Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']You have to manually download the items yourself, they're not automatically downloaded. Which means you need to go through every single item in your download history and set them up for download.

The license transfer is normally done when they fix your 360 through Microsoft when it's under warranty and they replace the console with another unit.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you are right that you have to manually download everything again once you do the license transfer. That's probably why I haven't bothered to transfer my licenses to one box! :lol: Fixed my post.

[quote name='shrike4242']You have to manually download the items yourself, they're not automatically downloaded. Which means you need to go through every single item in your download history and set them up for download.

The license transfer is normally done when they fix your 360 through Microsoft when it's under warranty and they replace the console with another unit.[/QUOTE]
I know the last time I had to do a license transfer, around 3-4 months ago, at the end of the transfer process on xbox.com you can go select up to 30 items from your purchase history into the queue. I think it defaults the last items you purchased. You then had to click to remove them and pick different ones. What I did then was when that was done I would go back to the queue page and it showed my entire list and I could setup the next 30. Took a while with all the DLC I had but was still quicker than manually selecting them.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Flows/ConsoleLicenseTransfer/Congrats.aspx

There and click next and I was able to queue things up, still works currently too. So if my hard drive died I could use that as a fast queuing system. Probably will give me a different prompt when the license tool could be used again. Still not automatic but better than one at a time downloads.

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm.. i'm having trouble buying the All Fronts Collection DLC, it came up with some bullshit that its not offered in my region and that its not offered anymore :S:S, which is weird

[quote name='dgwillia006']Woah, 5 bucks for All Fronts? Glad i waited ^_^, getting the game at Blockbuster for 10 bucks during the b1g1 sale ftw.

After getting Sonic and the ME2 DLC, that'll be my 2400 ^_^. (Though im still getting Costume Quest, and hoping for Yugioh)[/QUOTE]

I doubt Yugioh will come out by October but I can see it coming before the end of the year since the achievements were announced a few weeks ago :)

So my 2400 points will be Sonic 4, Sonic Adventure and the GoW2: All Fronts collection. That sounds like a good deal to me :)!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, you are right that you have to manually download everything again once you do the license transfer. That's probably why I haven't bothered to transfer my licenses to one box! :lol: Fixed my post.[/QUOTE]No problem. Just wanted to clear that up.

[quote name='JP']I know the last time I had to do a license transfer, around 3-4 months ago, at the end of the transfer process on xbox.com you can go select up to 30 items from your purchase history into the queue. I think it defaults the last items you purchased. You then had to click to remove them and pick different ones. What I did then was when that was done I would go back to the queue page and it showed my entire list and I could setup the next 30. Took a while with all the DLC I had but was still quicker than manually selecting them.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Flows/ConsoleLicenseTransfer/Congrats.aspx

There and click next and I was able to queue things up, still works currently too. So if my hard drive died I could use that as a fast queuing system. Probably will give me a different prompt when the license tool could be used again. Still not automatic but better than one at a time downloads.[/QUOTE]I'll remember that if I have to go through that the next time. The Congrats page changed since I last used it in late January / early February, so I had to manually requeue everything to re-download from my download history. And there were more than a few items. Thankfully, since it was just the licenses, it went pretty quick, so I just flipped between the PC I had handy and the 360 and cycled through queuing up items to download.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']PSA that Outrun Arcade will be removed from XBLA next December.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/12/outrun-online-arcade-removed-from-psn-xbla-version-coming-down/[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the head's up. I've been holding out buying this as I really hoped it would come to the US PSN (as I hate XBLA's DRM setup and never got around to making an EU PSN account to try to get it) but I better just pick it up.

I'm doubting it'll even go on sale; I think I'd kick myself for missing it entirely more than I'd kick myself for spending 800 points vs. 400...

(I will point out the links say December 2011 but it's obvious Sega won't provide warning so who knows what may happen)

[quote name='marineal']ummm.. i'm having trouble buying the All Fronts Collection DLC, it came up with some bullshit that its not offered in my region and that its not offered anymore :S:S, which is weird[/QUOTE]
What country are you in?
For what country is your gamertag registered?

