Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up getting 2 arcade games, 6 DLC and one avatar prop (lightsaber) from the 2 sales combined. I think that this sale was better than last year's. I would've been happier had I bought more than 2 games but that has more to do with already owning the majority of the games on sale.

I'm already looking forward to finding out next week's DOTW.

Here's how I ended up:

After Burner Climax - 400
RDR: Liars and Cheats - 400
AW: The Writer - 200
Hydro Thunder - 400
ME2 DLC - 600
Sonic and Knuckles - 120
Sonic 3 - 200

Total: 2320 MSP or $29. I haven't bothered doing the math but it's huge savings for sure. This sale was great IMO.

Does anyone knows a trusted site that sells microsoft points (online game code), other than amazon and www.xbox.com because when I try to buy from amazon it says that microsoft points are unavailable?. HELP PLEASE

[quote name='Pato1910']Does anyone knows a trusted site that sells microsoft points (online game code), other than amazon and www.xbox.com because when I try to buy from amazon it says that microsoft points are unavailable?. HELP PLEASE[/QUOTE]

Ebay

I think I made out like a bandit with this sale...

Limbo 800pts
Castle Crashers 600pts
Monday Night Combat 600pts

Since I rarely buy Arcade games, this was a huge deal for me.

Had a lot of fun with this sale:

MNC 600
Castle Crashers 600
Hydro Thunder 400
Perfect Dark 400
Alan Wake Signal 200
Alan Wake Writer 200
ME2 Kasumi 200
ME2 Overlord 200
ME2 Shadow Broker 200
Risk Factions 400

Saved enough points (4840) to look the other way for a couple of seconds as I shelled out 1200 for Quake III Arena, Scott Pilgrim DLC (160), and Space Giraffe (400).

[quote name='Pato1910']Does anyone knows a trusted site that sells microsoft points (ONLINE GAME CODE), other than www.amazon.com and www.xbox.com because when I try to buy from amazon it says that microsoft points are unavailable?. HELP PLEASE[/QUOTE]

My God. Do you need to post the same thing over and over and over in this thread? If it's that big of a deal, drive to a store, or get your parent to take you to a store to buy the points. Log on to Xbox Live and buy them there. What's the problem?

[quote name='mtxbass1']My God. Do you need to post the same thing over and over and over in this thread? If it's that big of a deal, drive to a store, or get your parent to take you to a store to buy the points. Log on to Xbox Live and buy them there. What's the problem?[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was just about to post. Public buses are running today as well.

I spammed because everyone replies without reading the effing post and i havent got an answer i already told you that xbox.com is unavailable and i cant buy it in store im not in usa right now

[quote name='mightymek']This is exactly what I was just about to post. Public buses are running today as well.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone lives in an area with public transit or 5 miles from a store. That said, I understand not wanting to give MS your CC info, but if you can always call 1-800-4MY-XBOX to remove it.

[quote name='Pato1910']I spammed because everyone replies without reading the effing post and i havent got an answer i already told you that xbox.com is unavailable and i cant buy it in store im not in usa right now[/QUOTE]

I will point out a few reasons why I didn't bother reading your post or why you got the responses you got

-xbox.com is working just fine for the rest of us.
-google is much faster than posting here
-this is the deals forum not 411
-this thread is about Xbox live deals, not about where to get points
-there is a thread dedicated to Microsoft Points
-next time you will be better prepared for a sale that started 10 days ago and was announced weeks ago.

[quote name='Pato1910']I spammed because everyone replies without reading the effing post and i havent got an answer i already told you that xbox.com is unavailable and i cant buy it in store im not in usa right now[/QUOTE]

delete your xbox.com cookie and try the site

You spammed and admitted it, I feel no need to assist you.

During this sale, I went with the following:
Alan Wake - Writer
Mass Effect 2 - Lair of Shadow Broker (had the others from previous sales)
Sonic 4 Episode 1
Dance Central - I Gotta Feeling

[quote name='y2jasper']delete your xbox.com cookie and try the site[/quote]

finally someone replied something useful thankyou

I picked up Limbo, I've been waiting for any kind of sale on it since it came out so I got it. Great game so far, although I'm still glad I waited until it was 800 instead of 1200.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Keep debating clap trap. Any thoughts from anyone?[/QUOTE]
Not as great overall as Zombie Ned or General Knoxx, but it was still a lot of fun. Basically: if you like Borderlands, this is more of it. There are some extremely frustrating collect-a-thon achievements though.

