Little big planet Vita is out today 9/14 gamestop only

akokonas

CAGiversary!
It appears Little big planet Vita is out today in the US only at gamestop. I just called two stores in chicago area and they do indeed have them for sale. The game isnt suppose to be out until 9/25 but they are selling them.

I just got my copy! A lot of the GameStops in my area were sold out already so I had to go a little out of my way, but I got one. I'm so glad they decided to sell it early!

And if it is indeed a misprint on the insert, I feel like we could hit up Sony for a code if we end up not getting the pre-order costume packs. It says:

Thank you for pre-ordering your copy of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Use the promotion code below to access the Big Daddy, Little Sister & Knights of Old costume packs for your Sackboy or Sackgirl.

So even though we didn't pre-order the game, it still says that the code can be used to access the costume packs.

[quote name='Link2999']Not 100%, but everyone who redeemed it so far only got notice of an online pass from it. I called Sony and they told me the code was ONLY for an online pass even though I insisted that the card said differently.[/QUOTE]

I'm perplexed that the same promotion offered everywhere. Usually it's GameStop OR best buy never both. I certainly hope the bonus offer isn't for everyone because that defeats the purpose of preordering.

[quote name='dgwillia006']On a side note I'm curious on something. Was planning on buying some of the costumes soon (Since i still have LBP1 and 2), and noticed on Gamestop you can still buy the Incredibles Costume Pack code.

I remember they removed it from the store a few months ago. Would a code still work in that situation?[/QUOTE]

Sir I could kiss you... After months of researching and giving up hope of never getting this DLC ever again.... (Begging sony for codes and trying to get petitions/forums to bring it back) I thought it was over.... this was removed from everything.... But I just bought it and it does indeed work so I suggest everyone try to get this.... if they only had the level and sticker pack Id be set : /

[quote name='Romeo']The store only updates once a week.[/QUOTE]
that has nothing to do with it, the game is already on the server, codes were sent out to gaming sites for review purposes, so the game is already on the server, sony could easily just put the game on psn

[quote name='new1']Sir I could kiss you... After months of researching and giving up hope of never getting this DLC ever again.... (Begging sony for codes and trying to get petitions/forums to bring it back) I thought it was over.... this was removed from everything.... But I just bought it and it does indeed work so I suggest everyone try to get this.... if they only had the level and sticker pack Id be set : /[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Holy crap I'm ordering tomorrow. Was pissed it went off the market when I was on vacation

[quote name='dgwillia006']Seriously? Holy crap I'm ordering tomorrow. Was pissed it went off the market when I was on vacation[/QUOTE]

Like every cool community costume I have ever tried to use incorporates The Incredibles somehow its ridiculous

It is out at all locations that will allow sale. I read my email today at Gamestop that says the game no longer has a street date so it can be sold immediately. So we sold it immediately..... to me!

Not sure we will see this on Tuesday on PSN based on some comments on the PS Blog. This is a must-own digital title for me, but damn Sony makes it hard. Anybody know if the preoder stuff comes with the digital version. I think digital Gravity Rush owners got the Pre-order dlc if they bought the game in the first week.

[quote name='xarthan']so far this game is great, can't wait for my bioshock costume![/QUOTE]

Did you preorder and tried your code on the receipt?

[quote name='prayformojo']Not sure we will see this on Tuesday on PSN based on some comments on the PS Blog. This is a must-own digital title for me, but damn Sony makes it hard. Anybody know if the preoder stuff comes with the digital version. I think digital Gravity Rush owners got the Pre-order dlc if they bought the game in the first week.[/QUOTE]

It's included. No one would buy digital if it wasn't.

Decided to buy it while I was down the street at Smash Burger

I got the last copy so unfortunately its gutted, but he didn't put the sticker which brings up a problem since I didn't know if I was gonna actually get to it or not so I was thinking about returning it.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Decided to buy it while I was down the street at Smash Burger

I got the last copy so unfortunately its gutted, but he didn't put the sticker which brings up a problem since I didn't know if I was gonna actually get to it or not so I was thinking about returning it.[/QUOTE]

You bought it new, period. They cannot deny you a return.

