After Burner 400
The Under Garden 400

plus DotW's
Tetris Splash 400
Deadliest Warrior 400

4400MSP spent in 2 weeks
cost: 4000MSP for roughly $26 + $5 worth of spare points I had
Normal cost 9200MSP
Total Savings 4800MSP, $84 actual dollars (including $24 I didnt spend on points) so roughly 73% off

Do we have any CAGs who bought 10 or more things during this sale? So I've seen 2 posts with 9 purchases each, with two very different amount of points spent (4600 vs 2720).

Edit: Figures that as soon as I post this, someone posts a bigger haul right before.

[quote name='DarkZion']Do we have any CAGs who bought 10 or more things during this sale? So I've seen 2 posts with 9 purchases each, with two very different amount of points spent (4600 vs 2720).

Edit: Figures that as soon as I post this, someone posts a bigger haul right before.[/QUOTE]

LOL... Ironically I got 9 off holiday promotion, + 2 DotW. Sadly I had passed onMass Effect 2, Red Dead and Crack Down 2 DLC, already had Alan Wake the other Sonics and along with Castlevania... woulda got Limbo but the 800 points made me hold off

[quote name='DarkZion']Do we have any CAGs who bought 10 or more things during this sale? So I've seen 2 posts with 9 purchases each, with two very different amount of points spent (4600 vs 2720).

Edit: Figures that as soon as I post this, someone posts a bigger haul right before.[/QUOTE]

Even better, I've had most of that content since even before the sale. The only things I purchased were Castlevania HoD & Sonic Adventure. I've still got over 6,000 ms points and nothing to buy this sucks. Hope SNK does a sale soon I'd like to see a few of their games go on sale.

I picked up.
Castle crashers -600
Comic jumper -800
Alan wake the writer dlc -200
Alan wake the signal dlc -200
Lara croft -600
Perfect dark -400
Castlevania -600
Mass effect 2 shadow broker -200
Mass effect 2 overlord -200
Hydro thunder -400

Spent 4200 and saved ?? 5080

I was holding out for limbo but I think I will pass at that price.

[quote name='intoxicated662']u mad? :bouncy: lol Even if it's deal of the week, it'll be the same price. typically, if a game is 1200 ms points and it becomes deal of the week it gets knocked down to 800 ms points. so wait a few months if ya want for the same price, just means you'll play the game later on instead of now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']updated OP.

On LIMBO:

If you want to be a real cheapass, there are several complete playthroughs on Youtube. (This is a joke)

This game is on several GOTY lists. Using Braid as an example, it might be cheaper until a price drop followed by a sale. Even then it would probably be 560 MSP.

I really just don't get waiting for $5 more off the price, but to each his/her own. If the game has piqued any of your senses, pick it up for 800MSP. If you are so/so on it, I guess keep waiting.[/QUOTE]

The point is, it will be cheaper, even if i have to wait until the next summer of arcade i will.

I have already bought the following which will keep me busy having not yet started any of them

Alan Wake: The Writer
Mass Effect 2: Kasumi + Overlord + Shadow Broker
Crackdown 2: Deluge + Toybox
Hydro Thunder

Couple that with a pretty decent backlog, I don't need to go out of my way to get another game which to be honest would be near the bottom of my list of games to get through.

What are the chances that the discount all of the stuff one last time?

I'm a little pissed because I missed out on Sonic 3. I saw that all the Sonic games were on sale but really didn't think twice since I have the Sonic Genesis Collection for PS3.

Then today I noticed that I already had 1 & 2 downloaded. I also conveniently have 200 points left over from buying some of the other sale items. Boo.

I ended up getting something almost every day:

Undead Nightmare
Guardian of Light
Alan wake: the writer
All 3 Mass effect DLC
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and knuckles
Castle crashers
Monday Night Combat
Limbo

I got in for:
Risk Factions
Monday Night Combat
Limbo

Also picked up Ilomilo just because.

It's a good time for XBLA.

Going to skip Limbo. Don't think its the type of game I like. I spent 95 dollars on points this month. Glad for it to be over. Got 1200 left going to get some stuff I want thats not on sale like the Magic expansion pack 3, Scott Pilgrim dlc, cthulhu vs the world (indie game), maybe some band of bugs dlc.

