Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PublikDefender']i have a question about the specact upgrade that's on sale. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/20/xbox-live-deal-of-the-week-bad-company-2-dlc/

I want to use the dr. pepper trick instead. do i have to look for a specific dr. pepper bottle or will any dr. pepper bottle still work? i know that the dr. pepper promotion was back in may but I don't know if it is still valid. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There is a thread in Contest Forum that I have started. You need to look for Dr Pepper with EA logos. I haven't seen any since the start of summer. Thanks for reminding me I need to go check on that thread.

[quote name='life.exe']Just buy anything to get you to 2400, it will basically be free.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. If you spend the 400 points on a crappy game and will never play it, then Microsoft has won!

I think I've spent more time researching on how to spend 2400 MS points than the $10 I earn back.

Last month, I spent 4400 MS points on normal purchases. /sigh

This month only Meatboy was a sure purchase so I'm still working on spending another 1600 MS points.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX : November 17 ( probably )

I am really pumped for this game.
People who have played it the last few months say good things about it.
Put it on your calendars ( in pencil ).

Final preview Oct 22

First preview Sept 9

pac-man-championship-edition-dx-20100908014825938_640w.jpg

pac-man-championship-edition-dx-20101012064435442_640w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of biting (heh) on super meat boy, even if the game didn't seem like a blast in that old school I'm going to kill everybody if I don't make this jump on my 2832th try sort of way, I'm tempted to buy it to support the idea of XBLA games being "on sale" when they launch.

If I do, I'll be 800 away... I'm convinced that Scott Pilgrim will go on sale sometime soon, same with Perfect Dark. I was considering Snoopy, then bam, news that it will be the DOTW soon.

Either way, I've already gotten 1000 points from Bing Rewards, and almost all of my points are from text messaging contest so it's really like getting free money back from spending free money.

[quote name='tominater12']I need to ask do deals of the week count towards the rebate promotion?[/QUOTE]

For asking that question for the thousandth time, you have to go to the back of the line. You really should feel bad about it.

[quote name='marineal']bought all borderlands DLC :)[/QUOTE]

not to call you out but did you not buy them on sale or did you buy something else too? Because if not thats only 2000(400+400+400_800) would hate for you not to get your 800 points over 400 points. I recomend case 0 if you need 400 points still(if your not getting dead rising) I get bored of of games like dead rising, but find case 0 to be great for a random hour here or there.

[quote name='blackasnight']not to call you out but did you not buy them on sale or did you buy something else too? Because if not thats only 2000(400+400+400_800) would hate for you not to get your 800 points over 400 points. I recomend case 0 if you need 400 points still(if your not getting dead rising) I get bored of of games like dead rising, but find case 0 to be great for a random hour here or there.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the input, thanks for the suggestion, but i'm gettin the Bioshock 2 DLC next week :)

[quote name='mtxbass1']I am calling bs there. Why would smb be excluded in particular?[/QUOTE]
Because it's on sale and the 800 points back is only for regular priced content?

That would be my guess

I'm not sure what to think because we have new answers every day

[quote name='Moltres423']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7753070&postcount=164

Are we sure that Meat Boy counts for the rebate?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why it wouldn't. You still have to spend 2,400 points; the 400 point-off sale means you just need to buy something else to hit the threshold. Plus, Super Meat Boy wasn't the only thing on sale in October, can you imagine the shit storm Microsoft would receive if they excluded sale content (Mass Effect 2 DLC, Toy Soldiers, etc. etc).

I wouldn't worry about it.

Guys.. I have spent 1600 points and need to hit 2400!

I have bought both addons for Toy Soldiers (400x2) and SMB (800).

Please give me some suggestions to spend some points on. I am planning on buying Rock band 3 this week if that helps you to suggest anything :)

Moltres, isn't the new borderlands dlc out? Claptrap's Revenge?

--- Edit ---
I'm guessing you are going for the 400 dlcs. I've enjoyed Moxxi's Underdome DLC. It's entertaining, some more bosses and some new creatures to fight. New weapons, my friend and I are playing through it still. I don't consider it a grindfest and it's not tedious at all.

--- Edit 2 ---
I think I have my dlc's mixed up. If it's the one where you duke it out in an arena, then yea, it's kind of a grindfest. I do not remember receiving any good loot from the dlc. And it felt pointless.

Underdome is only good for the bank. And that's only if you like collecting guns. The arena fights are not only long, but you also don't receive XP or weapon proficiency while doing them. And the loot at the end of each boss wave usually sucks.

And if people still need to spend points and they will be playing Rock Band 3 this week, it's not a bad idea to pick up some Rock Band tracks. There's a large amount available, so it's quite easy to spend 800+ points on them.