I suspect that, like me, you're in a different country to the US right now, but you're trying to use a US gamertag? If so, I'm afraid that Microsoft hates you.

Strangely, region-locked DLC is almost never a problem on the 360, despite region-locked games, so I'm surprised such a high-profile game has this problem but I'd never heard of it before yesterday. :p

One option is to set up a Silver gamertag for your country (make sure the email address you use is for your country, as well, e.g. if you're in Brazil and you set up [email protected] then the country of residence for the hotmail address is Brazil BEFORE you then set up the gamertag). Then add some points using the currency of the country you're in (you'll probably need a credit card for that country if you can't/don't want to buy a points card). Finally, purchase it on your new gamertag, download it to your HDD, and you *should* be able to use it with any gamertag on that 360. :)

The points may cost slightly more than US points, but it should still all work out cheaper than 800 US points (if you see what I mean).

Easy, huh? ;)

I think I'm going to make 2400 in purchases like this:

Toy Soldiers 800
PQ DLC: 700
MTG DLC: 400
Alan Wake DLC 2: 560

For a grand total of 2460.

My thinking was one game that I wanted on sale, two arcade title DLCs that will likely never go on sale and one DLC that I want to buy launch day to support the developer.

heads up for those waiting to 'rent' a GOTY copy of borderlands from gamestop to get all the DLC, all DLC content is in the form of a VOUCHER CODE to download from xbox live. dick move. i care because now ill make claptrap part of my 2400.

[quote name='bajingo']heads up for those waiting to 'rent' a GOTY copy of borderlands from gamestop to get all the DLC, all DLC content is in the form of a VOUCHER CODE to download from xbox live. dick move. [/QUOTE]

Don't blame them for not wanting you to steal the DLC. While it would be nice to get it for free, it is the publisher's job to prevent stuff like that. They made the DLC to support their business, not to be charitable.

ok, but they cut out everyone who doesnt have live too, which is a lot of people.
- i forget how no matter what you post someone likes to argue-stealing is bad, ok. OKAY?!

[quote name='PenguinJim']What country are you in?
For what country is your gamertag registered?

I suspect that, like me, you're in a different country to the US right now, but you're trying to use a US gamertag? If so, I'm afraid that Microsoft hates you.

Strangely, region-locked DLC is almost never a problem on the 360, despite region-locked games, so I'm surprised such a high-profile game has this problem but I'd never heard of it before yesterday. :p

One option is to set up a Silver gamertag for your country (make sure the email address you use is for your country, as well, e.g. if you're in Brazil and you set up [email protected] then the country of residence for the hotmail address is Brazil BEFORE you then set up the gamertag). Then add some points using the currency of the country you're in (you'll probably need a credit card for that country if you can't/don't want to buy a points card). Finally, purchase it on your new gamertag, download it to your HDD, and you *should* be able to use it with any gamertag on that 360. :)

The points may cost slightly more than US points, but it should still all work out cheaper than 800 US points (if you see what I mean).

Easy, huh? ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks man, since i live right next to the US, all i had to go to school, which i do, in the US, and i bought the Add-On through xbox.com :), currently downloading. Thanks for the tip though

[quote name='bajingo']ok, but they cut out everyone who doesnt have live too, which is a lot of people.
- i forget how no matter what you post someone likes to argue-stealing is bad, ok. OKAY?![/QUOTE]

You don't need Gold to d/l it though. Then again I thought this day in age everybody had internet but there's ppl at my university that don't... it's like whhhhhattt... ???

Sonic 4 Ep 1 and Dead Space Ignition are up.

For those thinking about Dead Space Ignition, preorders from GameStop and Amazon are supposed to get a code for it, so don't jump on it just yet if you preordered.

Best Buy preorders should be getting codes next week.

