Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when the 'sequel sale' expires? Considering getting the Fable 2 DLC (since I have the non-PH version), but I'll need to acquire some points first. Just need to know if I need them now or if I can wait.

thanks, purchased the Altair outfit... I always feel stupid buying clothing for my avatar, but when it's on sale I feel a little less stupid, I guess... I'm also debating on getting the ACII outfit and the storm trooper outfit, smh :\

I would love to buy that AC II DLC, but no achievements = no buy for me. To my knowledge, it is still the only non-multiplayer Map Pack pay DLC NOT to have achievements.

[quote name='dashrendar']Great, the ACII DLC is cheaper than it was when it was on sale 2 months. Hate it when they do that.[/QUOTE]

Only Sequence 12 (13 by itself) by 80 pts.

Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations is the same price. So no big deal for me since thats the one I got.

Still, I see your point.

I figure as much as I like some of these Arcade games though I am going to wait for the eventual sale so I'll get the 80 pts. back by just being patient.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I would love to buy that AC II DLC, but no achievements = no buy for me. To my knowledge, it is still the only non-multiplayer Map Pack pay DLC NOT to have achievements.[/QUOTE]

The Hoth DLC for The Force Unleashed doesn't have achievements either. Funny that it's also in this sale.

[quote name='agentghost']Toy soldiers.. Been waiting for a long, long time...hehe

I guess I just buy the game (since it is on sale) and hold out on the the remaining 2 DLCs (since they are not on sale). Hopefully they will go on sale soon in a near future. [/QUOTE]

Thats what I am doing. I grabbed TS and will get the DLC whenever its on sale.

If it doesnt go on sale, and I beat it, so long as I didnt get bored of the base game then I'll eventually spring for it. Thing is until I really get into the game (not just play the demo) and make sure that I like it enough to actually play the DLC more than once, I am going to wait.

Fable II DLC worth it? I wasn't willing to pay full price and the current DLC sale + the amount I paid for a new copy of DLC-less Fable II is less than the PH DLC-included version...

[quote name='eugaet']Fable II DLC worth it? I wasn't willing to pay full price and the current DLC sale + the amount I paid for a new copy of DLC-less Fable II is less than the PH DLC-included version...[/QUOTE]

Don't read this if you haven't finished the game.

As for the Fable II download content, after I beat the game and lost my dog, I was pissed and watched it back. I considered downloading the content back then, but there was really very little to do after beating the game. So I never did, but had it been cheap, I would have bought whichever one of those gives you your dog back.

But anyway, folks usually say the Knothole Island DLC is pretty neat, but the other not so much.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Only Sequence 12 (13 by itself) by 80 pts.

Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations is the same price. So no big deal for me since thats the one I got.

Still, I see your point.

I figure as much as I like some of these Arcade games though I am going to wait for the eventual sale so I'll get the 80 pts. back by just being patient.[/QUOTE]

Right, its not a big deal especially considering I did actually play it before it went on sale again and my gaming lately is pretty much at a halt.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I would love to buy that AC II DLC, but no achievements = no buy for me. To my knowledge, it is still the only non-multiplayer Map Pack pay DLC NOT to have achievements.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found that odd there were no achievements for it considering they basically coded the game for the DLC (jumping from sequence 11-14).

[quote name='icedrake523']Has Banjo-Tooie been on sale?[/QUOTE]

Once before for 800 points...think that was back during E3 in June.

[quote name='Gertle627']Any of the Force Unleashed in-game stuff (don't care about avatar items) not in the Ultimate Sith Edition?[/QUOTE]According to Joystiq, the Sith Edition has all the playable DLC.

[quote name='Megaten']Once before for 800 points...think that was back during E3 in June.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I don't think I was paying attention to this thread back then. Probably won't be on sale before my Gold membership expires (I'm done with Live after that).

Castleania HoD got a DLC level today for 400MSP...no characters included though. Seems the rumor now is that the DLCs will be levels for 400MSP (3 rumored) and additional characters (6 rumored) for 160-240MSP each.

Played some Toy Soldiers today.

Started off with the Invasion DLC even though I never have done the standard campaign. Shot down some UFOs and got my ass kicked! Then I jumped into the regular campaign and had some fun. The game really emphasizes your personal use of machine guns/artillery to take down enemies and earn cash faster. The game can be a little bit overwhelming at times.

Aesthetically, I think it is a top caliber XBLA title. Nothing really challenges it.

My only gripe is that the load times are long and I notice this because I want to restart the level to get a better "start" and not fall behind in my defenses too quickly.

If you want someone to compare your scores to add me on XBLA.

So I know the AC:II DLC does not provide achievements but are the secret locations worth the extra $3? I am going to buy the Chapters just to have the entire story but I was wondering if the secret locations provide anything cool other than a place to go.

