Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice finally getting the mass effect dlc, been waiting a while. it does suck they didn't put shadow broker on sale too. o well i can wait

[quote name='genfuyung']I'll wait for the ME2 GOTY just like I did with Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've done so well on waiting lately that I'm getting a lot of my games super cheap.

I'm tempted to get the MW2 map packs, but I'm probably going to trade it in for Black Ops anyway so I'll pass.

[quote name='crunchewy']I got an answer from XboxSupport: "Gameroom games do not qualify, because you can't get credit for them individually. ^RR"[/QUOTE]

Those sneaky bastards....alright, thanks!

Yea, those ME2 prices are horrible. More likely than not they will go on sale for a better price down the road too, so forget it.

And they'd really have to release a lot more content for them to bulk up to the $40 extra a GOTY version would cost. There's only been like two or three items of any substance at all.

This is interesting...

Yesterday I purchased 1200 Microsoft points off the dashboard to buy the MW2 maps, yet my debit card hasn't been charged yet, and it usually shows up on my checking account right away.

Maybe this is how Microsoft is giving back the Summer of Arcade rebate?

So anyone notice that sonic 4 is gonna cost 15 bucks? Eff you sega. That's basically charging 60 bucks for a 2D sonic.

Updated the OP. Thanks for your patience.

I'm glad I had CQ being 10/20. I'll add Game Room to the list of exclusions in the OP. I guess I might pickup some ME2 DLC.... might wait for GOTY.

DLC post will be updated later on tonight. Any suggestion/comments/improvement/grips, please post them so I can put that toward making the thread better

[quote name='shosh']So anyone notice that sonic 4 is gonna cost 15 bucks? Eff you sega. That's basically charging 60 bucks for a 2D sonic.[/QUOTE]

They saw Nintendo get away with selling a 2D Mario for $50, and therefore probably thought they could get away with $60 for a HD 2D game. Yeah, Sonic's no Mario, but they're going to try it anyway. This game seems destine for a $30 MSRP collection on disc.

when are dlc released-what time i mean-looking for l4d2 the sacrifice but don't see it. i know its suppose to be out today

[quote name='youenvy']when are dlc released-what time i mean-looking for l4d2 the sacrifice but don't see it. i know its suppose to be out today[/QUOTE]

[quote name='L4D Blog']It will be released later this evening on the Xbox 360.[/quote]

http://www.l4d.com/blog/

Dang. Just bought that ME2 DLC week before last. But I don't feel too bad because that's not a huge discount and I got my enjoyment out of it (well, Kasumi...Haven't played through Overlord yet). The sub machine gun you pick up in the Kasumi mission is the best SMG in the game and having it early on has saved my ass more than once.

It sucks that the member's choice DOTW is for BFBC2. I was hoping for a discounted Deathspank.

As for Mass Effect GOTY, keep in mind most packs like this are just the original game plus a code to get all the DLC at no extra cost. So, considering that regular ME2 is currently $20 and if a GOTY edition ever does come out, it will cost $60, buying the DLC during the sale seems to make more sense. Unless, of course, Bioware comes out with a bunch more stuff DLC between now and then.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'm glad I had CQ being 10/20. I'll add Game Room to the list of exclusions in the OP. I guess I might pickup some ME2 DLC.... might wait for GOTY.
[/QUOTE]

But I wanted to play Costume Quest sooner. :bouncy:

Ah well, it'll be especially in time for Halloween when it comes out.

[quote name='ass-assassin']It sucks that the member's choice DOTW is for BFBC2. I was hoping for a discounted Deathspank.

As for Mass Effect GOTY, keep in mind most packs like this are just the original game plus a code to get all the DLC at no extra cost. So, considering that regular ME2 is currently $20 and if a GOTY edition ever does come out, it will cost $60, buying the DLC during the sale seems to make more sense. Unless, of course, Bioware comes out with a bunch more stuff DLC between now and then.[/QUOTE]Agreed. Anyone that voted for BF BC2 DLC should be beaten with a stick. Deathspank needs a discount before DLC does.

For anyone on the fence about waiting for ME2 GOTY with all the DLC or not, it's $20 now, plus $5 and $5 for two of the main DLC additions. $7 gets you the other one, and that'll be less than $40.

[quote name='shrike4242']Agreed. Anyone that voted for BF BC2 DLC should be beaten with a stick. Deathspank needs a discount before DLC does.

For anyone on the fence about waiting for ME2 GOTY with all the DLC or not, it's $20 now, plus $5 and $5 for two of the main DLC additions. $7 gets you the other one, and that'll be less than $40.[/QUOTE]

Shadow Broker is 800 points, so you'd be breaking even.

[quote name='dashrendar']Shadow Broker is 800 points, so you'd be breaking even.[/QUOTE]Assuming that would be on a GOTY release, then you'd be at $48, $54 with the full price DLC figured into the mix. If they add in the weapon/armor packs, then you would be saving money at full DLC prices.

i voted for BC2 DLC, bc i already have/dont want the other games. why would i vote for what the community should get not what i want? you guys are such haters.

Was originally going to buy a gamertag change and RB2 export code inside of this deal, but those don't count for some fucking stupid reason. This deal blows. Points are points, I have to buy more whether I spend them on an XBox Live game or panties for my Avatar.

[quote name='shrike4242']
For anyone on the fence about waiting for ME2 GOTY with all the DLC or not, it's $20 now, plus $5 and $5 for two of the main DLC additions. $7 gets you the other one, and that'll be less than $40.[/QUOTE]

Well, I already have ME2. Normally, even in that case, I wait for the GotY and then wait for that to be dirt cheap ;). The flip side of that, though, is that my points are already dirt cheap (and many were free) so spending cash even on a discounted GotY is not necessarily a better option.

