Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='reddjoey']FYI: Summer of Arcade rebate points just appeared in my account[/QUOTE]

I apparently only received 400 despite buying all 5 Summer of Arcade games; hurray for getting to work w/ Xbox support.

I'll bite on the ME2 stuff next week. We'll see if there's 1600 points worth of stuff (or even 800, since if I got 800 points worth of stuff I *might as well* get another 800) this month I want to get. Hopefully the October 25th sale will be better (as I don't even HAVE Bad Company 2).

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ugh. I can't believe morons voted for freaking DLC instead of one of two full quality XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm one of those morons since I already own PD and DS :roll:

[quote name='vlv723']Once again, I'll say this because PD or DS didn't win:

DAMN KIDS!!! :sad:[/QUOTE]

I agree. That bfbc 2 DLC looks like fun, but I'd rather have PD or DS. Don't worry though because PD and DS will both be discounted soon enough in the next couple months. Just keep yourself busy with other quality games and have patience and faith that PD and DS will drop.

[quote name='reddjoey']I called 18004MyXbox with a similar concern. On Dec 2012 you will be charged the amount. It is very weird, but that is how they are doing it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Reddjoey, I knew I could count on CAG.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Comic Jumper demo is up! 2 GB download.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... with how limited I am with HD space right now that may honestly be a deal breaker for me.

I also am disappointed that a batch of DLC, some of which was available for free was voted DOTW. From what I remember though, no one offer managed to corner off more than 25-30% of the vote. You think Microsoft wouldn't want to sell something that theoretically 75% of the user's, there is reason to believe, won't (or would at least be less likely to) purchase. (I know that there may have been people who voted for PD that will buy BF2 DLC, my point is that picking the two highest would have seemed the most logical, with the highest degree of success in generating sales)

[quote name='reddjoey']FYI: Summer of Arcade rebate points just appeared in my account[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting for my 400 points. I guessing that my winning a Limbo code excluded that game.

[quote name='Jankee']I'm still waiting for my 400 points. I guessing that my winning a Limbo code excluded that game.[/QUOTE]

The Summer of arcade promo was for 1200 points back for all, 400 pts for three of them, but only if you "bought" all the games, not just downloaded them, that was part of their policy on the promo, if you didn't actually "buy" Limbo off XBLM, you won't get the points most likely. One can hope, or I could be remembering wrong.

[quote name='spectreon']So DotW and discounted dlc/arcade titles do or dont count? Tried link from OP but got page does not exist errors. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Reddjoey pasted his conversation with MS in the first post about that. They do count.

[quote name='seanr1221']Guess I'm one of those morons since I already own PD and DS :roll:[/QUOTE]

At least you're not trying to hide it. ~ ~

[quote name='Cheapskate']Thanks, that totally answered my question. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Sorry if that was a bit harsh but Call of Duty games go through a very extended period of time before they start seeing a decent price drop. As with shooters like BFBC, MoH , and CoD most of the time they drop off and people are on to the next shooter. Sadly the Single Player will grant you a good 5-6 hours of play and that will be that.
If you are interested in that I'd say drop your cash on Black Ops and ride that train until the next COD next year. ;)

[quote name='Joartrak']Sorry if that was a bit harsh...[/QUOTE]

It wasn't harsh, just completely uninformative. But your second go round was much better.

[quote name='gordojones88']When the achievements are leaked on xbox360achievements.org,
it means the game has been officially approved by Microsoft for release.
It takes about a month or two after that before it shows up on XBLA.
Since the achievements were posted on September 30,
expect the game sometime in November.

It's very likely Microsoft hasn't been sitting on the game at all.
A lot of games don't pass QA testing and have to be resubmitted several times
before the developer gets out all of the bugs they didn't catch the first few times.

.[/QUOTE]

What do I search for on xbox360achievements.org to find the Yugi achievement list? I looked last night and today and found squat.

Is it based on Yugioh, Yugioh GX, or Yugioh 5Ds? Or a combination?

[quote name='MSUHitman']What do I search for on xbox360achievements.org to find the Yugi achievement list? I looked last night and today and found squat.

Is it based on Yugioh, Yugioh GX, or Yugioh 5Ds? Or a combination?[/QUOTE]

Err, sorry for my absence

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/yu-gi-oh-5ds-decade-duel/achievements/

Its based on EVERYTHING. From what im hearing its got cards from the first pack, all the way up to some of the 5D's stuff. But man i hope it comes out soon, i loved the DS games, but the latest 5D's ones are horrible, and the PSP ones never caught my fancy.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Err, sorry for my absence

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/yu-gi-oh-5ds-decade-duel/achievements/

Its based on EVERYTHING. From what im hearing its got cards from the first pack, all the way up to some of the 5D's stuff. But man i hope it comes out soon, i loved the DS games, but the latest 5D's ones are horrible, and the PSP ones never caught my fancy.[/QUOTE]

No I can tell its based on the 5Ds anime. Those characters are not from Yugioh or GX, and 2 of the main 5Ds characters are the symbols for the achievements. Plus it has the synchro monsters. Having a lot of cards from the first set to the current one is cool, but I like the original Yugioh and GX anime's MUCH more than 5Ds.