[quote name='zeb06']Castleania HoD got a DLC level today for 400MSP...no characters included though. Seems the rumor now is that the DLCs will be levels for 400MSP (3 rumored) and additional characters (6 rumored) for 160-240MSP each.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge fan of Castlevania games and am use to buying pretty much the same game over and over again on the portal systems. That being said, the price for the XBLA version is really adding up fast for what seems like a lot of recycled art content.

[quote name='zeb06']Castleania HoD got a DLC level today for 400MSP...no characters included though. Seems the rumor now is that the DLCs will be levels for 400MSP (3 rumored) and additional characters (6 rumored) for 160-240MSP each.[/QUOTE]

Wow. With this DLC you're looking at roughly $40 for a complete XBLA game. Isn't the majority of this game recycled art content? I love Castlevania and all, but that's too much even for me. :cry:

[quote name='Thrinn']Wow. With this DLC you're looking at roughly $40 for a complete XBLA game. Isn't the majority of this game recycled art content? I love Castlevania and all, but that's too much even for me. :cry:[/QUOTE]

So they wait until no one is playing the game any more and make one level $5? what the shaqfu is wrong with them?

Are we sure that the DLC "sale" is actually a sale and not just a permanent price drop? I don't see any ads for it on the dash, the price is the same regardless of whether or not I'm logged in and we don't have any end date. Just my 2 cents, correct me if I'm completely off.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Are we sure that the DLC "sale" is actually a sale and not just a permanent price drop? I don't see any ads for it on the dash, the price is the same regardless of whether or not I'm logged in and we don't have any end date. Just my 2 cents, correct me if I'm completely off.[/QUOTE]
Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey DLC saw a similar price drop without any official fanfare, and those prices have remained discounted for months now. Granted those are MS published titles.

Castlevania HD was a crappy grindfest from day one. I pity those who are so attached that they'll pay for this DLC and shall have to bear the shame of supporting this grotesque cash grab for the rest of their lives.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Are we sure that the DLC "sale" is actually a sale and not just a permanent price drop? I don't see any ads for it on the dash, the price is the same regardless of whether or not I'm logged in and we don't have any end date. Just my 2 cents, correct me if I'm completely off.[/QUOTE]

There is an ad on the dash. You are correct that there is no announced end date. I would say price drop is likely but the avatar items throw that of for me.

BTW All Fallout 3 DLC is now on sale. OP and DLC post has been adjusted

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']There is an ad on the dash. You are correct that there is no announced end date. I would say price drop is likely but the avatar items throw that of for me. [/QUOTE]

Actually the ad on the dashboard says THIS WEEK ONLY.

And a sale makes sense since every one of these titles is getting a sequel released next month, thus ppl who dont have em are buying the original games atm =p

[quote name='Draken Zero']Actually the ad on the dashboard says THIS WEEK ONLY.

And a sale makes sense since every one of these titles is getting a sequel released next month, thus ppl who dont have em are buying the original games atm =p[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the sale only appeared on my dash once. I'll update the OP

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallascowboys']Can anyone confirm that the AC II DLC is included with the PC version?[/QUOTE]

yup.. confirmed :) PC version has all the missing chapters but you need to have your internet always on to play the single-player game.:roll:

New Promo:
[quote name='xbox.com']During the month of October, spend 2400 Microsoft Points on Arcade games and/or game add-ons and you’ll get 800 Microsoft Points added to your membership as a thank-you gift.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']New Promo:[/QUOTE]

that's bs I just bought Toy Soldiers a few days ago, ugh.

Edit: Even with that though this is good. Can get Comic Jumper and Super Meat Boy for 800 a piece which is what they'd be whenever they go on sale down the road anyways.

I fell you kidrocklive. I am peeved b/c I just dropped 800 on Borderlands DLC yesterday!

I guess I'll pickup those SWTFU dlc packs after all.

I'm confused by the wording for the promo that's been added to the OP. First it says spending 2400 in October will get you 800 back, then it says purchasing 2400 in October will get you 800 back. So can someone buy 2400 points and get 800, then spend it all and get another 800? Or is it really just the act of purchasing, and a bunch of people are going to spend 2400 and discover the hard way that they're not getting 800 back?

It's purchasing 2400 points in content. I'll double check the OP to make sure the wording is correct

EDIT:

Done. I also separated the "legalese" description from the other more common one and put it in a spoiler. I know it's repetitive, but I fell obligaed to list both.

Ugh...In addition to Toy Soldiers, this week I bought just about every piece of Mass Effect 2 DLC available. Wish I'd known about this.

Nevertheless, I like it as a promotion. Much better than making people buy, say, all of the Summer of Arcade titles. At least here you can spend points on stuff you definitely want and get a nice reward.

Sweet promo for October... bummed that I bought some stuff recently, but with the rebate and flexibility, I'll definitely be grabbing some games this month. I do get a kick out of the fact that it's a better promotion than the summer of arcade offer this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back