Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fatboyjam']Thanks for all your hard work maintaining this thread. It’s always a helpful resource.

I like the suggestions to include review links (Metacritic); it's not essential, but it'd certainly be handy.

One suggestion I have would require some off-thread work from others, but I think it would be a great addition to connect the games that go on sale to the communities of CAGs that are playing them. I would have picked up a few more games had I known there was a good group of people regularly playing them.

There are a couple of groups that are setup well for games (COD, CAG Fighter), but it's pretty cumbersome for most games. For a while, I’ve wanted to help redo the Xbox Live gaming threads to make it much easier to find other CAGs. If anybody else is interested in developing a new, easy-to-find structure for group gamertags, game nights and the like, PM me and maybe this is something we can add to the CAG community this year.[/QUOTE]

Definitely would be a good thing if we could get something like this going for the multiplayer centric games, like Monday Night Combat or Lara Croft GoL.

I only bought Lair of the Shadow Broker during the past week. Had I not been stupid when the other ME2 DLC came out I would have bought them on sale this week as well. Also got the free theme, glasses, and the Zombie mask when it was free.

Really like this thread, thought 2010 had some good deals and hope 2011 brings some awesome deals as well. Appreciate all the work that goes into maintaining this kind of thread.

Also wish xbox.com didn't change the way they did stuff making it harder for you reddjoey to maintain the Xbox Live Marketplace thread, cause I really like that thread and thought you did a great job on it.

The SWTFU2 DLC is still showing up at 80MSP each. Worth it for $2/160MSP? Don't even have the game, but I assume I will at some point. Hate to have to pay more later.

[quote name='Jabrim']Is the Deadliest Warrior like an arcade fighter or what?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I'd recommend at least trying the demo.

[quote name='eugaet']The SWTFU2 DLC is still showing up at 80MSP each. Worth it for $2/160MSP? Don't even have the game, but I assume I will at some point. Hate to have to pay more later.[/QUOTE]

I can't attest to this particular version, but in the first one character packs were just skins that did absolutely nothing other than change the look of your character. This character pack might do more, but to me paying for skins is never worth it.

The other bit of DLC though... I mean... you get to go on a murderous Ewok killing rampage. If you can tell me a better way to spend a buck...

I thought Deadliest was going to be lame but I downloaded the demo anyway. I really liked it and bought the full game. Feels a lot like Bushido Blade but seems kinda easy though...I finished it the first time w/o continuing with the default settings. Still pretty fun though and looks like there's lots of modes to play and things to unlock.

[quote name='watcher0']In other news, Cthulu Saves the World is a great Indie RPG that has been released for 240 MS points as of the 30th.[/QUOTE]

I saw it on the Indie page, those games make me nervous about spending the points, not that I haven't wasted more points on even more useless items. Is it really good, any other RPG games on Live that are really good and maybe overlooked?

[quote name='Jabrim']I saw it on the Indie page, those games make me nervous about spending the points, not that I haven't wasted more points on even more useless items. Is it really good, any other RPG games on Live that are really good and maybe overlooked?[/QUOTE]

You can always demo indie games. Also, the dev of Cthulu is the same as Breath of Death VII: The Beginning. It's only a dollar.

Also, overlooked indie RPGs on Live? Aphelion 1&2 (Both $3) and Epic Dungeon. If I were on the fence about the Indie Games in general I would pick up Breath of Death and Epic Dungeon. That's only $2 and you get a lot of gameplay for your buck.

Warning...you have to be connected to xbox live to play indie games. It sucks. I don't know why, but even after you purchase the games, you have to be connected to live to play them.

But, if that doesn't affect you...try out some demos. There are several games that are really fun. Check out some of the top rated: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxIndieGames?SortBy=TopRated

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back