Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. I just got the shirt. I'm going to get the other content in the next few days when I get more points. Do you guys think any of the other DLC is going on sale any time soon? If not I'm just going to go ahead and buy everything now.

[quote name='BloodGodAlucard']Thanks for the update. I just got the shirt. I'm going to get the other content in the next few days when I get more points. Do you guys think any of the other DLC is going on sale any time soon? If not I'm just going to go ahead and buy everything now.[/QUOTE]

Going to hold off for a couple wee s and see if the other dlc for DA goes on sale.

This thread rules!:applause:

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Have the Penny Arcade adventures gone on sale in the past to anyone's recollection?[/QUOTE]

Yes, a while back.

With the drop of Origins to $30 MSRP this week at Best Buy/Amazon, and the recent drop of Awakening to $30 MSRP, I'm starting to wonder if Awakening will be included in the Ultimate Version. I didn't think EA would do it, but now I'm not sure. I'd say it's a 50/50 chance.

Also we probably won't hear anything until Sept. I'd say as they don't want to lose sales of the Golems DLC coming out later today.

I noticed here that Matt Hazard on the PSN has had a permanent price drop to $10. Anyone think there is a chance the XBLA version will too?

Monday Night Combat is quite a bit of fun. At first I was not feeling it but once you put some time into it and get accustomed to how the game plays out it is tons of fun.

My buddy and I played together a bunch today seeing as it has the lovely feature of having a Guest sign in and play online with you.

Granted I feel as though it is a bit unbalanced in some regards, it is surprisingly smooth and overall it is pretty balanced.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Have the Penny Arcade adventures gone on sale in the past to anyone's recollection?[/QUOTE]

They went 1/2-off on PSN, but to the best of my recollection, they haven't been on sale on XBLA.

[quote name='fatboyjam']They went 1/2-off on PSN, but to the best of my recollection, they haven't been on sale on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Bad memory, sadly.

Episode 1 was 33, and then eventually 50% off.

Episode 2 was on sale once.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Do we suspect that other DA:O add-ons will go on sale next week or in the following?[/QUOTE]

Man, I really hope so. I want Leliana's Song, and then I'll probably be done with anything new for the game.:D

[quote name='shieryda']Man, I really hope so. I want Leliana's Song, and then I'll probably be done with anything new for the game.:D[/QUOTE]

Which have you picked up?

so this is kind of a few weeks late, but i just got around to playing mad moxxi dlc for borderlands that i bought on sale. man am i disappointed. me and my brother were playing with our characters that just hit lvl 50, and we couldn't get past round 2 in any of the arenas (since each round is 5 waves). and the first mission before anything else is to fight through 75 waves (5 rounds in the 3 arenas)? it really seems like something only for 4 players to do.
and the worst part- you don't get any experience for the kills?! really??

i knew going in that mad moxxi wasn't really great but i didn't expect it to be a grind quest. oh well i think i'll move on to secret armory sooner then i expected.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Which have you picked up?[/QUOTE]

All but Darkspawn (probably will get that if it goes on sale), Leliana's and the new dlc (with the golems). Started my second playthrough this week.

I was just in the bathroom, thinking that maybe I'll just get Awakening on the retail disc. I'd almost rather get a little something back for it once I'm done playing it. What do you guys think? Does it matter at all to most of you?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='y2jasper']so this is kind of a few weeks late, but i just got around to playing mad moxxi dlc for borderlands that i bought on sale. man am i disappointed. me and my brother were playing with our characters that just hit lvl 50, and we couldn't get past round 2 in any of the arenas (since each round is 5 waves). and the first mission before anything else is to fight through 75 waves (5 rounds in the 3 arenas)? it really seems like something only for 4 players to do.
and the worst part- you don't get any experience for the kills?! really??

i knew going in that mad moxxi wasn't really great but i didn't expect it to be a grind quest. oh well i think i'll move on to secret armory sooner then i expected.[/QUOTE]

Er, me and a buddy beat the first 3 arenas in our 30s... Haven't tried the next 3 yet, but I'd say the first ones should be doable for 2 players in their 50s.

Plan some tactics for the specific wave types, change your build a bit, etc.

[quote name='illennium']I got Return to Ostagar. Seems worth it. How about Warden's Keep -- is that one worth it?[/QUOTE]

As I said in my mini-review, Warden's Keep is a MUST because of the chest you get at the end to hold all your extra stuff.

