Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='360...']
They really had enough great games coming out this year to have 2 Summer of Arcades, the second one being:
Deathspank (July 14)
Scott Pilgram vs. the World (Aug 15)
Shank (Aug 15)
Comic Jumper
Hydrophobia
[/QUOTE]

Some others I'm looking forward to that you didn't mention yet:
Plants vs. Zombies (Sept)
Space Invaders Infinity Gene (Sept)
Super Meat Boy
Sonic 4
Pac-Man CE DX

[quote name='DeathBringer']I'm seeing more discussion, and reviews then actual deals.

Spending full price on a XBLA title is not a deal.[/QUOTE]
This discussion is about a deal. And the deal would be the Summer of Arcade lineup, which includes Hydro Thunder Hurricane. And people are questioning buying it if it's as bad as a review said, which apparently it's not, since in order to receive the 1200 points back you need to purchase all 5 games. That and a bunch of people are mentioning that they are picking up the Borderlands DLC since it's on sale.

Plus you can't really mention that you found "x game for y price at z store" considering this thread is about the weekly sales on Xbox Live, which are not really YMMV (aside from being different in some countries occasionally).

[quote name='DeathBringer']I'm seeing more discussion, and reviews then actual deals.

You just contributed so much. Thank you for that insightful post.

Anyway, still on the fence about Hydro Thunder. Glad to know the people who bought it are liking it.

[quote name='gordojones88']Some others I'm looking forward to that you didn't mention yet:
Plants vs. Zombies (Sept)
Space Invaders Infinity Gene (Sept)
Super Meat Boy
Sonic 4
Pac-Man CE DX

.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea I forgot about most of those, isnt Plants vs Zombies coming out on a disc tho? but the other filler would probably be Space Invaders or Super Meat Boy because those I have herd are still coming out within the next couple months, where as Sonic 4 may not even be coming out until 2011 and Pac-Man CE DX I would not know

[quote name='DeathBringer']Go download the demo, and decide also someone tell us the next sale.[/QUOTE]

While I see your point, discussion about XBLA releases helps in several ways.

1. It eliminates threads popping up saying... "Game X out on XBLA today" or "Game X out on XBLA 99/99/9999."

2. Some people like the "reviews" of others to decide if MSRP is a deal. Not every game goes on sale. Some have been de-listed before ever going on sale; so the only deal was MSRP.

3. Summer of Arcade, Arcade Block Party, LIVEapolloza, other rebates are "deals" and thus will appear here.

4. All this keeps the thread bumped up to the first couple of pages, which prevents "OMG Game X is 90% off on XBLA" threads.

5. I don't make the deals, I just post 'em. I list all my sources in the FAQ, shoot an email to them and DEMAND to know what deal is next if you are so antsy.

You are stupid.

[quote name='360...']Oh yea I forgot about most of those, isnt Plants vs Zombies coming out on a disc tho?[/QUOTE]

It is. It's being released in an arcade disc pack with Peggle and Zuma for $19.99.

Okay, I bought Hydro Thunder and I'm loving it. The graphics are actually quite good (not retail title good, but still nice). There's tons of stuff to complete and unlock. Exploring the levels looking for new shortcuts and the hidden crates is awesome. Split-screen is sweet and the ability to go online with split-screen players is icing on the cake. Don't listen to reviews on this one - try the demo and see for yourself.

I bought Hydro last night. I thought the tracks were great and it feels a lot like the original. The only thing I don't really like is the announcer. The original announcer was so loud and over-the-top, it makes the new one sound too mellow and as if he's not trying hard enough.

I don't regret buying this for $15 though. Just try the demo out first if you're not sure...

[quote name='reddjoey']2. Some people like the "reviews" of others to decide if MSRP is a deal. Not every game goes on sale. Some have been de-listed before ever going on sale; so the only deal was MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Has this happened to a lot of games? I didn't even know they were 'de-listing' items. What games have I missed? :cry:

Here's a list of de-listed games.
Battlestar Galactica, Lost Cities, Cyberball 2072, Defender, Double Dragon, Gauntlet, Joust, Paperboy, Robotron: 2084, Root Beer Tapper, Smash TV, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, Dash of Destruction (Free), Yaris (Free), EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Draft Tracker, EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Score Tracker

Of those, I know UMK3 got a price drop. None of the others were ever on sale, but I could be wrong. I did a quick google search just to be safe and UMK3 was the only one I saw with a price change.

