Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jp0213']I picked up the Slipknot, Blink 182 and AFI packs. The first two had the proper dropped price and the AFI didn't have proper price yet. I didn't notice until after I had already purchased it.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Metallica pack today and hit the confirm button just as I noticed the full price was showing. But when I checked my balance after it processed, it did only take points off for the sale price. Whew!

[quote name='probin74243']I bought the Metallica pack today and hit the confirm button just as I noticed the full price was showing. But when I checked my balance after it processed, it did only take points off for the sale price. Whew![/QUOTE]
After doing the math on my purchases with my current points balance, same thing happened to me. Good call on that one.

For people who bought the Slipknot pack: were you actually able to download it? Mine errors out every time. Everything else I bought was fine.

And good God, these points go fast.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Monkey Island 2 and Deathspank within a week? I'm gonna need more MS points...[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

It's absolutely beautiful, fast, fun, and has a cool soundtrack. The unlockable options let you tailor the gameplay to your liking and offer a great incentive.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What are peoples impressions of After Burner Climax? Just curious... I may want it.[/QUOTE]

Buy it. It's well worth $5.

They announced the release dates for all the Summer Arcade titles.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/06/summer-of-arcade-xbla-games-dated-and-priced/

Edit: Also, after reading the article, it seems like in addition to the already-mentioned 1200 MSP free after rebate, buyers will get 400 back for buying three of the five titles. I'd imagine that means you can get a maximum of 1600 points back with this, then, but I'm not too sure.

Edit 2: Fixed amounts and math.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameofdoom666']Castlevania: Harmony of Despair has been priced at 1200 points. It comes out Wednesday, August 4th.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1104061p1.html[/QUOTE]

Joystiq posted the dates for all 5 games, and they are all 1200 Microsoft Points.

Limbo: July 21
Hydro Thunder Hurricane: July 28
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair: August 4
Monday Night Combat: August 11
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: August 18

EDIT: Jackie Chandler beat me to it!

[quote name='simmias']For people who bought the Slipknot pack: were you actually able to download it? Mine errors out every time. Everything else I bought was fine.

And good God, these points go fast.[/QUOTE]
I've also not been able to download the Slipknot pack. Gives me status code 80070570 every time. Sounds like something is jacked up with the download. I've got enough songs to go through so I'll give it a couple days and try again. I just got a 360 again last week and it is a 250GB Splinter Cell Console, I've only got 137GB left on it already. Way too much DLC.

[quote name='simmias']For people who bought the Slipknot pack: were you actually able to download it? Mine errors out every time. Everything else I bought was fine.

And good God, these points go fast.[/QUOTE]

Awesome question, seeing as I am having the same problem. Hopefully, the right people are aware and are working on a solution. I've bought probably a couple hundred RB songs and haven't had this problem yet.

On a side note, I just noticed that some sales aren't thaaaat great. The Nirvana 1 pack was like 7 songs for 440 points (good deal) and the Wolfmother and AFI packs are 440 points for only 5 songs each.

Got Tom Petty, unplayable Slipknot, and wouldn't mind some impressions on the Wolfmother pack

DToid just posted an article on the Summer of Arcade promotion:

"As revealed during E3, all games are priced at $15 each. For once, I think every title warrants it. Also returning from previous years is the ability to get money back for buying these games during the promotional phase."

Guess you can fill in those ?'s now. :p

EDIT: after reading the previous page, I realize I'm lttp XD. $15 for each one is crazy, even though they all look awesome.

Finally they announced the dates. Well, since they'll refund 400 points for buying 3 I'll get Lara croft, Monday night combat and Castlevania. Plenty of multiplayer opportunities for me and my friends. I'll pick up Limbo next year when I have more money/it goes on sale.

Yeah, even with the 1200 point rebate, the prices on those arcade games are pretty outrageous (and you know they'll all go on sale in a few months).

I think I'm just in for Hydro Thunder, Castlevania and Limbo for now.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Yeah, even with the 1200 point rebate, the prices on those arcade games are pretty outrageous (and you know they'll all go on sale in a few months).

I think I'm just in for Hydro Thunder, Castlevania and Limbo for now.[/QUOTE]

buying three gets you 400 points back so theres that. the 1200 is for all 5 and is in addition to the 400 you get for buying 3. So 1600 total for all 5.

[quote name='darrenaero']Awesome question, seeing as I am having the same problem. Hopefully, the right people are aware and are working on a solution. I've bought probably a couple hundred RB songs and haven't had this problem yet.

On a side note, I just noticed that some sales aren't thaaaat great. The Nirvana 1 pack was like 7 songs for 440 points (good deal) and the Wolfmother and AFI packs are 440 points for only 5 songs each.

Got Tom Petty, unplayable Slipknot, and wouldn't mind some impressions on the Wolfmother pack[/QUOTE]
I consider the AFI pack to be a good deal. 5 songs at 88 points each, whereas most individual songs are 160 points each.

Hell, I'd consider it a deal as long as they actually reduce the price on the songs. It's not like you can find the songs in some clearance bin somewhere (track packs are an exception).