I have picked up way too much during this sale/holiday season on XBLA. Great prices though. Hate to know what happens to all this content when the 360 is replaced by whatever Microsoft releases next.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']The point is, it will be cheaper, even if i have to wait until the next summer of arcade i will.

I have already bought the following which will keep me busy having not yet started any of them

Alan Wake: The Writer
Mass Effect 2: Kasumi + Overlord + Shadow Broker
Crackdown 2: Deluge + Toybox
Hydro Thunder

Couple that with a pretty decent backlog, I don't need to go out of my way to get another game which to be honest would be near the bottom of my list of games to get through.[/QUOTE]

I understand completely. Which is why i passed on the alan wake dlc and didn't get the game afterall. I've lost interest in playing single player games myself so I passed on that dlc like I stated and the me2 as well but got everything else just about. To each their own, limbo might go down to 400 ms points at some point but within a year or more just like Braid and several other games have.

By the way, I didn't purcahse ilomilo (full game) and I can use the 2 characters of them in the raskulls & keflings game. Don't know if anyone caught onto that, but I thought it was required you had to buy all 3 games to connect them to use each per game.

I didn't really pick up that much during the sale...

I got...
Hydro Thunder - 400
ME2: Lair of the Shadow Broker - 200

I kinda had wish I had gotten my 1600 point card earlier, would've picked up Lara Croft also

I really think Limbo is worth 800 but I only have 740 and can't get myself to buy more points cause I thought I wouldn't have to. If I just play the games I already have, it would easily last until the next holiday sale anyway.

So far I've bought:
Perfect Dark
Hydro Thunder
All 3 ME2 Addons
Alan Wake The Writer
Monday Night Combat
After Burner Climax
Castle Crashers
Lara Croft GOL
Dance Central BEP
Risk Factions
Banjo-Tooie

and I still have Super Meat Boy, Toy Soldiers and LIMBO to buy, but not sure if I should get them all. I do like tower defence so am really considering Toy Soldiers. Are the prices for these games worthwhile?

Yeah I finished out with Lair of the Shadow Broker, Alan Wake the Writer, and Lara Croft GOL

Wait for the next sale I guess. Shank and Limbo for 400 MSP and I'm in.

[quote name='cruk']So far I've bought:
Perfect Dark
Hydro Thunder
All 3 ME2 Addons
Alan Wake The Writer
Monday Night Combat
After Burner Climax
Castle Crashers
Lara Croft GOL
Dance Central BEP
Risk Factions
Banjo-Tooie

and I still have Super Meat Boy, Toy Soldiers and LIMBO to buy, but not sure if I should get them all. I do like tower defence so am really considering Toy Soldiers. Are the prices for these games worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

I think that MNC is a better "alternative" tower defense game than Toy Soliders. Still with that one instead. Definitely get Super Meat Boy and LIMBO though.

Nothing (yet) this year.
Limbo at 600 was a maybe. At 800 I will pass.
I'm debating getting Risk Factions or Toy Soldiers.

In the end, this is what I got:

Castlevania HoD
Alan Wake: The Signal, The Writer
Perfect Dark
Mass Effect 2 (Overlord, Shadow Broker)

I'm not gonna wait till who knows when for Limbo to be another $2.50 off at a 50% discount. (if that ever even happens)

I figure with all the money I saved on the other deals, 33% off Limbo is a good but not great deal worth buying.

Well, since the sales are pretty much over and people keep posting these, I might as well join in:

Castle Crashers
Comic Jumper
Banjo-Tooie
Lara Croft GoL
Perfect Dark
Hydro Thunder
Sonic 1,2,3,S&K

That and 7 retail games will keep me busy for a while. Bing will compensate me eventually. :p
Now to figure out how I ended up having 20MSP left over.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tha Doc']I'm not gonna wait till who knows when for Limbo to be another $2.50 off at a 50% discount. (if that ever even happens)

I figure with all the money I saved on the other deals, 33% off Limbo is a good but not great deal worth buying.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be June if they do a repeat of the Summer of Arcade games sale they had last year.

