAGs check it out.
PSN ID: Axylotl
Level Name: The Cave

It's not quite as complicated as I wanted it to be, I was going to make more to it, but in the end I just thew in the trebuchet from my other level instead of a second section. Enjoy!

Did the MGS pack come with those levels we see in the trailer? Or any full levels?

Edit: Anyone here teamed up online to build a level?

They come with the levels you see in the trailer. They're sorta full, but I guess I'm not understanding you correctly. Be warned though that there is some sort of data loss thing going on right now with these levels, so you might want to hold off on them for now. But it seems to be affecting everything, not just these levels.

But there is no online level creation as of yet.

I am looking forward to trying out all the CAG levels after this game gets opened Christmas morning. Thanks for putting everything in one thread!

So is everybody experiencing the problem with the MGS packs? Is it just the level pack or the costume pack? I was going to purchase it today, but I'm going to take KingBroly's advice and wait it out.

[quote name='KingBroly']They come with the levels you see in the trailer. They're sorta full, but I guess I'm not understanding you correctly. Be warned though that there is some sort of data loss thing going on right now with these levels, so you might want to hold off on them for now. But it seems to be affecting everything, not just these levels.

But there is no online level creation as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the warning and the info. Yes, we really wanted to play the premade level we saw in the trailer so thats all I wanted to know is that it was available to play if I got this pack. Can you tell me is it just one premade level or more than one? Also could I play it if a buddy had it and I joined his pod?

[quote name='advanced']So is everybody experiencing the problem with the MGS packs? Is it just the level pack or the costume pack? I was going to purchase it today, but I'm going to take KingBroly's advice and wait it out.[/quote]
I haven't had any problems with it.

[quote name='BREVITY']Thank you for the warning and the info. Yes, we really wanted to play the premade level we saw in the trailer so thats all I wanted to know is that it was available to play if I got this pack. Can you tell me is it just one premade level or more than one? Also could I play it if a buddy had it and I joined his pod?[/quote]
5 levels and yes, if you join someone with it, you can play the levels.

So far, the only progess I've lost is that I no longer have act 5 aced, but I already have the trophy, so no big deal.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']MGS Survival challenge + me = :cry:[/QUOTE]

What is your high score so far? Mine is around 1700 points, which is about half what i will need for the trophy.

[quote name='jonlubbe']What is your high score so far? Mine is around 1700 points, which is about half what i will need for the trophy.[/quote]

I did it with 4 people and we barely got above 4000.

[quote name='jonlubbe']What is your high score so far? Mine is around 1700 points, which is about half what i will need for the trophy.[/quote]

Just over 3000... by myself. :[

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I did it with 4 people and we barely got above 4000.[/quote]

So you got the trophy while playing it with others? You can do that? :O

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I did it with 4 people and we barely got above 4000.[/QUOTE]

is it one of those 'one person dies, the entire party goes down out of sympathy' things?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']
So you got the trophy while playing it with others? You can do that? :O[/quote]
Yes

[quote name='jonlubbe']is it one of those 'one person dies, the entire party goes down out of sympathy' things?[/quote]
No

Should I ask creation questions here, or in the original thread?

Here's the question: Is there a way to change how the various materials are organized in the popit? Meaning, I would like to have them organized by theme, rather than by when I got them (I think this is how it's done now). All the MGS stuff together, all the Wilderness stuff, etc. Barring this, is there anywhere online that they've kind of organized what's in it? Like, jpgs of all the materials and objects? I'm finding it a huge pain to get to what I want, and to know that it will fit well in the theme of my level.

Still haven't published anything yet...everything I've done so far is crap! I'll get something up sooner or later. I was thinking of doing a Screaming Mantis or a Raging Raven type of level. Act 5 of MGS4 would make a cool level, I would think.

[quote name='orko60']Should I ask creation questions here, or in the original thread?

Here's the question: Is there a way to change how the various materials are organized in the popit? Meaning, I would like to have them organized by theme, rather than by when I got them (I think this is how it's done now). All the MGS stuff together, all the Wilderness stuff, etc. Barring this, is there anywhere online that they've kind of organized what's in it? Like, jpgs of all the materials and objects? I'm finding it a huge pain to get to what I want, and to know that it will fit well in the theme of my level.

