Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of on the fence on Toy Soldiers. I'm not a huge fan of Tower Defense games, I think it's something that you play for a few minutes out of boredom. But World War I is my favorite historical subject.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm kind of on the fence on Toy Soldiers. I'm not a huge fan of Tower Defense games, I think it's something that you play for a few minutes out of boredom. But World War I is my favorite historical subject.[/QUOTE]

Plants vs Zombies is a game I play when I have a few hours to kill and want to have an absolute blast. I doubt Toy Soldiers will be just as fun, but it's very pretty...

So would it be silly to get Toy Soldiers if I got Plants Vs. Zombies and Defense Grid both of which I haven't really played much at all? I really liked the demo of TS but idk if that would last throughout the whole game or not. Even more so since I have 2 other games of the same type but haven't really touched.

I see many people are discussing Toy Soldiers, which honestly is one of my favorite XBLA titles. I picked it up a while ago when it first came out and have not looked back. I also have Defense Grid and Plants vs Zombies, but Toy Soldiers has that little extra something that makes it different, and that is the unit control.

Not only is Toy Soldiers a blast by yourself, but the multiplayer is awesome too. I have heard the online is a bit laggy, but I only play splitscreen, which runs perfectly. The single player campaign is also pretty varied. Each level/ mission feels distinctly different from the one before it and the collectible rations make there even more incentive to play a level with a different strategy than you had prior.

I love defense grid, but could never get into Toy Soldiers. Tried the demo, but the controls and lack of depth of field with the camera turned me off...

[quote name='Thrinn']I'd say wait, there's no hurry since it's not going to get any more expensive. Chances are MS will do another huge holiday sale on XBLA and this will likely be a prime candidate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definately wait. If it doesn't go on sale here, I have to think it will show up soon (as mentioned, holidays are coming).

I do recommend getting it though, it's a fantastic game. They did a pretty nice job with the remake too - environments are still pretty blocky since they didn't want to change any of the layouts, but character models and textures are much improved :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone know, is the offer to get a year of Gold for $39.99 still active? I don't see the ad on my dashboard anymore. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It still shows up today as $29.99 on my dashboard, but it seems to be YMMV on if you get that price or the $39.99 offer. I have noticed that it's not always there; seems like it might randomly rotate out the ads in the Spotlight tab. Sometimes when you go into a game or video and come back to the dashboard, the tabs have changed and the offer is there again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panasonic']Are holiday sales usually only gold members?[/QUOTE]

IIRC the last holiday sale was one of the few times where Silver users could get in on the savings.

[quote name='Thrinn']IIRC the last holiday sale was one of the few times where Silver users could get in on the savings.[/QUOTE]

I think they had both running at the same time, just like this year's E3 sale had both running at the same time.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Come ON guys. BFBC2 DLC is winning? Modern Warfare 2 and Halo Reach are OUT, and Medal of Honor and Black Ops are just around the corner.[/QUOTE]

Some of us DESPISE the multiplayer in COD and Halo. I'm a big fan of BC2 multiplayer, and I'd like to try out Onslaught mode, but I wasn't willing to pay 10 bucks for the DLC. I'll be happy to pay 5 bucks though. So it got my vote.

Picked up Toy Soldiers for 800p and the Expansion for 400p. I thought the expansion was 800p but I couldn't remember. But for 1200p to pickup both is decent. Great game. :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']Picked up Toy Soldiers for 800p and the Expansion for 400p. I thought the expansion was 800p but I couldn't remember. But for 1200p to pickup both is decent. Great game. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Nope, both of the expansions are 400 as a standard price.

[quote name='DJP519']Some of us DESPISE the multiplayer in COD and Halo. I'm a big fan of BC2 multiplayer, and I'd like to try out Onslaught mode, but I wasn't willing to pay 10 bucks for the DLC. I'll be happy to pay 5 bucks though. So it got my vote.[/QUOTE]

I've never played it but what makes BC2 so different? I personally can't stand COD and Halo I haven't really been exposed to a whole lot but I like firefight and the campaigns.

They're thinking outside of the toy box for the DLC for Toy Soldiers in two days (Sept. 29th)...check this out. 400 points for Invasion DLC. Love it! Got the game on sale and the bad ass dlc comes out two days later.

dlc2-ss7.jpg

dlc2-ss8.jpg

It's like when you're Ninja Turtles used to fling ninja stars at Optimus Prime. Shit didn't make no sense but was tubular, man!

[quote name='kidrocklive']I've never played it but what makes BC2 so different? I personally can't stand COD and Halo I haven't really been exposed to a whole lot but I like firefight and the campaigns.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield places a stronger emphasis on teamwork. Not as many games degenerate down to lone wolf team deathmatch. Like COD, exp unlocks better weapons, etc but the different classes provide different support roles as well as different weapons. Medics heal and can revive the dead, Engineers repair vehicles, Snipers can call in Artillery, Assault can provide more ammo, and some others that I can't recall.

Also, Toy Soldiers is LIVE

Forgive me if this was asked / answered already; but where do you vote for the deals? I'm checking my dashboard and can't seem to find it :\

Edit: neeeevermind. Figured I'd finally find it 2 minutes after posting :p

HOLY CRAP THAT TOY SOLDIERS DLC LOOKS GREAT!

Thank you so much for showing me otherwise I would have probably overlooked it for the time being.

[quote name='BrolyB593']HOLY CRAP THAT TOY SOLDIERS DLC LOOKS GREAT!

Thank you so much for showing me otherwise I would have probably overlooked it for the time being.[/QUOTE]

No problem!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']As others have already pointed out, yes, there are :)[/QUOTE]

OK thanks !

