Little Big Planet Thread - DLC and CAG levels discussion

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ugh, these twenty LBP threads are confusing... can we just combine them all?[/quote]

No, there has been talk of making a 4th thread to keep up with the discussion of how great your level is though.:lol:

I have an upcoming level called LittleLittleBigPlanetPlanet...dunno when I'll finish it since I'm new to creating levels but this isn't my first attempt. I'm learning as I go and I'll post it when it's finished...

[quote name='cartman58']No, there has been talk of making a 4th thread to keep up with the discussion of how great your level is though.:lol:[/quote]

Hmmmm, I'm intrigued.

Second one should be out soon! Than I will never make another dead space level for as long as I live.

I have an upcoming level called LittleLittleBigPlanetPlanet...dunno when I'll finish it since I'm new to creating levels but this isn't my first attempt. I'm learning as I go and I'll post it when it's finished...
Awesome! I had some ideas on how to make a Little Big Planet Little Big planet level.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hmmmm, I'm intrigued.

Second one should be out soon! Than I will never make another dead space level for as long as I live.

Awesome! I had some ideas on how to make a Little Big Planet Little Big planet level.[/quote]
Yeah it's a bit of an ambitious concept for a first potentially published level...I'd actually say I'm a third of the way through but the first third is a pretty standard lbp design...it's the other two thirds I'm worried about :ziplip:.

I just started playing LBP.

Had to try out the Little Dead Space level.

I have to say, DarknessBear, your level impressed me as it showed me how deep user created levels can be and just how deep LBP is. Awesome level, great game.

Am I the only one with LBP that hasn't created a level?

I literally have not even attempted..... Maybe I should try some day, but for now playing people's levels is fun enough.

It's OTT stuff.

I've got two levels at the moment. Nothing special, just simple vehicle levels that were fairly easy to make.

Sackboy Knieval's Debut
The Wheel of Death

I'll probably work on another when I get the chance, as I'd like to make something that's a bit more in-depth.

I finally played the dead space level. I haven't played dead space so I don't necessarily follow what's going on, but all of the effects are just awesome. I also played your star level, also much better than most of what's out there, but after the dead space one it was clear you made it first.

Ya Winkle was my first level made in Beta, it's not that good. Although for my first it's pretty impressive, I was thinking of going back and fixing it up, but I like it staying the way it did showing my beginnings!

Thanks for the kind words though :)

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The Chinese New Year costumes were added last night with the new patch. They're available right now.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up - just downloaded it :)

[quote name='jgb1503']anyone got an extra nariko code lyin around? ;-)[/quote]

The codes no longer work, I believe, so it wouldn't matter if someone did. They expired in early January.

I wonder when they'll put that costume up for DLC. It's probably the best costume released so far, and it still doesn't have an icon on the LittleBigStore (Unlike Kratos).

With some tweaks, my LOST level is really coming along. It went from 3 to 4 stars this weekend with about 250 plays and about 50 hearts.

I changed the ending to a smoke monster chase. I originally tried to put it on an emitter, but for some reason, gas goes back to its green color if you use an emitter for it. But I sorted it out, and the clever feeling you get when you come up with an elegant solution to a mechanical problem rivals any puzzle game I've played.

I love that aspect of LBP level creation, where you have to plan for every contingency and adapt the level mechanics and cameras accordingling.

Anyway, check out my levels if you get a chance fellas. I'm up to four now:

LOST
Little Big Indiana Jones
Inside Your PS3
Towering Inferno (a bit rough and damn hard)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Whys everyone want the nariko costume? It isn't that great.[/quote]

I could see the hair being cool, but otherwise yeah...big shrug.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Whys everyone want the nariko costume? It isn't that great.[/QUOTE]

It is rarer then the Kratos stuff and it goes for a lot on Ebay so I can see why people want to get it for free if possible.

[quote name='Viperx116']How do you search for levels by name?[/quote]

Easier to search by builder if you're looking for something specific...not sure why.

bread's done
Back