Guys, I just bought Sonic 4 and Guardian if Light for 2400p. Will I receive some type of notification from Microsoft saying i'll get 800p added to my account? :bouncy:

[quote name='bajingo']ok, but they cut out everyone who doesnt have live too, which is a lot of people.
- i forget how no matter what you post someone likes to argue-stealing is bad, ok. OKAY?![/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. I prefer GOTY games when they have the DLC on disc, that way I can delete it when I'm done and still have it on a disc rather then re-downloading. Plus you would think they've made plenty of money if they're making a GOTY that they're only trying to pull in those who might not have bought their game yet.

[quote name='kidrocklive']currently at 1600 pts spent

ME2 DLC or Scott Pilgrim

hmmm[/QUOTE]
SP seems like a game better suited for
local
co-op play. ME2 DLC might be discounted once the GoTY edition releases around the time of the PS3 build.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Also, man im loving this new Sonic game[/QUOTE]Man, it's been a loooong time since I've heard a Sonic game mentioned in a positive manner. ;)

[quote name='Thrinn']Man, it's been a loooong time since I've heard a Sonic game mentioned in a positive manner. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it kinda reminds me of a mix between the original Sonic games, and the Sonic Rush games. Its got the classic feel and the new gameplay features, but doesnt have the breakneck speed that all the recent games have been trying to throw in.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I totally agree with you. I prefer GOTY games when they have the DLC on disc, that way I can delete it when I'm done and still have it on a disc rather then re-downloading. Plus you would think they've made plenty of money if they're making a GOTY that they're only trying to pull in those who might not have bought their game yet.[/QUOTE]

DAO UE has it all on disc and has no online/live requirement. Hopefully ME2's UE does the same (provided they make one). I'm real surprised they didn't do an "awakening" type of expansion for ME2 like they did for DAO.

[quote name='kidrocklive']DAO UE has it all on disc and has no online/live requirement. Hopefully ME2's UE does the same (provided they make one). I'm real surprised they didn't do an "awakening" type of expansion for ME2 like they did for DAO.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so you can just wait till it shows up used, then install and return? That'd save the money i was planning on using for the expansions

Well, as someone else pointed out, you were the one brought up the theft angle. And yes, stealing is bad.

As far as Live goes, do you mean that not everyone has Gold? Because you don't need to Gold to DL content. If you meant that not everyone has internet access, I do realize that there are places that lack access to quality high speed internet, but you can't blame a game publisher for worrying about their bottom line over the needs of a small percentage of people.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wait, so you can just wait till it shows up used, then install and return? That'd save the money i was planning on using for the expansions

I haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet, but it's sitting in my backlog. Debating picking up the DLC cause I actually am more likely to play it as part of the initial experience than I am after having finished the game. If I do, I'll be at 1200 points spent total in October... if I knew for sure I was going to spend enough to hit the rebate I think I'd be more inclined...

Debating on whether or not Sonic 4 is worth 800 points or if it will hit 560 pretty soon. Plus once all the episodes ar eout sega will inevitably release it on disc...probably with bonus content. The demo sure is awesome though.

As a silver member, I don't want to downplay the fact that they're finally giving us sales BUT so far the sales these past two weeks have all been multiplayer map packs. Why the hell is a silver member going to buy a map pack?

[quote name='typical guy']As a silver member, I don't want to downplay the fact that they're finally giving us sales BUT so far the sales these past two weeks have all been multiplayer map packs. Why the hell is a silver member going to buy a map pack?[/QUOTE]
It makes sense that they would gear the sales more toward the people who pay for Live doesn't it? If a person pays for live then obivously they are playing games online.

[quote name='genfuyung']Debating on whether or not Sonic 4 is worth 800 points or if it will hit 560 pretty soon. Plus once all the episodes ar eout sega will inevitably release it on disc...probably with bonus content. The demo sure is awesome though.[/QUOTE]

We have a Sonic 4 discussion thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274537

I like it a lot. The stages are great, the graphics are nice, and the music is appropriately retro (though not as catchy as the old tunes). If you're happy with the demo, I don't think you'll regret buying the full game.

[quote name='genfuyung']It makes sense that they would gear the sales more toward the people who pay for Live doesn't it? If a person pays for live then obivously they are playing games online.[/QUOTE]

Either I worded my post poorly or you misunderstood.