Thanks reddjoey for all the hard work on this thread.

Thought that this sale was great, alot better than last years sale. The people complaining were probably expecting too much from it, It's a Holiday SALE, not a give-away. LIMBO for 800 is an excellent deal.

Bought alot of stuff during this deal.

Comic Jumper
LC:GOL
Perfect Dark
Hydro Thunder
Monday Night Combat
Claptraps Revolution
Shadow Broker
Overlord
Kasumi

Spent 3800msp ($47.50), would have been 8320msp ($104) without the discounts. Would have bought Limbo, SMB, both Alan Wake dlc, and RDR Undead if I didn't already own them. Still debating on After Burner Climax.

I got Lara Croft, Sonic Adventure, the Undead Nightmare Collection, the Claptrap DLC, all 3 Mass Effect DLCs, and both Crackdown 2 DLCs (not a part of the holiday sale).

[quote name='KASPENN']
Spent 3800msp ($47.50), would have been 8320msp ($104) without the discounts. Would have bought Limbo, SMB, both Alan Wake dlc, and RDR Undead if I didn't already own them. Still debating on After Burner Climax.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely recommend After Burner Climax. Its short, but a lot of fun. And its got pretty good replay value.

Picked up a bunch of games on this month's sale myself as well.

EWJ HD - 400
Lara Croft GoL - 600
Dance Central DLC - 80
Hydro Thunder - 400
Afterburner Climax - 400
Sonic 1 - 200
Sonic 2 - 200
Sonic 3 - 200
S&K - 120
Limbo - 800

LC: GoL and Limbo were 2 of my most anticipated XBLA games to play this year, but just couldnt bite at 1200. Glad I waited for the countdown sale, almost bit on that buy 2 get 400 pts deal, but that didnt cut it for 1200 pt games for me. Cant wait to dig into them when I get home from vaca.

HydroT, AfterBurner, and all the sonic games were not even on my radar till this sale - but at those prices, couldnt resist.

Was a little bummed at the 800 pricepoint for Limbo, but since it is the #1 XBLA game I want to play thru right now, I wasnt going to wait another 6 months to save 200 pts on it. My backlog gets shuffled for games I really want to play.

I'm still going to buy it but I'm disappointed that Limbo isn't half off or more like every other $15 game that was in this sale.

This is what i ended up buying

Lara Croft: GoL - 600
Castlevania HD - 600
Alan Wake: The Writer - 200
Hydro Thunder - 400
Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker - 200
Mass Effect 2 Overlord - 200
Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory - 200
Crackdown 2 Premium Deluge Pack - 280
Crackdown 2 Premium Toy Box Pack - 280
After Burner Climax - 400
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 DLC - 80
Borderlands Clap Trap New Revolution DLC - 400

Total Spent 3840 Points Original Price 8800 Points

Last edited by a moderator:
just making sure everyone's picking up the FREE dlc for Lara croft and Monday night combat-if you picked up those games obviously.

[quote name='youenvy']just making sure everyone's picking up the FREE dlc for Lara croft and Monday night combat-if you picked up those games obviously.[/QUOTE]

The only free Lara Croft DLC is the Kane and Lynch Character skins. The challenge packs aren't free anymore

[quote name='tunavi']The only free Lara Croft DLC is the Kane and Lynch Character skins. The challenge packs aren't free anymore[/QUOTE]

Wasn't 'All The Trappings Challenge Pack 1' the only free one? Just curious since you said "challenge packs" plural.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Wasn't 'All The Trappings Challenge Pack 1' the only free one? Just curious since you said "challenge packs" plural.[/QUOTE]

Yup. My mistake.
I wish it was still free, I want more puzzles :)

Bought:

Mass Effect 2 DLC: 600 points
Claptrap DLC: 400 points
Monday Night Combat: 600 points

I'm really loving MNC. Great game. I wish I would have bought it earlier. Sad thing about my small buys is that I don't even own ME2 and my Borderlands disk was scratched to hell by my youngest daughter.