I just wanted to state that I have been happy the direction this thread has been going. People's opinions about titles have helped me in my decisions on picking up certain titles like Poker Smash. I also think it has been great to see a running list of when certain titles will release as well. Thanks ReddJoey for creating/maintaining such a great thread!

[quote name='reddjoey']Here's a list of de-listed games.
Battlestar Galactica, Lost Cities, Cyberball 2072, Defender, Double Dragon, Gauntlet, Joust, Paperboy, Robotron: 2084, Root Beer Tapper, Smash TV, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, Dash of Destruction (Free), Yaris (Free), EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Draft Tracker, EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Score Tracker

Of those, I know UMK3 got a price drop. None of the others were ever on sale, but I could be wrong. I did a quick google search just to be safe and UMK3 was the only one I saw with a price change.[/QUOTE]

Interesting list. I can see why most of them were discontinued. Personally, other than the couple of 8 bit classics that can be gotten for free on any PC those games look like mostly crap.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Interesting list. I can see why most of them were discontinued. Personally, other than the couple of 8 bit classics that can be gotten for free on any PC those games look like mostly crap.[/QUOTE]

The last two aren't even games, and Yaris / Totemball are regarded as some of the crappiest games ever (at least this generation). Dash of Destruction isn't really any good either, but it's an EXTREMELY easy 200/200.

Most of the others were because the company went of of business (I wanted to get Smash TV and never did), and in the case of Lost Cities, I believe there was an expiration of a license or something.

[quote name='genfuyung']Is that scott pilgrim game confirmed for 15 dollars? Isnt the PSN version only 10? If thats the case then I'll just get the PSN version.[/QUOTE]

While I could be mistaken, I believe that's only a preorder sale. Afterwards, it'll be $15, but not owning a PS3 (thus not paying attention to it's news), I'm not 100%.

[quote name='JStryke']The last two aren't even games, and Yaris / Totemball are regarded as some of the crappiest games ever (at least this generation). Dash of Destruction isn't really any good either, but it's an EXTREMELY easy 200/200.

Most of the others were because the company went of of business (I wanted to get Smash TV and never did), and in the case of Lost Cities, I believe there was an expiration of a license or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those were all de-listed due to licensing issues (except Yaris and Dash for Destruction, those were adver-games and taken down after the "determined time").

The main point is most were taken down with no warning and not put on sale. That's more of the point I was making

First off, SHIT! when did Battlestar Galactica get de-listed?

Second To get the 400 or 1200 MS rebate, If I use a code won during a contest, or gotten in a trade will the game count towards the rebate even if I didn't use MS points to get it?

[quote name='reddjoey']Here's a list of de-listed games.

Of those, I know UMK3 got a price drop. None of the others were ever on sale, but I could be wrong. I did a quick google search just to be safe and UMK3 was the only one I saw with a price change.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that Gauntlet did go on sale. Paperboy went on sale on amazon so that may be where I got Gauntlet, too. Double Dragon may have had a sale, but I might have just paid full price for it cause well, it's awesome.

I accidentally used too many points during the music dlc sale and I'm now at 350 points and I MUST get Knoxx this week. Any sales on points anywhere?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'm pretty sure that Gauntlet did go on sale. Paperboy went on sale on amazon so that may be where I got Gauntlet, too. Double Dragon may have had a sale, but I might have just paid full price for it cause well, it's awesome.

I accidentally used too many points during the music dlc sale and I'm now at 350 points and I MUST get Knoxx this week. Any sales on points anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I didn't think about the Amazon sales. I'm sure you guys see my (now muddled) point.

Knoxx is a MUST buy if you plan on playing through Borderlands. It adds so much more.

[quote name='agentcoop007']First off, SHIT! when did Battlestar Galactica get de-listed?

