Little big planet Vita is out today 9/14 gamestop only

akokonas

CAGiversary!
It appears Little big planet Vita is out today in the US only at gamestop. I just called two stores in chicago area and they do indeed have them for sale. The game isnt suppose to be out until 9/25 but they are selling them.

Glad to know i didnt have my hopes up on that code. On a side note, can confirm my Best Buy was selling the game.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Was it just on the shelf? Site still says 25th, so I thought the computer would just block the sale[/QUOTE]
Yes. It was on the end cap by the display Vita. No problems at checkout.

does anyone know if we pre ordered from newegg if we are receiving the pre order bonus? if not no biggie since we got a 10 dollar discount :D

[quote name='dgwillia006']Glad to know i didnt have my hopes up on that code. On a side note, can confirm my Best Buy was selling the game.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You in NYC?

Got mine. Add me if you're looking for people to play with and get the multiplier bubbles. (just let me know why you're adding me)

I got my email codes from Amazon last night. Oddly enough they also sent a $5 gift card my way for apologizing for the change in shipping date.

While the Best Buy site shows Pre-Order, it also shows all the BB in Houston to have it in Stock right now. Store pickup (from online ordering) is not available but Check In Store supply says they do have it.....so it's not a mistake.

Edit: Nope...went to Gulfgate & Galleria locations and they didn't have them. It must be the way items show up if they havent come out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ispep Aloc']I got my email codes from Amazon last night. Oddly enough they also sent a $5 gift card my way for apologizing for the change in shipping date.[/QUOTE]

"Hi, Amazon here. We're sorry we sent you a product a week early. Here's $5."

[quote name='BrownThunder']Did anyone get theirs from Newegg? Does it come with the preorder codes?[/QUOTE]

it came with a piece of paper that says it's the preorder DLC but shows up as an online pass when i redeem it. havent played it yet.

Good news and bad news......

I went back to Gulfgate location and told them what the deal was and showed the reply from BB Facebook page (stated there should be an update soon). They sold me the game but I didn't get the costumes since it wasn't actually a pre-order. Traded in old games and Sleeping Dogs for $120 credit and got LBPV and $50 PSN card.

Houston Gulfgate location is now selling it.

God I love best buy.

I went to pick up my game today (After a 30 minute trade in). Got to customer service, guy says "I dont think thats out yet...", goes back to the Game Department, and after dissapearing for about 10 minutes, comes back and says "Sorry, we cant sell that to you" and pulls all the copies off the floor.

Needless to say I'm pissed (And pretty sure the guy behind me who was buying it too was too). Didnt feel like arguing today, but i plan to go back tomorrow with some proof they can sell it

Was originally going to buy mine from Amazon, but then Gamestop started selling it. Asked a CSR if he could do anything for me like at least upgrade me to 1-day shipping, he told me no. I asked if I cancelled my order if he could give me the preorder codes, he said no. I asked and said if I preordered it to get the codes and then returned it if I would have to pay for shipping, he told me I wouldn't have to because of the situation. Long story short, bought it at Gamestop Day 1, got an apology email from Amazon with the codes and $5 for the trouble. My order was getting ready to be shipped, but I was able to cancel it before they did, so I didn't even need to bother with shipping. I really wish I could have gave my business to Amazon rather than Gamestop (I buy something from Amazon every week anyways, so it's not a huge deal), but I feel like they could have handled this one better in terms of shipping (the $5 was unexpected and a nice surprise).

Just chiming in to say this is the first game that improves on the PS3 while retaining everything great about it's console counterpart.

I understand the need to review something critically but having skipped the last LBP I just couldn't believe how many features go put into this game while retaining the graphics and production value of its console counterpart. It's bittersweet because its going to reveal all these upcoming crappy ports (Madden) for they are.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Just chiming in to say this is the first game that improves on the PS3 while retaining everything great about it's console counterpart.

I understand the need to review something critically but having skipped the last LBP I just couldn't believe how many features go put into this game while retaining the graphics and production value of its console counterpart. It's bittersweet because its going to reveal all these upcoming crappy ports (Madden) for they are.[/QUOTE]
+1
Even if you did not enjoy the prior iterations, I'd say give this a try. The touch screen, gyroscope, back touch screen as forms of input raise this game to a new level. Couple that with high production values, cross-buy with prior versions, and I'd say this is a must have for anybody with a Vita.

[quote name='dragonjud']+1
Even if you did not enjoy the prior iterations, I'd say give this a try. The touch screen, gyroscope, back touch screen as forms of input raise this game to a new level. Couple that with high production values, cross-buy with prior versions, and I'd say this is a must have for anybody with a Vita.[/QUOTE]Ditto. And the fact that there's SO many mini games that you and a friend can play off a single Vita, it really gives you the chance to show the system and the game off to others.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Ditto. And the fact that there's SO many mini games that you and a friend can play off a single Vita, it really gives you the chance to show the system and the game off to others.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of the mini games I loved the first one, the 'whack a sackboy'. So entertaining!

Question:

I know they said you can use costumes you bought for LBP2 for the Vita version but do you have to have LBP2 save files in order to make this feature work? I saw on the PSN Store that there were Muppets costumes for LBP2 but I don't have that game. If I were to buy the costumes, would they even work/show up on the Vita version since I don't own or have any save files from LBP2 (other than costume save files).

Is anyone else still waiting for their NewEgg order to ship? Mine has been in "packaging" since Tuesday morning. Maybe they are actually out of stock?

[quote name='ryne candy']Question:

I know they said you can use costumes you bought for LBP2 for the Vita version but do you have to have LBP2 save files in order to make this feature work? I saw on the PSN Store that there were Muppets costumes for LBP2 but I don't have that game. If I were to buy the costumes, would they even work/show up on the Vita version since I don't own or have any save files from LBP2 (other than costume save files).[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that it'll show up in your purchase history on your Vita and let you download it from there, sort of like cross play.

[quote name='BrownThunder']Did anyone get theirs from Newegg? Does it come with the preorder codes?[/QUOTE]

mine came in yesterday

Fuuuck, this sucks, although it's entirely my fault. I was going to pre-order on Amazon to get the costumes and I thought I still had time since the official street date isn't until the 25th but it looks like they went ahead and started selling them now too, so now I missed the pre-order bonus. Ah well, maybe I'll use the credit I was going to use towards this for a 32 GB card and wait for a price drop/sale.

bread's done
Back