Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just excited about the PUZZLE GAMES~! list for next week. Basically all new sale games too.

For those that like PUZZLE QUEST -- get Gyromancer. I didn't 100% it (yet), but it was super fun.

I picked up the RE5 bundle DLC. I was going to get the two packs separately, but my MS point total ended in '62' so I figured I might as well get it as close to a flat number as possible and pick up the one that costs 560! haha

I really hate bullshit like this. Why couldn't they just make the extra episodes 50% off or 200 points? I want to get these but I refuse to be stuck with some weird left over points.:bomb:

Just to double check, the costume pack (Costume Pack 1 and Costume Pack 2) is only available in Versus Mode and not story mode, Correct?

[quote name='doodofdoods']RE5's still getting Move controls for the PS3 version, right? I think I'll wait and see how that turns out before getting the game/dlc.[/QUOTE]

The Gold Edition only is getting Move functionality. It already includes the DLC on disc.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']

For those that like PUZZLE QUEST -- get Gyromancer. I didn't 100% it (yet), but it was super fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

Looks interesting.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Just to double check, the costume pack (Costume Pack 1 and Costume Pack 2) is only available in Versus Mode and not story mode, Correct?[/QUOTE]

Well in selecting the costumes, it is there along with the other ones you earn. So I am pretty sure you use them in campaign too.

You can use the costumes in the main story as well. At least the ones for Chris and Sheva. I know for sure that I had Sheva in the red riding hood outfit in my main game in the past.

I'm still very bitter that when I first purchased the RE5 DLC, I didn't notice the bundle pack until after I purchased the two DLCs. I didn't buy the costumes at the time, but I would've spent a little extra just to buy the costume since bundle pack was cheaper. Anyways, to be on topic, I felt that these DLCs were pretty fun and worth the price, but only if you have a human co-op to play with.

I'm still waiting for a Left 4 Dead 2 discount.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Just to double check, the costume pack (Costume Pack 1 and Costume Pack 2) is only available in Versus Mode and not story mode, Correct?[/QUOTE]

You can use the costumes in campaign, but if you co-op online and your partner doesn't have the costume pack, they will only see you as the default one. So in essence, to get the full effect, both online co-op players need the costume pack.

If you like RE5 Mercenaries, all the DLC is worth it because each comes with a set of Mercs characters.

If you just want the barebones for an awesome RE5 Mercs time, you can go with the costume pack with Fairy Tale Sheva and the Lost in Nightmares DLC episode. This gets you the three best characters.

LiN is an AWFUL campaign though but it is made bearable through co-op. Desperate Escape is fun, though, and made quite fun through co-op.

[quote name='RollingSkull']LiN is an AWFUL campaign though but it is made bearable through co-op. Desperate Escape is fun, though, and made quite fun through co-op.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sumises the RE 5 experience as a whole. Sucks solo, great co-op.

This thread used to show upcoming dlc stuff right? I thought it had it but maybe just sometimes in the main post. I just figured borderlands dlc was today since the goty edition with it comes out today.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This thread used to show upcoming dlc stuff right? I thought it had it but maybe just sometimes in the main post. I just figured borderlands dlc was today since the goty edition with it comes out today.[/QUOTE]

gearbox has stated october 12

[quote name='bajingo']gearbox has stated october 12[/QUOTE]

Damn they pushed back the release date from the last time i looked at the GOTY edition. It was supposed to be released when they release that. I think month or 2 ago it said 9/7/2010 release for GOTY. I was so pumped but now i am just blah about the game. I played about 200 hours or so since it launched with friends and it is sad how nothing pops up new or better then what we got. The knoxx dlc rocks but the new class mods that drop from craw still get deleted and they will never fix it like other bugs in it. Anyways thanks for the info i let my friends know and they are going to trade it in at GS for cash for reach. I might do the same now.