Speaking of the AFI pack, some of the songs are a challenge on guitar on expert if you're not one of those insane people who can 100% any song.

[quote name='darrenaero']Awesome question, seeing as I am having the same problem. Hopefully, the right people are aware and are working on a solution. I've bought probably a couple hundred RB songs and haven't had this problem yet.
[/QUOTE]

I bought the Slipknot pack a few hours ago and had no trouble downloading it. I bought it through the RB2 Music Store if that makes any difference or not.

I also picked up the Nirvana and Tom Petty packs with no issue.

[quote name='MysteryMan2333']I bought the Slipknot pack a few hours ago and had no trouble downloading it. I bought it through the RB2 Music Store if that makes any difference or not.[/QUOTE]
I'm going try to download that pack through the Rock Band Store. Should show up as purchased anyway. Maybe it is some weird thing with the marketplace right now.

Update: Same error. Damn it.

[quote name='bywaytm']buying three gets you 400 points back so theres that. the 1200 is for all 5 and is in addition to the 400 you get for buying 3. So 1600 total for all 5.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that those wont stack, it would either be 400 for 3 OR 1200 for all of them, I doubt it would stack to make 1600. Though if it does, perhaps I will end up getting all of them, like I did last Summer of Arcade.

For those having trouble with DLC shoot a tweet to @XboxSupport . Those guys/gals are quick to help out if and quick to notify the higher ups of problems

[quote name='BrolyB593']I have a feeling that those wont stack, it would either be 400 for 3 OR 1200 for all of them, I doubt it would stack to make 1600. Though if it does, perhaps I will end up getting all of them, like I did last Summer of Arcade.[/QUOTE]

I read it as it would either be 400 if you bought 3 or 1200 if you bought all 5, but not combined as well. Could be wrong though.

I updated the first post and added the official word from MS. You either get 1200 or 400 back. Thanks for all the patience while I was off having fun.

[quote name='bywaytm']buying three gets you 400 points back so theres that. the 1200 is for all 5 and is in addition to the 400 you get for buying 3. So 1600 total for all 5.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get that idea? No where is that even implied, though it is explicitly contradicted in the fine print.

"Purchase all 5 Summer of Arcade games: Limbo, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, & Monday Night Combat before August 31, 2010 11:59pm EST, and receive 1200 Microsoft® Points — FREE! (Or, purchase at least 3 Summer of Arcade titles and receive 400 Microsoft Points for FREE!) Limit one (1) gift per person: either 400 Points or 1200 Points."

[quote name='reddjoey']For those having trouble with DLC shoot a tweet to @XboxSupport . Those guys/gals are quick to help out if and quick to notify the higher ups of problems[/QUOTE]
Shot them a tweet. They are following me but I haven't got an answer from them yet.

[quote name='hpv']Where'd you get that idea? No where is that even implied, though it is explicitly contradicted in the fine print.

"Purchase all 5 Summer of Arcade games: Limbo, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, & Monday Night Combat before August 31, 2010 11:59pm EST, and receive 1200 Microsoft® Points — FREE! (Or, purchase at least 3 Summer of Arcade titles and receive 400 Microsoft Points for FREE!) Limit one (1) gift per person: either 400 Points or 1200 Points."[/QUOTE]

Just taking it from the Joystiq article that was posted here before anyone (including apparently Joystiq) was looking at the fine print. I think everyone just assumed they would be sticking to their usual plan, just with a little twist.

Its disappointing that they arent giving the full 1600 like previous years.

Apparently as pointed out below it was only 800 total last year.

Awesome! thanks for the update redjoey!

buy 4 get 1 free basically. IDK, I'll have to check out Limbo for sure, but not sure I can get into Castlevania, the other 3 look pretty decent already, Hydrothunder is my main MUST BUY!

[quote name='token2k6']Awesome! thanks for the update redjoey!

buy 4 get 1 free basically. IDK, I'll have to check out Limbo for sure, but not sure I can get into Castlevania, the other 3 look pretty decent already, Hydrothunder is my main MUST BUY![/QUOTE]

It's actually buy 5 get one free. You have to buy all 5 titles to get the free 1200 points which can then be used on anything. The difference being $75 out of pocket instead of $60. But I agree it's basically B4G1F if you'd eventually buy $15 of other stuff anyway.

[quote name='probin74243']It's actually buy 5 get one free. You have to buy all 5 titles to get the free 1200 points which can then be used on anything. The difference being $75 out of pocket instead of $60. But I agree it's basically B4G1F if you'd eventually buy $15 of other stuff anyway.[/QUOTE]

gwaaa, IDK what I was thinking (too early!), but technically you let me get around it, thanks! ;)

Monkey Island 2 is up at the moment on XBLM. Blacklight isn't up yet.

And for the bonuses back, you're getting a 11% return back when you buy 3 and get 400 points back, while you're getting a 20% return back when you buy 5 and get 1200 points back. It's either B2G1/3rdF or B4G1F.

Unless two of them suck horribly, I guess I'm in for all five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back