As long as they don't make the game like Tag Force 4 on the PSP (think DOAX2 absurdity in having to do certain things to progress) then the game will be worth it.

[quote name='genfuyung']Comic Jumper is actually pretty fun and very funny. That and costume quest for me. Then I'll put my 800 toward Scott Pilgrim.[/QUOTE]

I 2nd this. The demo had me laughing so much hahah.

I'm pretty tempted to pick up Comic Jumper with my SOA points. I knew it would be good given Twisted Pixel's last two games, but it is REALLY funny.

Comic Jumper has to be one of the best things i have brought from XBL in ages, i didnt even think twice about the 1200 points.

Plus the Avatar Awards/Gamerpics/Premium Theme/Splosion Man levels.

(And the hilarious stat screen song)

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Ugh... with how limited I am with HD space right now that may honestly be a deal breaker for me. [/QUOTE]

Pony up $5-10 and get a 16g USB flash drive imo. Or partition off 16g of a external HDD(s) like me :)

From Xbox on Facebook:
If you participated in the Summer of Arcade points program, points have now been added to all accounts. If you did not receive your points and you should have, please follow the instructions in this thread on the xbox.com forums for help. http://xbx.lv/b0fnba

[quote name='Draken Zero']Pony up $5-10 and get a 16g USB flash drive imo.[/QUOTE]
woah where can i get one for $5?!

[quote name='skodd']woah where can i get one for $5?![/QUOTE]

You definitely can't get a decent one for anywhere near that price. A good 16 Gig flash drive like this one will run you ~$30, though you can get a slower one on sale for less.

Beware that slow flash drives are likely to fail the 360's certification test. There a USB stick compatibility thread in the 360 forum.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Comic Jumper has to be one of the best things i have brought from XBL in ages, i didnt even think twice about the 1200 points.

Plus the Avatar Awards/Gamerpics/Premium Theme/Splosion Man levels.

(And the hilarious stat screen song)[/QUOTE]

Stat song sold me! I was already laughing throughout the demo and that put it over the edge! I will be buying the game this weekend.

Comic Jumper seemed actually to be all flash, little substance. A complete party but the gameplay was just bleh.

That said, I think for the party alone the $15 entry fee is worth it.

Bought the Resurgence pack and now feel like I wasted 600 MS points. I played CODMW2 for about 10 matches and only two maps came up.

I planning to get the Alan Wake DLC and Sonic 4 next week-does anyone know something I can get with 40-70 MS points that qualifies?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Comic Jumper seemed actually to be all flash, little substance. A complete party but the gameplay was just bleh.

That said, I think for the party alone the $15 entry fee is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much yea. It's a horrible game and I really, really wish they just carbon copied Megaman/Contra for the shooty bits, but it's still one of the best experiences on XBLA.

It plus Meatboy seem a no brainer for the bonus for me. I really don't see what apparantly everyone else does in Costume Quest.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed'] I really don't see what apparantly everyone else does in Costume Quest.[/QUOTE]

If you don't love turn-based RPGs, you probably wouldn't.

I do, and I love cute things. Sold.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']So how long must we wait for our rebate points?[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the points from the 2400/800 promotion, the fine print says to allow up to November 30th to receive the points refund.

[quote name='utopianmachine']If you're referring to the points from the 2400/800 promotion, the fine print says to allow up to November 30th to receive the points refund.[/QUOTE]

I just figured I'd ask. I'm pretty sure I saw a previous post where someone has already received their rebate points.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I just figured I'd ask. I'm pretty sure I saw a previous post where someone has already received their rebate points.[/QUOTE]

That was in reference to the Summer of Arcade rebate promotion, not the current October promotion.

So I'm still deciding what to spend my 2400 points on. I was thinking Comic Jumper, but after playing the demo, I'd rather wait for a sale. I'm thinking Scott Pilgrim, but I was also thinking I'd spend the 800 rebate points on that. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='DarkZion']So I'm still deciding what to spend my 2400 points on. I was thinking Comic Jumper, but after playing the demo, I'd rather wait for a sale. I'm thinking Scott Pilgrim, but I was also thinking I'd spend the 800 rebate points on that. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]I'm waiting until the last week to make my purchases so I don't buy something that subsequently goes on sale during October.

[quote name='Gerry P.']I'm waiting until the last week to make my purchases so I don't buy something that subsequently goes on sale during October.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for that same reason, but we might not even have to wait until the last week. We've already known the sales for the next two weeks well beforehand. I'm hoping we find out about the week of the 25th sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back