FTW - I am so confused on this RE5 DLC..I don't think they could have made it anymore confusing!! I was all set to go as having NONE of the DLC, then I see that two chapters are bundled together and on-sale. Then I see this "mercenaries" pack which isn't on sale, and have little idea of what it does (sorry redjoey, even the 'What's In the DLC' description for that is mind-boggling)

So, someone help me out, all I have is some Free 'figure' pack that was 56mb, that I must have downloaded in the past. Now, if I don't care about Versus mode, but want to have everything else, then the way to go would be to get the Bundle and this Mercs pack even though the second isn't on sale? can I live without the Mercs pack?

[quote name='token2k6']FTW - I am so confused on this RE5 DLC..I don't think they could have made it anymore confusing!! I was all set to go as having NONE of the DLC, then I see that two chapters are bundled together and on-sale. Then I see this "mercenaries" pack which isn't on sale, and have little idea of what it does (sorry redjoey, even the 'What's In the DLC' description for that is mind-boggling)

So, someone help me out, all I have is some Free 'figure' pack that was 56mb, that I must have downloaded in the past. Now, if I don't care about Versus mode, but want to have everything else, then the way to go would be to get the Bundle and this Mercs pack even though the second isn't on sale? can I live without the Mercs pack?[/QUOTE]

The big pack for 560 is on sale and includes both mission dlc's and both costume dlc packs which is a great deal if you have none of them yet. I bought one costume pack a long time ago and still worth buying the bundle.

The mercs i forget if i had that or not did not play the game for months.

The versus is on sale i think to? That is you against another person i believe. I am tempted to get that but have no clue if anyone is playing it anymore.

On the borderlands dlc they say officially it comes out in sept not oct. I heard it comes out on sept 28th. The GOTY comes out on oct 12th so maybe they are releasing the dlc before the game. Either way a long wait for people that have been waiting this long for it already.

[quote name='RollingSkull']LiN is an AWFUL campaign though but it is made bearable through co-op. Desperate Escape is fun, though, and made quite fun through co-op.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I thought the complete opposite. Lost in Nightmares was awesome and more like what RE5 should have been. Desperate Escape was brutal. Endlessly respawning zombies is not my idea of fun.

I won a gold DLC code from Capcom for Resident Evil 5 and I have the basic game now... Do I have all the DLC or was something left out of gold?

[quote name='Trakan']Oh man, I thought the complete opposite. Lost in Nightmares was awesome and more like what RE5 should have been. Desperate Escape was brutal. Endlessly respawning zombies is not my idea of fun.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Quick question. The combined DLC adds what? It seems like the better deal is to buy the 2 separate and call it a day saving a few points, am I right?

OKAY I HAVE 0 DLC for RE5

now, which combo do i need to go with to get everything?

I read the 1st post where it explains whats in each dlc

Just the bundle + versus?

what about the mercenary pack

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I won a gold DLC code from Capcom for Resident Evil 5 and I have the basic game now... Do I have all the DLC or was something left out of gold?[/QUOTE]

The gold code has EVERYTHING.

do you guys think dead rising 2 case zero will be bundled somewhere or a retailer will offer it with preorders of dead rising 2? should i just bite the bullet and get it for 400pts, even though I may not play it for a long while?

[quote name='frpilot']do you guys think dead rising 2 case zero will be bundled somewhere or a retailer will offer it with preorders of dead rising 2? should i just bite the bullet and get it for 400pts, even though I may not play it for a long while?[/QUOTE]

you just answered your own question and i'd say NO. It's not even worth the 400 points ($5) I paid for it honestly. You'll get through it in about an hour and a half and that's doing different achievements but I think it's something they should of given out free with pre-orders. Kinda like the fable pub games were given out for pre-ordering fable 2.

Intoxicated I believe it's included in the LE of DR2 and maybe even the normal version of it as well. At least that's what it says in the Amazon description.

i wonder if that description on amazon is accurate. if it is included with dead rising 2, then i may pass. i guess i can wait until it releases to find out if people say it is packaged with dr2. i can always pick it up for 400 points if it's not bundled, that is the msrp of it afterall.

