Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']Don't know if the sale went active yet, but has anybody else been having trouble trying to buy DLC from the xbox website? I can go on my xbox just fine and do it, but for certain games (Bioshock being one of them), the in-game DLC doesn't show up.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are selecting the correct Bioshock 2. On dash there are 2 options for this game, somehow they released a bunch of avatar items as a second Bioshock 2 (how you mess that up I got no clue)

As of right now all Dragon Age DLC is still on sale, Bioshock 2 DLC still full price. This is so lame. I didnt buy any of the Dragon Age DLC week 1, why would I buy it week 2 or 3? Dont get me wrong, I love Dragon Age, but I'm holding out for GotY edition.

[quote name='spectreon']Make sure you are selecting the correct Bioshock 2. On dash there are 2 options for this game, somehow they released a bunch of avatar items as a second Bioshock 2 (how you mess that up I got no clue)[/QUOTE]

That's...wow...

That does explain what I was doing wrong, but how did they screw that up? Is kind of silly.

Considering that I couldn't download the DLC for Tekken 6 (not that I should be able to but someone else said it worked), I was wondering if it was more widespread or not.

I love the What's in this DLC explanations OP. My only suggestion is that you not cross-through all of the text for the previous explanations as its actually good reading (regardless of the sale). Maybe you could just cross out the sale price and percent off?

[quote name='bigwightdog']I love the What's in this DLC explanations OP. My only suggestion is that you not cross-through all of the text for the previous explanations as its actually good reading (regardless of the sale). Maybe you could just cross out the sale price and percent off?[/QUOTE]

Done.

Mind you that is pulled from xbox.com with the achievement info pulled from trueachievements.com or 360achievements.org

where did the info that bioshock 2 DLC would be on sale this week? just check major nelson and he has not posted anything about it.

[quote name='MikeydCT']-_- I didnt look that well i guess[/QUOTE]

No biggie.

They still havent flipped the switch yet.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This Bioshock business is freakin' crazy. I can't believe it's Wednesday with no update to the prices.[/QUOTE]
They're saving you from some of the worst DLC I've ever purchased. Even at $5 it's a ripoff. Granted, it would be totally worth it if you could ever actually play the maps without setting up a boosting party.

[quote name='reddjoey'](some forums are saying the 50 rank increase is in Rapture DLC. I will correct as it is cleared up and discussed)[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that since the last update, EVERYONE can get to rank 50, DLC or not. Originally you could only do it if you had either Sinclair Solutions or Rapture Metro. You can only get the rebirth achievement with Rapture Metro, though.

Have the penny arcade games ever gone on sale? The first one is on sale for 5.00 on amazon for the ps3 but I'd really rather have them both on the 360.

[quote name='genfuyung']Have the penny arcade games ever gone on sale? The first one is on sale for 5.00 on amazon for the ps3 but I'd really rather have them both on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Yes both Episodes 1 and 2 were on sale together as a bundle for $14.99 some time ago. I've also seen both titles individually on sale for $9.99 each (versus their regular price of $14.99).

For $4.99 this is as good of a deal as you can expect for a long time (though sale items do occasionally come back if you're patient enough).

Personally I've played Episode 1 for a good 4-5 hours (in one sitting), got stuck on an extremely tough boss battle, and haven't played the game since (months ago). Because I've yet to complete Episode 1, I've never played Episode 2.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This Bioshock business is freakin' crazy. I can't believe it's Wednesday with no update to the prices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah honestly. Any day now.

Actually...that's not entirely true. I noticed this a little bit ago, but the avatar items are currently on sale. Why the DLC isn't, dunno.

As I posted on The Cult of Rapture, this DLC is never meant to be useful to anyone. 2K screwed it up for everyone, and now MS is. Someone else pointed out it has a mind of its own and wants to suck.

[quote name='Nico0020']As I posted on The Cult of Rapture, this DLC is never meant to be useful to anyone. 2K screwed it up for everyone, and now MS is. Someone else pointed out it has a mind of its own and wants to suck.[/QUOTE]

lol That's so sad. The game didn't need multiplayer, they pushed it and apparently there have been problems galore. So sad. I still love the game, though.

[quote name='life.exe']Ha. The only DotW I have ever wanted something from and they screw it up.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just finished Bioshock 1100/1100 last night and was going to start the 2nd and get this pack while I was at it since it was supposed to be on sale. :bomb:

Hope they get it up soon. I am probably starting Bioshock 2 up tonight.

[quote name='goMaki']lol That's so sad. The game didn't need multiplayer, they pushed it and apparently there have been problems galore. So sad. I still love the game, though.[/QUOTE]

I love the multiplayer. Though it's a pain until you get to lvl10 so you have some decent weapons/plasmids/tonics. I usually hate games where you have equipment based on how long you have been playing the multiplayer, but bioshock worked quite well. It's sad, dotw might have saved the metro pack from being useless 99.9% of the time, but it doesn't look like it will be that way :

It's 400 now for Rapture Metro, by the way. Sinclair Solutions is still full price.

