Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more expensive one has more templar secret locations from what I've read. Seems worth the extra 160 for something that normally ran 560 pts.

Deathspank this week and AC2 DLC next week. Even thought they're somewhat pricey, w/ MSpoints being so cheap as of late I'm a happy camper. Thanks OP.

I've been trying to trade for a Forli code for a long time. Finally it's on sale and I can just get it myself. Only 25% off, but beggars/choosers and all.

hm i'll probably be getting the AC2 DLC since i was waiting for it to drop a buck or two before picking it up. is the pack with secret locations worth the extra $2? what do you do in them?

[quote name='nycmetsfan']damn deadliest warrior is so/so for me

ill have a guy with barely any health and he kills me with 2 blows to the chest[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the point of the game: Realism. The AI is pretty hard in the demo, but the fact is that you can only survive, at most, 5 hits.

*For Xbox live Gold Members only*
Major Nelson posted a video in the spotlight section of the 360 interface that stated that they will be the deal of the week next week. The price for buying both together is 400 points.

-On a side note the Halo Legendary and Mythic Map packs will be permanently reduced starting next week as well

Damn... and I bought both of the add-ons for ACII on realase day... I didn't even get to Sequence 13 before I traded it in... Oh well I guess. Might it be worth it to get the add-on with the secret locations?

I almost bought the ACII DLC yesterday, but decided not to in case it went on sale. Looks like I was right. This makes me very happy.

XBLA has way too many games to not have at least two on sale per week. This weeks only game has already been on sale and next week there is nothing. What's up with that?

XBLA Deals of the Week and extra sales have been sooooo good lately, it seems many people have gotten spoiled (rotten). It doesn't surprise me they would tone it down leading up to and during the Summer of Arcade period. MS wouldn't want to take any of the attention from that promo. Hopefully, we'll get back to multiple, top shelf games on sale each week after that, including more RB DLC. Ok, I'm a little spoiled too.

Now the question is do I pick up a Cheap copy of ACII and get the DLC on sale or just wait for the "complete Edition" that has been announced.... mmmm.

None, zippy, zero talk about South Park. And that game's thread hasn't been touched or rebumped since April, I think.

Is it bad or are people just not interested or both?

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Now the question is do I pick up a Cheap copy of ACII and get the DLC on sale or just wait for the "complete Edition" that has been announced.... mmmm.[/QUOTE]

It's already out in the UK, and if the US edition ends up being the same, it's actually just like the RE5 Gold Edition: you get the regular disc, and a code to download the DLC. So if you can find a copy of the regular game for cheap enough...

[quote name='Rollobobo']Man, I wanna buy Death Spank but I am sick of paying these 1200 point costs....Microsoft what gives...10 should be max.[/QUOTE]
This is really the "Summer of price gouging", 6-8 months from now these games will be on sale for the price they should be right now...

[quote name='SimaYi']This is really the "Summer of price gouging", 6-8 months from now these games will be on sale for the price they should be right now...[/QUOTE]

the thing is, they can sell these games to all the fans and people that will purchase day 1 at a higher price, and then sell them to all of us that will only buy on "sale" when in all actuality the games will be full price around 800 pts, but they know some people will only buy if its on sale.

not a bad idea by them imo...

[quote name='tyrok3k']XBLA has way too many games to not have at least two on sale per week. This weeks only game has already been on sale and next week there is nothing. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say there's no sale next week. From what I've been noticing, lately the sales have been getting announced fairy late (as in closer to the start of the week).

has the secret armory dlc for borderlands had a price drop? after getting the ac2 dlc next week, i'll be waiting for that (and maybe the underdome but i heard its the worst of the 3), and the paid ME2 DLC to go on sale.

[quote name='SimaYi']This is really the "Summer of price gouging", 6-8 months from now these games will be on sale for the price they should be right now...[/QUOTE]

Well apparently 1200 is looking to be the new sweet spot for most games in the future according to Microsoft. I will miss paying 800 points for titles like Bionic Commando and Perfect Dark but if we are getting titles like Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex more often I won't care :). Thanks for who ever redirected my post, because I didn't notice this thread existed.

glad to see the halo3 maps getting a drop, even though I already haveem. Only time I liked to play the game was with a lot of friends on big team battle. I stopped playing the game cause I would play the same two disc based maps again and again.