I was really thinking about the Marvel: UA DLC...I think I'd rather buy something I'll actually play. It sucks that I won't have the option to buy, but I'm not going to drop ten bucks just because they're taking it away. I guess I'll dl the freebie stuff if I remember.

Final haul:
Laura Croft and the GoL: 600pts
All three ME2 dlc: 600pts
Limbo: 800pts
-------------
Total: 2000pts (~$25)

What I would have bought if I didn't already have them:
Banjo Tooie (this game is massive)
Castle Crashers
Super Meat Boy (reminds me of N+, but not nearly as good)
Borderlands Claptrap dlc (replaying Borderlands right now,

Well here's what I ended up with:

RDR DLC (all)
Borderlands Claptrap
Monday Night Combat
Limbo
Risk Factions
Comic Jumper

My haul:

ME2 DLC Shadow Broker and Overlord (I thought I got Stolen Memory but I guess I didnt confirm it when I was buying it) - 400 pts
Alan Wake DLC (both) - 400pts
Monday Night Combat - 600

Not sure about Claptrap. Want to save my points for Vietnam or Castlevania DLC.

This is what i ended up buying

Lara Croft: GoL - 600
Alan Wake: The Writer - 200
Hydro Thunder - 400
Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker - 200
Mass Effect 2 Overlord - 200
Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory - 200
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 DLC - 80
Carcasonne- 400

Total- 2280 ($28.50)
Original Price- 5680 ($71)
Savings- 3400 ($42.50)

Went ahead and bought Limbo, it's supposed to be one of the strongest titles of the year, it's an XBLA exclusive (I think) and I had been looking forward to it. I was disappointed in the 800 price but considering how much I've enjoyed Hydro Thunder and was going to pay 600 pts for that alone, I don't have a problem in moving those 200 pts over to cover Limbo.

Overall it was a great sale, I only wish that Pac Man CE DX or Shadow Complex had gone on sale, but it's my fault for not getting SC last time it was on sale.

edit: Also should thank Fingerhut for their $13 1600 XBLA point cards and Bing rewards. I got a lot of great games for a great price, with points I got free/at a discount in the first place. Makes you feel good when you can get the double whammy like that. Hopefully I can grab some point cards before the next sale this summer.

[quote name='mightymek']I thought this sale was good to me. I picked up:

Alan Wake: The Writer - 200 msp
"I Gotta Feeling" DC song - 80 msp
Perfect Dark - 400 msp
Hydro Thunder Hurricane - 400 msp
Sonic & Knuckles - 120 msp
[/QUOTE]

I just added Deadliest Warrior (400 msp) to my list of things I bought during this sale. So thanks in large part to Bing, I didn't really spend much of my own points and I think I am set on XBLA games/dlc for awhile...until the next sale, of course.

Huh, I managed to spend exactly 1600 points during this sale after applying a 1600 point card to my account. Here I originally had gotten The Writer, Perfect Dark, and on an impulse Hydro Thunder Hurricane, and then I figured my last 600 points would go towards Limbo, but ended up getting the ME2 content since it was such a good deal. Then Limbo is more than I wanted to spend, so that took care of needing to worry about picking that up so it all worked out.

It is kinda silly that (from what I can tell) EVERY other deal has been for at least 50% off, then for some reason Limbo is the sole game (on the last day no less) that isn't...oh well, saved me from having to buy points since my bing 400 points order hasn't gone through yet.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']is banjo tooie worth getting? i've never played it before. it looks like a dk 64 kinda game tho and i loved that game[/QUOTE]

Every Banjo level is completely worth buying even at full price in my opinion. You'll get a hell of a lot of play time out of Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. Even Banjo Nuts & Bolts is a very underrated and great game.

So, I'm tempted to buy Carcassonne at the last minute - but does anyone know if the game still gets some action on Live? I'd hate to buy yet another game that turns out to be essentially dead.

[quote name='elmyra']So, I'm tempted to buy Carcassonne at the last minute - but does anyone know if the game still gets some action on Live? I'd hate to buy yet another game that turns out to be essentially dead.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up today as an alternative to the physical board game. It has local multiplayer and no need for manual scorekeeping. Good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back