[quote name='Romeo']Did you preorder and tried your code on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

yeah i pre-ordered from GS. Code on receipt wasn't valid so i'm guessing that won't work until the 25th or tuesday. Code in insert only gave online pass so far. I'm going to wait to see if the costumes show up before i use my Receipt code

Thinking about trading in to best buy on Tuesday for the bonus 100% credit and then purchasing the digital copy. I would rather have this game digitally plus I already redeemed my code for free costumes. I wonder if it will show up in there trade in inventory since it was released early. I gotta figure it will get at least 36 with the bonus trade

Don't care for the the DLC that much. But I am very excited to play this amazing game. I get my order from newegg on Tuesday. My PSN ID is Chemshock. Hit me up if u wanna play this together. Vita needs more games like this.

PS Blog put a post that basically confirms we will not see this tomorrow on PSN, but they also confirmed that if purchased during the first week of availability both pre-order DLC packs will be included.

[quote name='prayformojo']PS Blog put a post that basically confirms we will not see this tomorrow on PSN, but they also confirmed that if purchased during the first week of availability both pre-order DLC packs will be included.[/QUOTE]

Both preorder packs? I'm only aware of one, Bioshock & Knights which seems to be offered at all retailers. GameStop prints out on the receipt so am I to assume I have an extra code?

[quote name='Romeo']Bioshock & Knights [/QUOTE]

Those are the two I was referring to, if they actually show as one on the voucher I am not sure, but those are the packs referenced on the blog post.

[quote name='prayformojo']Those are the two I was referring to, if they actually show as one on the voucher I am not sure, but those are the packs referenced on the blog post.[/QUOTE]

They are one code, they're advertised together.

Photo of the paper insert inside the case and my GS receipt code with the 'Bishock" DLC. =D

imageqwh.jpg

So is it confirmed that at GameStop you get two codes (1 in case and 1 on receipt) that give you the SAME content? BioShock costumes, knight costumes, AND online pass?

If so that would be awesome since a friend pre-ordered it and picked it up and has no need for both codes if that is indeed what they are and will give me one.

This is interesting. Earlier today or perhaps last night I wanted to see if a used LBPVita was at a GS nearby due to the $10 off code out there. I went to the website and it said it was $34.99 used and allowed me to check if there were any out there based on zip code, of course none were found.

I just went to check again and the used option is gone from the website and it says the game is not out yet. I looked in my internet history and found the URL for finding a used copy of it and when I go to it again it brings me back to the main gamestop.com page.

I never got an extra code on my receipt from my Friday purchase. Guess he didn't press the button for the code, certainly no sticker on it either..

[quote name='token2k6']I never got an extra code on my receipt from my Friday purchase. Guess he didn't press the button for the code, certainly no sticker on it either..[/QUOTE]

Did you pre-order the game or just go in and buy a copy?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Did you pre-order the game or just go in and buy a copy?[/QUOTE]

yeah, just went in and bought a copy. I thought we were talking some clerks were nice enough to hook some people up with the code or it was like a 'standard' thing. But if the code inside is all the same..no big deal!

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, just went in and bought a copy. I thought we were talking some clerks were nice enough to hook some people up with the code or it was like a 'standard' thing. But if the code inside is all the same..no big deal![/QUOTE]

From what I understand, and I am looking for confirmation of this, is that GS gave a code on the receipt that is identical to the code inside the case, the code which also acts as an online pass. The reason why this is nice for me is I have a chance to get a code for free thus allowing me to buy this game used later on when I don't have 5 new games pre-ordered (along with like 300 PS3/360/Vita games) that I "have" to play.

To answer some questions:

1) I preordered at GameStop so my receipt had the preorder DLC code.
2) I've been told the insert inside the case is a misprint and it's only an online code not the preorder DLC (and it shouldn't be IMO)
3) I have not seen the game at any retailer except GameStop

[quote name='Romeo']To answer some questions:

1) I preordered at GameStop so my receipt had the preorder DLC code.
2) I've been told the insert inside the case is a misprint and it's only an online code not the preorder DLC (and it shouldn't be IMO)
3) I have not seen the game at any retailer except GameStop[/QUOTE]

And Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlan..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1347943977&sr=1-1

Sorry if that's a repost.

Gamestop Code is costume ONLY.