[quote name='MSUHitman'] as that game is dead online.[/QUOTE]

ii think Re5 is far from dead online , I just started playing online this week. as a matter of fact i wanted to play solo but could not because so many wanted to join the game and i had it set up as not public entries
i found it noob friendly as most people would help out even shown some exploits.
was looking into versus but if its true that its on the disc already and have to pay to unlock it i wont touch it.
I do agree that when halo reach comes out it may be a bit hard to find people on it.

[quote name='frpilot']i wonder if that description on amazon is accurate. if it is included with dead rising 2, then i may pass. i guess i can wait until it releases to find out if people say it is packaged with dr2. i can always pick it up for 400 points if it's not bundled, that is the msrp of it afterall.[/QUOTE]

It's not included with the normal version, and it's quite awesome. If you're itching for some Dead Rising action before 2 comes out, it's easily worth the $5. I'd also say it'll take more like 3-4 hours to get all of the Achievements.

[quote name='intoxicated662']you just answered your own question and i'd say NO. It's not even worth the 400 points ($5) I paid for it honestly. You'll get through it in about an hour and a half and that's doing different achievements but I think it's something they should of given out free with pre-orders. Kinda like the fable pub games were given out for pre-ordering fable 2.[/QUOTE]

I say it is worth it just for the story alone. This is just a teaser and it continues to DR2 i believe. So if you want to know everything this is a must. I thought the trial was sweet but 400 points i will wait until i finish other games and buy it.

Whoever asked about posting upcoming DLC, I considered it at first, but it would overwhelm the OP and throw the thread of track. I post "BIG" dlc news or releases in a post here when I find out, but that is usually rare. Often times when MajorNeslon posts the Deal forecast people will leave DLC info in. Check my sig for a link to the Marketplace thread, I keep a really decent list there.

Cleaned up the What's in this DLC a bit. I removed the redundant description of the bundle. Hope that it helps. Also feel free to post or PM improvements/ideas.

[quote name='Trakan']Oh man, I thought the complete opposite. Lost in Nightmares was awesome and more like what RE5 should have been. Desperate Escape was brutal. Endlessly respawning zombies is not my idea of fun.[/QUOTE]

See, I thought RE5's combat was it's high point. My friends and I have endless fun in Mercenaries.

But then suddenly take this system and make it nothing but tedious, mindless, time-wasting running back and forth. A charmless nostalgia grab that involves absolutely no skill or thought on the part of the player. A few tedious LURE BIG INSTAKILL GUY INTO TRAPS OR SHOOT HIM FROM BEHIND moments. I'd like to think my hazy memories of the old RE games are something a bit more than nostalgia-drenched dreams but that people who have a hard-on for the old games actually think this piece of crap has redeeming value just makes me never want to touch the old games again.

How come when I go to the link for the RE5 bundle, the price has gone up?
I thought the deal was for the entire week.

[quote name='Zimmy']How come when I go to the link for the RE5 bundle, the price has gone up?
I thought the deal was for the entire week.[/QUOTE]

Still showing correctly for me, gold?

[quote name='seanr1221']Looks like a bunch of avatar stuff is on sale in a "one year" special.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a lot of it is still listed at full price.

[quote name='typical guy']Why are the XBL sales for gold members only? That seems pretty lame when the PSN has sales for non plus members.[/QUOTE]

They also have sales for PSN Plus members... which is solely used as a "stuff service" so I don't really see the difference.

[quote name='lordopus99']For those that got Plants vs Zombies, how hard is it to use the xbox controls vs the PC version (i.e. mouse)?[/QUOTE]

I have not played it yet myself on 360 but after spending some time with the PC version I wondered how this would be possible too. According to the IGN review atleast, it's done nicely and feels really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back