[quote name='Nico0020']It's sad, dotw might have saved the metro pack from being useless 99.9% of the time, but it doesn't look like it will be that way :

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Same here. I just finished Bioshock 1100/1100 last night and was going to start the 2nd and get this pack while I was at it since it was supposed to be on sale. :bomb:

Hope they get it up soon. I am probably starting Bioshock 2 up tonight.[/QUOTE]

You completed the game without Vita Chamber on the hard difficulty?
That is so great.

Anyway, I'm on fence to get the two DLC's for Bioshock 2.
Does anyone think they worth the original price before this sale?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']You completed the game without Vita Chamber on the hard difficulty?
That is so great.

Anyway, I'm on fence to get the two DLC's for Bioshock 2.
Does anyone think they worth the original price before this sale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did. Great feeling when I did. It was my 2nd time playing the game though so I knew what to do. :)

I hope they get the DOTW up soon damnit! :bomb:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I hope they get the DOTW up soon damnit! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Read two posts above yours ;) It's up for Rapture Metro. Just Sinclair Solutions isn't on sale now. If you like the multiplayer (most don't), get Sinclair. Otherwise just get Metro, find or make some friends, and boost the achievements. There's really no other way to get them.

[quote name='simmias']It's 400 now for Rapture Metro, by the way. Sinclair Solutions is still full price.

The metro pack will always be useless without the patch they promised would be ready in June. June 2011 I guess?[/QUOTE]
Purchased it, thanks Sim.

Glad the princesses at Microsoft finally decided to drop the price.

[quote name='simmias']Read two posts above yours ;) It's up for Rapture Metro. Just Sinclair Solutions isn't on sale now. If you like the multiplayer (most don't), get Sinclair. Otherwise just get Metro, find or make some friends, and boost the achievements. There's really no other way to get them.[/QUOTE]

Ah I must have missed it. Plus I am still at work and what not. I will download this when I get home in 20 minutes :)

Thanks!

I'm really torn about picking up this DLC while it's on sale or not. I sold the game a while ago, so I would need to repurchase it anyway... I don't suppose anyone would know if a Platinum Hits version with the DLC included might possibly be in the works?

[quote name='reddjoey']All deals should be up now[/QUOTE]

Almost. All the Deals of the Week work besides Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack. That one is still showing up 400 pts instead of 240.

Now Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack is showing 240 pts on Xbox.com but when you attempt to buy it on Xbox.com it still shows the old price of 400 pts. This is so ridiculously botched.

Bought both the Map pack & Sinclair Solutions directly from the Bioshock 2 main downloadable content menu hours ago at the sale prices. Both are showing and charging at the correct prices. Double checked my points to make sure as well. So yeah, fuckING FINALLY.

Just saw them up live finally via Major Nelson. Got Rapture Metro and Sinclair Solutions.

Ever read the comments from his site? "Wahhhhh, it's only unlock codes wahhhhh....400 pts still expensive wahhhh". :lol:

[quote name='vlv723']Just saw them up live finally via Major Nelson. Got Rapture Metro and Sinclair Solutions.

Ever read the comments from his site? "Wahhhhh, it's only unlock codes wahhhhh....400 pts still expensive wahhhh". :lol:[/QUOTE]

That blows my mind. 400 Points is about as cheap as Downloadable Games go on XBOX Live Arcade that are not in the Indies section.

Of course, there was genuine issue taken to Take 2 by consumers about the fact that the Sinclair Solutions DLC content is locked on the disc and that particular DLC is just an unlock code.

I am rationalizing the purchase of this DLC and Rapture Metro in that this allows me to support the developers who made a unique game franchise I enjoy. I just ordered a used copy of Bioshock 2 from Game Fly, and I know that purchase doesn't support Irrational Games or 2K Marin. It only allows Game Fly to reduce its inventory now that rental demand for Bioshock 2 has waned.

This way, I still get the game for cheap, but am supporting video game developers so they make more games with a unique creative vision like Bioshock (yay for Bioshock Infinite). :)

[quote name='simmias']Sinclair *is* just an unlock code, and $5 *is* still too much for DLC that is essentially unplayable. So... Wahhhhhhhh! :)[/QUOTE]

Why is it unplayable?

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Why is it unplayable?[/QUOTE]

There isn't a separate playlist for the new maps in the Rapture Metro DLC. Finding a group where everyone has the DLC is nearly impossible through the regular matchmaking, so people have to try to get a group together beforehand through online forums.

you know.... we all just waited hella long to get this DLC and bitched about it, but we toughed it out and finally got it.... sooo lets all add each other and boost this achievements since that's basically the only way its gonna happen. :applause:

GT: Watervsfire looking forward to your friend requests so we can get a game going

[quote name='Watervsfire']you know.... we all just waited hella long to get this DLC and bitched about it, but we toughed it out and finally got it.... sooo lets all add each other and boost this achievements since that's basically the only way its gonna happen. :applause:

GT: Watervsfire looking forward to your friend requests so we can get a game going[/QUOTE]

Here's the method I used to boost. It'll take you less than an hour and a half.

alien breed episode 1 for 400 points aka $5 is well worth it. I bought it for regular price and don't regret it, now finding someone to play with online co-op is going to better the experience. by the way, don't see any deal of the week on the dashboard as usual but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back