Still haven't published anything yet...everything I've done so far is crap! I'll get something up sooner or later. I was thinking of doing a Screaming Mantis or a Raging Raven type of level. Act 5 of MGS4 would make a cool level, I would think.[/quote]

Square button. In that menu you can switch to theme or category.

Finally found this thread. COUPLE THINGS:

1) I've made a couple levels, none too good but i need to get the 10 hearts on a level, 5 hearts on a creator, and 50/30, so...y'know....PSN is NACHO....*nudhe nudge*

2) I need to get the 4 person on your buddy list trophy, so if anyone wants to set that up with me that'd be awesome.

3) The only MGS trophy i'm missing is the Quickfire artist thing. No matter how much i try, i can't do it =/.

4) If anyone wants to try and ace all levels and get all gifts, i still have a week and a half of vacation. ;)

[quote name='the_punisher']
3) The only MGS trophy i'm missing is the Quickfire artist thing. No matter how much i try, i can't do it =/.[/QUOTE]

If you or anyone else is having trouble with the Quickfire Artiste trophy, you should try out the level I made to help people out. It's my one and only level and hopefully I can ride it strait to the Create trophy so please heart me and the level. To find it just search for GonzoMoe; my level is called "QuickFire Artiste Trophy Room."

How the hell can you make a level to help the QuickFire artist trophy? I got it RIGHT when I picked up the gun, I'm a pro at button presses (undefeatable in the original Mario Parties)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How the hell can you make a level to help the QuickFire artist trophy? I got it RIGHT when I picked up the gun, I'm a pro at button presses (undefeatable in the original Mario Parties)[/quote]

was wondering the same >_

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Square button. In that menu you can switch to theme or category.[/quote]

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

To that other guy who can't get the button-pressing one...that's the only one I DO have! Easiest thing ever. Didn't you ever play Track and Field 2? (or 1)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How the hell can you make a level to help the QuickFire artist trophy? I got it RIGHT when I picked up the gun, I'm a pro at button presses (undefeatable in the original Mario Parties)[/QUOTE]

The level is just a room with a target that has a life bar of 40 hits. It also disappears after 5.2 seconds and a new target is emitted. So as soon as you see the target, you have about 5 seconds to get its life bar down to zero. I gave an extra .2 seconds for reaction time of the player. The level is just there to let the player visually see how close they are to the trophy. The trophy is really difficult for some people to get and the level did help me out.

I got Quickfire Artiste on moe's stage. I did the table technique where I ran the R1 button across a tabletop. I was so happy.

My top score in the VR Survival Challenge by myself is 2422 I believe. We barely got it with 3 people, although there is a video of someone doing it by themselves.

I finally beat the game and got those basic trophies, and also beat the VR challenge finally (i think i got 3900 before i died). Guna go try out your level now moe, thanks. Heart me (NACHO)- GOING FOR PLATINUM!

Update: Took me over 10 min, but i got it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got this game two days ago and have been enjoying it immensely. I've spent just as much time (if not more) watching tutorials and building stuff as I have played the single player game.

If anyone is looking for something to do (or critique, more specifically), I published my first level, called "jump man!". It's centered around jumping (a stretch, I know), and is intended to be challenging. So far it's been tagged as rubbish and repetitive, but if anyone is in the mood to give a two-, or maybe even three-word critique of it, I'd be greatly appreciative!

I was able to play LittleDeadSpace with a friend, and the design on that level is amazing.

I just looked at the metal gear sackboys and was a little dissapointed. I don't think they should have done Meryl and Raiden. I know its supposed to be a MGS4 pack or whatever, but I would have liked to have seen gray fox and The Boss instead. Hopefully in the future more metal gear goodness will come out. As soon as I get down to Bestbuy I am going to trade in the Bioshock I got for Christmas with this.

Can you put in your custom soundtracks on the levels you have made?

Just published my first level...

It is pretty awful but I'd really appreciate some CAG play-throughs and hearts so I could get the rest of these trophies...

Level is titled "A for Effort?"

I have a few questions
How would you do a random number generator? I was thinking that i could spin a wheel with a magnetic trigger on it, and when it stops it triggers one of X switches around the wheel, but that seems like it could be problematic, or not random enough.

