Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='destro4eva']Might & Magic:Clash of Heroes is pretty great on the DS & I would love to see that have XBL support. Very fun title.[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to come over the summer but it still hasn't. Release was supposed to be 3rd quarter 2010 aka where is it?

[quote name='destro4eva']Glad to see more Pinball FX stuff coming out, anyone know what the heck happened to the supposed Williams Pinball Hall of Fame DLC appearing? THAT is what I really want to see.[/QUOTE]
Where did you hear that? Crave's been working on crappy games lately (Man vs. Wild, Deadliest Catch) and I haven't heard a peep about DLC since the vague hints that it was a possibility back when the game came out. Don't get me wrong - I'd buy any DLC for this game in a heartbeat no matter what the price - but I don't think it's happening.

I really wish the DoTW games were all half off. I always seem to jump on the 800 point games that get marked to 400 but the 1200 point games that get marked 800 seems much less like a deal.

For instance I definitely would have bought Zeno Clash if it were 600 points instead of 800. I know in essence it's only a $2.50 difference but that's enough to sway my impulses.

Bust-A-Move Live is pretty good. The interface feels kind of generic and the single-player versus mode (which has several Achievements) is annoyingly hard. There's also an Achievement for playing Survival for 60 minutes, which is both nigh-impossible and stupid. So don't buy for the Achievements. But series fans will find it a decently fun game.

Also excited for Bangai-O. Loved the DC game, but couldn't get into the DS one. Don't know if it was the small screen or what, but it didn't click. Hopefully the XBLA release will reignite my love for the series.

>> October 13th: Pinball FX 2 - Tables purchased
>> individually, free import from original Pinball FX

So, you get the program for free, and pay for only the tables
that you want? Can you trial each table? So, it's like the
think with Battleship and such, some months ago.

So, if I have purchases part 1, I can play those tables in
part 2 for free, or does that only apply to the tables that
I downloaded, or both? That's cool, and I hope companies
keep this sort of practice up. Sounds sort of like how with
Rock Band, if you own the previous releases, you can import
the older songs into the newest release.

Now, if they'd do that with the DDR games, I'd really be happy,
as well as if they added the songs from the original X-Box
version, as DLC, for the 360 versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Bust-A-Move Live is pretty good. The interface feels kind of generic and the single-player versus mode (which has several Achievements) is annoyingly hard. There's also an Achievement for playing Survival for 60 minutes, which is both nigh-impossible and stupid. So don't buy for the Achievements. But series fans will find it a decently fun game.[/QUOTE]
I didn't think they were bad at all, except maybe the online ones since noone plays this and you pretty much have to boost them with someone. For the 60 minute one, just let the timer shoot the bubbles every time. 10 seconds per shot = only 360 bubbles to deal with in an hour. It's really not bad at all.

the JP deal of the week page shows just the two expansions on sale for RE5, not versus mode or any costumes, bummer

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Not to overly stress my dorkdom, but I really wish we'd hear a release date for the XBLA Yu-Gi-Oh game.... it was originally supposed to have already been released by now.[/QUOTE]

Right there with you. I've sworn off buying any XBLA/PSN games unless they are on sale, but this one I would pay full price for as long as it's 800 points starting out.

Yugioh was my first card game, then I dabbled a bit in Yu Yu Hakusho, and then played VS. System hardcore for its entire 5-year run and now I just dabble in Magic.

[quote name='nerdtown']the JP deal of the week page shows just the two expansions on sale for RE5, not versus mode or any costumes, bummer[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I'm fine with it. I'd much rather have the two story DLCs instead of the Versus mode(who's community may be dead).

[quote name='Donnums']If that's the case, I'm fine with it. I'd much rather have the two story DLCs instead of the Versus mode(who's community may be dead).[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm down for that too.

I was actually worried it would be Versus mode and the costumes and not the DLC, because of RE 5 Gold.

[quote name='mcdaking84']would you guys say wait for a sale on limbo or pay the full price? I hve heard its really short[/QUOTE]

It's one of the best games I've played, along with Portal and Braid.
I'd say buy it now because tomorrow you could die in a horrible carpet fire.

[quote name='mcdaking84']would you guys say wait for a sale on limbo or pay the full price? I hve heard its really short[/QUOTE]
It's real pretentious in my opinion, all this praise it's getting is undeserved in my opinion.

Any idea on what the prices for the RE5 DLC will be? If its only like 60 points off or something i think i'd rather get Zeno Clash before the sale ends tonight.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Any idea on what the prices for the RE5 DLC will be? If its only like 60 points off or something i think i'd rather get Zeno Clash before the sale ends tonight.[/QUOTE]
I really hate that they put "Select RE content" rather than posting WHAT exactly, that is INFINITELY annoying to me.