The one I bought was Kaiser's Battle which adds more single player content. The other ones I saw only added hat's and outfits and planes. :bouncy:

[quote name='shieryda']Please vote for the Dragon Age dlc!!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Vote for BF: BC2 and wait for Dragon Age GOTY. By the way, its really only a competition between Dragon Age and DeathSpank.

Thank you so much for showing me otherwise I would have probably overlooked it for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't have noticed it either. I think my husband will want the DLC now. Who doesn't want to shoot aliens?

Yes, Battlefield is all about teamwork. It also tends to attract a somewhat more mature crowd. You don't get a ton of foul-mouthed kids. And you can contribute to your team's success even if your kill-death ratio stinks (like mine usually does). You can capture flags or destroy the M-com objectives, you can spot and tag enemies so your teammates know where they are, you can heal and revive teammates as a medic, you can repair vehicles as an engineer, etc. The learning curve, to me, is not as steep as it is with a COD game, where the most experienced players will dominate a newer player.

Edit -- argh, I was trying to multiquote the appropriate posts from the prior page... read back a page if you want this post in context. Thanks.

Toy soldiers.. Been waiting for a long, long time...hehe

I guess I just buy the game (since it is on sale) and hold out on the the remaining 2 DLCs (since they are not on sale). Hopefully they will go on sale soon in a near future.

Wish Microsoft have some kinda promotion for buying Toy Solider + 2 dlcs bundle. I will jump on it in a heart beat.. hehe

[quote name='Rodster']OK thanks !

The one I bought was Kaiser's Battle which adds more single player content. The other ones I saw only added hat's and outfits and planes. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

How good would you say that expansion is?

[quote name='kidrocklive']How good would you say that expansion is?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it yet. I won't get to it till tonight but it's the only expansion that I saw unless someone corrects me that extends the single player game. Everything else is basically Horse's Armor for the game.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']They're thinking outside of the toy box for the DLC for Toy Soldiers in two days (Sept. 29th)...check this out. 400 points for Invasion DLC. Love it! Got the game on sale and the bad ass dlc comes out two days later.

dlc2-ss7.jpg

dlc2-ss8.jpg

It's like when you're Ninja Turtles used to fling ninja stars at Optimus Prime. Shit didn't make no sense but was tubular, man![/QUOTE]

This comes out in two days and doesn't look like no stinkin horse's armor.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']This comes out in two days and doesn't look like no stinkin horse's armor.[/QUOTE]

I was referring as to what's already out. I had no idea the second DLC pack is what you were referring to. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So it's the start of "Gamefeast" and no announcement of bonus MS Pts promo yet? Guess this one just has a fancy name with no reward. :/[/QUOTE]

Remember kids, fancy promo name = 1200 point games.

[quote name='benjamouth']Remember kids, fancy promo name = 1200 point games.[/QUOTE]1200 point games seem to be the norm rather than the exception, now. It's only a matter of time before everything costs 1600. I got the impression that the fancy names were more of a way for MS to brag about (timed) exclusivity. Is that not the case for this promo?

So for the Invasion DLC for Toy Soldiers, do we know if we get to CONTROL the alien/robot units or do we simply fight against them? If we only fight them then I am not quite as excited as I was initially...

[quote name='BrolyB593']So for the Invasion DLC for Toy Soldiers, do we know if we get to CONTROL the alien/robot units or do we simply fight against them? If we only fight them then I am not quite as excited as I was initially...[/QUOTE]

just the title of the DLC makes me think you only fight them, as in fighting off the invasion. I'm just speculating though obviously lol.

[quote name='kidrocklive']just the title of the DLC makes me think you only fight them, as in fighting off the invasion. I'm just speculating though obviously lol.[/QUOTE]

That is what I am thinking too, but when I first saw the screenshots my initial thought was 'I WANNA PLAY AS THOSE' so hopefully we are wrong.

[quote name='Rodster']I haven't tried it yet. I won't get to it till tonight but it's the only expansion that I saw unless someone corrects me that extends the single player game. Everything else is basically Horse's Armor for the game.[/QUOTE]

what do u mean horse armor? doesn't the 1st DLC for Toy Soldier add some extra content/campaign to the game instead of some skin?

[quote name='agentghost']what do u mean horse armor? doesn't the 1st DLC for Toy Soldier add some extra content/campaign to the game instead of some skin?[/QUOTE]

Next time i'll insert the word sarcasm. Other than the extra campaign/battle pack which I bought for 400p everything else is hats, or things for your avatar and some planes. It's useless stuff like horses armor. :bouncy:

Sonic 4 Episode 1 is slated to come out October 13th for 1200 points. Thought I'd update is case they want to put it in the original post. Nice work as always redjoey!

I don't know if this is the place to post this, but all The Force Unleashed DLC is on sale for 400pts each. There are also some Fable 2 DLC and Fallout 3 DLC on sale on the dash.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Sonic 4 Episode 1 is slated to come out October 13th for 1200 points. Thought I'd update is case they want to put it in the original post. Nice work as always redjoey![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']I don't know if this is the place to post this, but all The Force Unleashed DLC is on sale for 400pts each. There are also some Fable 2 DLC and Fallout 3 DLC on sale on the dash.[/QUOTE]

Added. Still updating and putting in links. I'll also update the DLC post as well. Please be patient as I get the info right...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, star wars force unleashed, fallout 3, fable II and assassin's creed all have dlc discounted and there are a few avatar items on sale too from a few of those games. Saw this on the 360 dashboard as it stated to get this dlc in preparation for the follow up titles releasing soon.

I'm going to check that out. Is it worth the discounted 800 points.

Quick question .. do any of these Star Wars: The Force Unleashed DLC comes with the Ultimate Sith Edition? I just place an order for a Ultimate Sith Edition and dont want to purchase something that Im already getting with it.

"Star Wars: The Force Unleashed"
Character Pack 1 - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Character Pack 2 - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back