However, I have already played through ME2 (on Insanity). At the time of release I maxed out all the achievements (1015/1015) but I did all that before the first DLC even came out (except for the free stuff right at the beginning of course). I guess there are more now, plus I do want to play my "correct" (paragon) ME1 playthrough. I screwed up and picked the wrong one when I did ME2 and then when I did Insanity I wanted to use my more advanced char so I had to continue with that.

I may just play it again with my better character on Easy so it is relaxing and play the DLC along with it.

So, that would be another 800 points spent (I'll wait on the newest one till it is on sale). Are there any achievements with the older DLC packs (the ones on sale)? If not, I just won't bother with them. I spent 800 on Toy Soldiers. And I guess this Costume Quest thing will be 1200, right? So I can get my 2400 with just one of the ME2 packs. If both have acheivements I'll just get both and "overspend" on the promo - no big deal.

I saw ME2 and was like SHIT I JUST BOUGHT SHADOW BROKER LAST WEEK.

Needless to say I'm glad it's not there yet, I will pick up Kasumi and maybe Overlord if it's good.

Just picked up Mass Effect 2 at blockbuster for $10 so I could play the Shadow Broker DLC, might as well grab the other 2 next week. I got Toy Soldiers last week, so that would bring me to 2400. Good promo for me since I would have gotten all that stuff eventually. Thanks OP.

[quote name='io']Well, I already have ME2. Normally, even in that case, I wait for the GotY and then wait for that to be dirt cheap ;). The flip side of that, though, is that my points are already dirt cheap (and many were free) so spending cash even on a discounted GotY is not necessarily a better option.

However, I have already played through ME2 (on Insanity). At the time of release I maxed out all the achievements (1015/1015) but I did all that before the first DLC even came out (except for the free stuff right at the beginning of course). I guess there are more now, plus I do want to play my "correct" (paragon) ME1 playthrough. I screwed up and picked the wrong one when I did ME2 and then when I did Insanity I wanted to use my more advanced char so I had to continue with that.

I may just play it again with my better character on Easy so it is relaxing and play the DLC along with it.

So, that would be another 800 points spent (I'll wait on the newest one till it is on sale). Are there any achievements with the older DLC packs (the ones on sale)? If not, I just won't bother with them. I spent 800 on Toy Soldiers. And I guess this Costume Quest thing will be 1200, right? So I can get my 2400 with just one of the ME2 packs. If both have acheivements I'll just get both and "overspend" on the promo - no big deal.[/QUOTE]Each of the DLC packs for ME2 have achievements associated with them, so yes, you'd get more for playing through with them.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mass-effect-2/achievements/

Kasumi's Stolen Memory gets you 15, Overlord gets you 25. Lair of the Shadow Broker gets you 200, though that's not on sale. ;) Worth full price, IMO.

[quote name='shosh']So anyone notice that sonic 4 is gonna cost 15 bucks? Eff you sega. That's basically charging 60 bucks for a 2D sonic.[/QUOTE]
Well, so far it's 45 dollars for a three episode Sonic game (I don't think there's been any confirmation for a fourth episode) And hopefully they'll adjust pricing for episode 2. Probably not, but would be nice.
Even so, 45 dollars for episode 1X3 isn't bad. I mean, we paid that back in the Genesis days.

This probably isn't the right place for this, but I can't seem to find any info anywhere else. Regarding the deal on the Xbox dashboard about renewing Xbox live and getting either 800 or 1600 points depending on how many years you go for. The fine print at the bottom of the screen claims that you won't be charged until your current subscription is up. I'm currently subscribed until December of 2012 and I hear all the time that you can't have more than 3 years on your account at one time. Basically, I'm wondering if I can lock in 2 more years, get the 1600 points, and not get screwed over by going past 3 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I called 18004MyXbox with a similar concern. On Dec 2012 you will be charged the amount. It is very weird, but that is how they are doing it.

In terms of story, yes. In terms of gameplay representing the game, no. Dead Space Ignition is a motion comic and puzzles that tie together the stories. Could be a bit more, but I haven't read more than that.

Edit: Thanks for the link Sway.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I can't wait for Pinball FX 2. It releases it on my birthday! :D[/QUOTE]

October birthdays are the best, man.

Yep...just checked mine as well. I got 400 points b/c two of the games I got download codes for. Still good tho...should get 800 for this promo for sure tho :)

[quote name='Cheapskate']So, how worth it is this MW2 DLC, if I don't yet own the game but have been thinking of getting it once the price is a little lower?[/QUOTE]

you, will be waiting a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChernobylCow']Damn that'll go great with Amazon's $20 price.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! I just ordered my copy even though I have it on PC, and haven't played it yet ;)

bad company 2 won dotw?...what a joke, seriously. not even the vip code is on sale and the game is not going to get alot of play since there is a new cod coming out soon among other recent/future games coming out this fall. shame @ the people who voted for it :p

[quote name='intoxicated662']bad company 2 won dotw?...what a joke, seriously. not even the vip code is on sale and the game is not going to get alot of play since there is a new cod coming out soon among other recent/future games coming out this fall. shame @ the people who voted for it :p[/QUOTE]

I am disappointed as well but to say BF:BC2 will not get play because of a new COD, you are just joking yourself. Remember they are also coming out with a Vietnam expansion which renew more life into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back