It does not include Online Pass

pre order copy (1st Press) is online pass and the costume (same costume from gamestop)
my guess is later version of LBP Vita would not have costume code or something
its was kinda stupid to give us same costume DLC code

[quote name='Kstyle']Gamestop Code is costume ONLY.

pre order copy (1st Press) is online pass and the costume (same costume from gamestop)
its was kinda stupid to give us same costume DLC code[/QUOTE]But has this been confirmed somewhere though? Cause I said pretty much the EXACT same thing earlier in the thread. It's pretty common these days for the first printing of games to come with DLC. And I think the insert that comes with the game is just way too detailed for it all to be a mistake. It also comes with an expiration date, which, correct me if I'm wrong, Online Passes do NOT have.

[quote name='Kstyle']Gamestop Code is costume ONLY.

its was kinda stupid to give us same costume DLC code[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PimpLimp']But has this been confirmed somewhere though? Cause I said pretty much the EXACT same thing earlier in the thread. It's pretty common these days for the first printing of games to come with DLC. And I think the insert that comes with the game is just way too detailed for it all to be a mistake. It also comes with an expiration date, which, correct me if I'm wrong, Online Passes do NOT have.[/QUOTE]

If that's true then why even bother preordering at gamestop, and also why would gamestop even bother to print out codes?

[quote name='Romeo']If that's true then why even bother preordering at gamestop, and also why would gamestop even bother to print out codes?[/QUOTE]Good question, and one I can only speculate the answer to as of right now. Probably just a lack of communication between Sony and retailers if true. I would imagine we'll know all the details tomorrow when the store updates and they turn the servers on. But I'll be WAY too deep in Borderlands 2 to care at that point lol.

[quote name='Romeo']If that's true then why even bother preordering at gamestop, and also why would gamestop even bother to print out codes?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Gamestop have some sort of arrangement with Sony to print out online passes for used games? Maybe LBP got loaded into the system improperly and they're giving them out for new copies too.

[quote name='Ispep Aloc']Looks like Amazon shows in stock. Mine should be in tomorrow. I can't wait![/QUOTE]

Just got the email notification. My cards got stolen about a week back and never changed them on the order so the ship date got pushed back one day. Super bummed!

A couple of questions. How many CAGers bought LBP for the vita already?

I'm possibly interested in picking up the game today but only if I'll be able to play online with some CAGer folks. If I pick up the game today does anybody want to play through some levels. While LBP is fun playing solo it's even more enjoyable playing with people through the levels.

I'm seeing a lot of people post that you get a code printed on the receipt (for preordering) and you also get an insert with a code. The code inside the box unlocks online play correct?

Thanks

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']A couple of questions. How many CAGers bought LBP for the vita already?

I'm possibly interested in picking up the game today but only if I'll be able to play online with some CAGer folks. If I pick up the game today does anybody want to play through some levels. While LBP is fun playing solo it's even more enjoyable playing with people through the levels.

I'm seeing a lot of people post that you get a code printed on the receipt (for preordering) and you also get an insert with a code. The code inside the box unlocks online play correct?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Quite a few of us have it in fact. Its really a great little game.

[quote name='Kuma']Quite a few of us have it in fact. Its really a great little game.[/QUOTE]

Interested in playing from the beginning online if I pick it up today?

Does this game have voice chat?

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Just picked this up at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Was it just on the shelf? Site still says 25th, so I thought the computer would just block the sale

[quote name='dgwillia006']Was it just on the shelf? Site still says 25th, so I thought the computer would just block the sale[/QUOTE]

I saw them on the shelf today also when I went to get Borderlands 2 and Cabin in the Woods

New update is available to download as well as a PSVITA system update. Online servers are up, but I still cannot download costumes.

Grabbed a copy from gamestop but didn't get the costume pack on the receipt. I stopped back at another gamestop and was told that I couldn't get it since they broke street date. I asked even if the signage in store says get the costume pack if you preorder it by the 25th and the employee said, yup and sorry. He then took my receipt and reprinted with the code. wtf! I now remember why I don't tend to shop at gamestop.

Who wants to play online right now?

Just a heads up, corporate sent an email today to GameStop:

The insert IS A MISPRINT. the code inside is for the online pass only. The only way to get the preorder DLC is the code on your sales receipt.

bread's done
Back