Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
800 is still worth a buy to me, was just hoping it would be cheaper. Hydro Thunder was 400 and hydro thunder has hours and hours of re playability. It doesn't have the fanboys riding it's nuts that Limbo has tho.

No matter how good a game would be if it doesn't have re-playability, 800MSp is the maximum I would pay for an Xbox LIVE Arcade game.
After playing the demo, Limbo for 800MSP seems quite high for me.

I'm still on the fence for both Comic Jumper and Limbo. It seems like they are both somewhat shorter than I would like for $10. Especially since you can get so many semi-old retail games for that price. Any opinions about Comic Jumper are appreciated. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion about Limbo.

if youre like me, then you have a shit ton of games in your backlog. im waiting on comic jumper and limbo simply because i think it will be on sale again or for cheaper by the time i would even get around to it. get your addiction under control dammit.

[quote name='Pengwyns']I'm still on the fence for both Comic Jumper and Limbo. It seems like they are both somewhat shorter than I would like for $10. Especially since you can get so many semi-old retail games for that price. Any opinions about Comic Jumper are appreciated. I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion about Limbo.[/QUOTE]

I have them both. Comic Jumper is right behind Limbo. I enjoyed Comic Jumper more on the first run compared to Limbo. But afterwards not so much. To be fair though there's a lot of content to check out, especially with free Splosion Man levels. The humor is over the top, if you like that, go for it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Still would have to go Limbo though. Either purchase is great though, you won't be let down!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Decided to bite on Sonic 1,2,3 and Sonic and Knuckles. 720pts ($9) for 800 fun and easy gamerscore sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Well worth the trip down memory lane.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget that only the XBLA titles allow snap-on functionality with "Sonic & Knuckles". That Knuckles gameplay in either 2 or 3 (or blue orbs in 1) isn't available in the "Ultimate Sonic Genesis Collection" disc, so if you're an OCD completionist like me, you'll want to jump onto the Dec. 30th sale.

I just can't bring myself to bite on Limbo at 800. I know it's a critical darling, but... I just couldn't get into it when I played the demo. What it had in atmosphere it lacked in fun for me. It's a well made game, sure. But I just didn't find myself enjoying it. If it was 400, I'd go ahead and take a chance that later levels grab me. But $10 seems like too much to gamble on something I'm unsure about already.

I liked the Limbo Demo and will buy it, but 800 doesn't seem like a sale price to me. Should have launched at 800. Since I have such a backlog, I'm just going to follow my backlog rule, and wait until it drops more.

Tetris Splash
All ME2 DLC
Pac Man Championship DX (not sale, but GOTY caliber)

That's it for me. Still debating if I want to buy After Burner Climax for 400. Also bummed that I got Alan Wake for Xmas and missed the DLC :cry:

Very disappointed in that "discount". Most anticiapated game of the sale (as well as the finale) and it's discounted the least of all the games? fuck you Microsoft!

freaking greedy microshaft would have gotten lara croft if i had know limbo wouldn't been 600. I still might get it because I've heard such great things but i wont be happy.

From the sale I got...

Borderlands: Claptrap New Revolution
Lara Croft And the Guardian of Light
Alan Wake: The Writer
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Mass Effect 2: Kasumi's Stolen Memory
Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
Mass Effect 2: Overlord

Alot more DLC then I anticipated. Well played, Microsoft. Well played.

I hate to repeat what everyone else is saying, but I too was excited for Limbo, but i'm not biting for 800 just yet. I'm sure my backlog will be relieved.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']I hate to repeat what everyone else is saying, but I too was excited for Limbo, but i'm not biting for 800 just yet. I'm sure my backlog will be relieved.[/QUOTE]

I know for me 800 is my pricepoint for special games. I was waiting for limbooooooo

Picked up ME2 Overlord and Sonic 4 from the sale, pretty happy with that. Would pick up Limbo but think I'll pass at the 800 price. I bought into the hype for Braid back around when it came out and barely played that game...

I'm chiming in as well. GOL and Limbo were both 1200 point Summer of Arcade games. (as as far as replay value is concerned, GOL has it in spades) yet Limbo is 800 and GOL was 600?

What the heck. It's not even that 800 is that high, it's the uneven application of discounts.

Was totally gonna buy it for 600, now MS isn't getting jack from me.

Looks like this deal's been...

david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg

...put in limbo.

This is what I grabbed during the sale:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Mass Effect 2 DLC: Kasumi's Stolen Memory
Mass Effect 2 DLC: Lair of the Shadow Broker
Mass Effect 2 DLC: Overlord

[quote name='bajingo']if youre like me, then you have a shit ton of games in your backlog. im waiting on comic jumper and limbo simply because i think it will be on sale again or for cheaper by the time i would even get around to it. get your addiction under control dammit.[/QUOTE]

This is precisely why I'm passing on Limbo at 800. I know I won't play it before it's on sale for cheaper. If I thought I would, $2.50-3 wouldn't stop me from buying it today.