Damn , guess ill just have to hope for the best. But i swear i'll be pissed if its just Versus mode or something. I want the whole collection =/

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn , guess ill just have to hope for the best. But i swear i'll be pissed if its just Versus mode or something. I want the whole collection =/[/QUOTE]

I hope it is everything too. Untold Story + Versus is 1360 points regular, so i hope i can get it for less than that. If only the 2 expansions are on sale, that's a pretty weak sale and I would have wish I picked up Versus mode dlc when it was last on sale Oct 2009 (but I didnt have RE5 then).

Usually dotw dlc is more than 2 items, so maybe it will be most of the re5 stuff. i could live with the 2 expansions and versus on sale, and i'll just pick up the costume packs for the regular 160pts each.

Yeah, cant wait to see what happens tommorow, finally convinced a friend to get the 360 version so we could go for the achievements.

Also wishing Microsoft or Major Nelson would finally date Yu-Gi-Oh, its gotta be close since they just had a playable demo at a convention =/

I really enjoyed it, but it is REALLY short. I think it took me about 5 hours the first playthrough and about 2-3 the second. That being said, I do think the game is somewhat overrated, mainly because the first half of the game is far superior to the second half.

It'll probably go on sale for either 800 or 560 ms points around xmas or early 2011, and then again around e3 2011 (going by this years sales anyways) So I guess it depends how badly you want to save $5-8 vs. how badly you want to play the game.

I read it was avatar gear and some dlc. I believe it was on Capcom Unity's blog, but it was not any more specific so I didn't update it. I wouldn't hold my breath for the content since it's a US holiday, PAX hangover etc.

Limbo is the most overrated, boring emo game ever.

I think I will make a black and white puzzle game, with no story, and magical art direction. Then I will make lots $$$ like these lame limbo creators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like all RE5 content is reduced, except for the Costume Packs.

Untold Stories Bundle - Was 960 pts - Now 560 pts
Desperate Escape - Was 400 pts - Now 240 pts
Lost in Nightmares - Was 400 pts - Now 240 pts
Versus Mode - Was 400 pts - Now 240 pts

[quote name='BingoBrown']Looks like all RE5 content is reduced, except for the Costume Packs.

Versus Mode - Was 400 pts - Now 240 pts[/QUOTE]

So the Untold Stories Bundle is both Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares, along with the 2 costume packs. It would be cheaper to buy the 2 together, without the costumes? Are the costume packs really worth the extra $?

[quote name='drawingboard']So the Untold Stories Bundle is both Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares, along with the 2 costume packs. It would be cheaper to buy the 2 together, without the costumes? Are the costume packs really worth the extra $?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Yes. Probably not.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yes. Yes. Probably not.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just saw the costumes on YouTube. Its only 1 for Chris and Sheva each. Not worth it.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Looks like all RE5 content is reduced, except for the Costume Packs.

Versus Mode - Was 400 pts - Now 240 pts[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will update when I get home in an hour

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks. I will update when I get home in an hour[/QUOTE]I added it to the OP, so I think we should be good. Feel free to adjust as needed.

[quote name='drawingboard']Yeah, I just saw the costumes on YouTube. Its only 1 for Chris and Sheva each. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, it's one for Chris and Sheva each in each of the Costume Packs. Since there are two Costume Packs in the Untold Stories Bundle, it'll be a total of two new costumes for each Chris and Sheva. And that's for only 80 pts more than buying Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares separately, which essentially works out to 75% off the regular price for the costume packs. Probably not worth it for me, but may be for some.

[quote name='shosh']versus mode in re5, worth it? or is the community deserted?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure if I want to buy this if no ones going to be on. Plus with Halo Reach coming out in a week I won't be touching this game for ages.

[quote name='shosh']versus mode in re5, worth it? or is the community deserted?[/QUOTE]

I don't have first hand experience but I've been told that the community is very hardcore and not very noob friendly.

Just an FYI, the Versus mode content is something that's already on the disk and you are just paying to unlock it. While some people may not care, I'm not a big fan of developers that do this.

I will be picking up the 2 expansions though as I enjoyed the RE5 campaign.

Thanks for this thread, been waiting for the RE5 expansions to drop (still unsure about Versus). Also if anyone downloaded the free "Extra Figures" from a while back, it seems to conflict with the bundle dlc (as the figures are again included) and will give you a dirty disc error. Deleted the extra figures and everything's working now.

[quote name='anteis24']Also if anyone downloaded the free "Extra Figures" from a while back, it seems to conflict with the bundle dlc (as the figures are again included) and will give you a dirty disc error. Deleted the extra figures and everything's working now.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered the untold stories and versus on xbox.com and put in the figurines set since it was free. I guess I'll take the figurines off my d/l que. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='mcdaking84']why would someone buy the bundle instead of the dlc seperate?[/QUOTE]

It includes the 2 costume packs (4 costumes total) for an extra 80ms points. Also, not really a big concern for most but you do save a little bit of hard drive space by going with the bundle.

The two RE5 episodes were definately worth $5 each so to get them both for $6 is a steal. VS. mode isn't worth it unless you want to get the MASSIVE amount of achievements Capcom tied into it. You'll probably have to get together with other CAG's or people on XBox360achievements.org to get them now as that game is dead online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back