Second To get the 400 or 1200 MS rebate, If I use a code won during a contest, or gotten in a trade will the game count towards the rebate even if I didn't use MS points to get it?[/QUOTE]

People have had success in the past getting the rebates... I'd read the thread from last year, but that could have changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='josmo420']how come all the boarderlands DLC is showing full price on xbox.com?[/QUOTE]

Are you logged into your account?

[quote name='InvaderZim']Are you logged into your account?[/QUOTE]
yes and they are showing at 800 points. Do I have to buy them through my xbox?

[quote name='josmo420']yes and they are showing at 800 points. Do I have to buy them through my xbox?[/QUOTE]
Are you logged into your Gold account?

I heard that 1 of the 3 borderland DLC packages was just multiplayer is that right? I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy, no friends :) on xbox live that is.

is borderlands better on pc or xbox? i have my copy of borderlands on xbox still sealed, but don't mind selling/trading it and getting a pc version if its better.

[quote name='frpilot']is borderlands better on pc or xbox? i have my copy of borderlands on xbox still sealed, but don't mind selling/trading it and getting a pc version if its better.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why the PC version would be better unless you don't have Live Gold. Whatever you play online with other people the most is the version you should use. FYI MSRP for the game now is $40 so you're not going to get a whole lot if you try to sell that new copy on CAG/Amazon/EBay/CList.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats right, Mad Moxi's Underdome is MP based.[/QUOTE]

Well you guys seem to forget the underdome is an important dlc for one reason..... THE Bank... The arena battles get dull and the 20 round stuff was the dumbest thing ever. If you did it legit like me it took me weeks and each time a few hours per try. You had to have AT least 3 good people and a ok 4th to do it. These days everyone has those bad guns and shields that let you never die so you can solo them for the achievements. I wish i would of that had to be the worst dlc i played just cause to many people on live are not good team players. They are always out doing there own thing making you fail cause of there solo rambo junk.

The underdome is a must for the bank all that storage is a must. The rest of it was a joke for me and my friends. Good luck finding people willing to do it legit cause nobody i talked to liked the arena battle for many reasons. You do not level up for once and they rarely drop anything except between rounds which there is a glitch that most of the loot gets stuck and can not get it.

Well off to bed before my head explodes from the dryer effect.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I don't see why the PC version would be better unless you don't have Live Gold. Whatever you play online with other people the most is the version you should use. FYI MSRP for the game now is $40 so you're not going to get a whole lot if you try to sell that new copy on CAG/Amazon/EBay/CList.[/QUOTE]

The PC version has more bad apples on it cause of more mods and what not. It is also lets you do neat things i hear. I prefer the console version for some reason.

the only reason i am asking is because i've built a pretty powerful gaming pc and starting to get my games (especially single player) on pc to utilize the better graphics. plus, games on pc are cheaper and graphics are better.

i try to get my multiplayer games on xbox and i know borderlands is multiplayer intensive.

[quote name='JDUB X']Has Totemball even been de-listed? I saw it listed a week ago inside Destination Arcade.[/QUOTE]

It is still there and still crappy. I think it was just mentioned along with the other free games that were actually de-listed.

[quote name='frpilot']the only reason i am asking is because i've built a pretty powerful gaming pc[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember those days...

Building my PC from scratch, getting the best components I could afford.

Then I remember that 6 months later my new PC was already outdated.:bomb:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Midway's arcade games are all gone.[/QUOTE]

what a shame, but i don't know how likely it was that i'd play umk3

[quote name='josmo420']yes and they are showing at 800 points. Do I have to buy them through my xbox?[/QUOTE]

I just brought secret armory a couple of minutes ago on xbox.com and it was still at 400

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I just brought secret armory a couple of minutes ago on xbox.com and it was still at 400[/QUOTE]

DAMN. Missed it.

I tried a couple of seconds ago... Even though it says 400 MSP, when you click buy, it says 800 MSP on the account details...

I was going to buy for 400, but not for 800...

EDIT: Now I go back and the download area for each says 800 MSP. I must have tried to buy, literally, as they brought the prices back to normal. That sucks. Oh well. I have too much backlog, anyway. Guess I'll quit playing when I hit level 50 and finish the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back