Anyone end up buying more stuff than I did?

After Burner Climax - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Castle Crashers - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Super Meat Boy - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Toy Soldiers - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Lair of the Shadow Broker - 200 Microsoft Points - 75% off
Kasumi's Stolen Memory - 200 Microsoft Points - 64.4% off
Overlord - 200 Microsoft Points - 64.4% off
LIMBO- 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Total spent: 4600
Original price: 8720 (47% in savings)

(I used discounted point cards from K-mart and Fingerhut, so the savings was actually more than 47% :))

Now I'm just waiting for Shadow Complex to go on sale again.

I will still get Limbo anyway… so the things I got out of this sale:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 600
Alan Wake : The Writer - 200
Perfect Dark - 400
Mass Effect 2 : Lair of the Shadow Broker - 200
Mass Effect 2 : Overlord - 200
Mass Effect 2 : Kasumi Stolen Memory - 200
After Burner Climax - 400
Limbo - 800

Grand TOTAL : 3000 ($37.50)
Original TOTAL : 6480 ($81.00)
It's actually quite a lot of money when I add them up.
So far I enjoy Lara Croft the most. Crazy fun local co-op with a friend.
Still thinking about Carcassonne and Castle Crasher… should I should I should I???

[quote name='miriamleo']I will still get Limbo anyway… so the things I got out of this sale:

Perfect Dark - 400
After Burner Climax - 400
Limbo - 800

Grand TOTAL : 3000
It's actually quite a lot of money when I add them up.
So far I enjoy Lara Croft the most. Crazy fun local co-op with a friend.
Still thinking about Carcassonne and Castle Crasher… should I should I should I???[/QUOTE]

Buy Castle Crashers, but I think Carcassonne is more fun on iOS if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad (async multiplayer, easier to see pieces, etc):
http://carcassonneapp.com/

I won't buy Limbo at 800 pts because I have a stupid huge backlog like everyone else and was expecting cheaper. I can see it going lower next holiday sale or staying at that price permanently by the time my back log grows smaller. So no loss for me.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']This is precisely why I'm passing on Limbo at 800. I know I won't play it before it's on sale for cheaper. If I thought I would, $2.50-3 wouldn't stop me from buying it today.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm totally in the same boat. I also bought Braid when it was on sale for a similar price, and never played it. But I feel like they could've given a bigger discount. Maybe I'm spoiled from the Steam sale deals, but if it was just a few dollars cheaper I would've bought it. I know people will say "but it's GOTY material! You HAVE to play it!". Well, the same is true for Mass Effect 2, I still haven't gotten to that, and yet I continue to live my everyday life without going insane.
I can wait til Limbo hits 600 pts.

shame about Limbo and Super Meat Boy. My backlog is huge, that I'm willing to to wait till they're 600 points or less.

Guess i'll pick up the Crackdown 2 DLC.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']I'm chiming in as well. GOL and Limbo were both 1200 point Summer of Arcade games. (as as far as replay value is concerned, GOL has it in spades) yet Limbo is 800 and GOL was 600?

What the heck. It's not even that 800 is that high, it's the uneven application of discounts.

Was totally gonna buy it for 600, now MS isn't getting jack from me.[/QUOTE]

The difference is that they know Limbo is going to end up on a ton of Top 10 list because everything about it screams "game made to be artsy" and people tend to latch onto that type of stuff so that they can seem artsy by comparison. (Not saying that fans of the game in this thread or in general didn't enjoy what I'm sure is a solid game, I just took enough film studies/literature classes in college to spot this sort of thing when it comes to critics) I've honestly grown less interested in the game as I've read all the glowing reviews because everything they describe about it sounds like something I have a minimal interest in experiencing. I may pick it up eventually, if it drops to a 400 point range for sure, just to see it all for myself. Too much else to play right now anyway.

Overall good haul this year, got:
Sonic 1-3
Mass Effect 2: Lair of Shadow Broker
Perfect Dark
Monday Night Combat
Hydro Thunder
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light

May end up buying:
Star Wars Force Unleashed DLC where you zap ewoks for a buck.
Clap Trap Revolution as I got a non GOTY version of Borderlands for Christmas.
Was debating the MUA2 DLC, but just doesn't seem worth the price even if it will be going away forever. To anyone interested, the first "special edition" version is only $20 at Toys R Us and is obviously part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off promo. YMMV of course for stock.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']I'm chiming in as well. GOL and Limbo were both 1200 point Summer of Arcade games. (as as far as replay value is concerned, GOL has it in spades) yet Limbo is 800 and GOL was 600?