Did anyone who bought the AC2 content think it's worth it? (for 5 bucks at least) I have the game, and haven't beaten it yet (love it so far though). But I'm still leaning towards passing on this one.

[quote name='Cheapskate']It's already out in the UK, and if the US edition ends up being the same, it's actually just like the RE5 Gold Edition: you get the regular disc, and a code to download the DLC. So if you can find a copy of the regular game for cheap enough...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.. I think I'll look around for a copy this weekend.

[quote name='budz']Did anyone who bought the AC2 content think it's worth it? (for 5 bucks at least) I have the game, and haven't beaten it yet (love it so far though). But I'm still leaning towards passing on this one.[/QUOTE]

The game's awesome but even with just the stuff on the disc, there's a ton to do. I'm getting close to the end and unless something goes dreadfully wrong right at the end, I think I'll be happy to finish what's there and move on.

Man are you serious? I just bought that AC2 DLC like a week ago. Oh well guess you cant win them all. I thought the dlc missions were pretty fun and IMO it would have been a no brainer for me if they were on sale.

The people on the xbox.com forums who have played the DLC are pretty down on it. I was waiting for a sale, but I was hoping for more than 25% off. I really, really liked the game... and I'd like to see the missing years... but $8 for DLC that should take about 2 hours to finish (someone said they beat one of the missions in 10 minutes...?) still seems a little steep.

[quote name='xhonzi']The people on the xbox.com forums who have played the DLC are pretty down on it. I was waiting for a sale, but I was hoping for more than 25% off. I really, really liked the game... and I'd like to see the missing years... but $8 for DLC that should take about 2 hours to finish (someone said they beat one of the missions in 10 minutes...?) still seems a little steep.[/QUOTE]

If you enjoyed the game and wanted more, $8 for 2 hours worth of additional content doesn't sound too bad if you can equate it as $40 for a 10 hour game. I would have picked it up if I didn't beat (and trade in) the game months ago. I just can't get into DLC (same for Mass Effect 2) months after the game has been released unless I planned on playing it again.

[quote name='IMD1']
Major Nelson posted a video in the spotlight section of the 360 interface that stated that they will be the deal of the week next week. The price for buying both together is 400 points.

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that Major Nelson misspoke when he said this, as the 400 point bundle is just for Sequence 13 and the Secret Locations.

Edit: Just watched the video again on Inside Xbox, and he did say it was Sequence 13 and Secret Locations for 400...maybe I got excited and was just hoping for both sequences in a bundle for that price...oh well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tominater12']Well I am not getting limbo now it is only 3 hours long....[/QUOTE]

Yeah $15 for 3 hours might seem steep, but I wouldn't write it off before trying the demo.

It's funny... if it was last summer, when Microsoft was still very reluctant to put titles on sale, I'd definitely be grabbing Limbo this week. But as it is, I'm certain we'll see a sizeable discount on it, probably before the end of the year. I'm still tempted to support the developer, but really would prefer to do so at 800 points :)

no offense to the OP, but UbiSoft turds are charging fans/owners of ACII for delayed content. 25% sale is a joke, these DLC 'should' be free since a copy of ACII is required to play them.

Did you already pay for your copy?

[quote name='tominater12']Well I am not getting limbo now it is only 3 hours long....[/QUOTE]

Braid and Portal were also only a few hours long, and as we all know those weren't very good games either.

I had started Assassin's Creed II a few months ago but stopped because I wanted to play the DLC chapters once they went on sale. Looks like I can finally get back into that game.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']no offense to the OP, but UbiSoft turds are charging fans/owners of ACII for delayed content. 25% sale is a joke, these DLC 'should' be free since a copy of ACII is required to play them.

Did you already pay for your copy?[/QUOTE]

What do I care, I don't choose the deals, I just post 'em. But, please don't try and troll here....

I think it was pretty clear this DLC was planned from the moment in the game that you discovered that 2 sequences were skipped. Also, the discount is low because the initial price was low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered Assassins Creed 2. Won't Be in until next week so I just picked up the DLC while it was on sale. Got it for 19.99 since the stores I went to didn't have any copies. So I basically paid almost 30 bucks for a full game instead 30 for just pieces of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back