Most of the time there are no sales for silver members such as myself. Silver members cannot play online (normally). This week and last week they have had sales for silver members. These sales for silver members have been almost exclusively map packs. So it makes no sense for them to gear map pack sales towards silver members as silver member cannot even use them. It's like offering a sale but then wondering why no one is buying. It's really not even a sale since the items being sold at a discount to silver members are unusable to them if they purchase them. Personally, I have no desire to buy map packs, I have all the consoles and play my games on the PS3 since I can do it there for free. I'm not buying multiplayer games on the Xbox and any game I buy for my 360 that has multiplayer only gets used free on silver weekends.

[quote name='typical guy']Either I worded my post poorly or you misunderstood.

Most of the time there are no sales for silver members such as myself. Silver members cannot play online (normally). This week and last week they have had sales for silver members. These sales for silver members have been almost exclusively map packs. So it makes no sense for them to gear map pack sales towards silver members as silver member cannot even use them. It's like offering a sale but then wondering why no one is buying. It's really not even a sale since the items being sold at a discount to silver members are unusable to them if they purchase them. Personally, I have no desire to buy map packs, I have all the consoles and play my games on the PS3 since I can do it there for free. I'm not buying multiplayer games on the Xbox and any game I buy for my 360 that has multiplayer only gets used free on silver weekends.[/QUOTE]

Unless they're doing it intentionally... baiting silver members into buying map packs or advertising multiplayer games to silver members thru dotw sales.

Silver members buy them, realize they can't use them, want to use them so they renew their xbl gold...

(just a thought)

I don't think it that nefarious...though I wouldn't put past MS. After all, you'd have to be pretty dumb not to realize that the maps are for MP, and you can't play the MP. More than likely, their strategy is, put the maps up for sale and try to get people to buy Gold along with them.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't think it that nefarious...though I wouldn't put past MS. After all, you'd have to be pretty dumb not to realize that the maps are for MP, and you can't play the MP. More than likely, their strategy is, put the maps up for sale and try to get people to buy Gold along with them.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

-November 10th: Guwange - ??00 Microsoft Points
-November 24th: Crazy Taxi - 800 Microsoft Points

[quote name='genfuyung']Debating on whether or not Sonic 4 is worth 800 points or if it will hit 560 pretty soon. Plus once all the episodes ar eout sega will inevitably release it on disc...probably with bonus content. The demo sure is awesome though.[/QUOTE]
I think the demo is the only good part. Thought the levels were dull and the music awful. Disappointed on the whole, and this isn't nostalgia talking.

[quote name='reddjoey']-November 10th: Guwange - ??00 Microsoft Points
[/QUOTE]That was fast. It's going to be both shocking and disappointing if they try to get the standard 1200 points for a direct port of such an old (but good) game. Even 800 points seems like a bit of a stretch.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't think it that nefarious...though I wouldn't put past MS. After all, you'd have to be pretty dumb not to realize that the maps are for MP, and you can't play the MP. More than likely, their strategy is, put the maps up for sale and try to get people to buy Gold along with them.[/QUOTE]

that's what i meant ;)

lol, but yeah that's probably more likely. or it's just a coincidence.

so i got all 5 DLC pinball fx tables (already own the game) in anticipation of pinball fx 2 totaling 1040 points, plus sonic and knuckles for 240. Gonna get BF:BC 2 DLC for 400 and Pinball fx 2 for 800, grand total of 2480, that should do it right? ,even though i'm buying the battlefield stuff for a discount? i also spent 320 on indie games but i heard that doesn't count.

...so guwange reminded me, but what are everyone's thoughts on Triggerheart Exelica ever going DotW? I doubt it will ever hit it, but I am stuck between finally getting it and letting the spending count towards the promo, or keep holding out for it to go on sale.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...so guwange reminded me, but what are everyone's thoughts on Triggerheart Exelica ever going DotW?[/QUOTE]

Ikaruga was a DOTW once, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back