I've always wanted a light saber for my avatar but didnt want to spend 400 points on one. With the 160 points I just got from the your shape email, I'll gladly take the light saber for 40 of my own points!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

was really hoping Limbo would go for 600...800 just seems a little too high, but i may still pick it up...

200 Mass Effect 2 : Lair of the Shadow Broker
200 Mass Effect 2 : Overlord
200 Mass Effect 2 : Kasumi Stolen Memory
400 After Burner Climax
600 Monday Night Combat
200 Sonic the Hedgehog
200 Sonic the Hedgehog 3
120 Sonic & Knuckles
800 Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1

280 Crackdown 2 Toy Box DLC
800 Dead Rising 2: Case West
edit: 400 Tetris Splash

$55 worth of points spent. I now sit at 0 mS points remaining =)
Still thinking about that ME2 avatar blood dragon armor.

I thought this sale was good to me. I picked up:

Alan Wake: The Writer - 200 msp
"I Gotta Feeling" DC song - 80 msp
Perfect Dark - 400 msp
Hydro Thunder Hurricane - 400 msp
Sonic & Knuckles - 120 msp

I'm still trying to decide if I am done or if I should pick up Castle Crashers as well. I played the trial and thought it seemed pretty fun, but a buddy of mine didn't seem to like it too much beyond the trial gameplay. Well, I guess I have all day to figure it out. Thanks for keeping everything updated in the op reddjoey.

[quote name='mike95']Nothing (yet) this year.
Limbo at 600 was a maybe. At 800 I will pass.
I'm debating getting Risk Factions or Toy Soldiers.[/QUOTE]

Don't wait, both Risk Factions and Toy Soldiers are really good. I was not even a fan of Risk in general and love the game.

[quote name='Jabrim']Don't wait, both Risk Factions and Toy Soldiers are really good. I was not even a fan of Risk in general and love the game.[/QUOTE]

I also can recommend Risk Factions. Its a lot of fun :)

Only ended up buying Lara Croft and the ME2 DLC. Most of the other content I already had (Castle crashers, Toy Soldiers, Sonic, AW DLC, etc) or I wasn't interested in due to the price/my backlog (Limbo, MNC).

[quote name='sp8001']I also can recommend Risk Factions. Its a lot of fun :)[/QUOTE]

Third. I bought it on a whim during a sale a while back, and while I'm not super far in it, the odd humor was a nice, unexpected, addition. Favorite line is still from the begining, "But if you want all the new features, like animations and nudity..." just made me laugh within the first few minutes. Plus the game play is solid.

Keep debating clap trap. Any thoughts from anyone?

[quote name='mightymek']
I'm still trying to decide if I am done or if I should pick up Castle Crashers as well. I played the trial and thought it seemed pretty fun, but a buddy of mine didn't seem to like it too much beyond the trial gameplay.[/QUOTE]
The whole game is pretty much the same hack-n-slash with a couple scattered mini-games and different style boss fights. Then there's the online arena and stuff-your-face contest.
If you think it's fun, go ahead and get it. It's better with a friend or three, but definitely still enjoyable alone.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Keep debating clap trap. Any thoughts from anyone?[/QUOTE]
More of a finisher to the base game's storyline, but a bit shorter than you might think (~4-6 hours with 4 people, I'd expect quite a bit longer solo). I still found it fun, but if you're an achievement completionist expect to do some farming for the collectibles.

Help I want to buy a microsoft points card to get limbo and super meat boy I have been trying to bu the online code from amazon and they are unavailable I dont know why, and I tried xbox.com and they are unavailable too I dont know why anyone knows of a trusted site where I can buy microsoft points (the code) and I get it fast?

[quote name='Pato1910']Help I want to buy a microsoft points card to get limbo and super meat boy I have been trying to bu the online code from amazon and they are unavailable I dont know why, and I tried xbox.com and they are unavailable too I dont know why anyone knows of a trusted site where I can buy microsoft points (the code) and I get it fast?[/QUOTE]

Xboxlive.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back