[quote name='shieryda']I was just in the bathroom, thinking that maybe I'll just get Awakening on the retail disc. I'd almost rather get a little something back for it once I'm done playing it. What do you guys think? Does it matter at all to most of you?[/QUOTE]
I got the disc during EA's 50% off coupon thing a while back. There's no real advantage to the download, since either way you need a disc in the drive to play it.

Does anyone know how the Summer Arcade Promo works? Do you have to actually purchase them with points or will you still get the 'purchase' credit if you redeem a code on your account? Say if I buy 3 or 4 but traded for a code of one of the games on here. I have bought Castlevania, Limbo, traded for a Hydro code, and plan to buy Lara Croft...if that works then I would definitely go ahead and buy MNC with points since Ill get the 1200 back.

On a side note...if anyone has a spare Monday Night Combat code theyd like to sell, ill buy it with paypal + fees. If the rebate deal doesnt work with codes ill still have actually bought 3 of the 5 with MSP to get 400 at least.

[quote name='totoguy']Er, me and a buddy beat the first 3 arenas in our 30s... Haven't tried the next 3 yet, but I'd say the first ones should be doable for 2 players in their 50s.

Plan some tactics for the specific wave types, change your build a bit, etc.[/QUOTE]

It scales to the level of the person initiating the quest. So if you're different levels, use the lower level person. It also means that it's not easier for 50s than for 30s.

[quote name='zeb06']Does anyone know how the Summer Arcade Promo works? Do you have to actually purchase them with points or will you still get the 'purchase' credit if you redeem a code on your account? Say if I buy 3 or 4 but traded for a code of one of the games on here. I have bought Castlevania, Limbo, traded for a Hydro code, and plan to buy Lara Croft...if that works then I would definitely go ahead and buy MNC with points since Ill get the 1200 back.

On a side note...if anyone has a spare Monday Night Combat code theyd like to sell, ill buy it with paypal + fees. If the rebate deal doesnt work with codes ill still have actually bought 3 of the 5 with MSP to get 400 at least.[/QUOTE]

You have to actually purchase them from within your XBOX Live profile, redeeming codes don't count.

Also, you are missing out if you skip out on MNC, easily one of the best XBLA games out there.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I got the disc during EA's 50% off coupon thing a while back. There's no real advantage to the download, since either way you need a disc in the drive to play it.[/QUOTE]

You probably answered this in the DA thread, but could I get retail copy of Awakening, rip it and keep the Origin disc to play the content? I can't believe that they do it like Oblivion.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You have to actually purchase them from within your XBOX Live profile, redeeming codes don't count.

Also, you are missing out if you skip out on MNC, easily one of the best XBLA games out there.[/QUOTE]
Alright cool, thanks. I will probably end up getting it, but at least I know that ill get the 400 points...can wait a bit till I find someone on here selling/trading it or I get some extra MSP. Too invested in Castlevania HoD right now...fantastic game that is right up my alley, cant wait for its DLCs.

[quote name='y2jasper']when do we find out what next week's sale is?[/QUOTE]

Will there be one next week? Dragon Age sale ends 8/22, so I'm not sure if they'll a separate sale for next week...

[quote name='shieryda']You probably answered this in the DA thread, but could I get retail copy of Awakening, rip it and keep the Origin disc to play the content? I can't believe that they do it like Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

No if you use the Awakening disc at all it has to be in the drive to play (even if you rip it to the HDD.) If you buy the digital version, you just need the Origins disk.

[quote name='shieryda']Will there be one next week? Dragon Age sale ends 8/22, so I'm not sure if they'll a separate sale for next week...[/QUOTE]

oh is it? my mistake i figured it was only a week like usual.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No if you use the Awakening disc at all it has to be in the drive to play (even if you rip it to the HDD.) If you buy the digital version, you just need the Origins disk.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'm still undecided. I really want to play it, and have MS and Goozex points enough for either. I guess I have a couple more weeks to decide.:D

I like Warden's Keep and the chest is a need. Its not as good as Stone Prisoner (or as integrated), but still worth playing. I don't totally agree with the OP on Stone Prisoner...its not super long, but its very entertaining and really enhances the overall story.

Return to Ostagar was a little disappointing, but its better if you pick the right characters (if you've played through the rest of the game it shouldn't be hard to figure out).

I'm not through with Leliana's Song or Darkspawn chronicles. They are both fun in their own way, but certainly Leliana's is more interesting story-wise. I can't see that either one is going to make much if any difference in your main quest.