Was totally gonna buy it for 600, now MS isn't getting jack from me.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Hydro Thunder being 400.

__

All the things I got this sale:

The Writer - 560 --> 200
Kasumi's Stolen Memory - 560 --> 200
Overlord - 560 --> 200
Lair of the Shadow Broker - 800 --> 200
Sonic & Knuckles - 240 --> 120
Sonic 1 - 400 --> 200
Sonic 3 - 400 --> 200
Big Surf Island - 1000 --> 560

Total W/O sale: 4520
Total W/ sale: 1940

My haul was:
RDR Undead Nightmare Collection
Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
Lara Croft: GoL
The Signal
The Writer
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Crackdown 2 Toy Box DLC

Not too bad. I might pick up A World of Keflings, cause I loved the first one, but I'm not sure if I want to wait for it to go on sale or not.

800 points for Limbo. I am disappoint. :cry:

The only thing I ended up buying was Hydro Thunder Hurricane. But I consider this a success as I was only interested in Hydro Thunder and Limbo to begin with.

ugghhh I bought Limbo I really want to see what all the hype is about. If it goes on sale lower in the next couple months ill be really pissed.

Was curious about Limbo at 600 like many of you. At 800, I will still hold out. Guess I just need more time to decide on this one, and I'm already so backlogged, I won't get to it anytime soon anyways.

Good haul for me though on the holiday sale, as I didn't want to add anything as it was, but they forced my hand with DLC on two of the games in my backlog:

Borderlands - Claptrap's New Revolution - 400 pts
Alan Wake - The Writer - 200 pts
Sonic and Knuckles - 120 pts.

600 would have slotted into my current points balance perfectly. I'm perfectly content to wait until the Summer and pick up Limbo for 560. :p So many games bought but unplayed to keep me busy...

This years sale was pretty lame compared to last years countdown. I think I got something everyday. This year nothing. A few good titles on sale for 400-600 but nothing I was really interested in. I would have got Limbo for 600 but instead I will wait. I should have got Lara Croft I guess. Oh well. I will just use the points I have when more Pinball FX2 tables come out :)

Steam is getting basically all my game money this Holiday lol.

Good lord, people were not joking, Limbo is SHORT. I played for under an hour and the game says I'm already 28% done. It's really good though, never expected to see a game entirely built upon tension and atmosphere.

In my opinion this has been the best XBL deal ever:
Hydro Thunder - 400
Limbo - 800

TOTAL : 2600 Points ($32.50)

Damn, I was hoping Limbo was gonna go for 600 MSP... I've got 620 MSP in my account! Guess I'll just wait for a better sale.

Can't really complain about the sale, I got ME2 DLC, Alan Wake DLC, and Hydro Thunder Hurricane.

Oh, and $10 worth of that was free via the Best Buy Reward Zone holiday bonus certificate! :D

[quote name='Player2']Damn, I was hoping Limbo was gonna go for 600 MSP... I've got 620 MSP in my account! Guess I'll just wait for a better sale.

Can't really complain about the sale, I got ME2 DLC, Alan Wake DLC, and Hydro Thunder Hurricane.

Oh, and $10 worth of that was free via the Best Buy Reward Zone holiday bonus certificate! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, between Best Buy $10 cert, $18.77 for 1600MSP +my discount I got 2 1600 point cards for around $26 and dont forget my 2 free 400MSP from Bing Rewards... So roughly 1/2 price for content that was all 1/2 price too.... 75% or more off everything I bought... not shabby

Sadly my points are all gone now, but lots of new games to play:bouncy:

Maybe I have the biggest haul then?

Castlevania Harmony of Dispair
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Mass Effect: Lair of the Shadow Broker
Monday Night Combat
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles

Total Cost - 2720 points / $34
Original Cost - 6400 points / $80
Total Savings - 3680 points / $46 or 57.5%

Already had the other two pieces of ME2 dlc and the Alan Wake one was free for buying new. Passed on Lara Croft and Limbo expecting better deals in the future.

Gotta say the biggest surprise was just how fun Hydro Thunder turned out to be. I completely ignored it until now. I heard it was terrible and the demo really didn't do much for me. But I figured I could probably still get $5 worth of fun out of it and I have easily.

Not a bad haul at all. Of course that savings is magnified when you factor in those points came from 1600 point cards I got for $12.98 from fingerhut a few weeks ago. Man I wish I had bought a few more when I could have.

This sale I got Super Meat Boy for 800 and Lara Croft for 600. Total Cost = $17.50, saved $12.50 off of $30
Super Meat Boy is one of my games of the Year. Lara Croft was an awesome co-op playthrough with my sister. Can't wait to go through it again with my buddy.

This and Black friday were two great sales. Next sale I'm looking out for is Shadow Complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back