[quote name='reddjoey']There is a thread in Contest Forum that I have started. You need to look for Dr Pepper with EA logos. I haven't seen any since the start of summer. Thanks for reminding me I need to go check on that thread.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some in Kmart if you have any around.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Also got 200/200 for Costume Quest. It was such a blast. Everyone should buy it if you enjoy good things in life.[/QUOTE]

It's fun, but I'm not sure it's worth 1200 points? Every review I've read says it's only shortcoming (see how I did that? :applause: ) is how short the game is. It's almost got 800 points (on sale) written all over it. Limbo is almost the same way, and it's probably the only reason I haven't bought that either.

Hmm... might pick up Snoopy next week.

And Super Meat Boy was kind of fun, might get that before it goes up to 1200 points too.

Off topic.. but Plants Vs. Zombies is only $18.33 on Amazon and eligible for FSS. For ~1467 Microsoft points you can get Plants Vs. Zombies, Peggle, AND Zuma.

Just tossing that out there for those who haven't bought this and a) already fulfilled their 2400 point rebate goal or b) JUST want to pick up Plants Vs. Zombies.

I figured I'd give everyone a heads up! Given it's only $1.66 in savings, I don't believe it deserves its own thread. :p

[quote name='DarkZion']And if people still need to spend points and they will be playing Rock Band 3 this week, it's not a bad idea to pick up some Rock Band tracks. There's a large amount available, so it's quite easy to spend 800+ points on them.[/QUOTE]
Yup. I was worried about hitting 2400 until I realized I hadn't kept up with Rock Band DLC. I got the REM pack, Ministry pack, Anthrax pack and some Dio tracks.

[quote name='madcyantist']Guys.. I have spent 1600 points and need to hit 2400!

Please give me some suggestions to spend some points on. I am planning on buying Rock band 3 this week if that helps you to suggest anything :)[/QUOTE]

Then I would suggest The Doors 9-song track pack to go along with the 3 free songs. I'm still unclear if a RB2 export key will count for the rebate or what it's even going to cost or I'd suggest that.

[quote name='probin74243']Then I'm still unclear if a RB2 export key will count for the rebate or what it's even going to cost or I'd suggest that.[/QUOTE]

I believe RB Exports where one of the things on the list major Nelson put out of stuff that didn't count, but I could be wrong about that.

[quote name='madcyantist']Guys.. I have spent 1600 points and need to hit 2400!

Please give me some suggestions to spend some points on. I am planning on buying Rock band 3 this week if that helps you to suggest anything :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much this will help, but if you go to Wikipedia's List of XBLA Games and click the icon in the header of the price column, it will give you a list of titles sorted by price. Hopefully you can find something you like with the right number of points.

[quote name='ssulungnamjah']i need to spend 400 more points for the 2400/800 deal...
anybody got any suggestions? (i'm eventually gonna get dead rising 2 so no case zero)[/QUOTE]

Do you realize that Case Zero is essentially the prologue to the DR2 story? Or that you can level up your character in Case Zero and take those stats over to DR2? Or that Case Zero has roughly 5 hours of gameplay?

It seems that if you're eventually going to get DR2, Case Zero would be the perfect DLC to purchase to spend 400 more points for the promo.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Do you realize that Case Zero is essentially the prologue to the DR2 story? Or that you can level up your character in Case Zero and take those stats over to DR2? Or that Case Zero has roughly 5 hours of gameplay?

It seems that if you're eventually going to get DR2, Case Zero would be the perfect DLC to purchase to spend 400 more points for the promo.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Case Zero is great and definitely a good purchase for people who are getting Dead Rising 2 at some point.

Damn, for some reason I thought the newest Bioshock 2 dlc was on sale this week too. I'm bummed that it's not but I guess it won't hurt to wait till it does hit a sale since the resale value on bioshock 2 is so low it makes more sense to just keep it and wait for the dlc to hit sales.

[quote name='ssulungnamjah']i need to spend 400 more points for the 2400/800 deal...
anybody got any suggestions? (i'm eventually gonna get dead rising 2 so no case zero)[/QUOTE]

Not the smartest buy, but the DR2 preorder packs are coming out at 160 pts each.

EDIT: 3D Ultra Mini Golf will be out 10/27. I will update the OP tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to pick up Haunted House as the last game for my 2400 deal, but there's 0 info when this game is coming out. Anyone know? Can't be after Halloween... that would suck!

Severely pissed off about this, but there's a Red Dead Redemption Undead Pack for 1600MSP available now. Contains Legends & Killers, Liars & Cheats, and Undead Nightmare DLCs (2400MSP separately).

fuck you, R*.

Liars & Cheats is great. Legends & Killers is OK, but a bit too little for the 800MSP. The Undead Nightmare Pack (and I'm assuming here that the Undead Nightmare DLC is fantastic) is an excellent deal for 1600MSP.

I reiterate: fuck you, R*. I hate wasting MSP and I could have saved 800MSP by waiting.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Would anyone recommend the bioshock 2 map pack? I've heard that it can be next to impossible to even play them since most people don't have them.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly right. I love the game and I love the multiplayer, but it's tough to recommend Rapture Metro because private sessions are the only way you're ever going to see those maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back