Also, I was thinking of doing a bust-a-move/puzzle bobble themed level, is there any ways to get things to stick when hit (as if velcro was involved?)
[edit] Oh, I could just have the entire play field inverted, that could probably work, now to figure out the 3 of a kind destruction [/edit]

Sorry, one more question, in a level i did, I have blocks falling on you, how would i have those blocks be worth points when they are destroyed, like for example, with a paint gun or something. (will whore the level out later, but not quite ready to do that yet)

Ah, I just posted this in the other thread by accident. I just published my zombie level called "The Little Dead" you win the mincer on a perfect playthrough! :)

the mgs pack is fun but very short w/ only 5 levels. it's more worth it if you plan on creating levels with it, other than that it's a quick play but it's pretty cool to experience the paintinator.

Oh ok, because I've already experienced the paintinator in online levels even though I don't have the DLC pack, but I think I'm going to pick it up this weekend.

My level is called The Tower of Babby.

I spent over 1 month on it (like 50+ hrs), only to have Sony send me a "Your level has been moderated" message, and make it inaccessible.

I don't know what is wrong with my level, so I republished it with a slightly different name. Lost all my hearts, too.

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']So, is the MGS pack worth it?[/quote]

I would say it's only worth it if you're a creator or huge MGS fan. If you don't create any levels, and haven't found a way to play the level with a friend than it might be worth the purchase just to play through them. You do earn a costume from it so that's a nice bonus I wasn't expecting. The costume pack on the other hand I wouldn't purchase at all unless you must have everything Metal Gear, or for some reason want to look like a hybrid of Snake, Raiden and Meryl...:cool:

Just threw another quick level together for those trying to get the Share trophy it only takes about 20 secs to play...

Called "Quick Flight" by Western_Owl.

Please play and heart my levels and me so I can get platinum... I know they suck but I just want the trophy please! I have hearted and played all other people/levels of CAGs that have asked...

Ask me and I will heart you too

Hey guys I just published my first level called "Aztec (2009)" a few hours ago which is located near the North West corner of South America in the LBP globe, please check it out if you're online. Also I must mention that if you want me to check out your levels please make sure you mention what part of the globe your level is located because the LBP search engine is not that great. I played the following so far (author-level) :

ShinChibiJosh - So Much Death (HARD!!!!!)

dyeknom - The Beach

DarkNessBear - Little Dead Space
- Winkle and the Stolen Stars

el_cheezer - The Ant Hill Adventure

Axylotl - The Cave
- Trebuchet Pachin

I'll play some more later.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']Hey guys I just published my first level called "Aztec (2009)" a few hours ago which is located near the North West corner of South America in the LBP globe, please check it out if you're online. Also I must mention that if you want me to check out your levels please make sure you mention what part of the globe your level is located because the LBP search engine is not that great. I played the following so far (author-level) :

ShinChibiJosh - So Much Death (HARD!!!!!)

dyeknom - The Beach

DarkNessBear - Little Dead Space
- Winkle and the Stolen Stars

el_cheezer - The Ant Hill Adventure

Axylotl - The Cave
- Trebuchet Pachin

I'll play some more later.[/quote]

Just played the following, hearted levels, and hearted authors:

Aztec (2009) - siggy_p
The Beach - dyeknom
The Cave & Trebuchet P a c h i n k o - Axylotl

Would appreciate you doing the same.

[quote name='jonlubbe']I have a few questions
How would you do a random number generator? I was thinking that i could spin a wheel with a magnetic trigger on it, and when it stops it triggers one of X switches around the wheel, but that seems like it could be problematic, or not random enough.

Also, I was thinking of doing a bust-a-move/puzzle bobble themed level, is there any ways to get things to stick when hit (as if velcro was involved?)
[edit] Oh, I could just have the entire play field inverted, that could probably work, now to figure out the 3 of a kind destruction [/edit]

Sorry, one more question, in a level i did, I have blocks falling on you, how would i have those blocks be worth points when they are destroyed, like for example, with a paint gun or something. (will whore the level out later, but not quite ready to do that yet)[/quote]

heres a tutorial for doing a randomizer

http://forums.littlebigworkshop.com...ationgen&message.id=1233&query.id=35543#M1233

bread's done
Back