Awakenings is fun and long enough for the money, but too easy and kind of unnecessary until you've completed a few of the origins and the overall game at least once (I started after three completions of the main game).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You have to actually purchase them from within your XBOX Live profile, redeeming codes don't count.[/QUOTE]They said the same thing last summer, but I got all the previous year's SoA titles by redemption code and received the MSPoints rebate. So did all of my friends who redeemed a code for some (and purchasing the rest) or all the titles.

But maybe they're serious this year.

any one picked up the new red dead map pack/character that came out this week--thinking of getting it since i have a few points-

any good/worth the 800??

[quote name='youenvy']any one picked up the new red dead map pack/character that came out this week--thinking of getting it since i have a few points-

any good/worth the 800??[/QUOTE]

I was planning on holding onto the game and then getting back into the multiplayer again once that pack was on sale for something more reasonable such as 560 or 400.

[quote name='DeathBringer']It depends how much you enjoy the Red Dead multiplayer.

I like co-op missions more.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I loved the singleplayer, and I liked the co-op a lot, but I hated the MP. There wasn't enough to do, and 99% of people were jerks, and there was no reason to level up besides getting weapons and mounts that you already had in singleplayer (unless you spend literally hundreds of hours playing the MP so you can get a bull or a zombie donkey as a mount, which is pointless), and you'd always get killed by annoying players when all you were trying to do was ride from one place to another.

Wholly unrelated: I'm watching the Dodgers-Braves game, and for no reason at all, they just played the theme to the US version of "The Office" on the organ. It was awesome.

Kinda disappointed how Microsoft decided to run the DA Promotion for 2 weeks. I hope they are not going in the same direction as Sony when they are doing their PSN+ updates every 2 weeks.

[quote name='vlv723']Kinda disappointed how Microsoft decided to run the DA Promotion for 2 weeks. I hope they are not going in the same direction as Sony when they are doing their PSN+ updates every 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

It is to make sure the emphasis (and your points) is on the Summer of Arcade for the last two weeks, is my guess.

I'm surprised we saw deals at all during the promotion.

While I could see your point that it sucks, and animal does have a point, I'm a little glad there's a small break in the action at the moment. I can finally save my points a little which doesn't seem to be something I've done in a bit. :razz:

[quote name='eugaet']They said the same thing last summer, but I got all the previous year's SoA titles by redemption code and received the MSPoints rebate. So did all of my friends who redeemed a code for some (and purchasing the rest) or all the titles.

But maybe they're serious this year.[/QUOTE]

Then maybe I just got hosed? Last year I got all the SoA titles from my XBOX profile, except for Trials HD which I got as a code from Amazon since it was 400pts cheaper...and doing so screwed me out of the rebate.

Week of August 23:

BioShock 2 Rapture Metro, 400 Microsoft Points

BioShock 2 Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack, 240 Microsoft

BioShock Rosie Big Daddy Outfit 240 Microsoft Points (Male) (Female)

BioShock Watchface Big Daddy Doll, 160 Microsoft Points

Week of August 30:

Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition, 800 Microsoft Points

Aliens vs Predator Swarm Map Pack , 560 Microsoft Points

Galaga Legions, 400 Microsoft Points

I might get Galaga Legions. I am going to go check some trailers for
Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition to see what it looks like.

[quote name='Khalid']SALES[/QUOTE]
Updated. Thanks for the post.

Take a look at the What's in this DLC post. If anyone wants to post "reviews" or notes I'll link to it in the OP. Also, I need a little clarity on the Bioshock2 end.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Khalid']Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition, 800 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]Wow, that didn't take long to go on sale.

Shocking that the Bioshock 2 packs are on sale so soon...guess they must have not done good.

EDIT: NVM I thought the recently released DLC was part of the sale.

after a 2 week wait, I was hoping for some better deals than map packs and a few arcade games I'm not interested in.

oh well, I've only got 1590 points left, which should get me the next Borderlands add on plus a few Rock Band tracks

/begin rant

Galaga Legions is unbelievably hard.
For most casual players, you won't ever see anything past level 2.
The developer apologized and created a help Faq.
It's worth $5, but some people may only see a small portion of the game
if you're not good enough to beat and unlock anything past level 2.
Good luck.

just came to say Galaga Legions FTW! I'd definitely be down if I didn't already have it..but I can agree with gordonjones88, it is very tough and difficult..pretty much just worth it for the nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back