Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price is good but, Black Ops comes out next month... I'd rather spend the $15 on Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero... :x

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Xbox guys should be getting it for free considering they pay $60 a month for XBL.[/QUOTE]

Not me... Target graciously gave me my next year for $19.99. :)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Xbox guys should be getting it for free considering they pay $60 a month for XBL.[/QUOTE]$60 a month?! Damn that MS, err I mean... Damn that M$!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Have they said if this DLC will work in both L4D & L4D2 or are I going to have to buy this two times to play it in both games?[/QUOTE]
Have to buy it separately for each game. It's nice that they made it available to everyone, but it does suck for people who want to complete the achievements for both games that they'll need to buy and play the same content twice.

Picked up this morning before work from the Sequel Sale.

Knothole Island 400
See the future 320
Tatoonie Mission pack 400

Now I need to finally play some Fable 2 which I have had since it came out but borrowed to my cousin to play. He just returned it to me last week. I forgot he even had it LOL.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Have to buy it separately for each game. It's nice that they made it available to everyone, but it does suck for people who want to complete the achievements for both games that they'll need to buy and play the same content twice.[/QUOTE]

I figured that was how it would work. No way they would let us buy it once and have it playable on both games.

I love how this is free on the PC but you have to buy it twice on the 360... :bomb:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Xbox guys should be getting it for free considering they pay $60 a month for XBL.[/QUOTE]

I think most ppl on this site have the next decade or so covered in 20-30 dollar cards :)

[quote name='cag1125']Thanks for confirming. It's misleading then to see these character packs as discounted on the list when in reality, they're really not. Someone (OP? Mod?) should correct that.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Have to buy it separately for each game. It's nice that they made it available to everyone, but it does suck for people who want to complete the achievements for both games that they'll need to buy and play the same content twice.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this myself. So it's the same content, just separated for the two versions? Is it better to just buy the L4D2 version then?

[quote name='kburns10']I was wondering about this myself. So it's the same content, just separated for the two versions? Is it better to just buy the L4D2 version then?[/QUOTE]

Yep. The L4D2 version also gives you the No Mercy campaign.

[quote name='polly']Yep. The L4D2 version also gives you the No Mercy campaign.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Polly! That's an extra 560 I won't spend thinking I'm getting a different experience.

not for sure if its been asked or not, does the summer deal for xbox live Spend 30 get 10 back work on Games on demand or is it arcade and game add ons?

[quote name='Snuckles']not for sure if its been asked or not, does the summer deal for xbox live Spend 30 get 10 back work on Games on demand or is it arcade and game add ons?[/QUOTE]There shouldn't be any restriction on what you can spend the points on once you get them. Both cases should work.

MajorNelson tweeted he should have his upcoming deals post up tomorrow. I'm at class all morning so I might not be able to update till late afternoon.

Added a Mini-Faq to the OP about the current promo. Take a look and let me know if you see any improvements I can add.

[quote name='Snuckles']not for sure if its been asked or not, does the summer deal for xbox live Spend 30 get 10 back work on Games on demand or is it arcade and game add ons?[/QUOTE]

Front page FAQ says that Games on Demand don't count. So just the titles from Live Arcade and add-ons.

[quote name='theyell0w']This months issue of OXM says that Super Meat Boy is only going to cost 800 MS points[/QUOTE]

they raised the price

shame...I was thinking about picking up some Games on demand. If I get a physical copy I always trade em in lol.

never beat Fable 2 and wanted to pick it up before fable 3.

[quote name='reddjoey']That's a good question. Are you really going to spend $30 in Game Room?

Someone Tweet XboxSupport and ask them and report back.[/QUOTE]

About 4 games, which is about 960 I think. Don't have a Twitter though :whistle2:#

[quote name='Snuckles']shame...I was thinking about picking up some Games on demand. If I get a physical copy I always trade em in lol.

never beat Fable 2 and wanted to pick it up before fable 3.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about picking up some games on demand for the exact same reason, lol. kinda sucks they don't count towards the 2400, I'm really not sure what I'm gonna end up buying.

Still waiting on my Summer of Arcade points. Didn't last year's points get dished out a couple days earlier than the promo stated?

The free Points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow 4 weeks for delivery — on or around September 30, 2010.

[quote name='notwen']Still waiting on my Summer of Arcade points. Didn't last year's points get dished out a couple days earlier than the promo stated?[/QUOTE]Same here. I'll wait until the end of this week then I'll start looking into where they're at if I don't have them.

I'm concerned about Major Nelson's list of upcoming content not including Costume Quest.

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
October 6: Comic Jumper, 1200 Microsoft Points
October 13: Pinball FX 2, Free game download. Tables purchased individually with free import from original “Pinball FX”
October 13: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I, 1200 Microsoft Points
October 13: Dead Space Ignition, 400 Microsoft Points
October 20: Super Meat Boy, 1200 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :
Week of October 11: Mass Effect 2
Overlord, 400 Microsoft Points
Kasumi Stolen Memory, 400 Microsoft Points
Blood Dragon Armor, 160 Microsoft Points
Suit, 160 Microsoft Points
Helmet, 80 Microsoft Points

Week of October 18 (Xbox LIVE Members’ Choice)
:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught, 400 Microsoft Points
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 SPECACT Upgrade, 320 Microsoft Points

**Special pricing available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members
Xbox Games On Demand:
October 12: Gears of War 2
Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace:
October 7: Halloween Collection Update
October 7: NBA 2K11
October 14: Fable III
Xbox Game Add-Ons
October 12: Alan Wake - The Writer, 560 Microsoft Points and available worldwide

I'm pissed that BBC2 DLC won that vote =/ I'll prob pick up the Mass Effect 2 DLC though. And for those like me waiting on the Summer of Arcade MS Points, I got the response from Microsoft Support that it would be 4-6 weeks after the promotion ends. So that means sometime in the next week and a half we should be getting our points.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'd so buy the ME2 DLC but I'm paranoid of the GOTY edition coming out and I could get it on disc. Ugh, what to do what to do.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they don't even have the newest DLC pack, Lair of the Shadow Broker included in the sale. I'll just wait on the inevitable GotY editon to come out and then do my playthough on Insanity at that point.

I don't get the consternation about GOTY editions and such. Yeah, one will almost certainly come out sometime down the line. You just have to decide how much of a premium you are willing to pay to enjoy the content right now, rather than in 6 or 8 months or whatever.

not very good discounts on the ME2 DLC, isn't the add-ons usually 560msp?

only thing on the list I'll be getting is Dead Space: Ignition, and maybe Costume Quest, tho I hate supporting 1200msp pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back