Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's exactly right. I love the game and I love the multiplayer, but it's tough to recommend Rapture Metro because private sessions are the only way you're ever going to see those maps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I was hoping this wasn't the case but I'm glad I found out before buying it. I guess I'll take the saved 400 points and just get Minervas Den now instead of waiting for it to hit a sale. I've been dying for some more single player bioshock goodness.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Thanks I was hoping this wasn't the case but I'm glad I found out before buying it. I guess I'll take the saved 400 points and just get Minervas Den now instead of waiting for it to hit a sale. I've been dying for some more single player bioshock goodness.[/QUOTE]
Minerva's Den is really great, you can't go wrong with that.

[quote name='eugaet']Severely pissed off about this, but there's a Red Dead Redemption Undead Pack for 1600MSP available now. Contains Legends & Killers, Liars & Cheats, and Undead Nightmare DLCs (2400MSP separately).

fuck you, R*.[/QUOTE]

Do the first 2 add anything to the single player game?

Picked up a lips bundle (440), alan wake's the writer (560), and the Undead Pack for 1600. I should be in the clear, but I'm going to spend another 1200 or so just to be certain.

The RDR pack put me over the edge for the 2400 promo.

Total I nabbed MUA2 DLC, Super Meat Boy and then the Undead Nightmare Pack.

I went over the 2400 obviously, which stinks because I only have 200 points or so left and have to go buy more for Snoopy next week. I was planning on using my leftovers from my previous balance. Damn you Microsoft and your great XBLA content.

Snoopy Flying Ace is quite fun. The single player is short, but for 400 points you can't go wrong and the multiplayer has been great, the bit I've played of it.

[quote name='eugaet']Severely pissed off about this, but there's a Red Dead Redemption Undead Pack for 1600MSP available now. Contains Legends & Killers, Liars & Cheats, and Undead Nightmare DLCs (2400MSP separately).

fuck you, R*.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't noticed, early adopters are generally screwed over in the gaming industry. It's nothing new. It happens the best of us CAGs.

Personally, I'm happy about the Undead pack, because I haven't bought any of the DLC yet. I was going to wait for the disc release, but I just bought a bunch of 1600 point cards from the TRU B2G1 sale online for about $16.70 a piece. That essentially makes buying the Undead pack half price when compared to the disc release. I can't complain about that.

[quote name='BingoBrown']If you haven't noticed, early adopters are generally screwed over in the gaming industry. It's nothing new. It happens the best of us CAGs.[/QUOTE]I fully expect early adopters to get shafted. I've been around damn well long enough to know that's SOP. I just didn't expect to get shafted on the Undead Nightmare DLC on day 1. I was prepared to pay $10/800MSP for UN when I got up this morning, but now I'm holding off until I can figure out a deal where I can basically get all 3 DLCs for $20/1600MSP. I'm not spending $30/2400MSP.

[quote name='eugaet']I fully expect early adopters to get shafted. I've been around damn well long enough to know that's SOP. I just didn't expect to get shafted on the Undead Nightmare DLC on day 1. I was prepared to pay $10/800MSP for UN when I got up this morning, but now I'm holding off until I can figure out a deal where I can basically get all 3 DLCs for $20/1600MSP. I'm not spending $30/2400MSP.[/QUOTE]Your conundrum counfounds me. You want all three RDR DLCs for $20/1600 points, correct? Buy the Undead Pack which has all three DLCs for $20/1600 points. Am I missing the cause of your problem? Did I miss that you already have some DLC already? It looks like the undead dlc is worth the rare MSRP for me as I've played about an hour now.

Pinball FX2 isn't bad at all. I've still got 1200 points to spend for the promotion, and while I was considering getting the first Deathspank, Pinball FX2 is saying, "Don't you want me too?"

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did I miss that you already have some DLC already?[/QUOTE]Yes, I already own some of the previous DLC. Anyone who does got screwed when the Undead Nightmare Collection appeared alongside the UN Pack. If the UNC appeared later, even as early as Xmas, I'd be fine with it. But releasing it the same day as the UNP is, to my mind, discourteous to R*'s loyal RDR fanbase.

I would have happily bought the UNC for $20/1600MSP. Not so keen on having to spend $30/2400MSP for all three. I honestly wish I had never purchased any RDR DLC before UN released.

But I'm working on a solution to my Sheldonesque quandary. Just have to round up some half-price/free MSP.

It has been suggested that this is Microsoft's doing. Regardless of who made the judgment call, it was a bad one, and reflects extremely poorly on R*.

[quote name='eugaet']Yes, I already own some of the previous DLC. Anyone who does got screwed when the Undead Nightmare Collection appeared alongside the UN Pack. If the UNC appeared later, even as early as Xmas, I'd be fine with it. But releasing it the same day as the UNP is, to my mind, discourteous to R*'s loyal RDR fanbase.

I would have happily bought the UNC for $20/1600MSP. Not so keen on having to spend $30/2400MSP for all three. I honestly wish I had never purchased any RDR DLC before UN released.

But I'm working on a solution to my Sheldonesque quandary. Just have to round up some half-price/free MSP.

It has been suggested that this is Microsoft's doing. Regardless of who made the judgment call, it was a bad one, and reflects extremely poorly on R*.[/QUOTE]

Get over it. People buy things on live all the time to have them go on sale the very next day or week. You bought something early, you played it, now it's being offered as part of a bundle. I don't see the problem here. Rockstar is trying to make money and releasing the bundle was hardly a disservice to their fans. If anything, it gets more people to purchase DLC.

Yeah, we all know that everything will get cheaper or go on sale over time. You need to accept that if you buy something on release for its original MSRP, you are paying a premium to play it now rather than later.

Is Snoopy FA seriously only 2-player splitscreen? I'd pick it up if it supported 4-players offline, but I'd need to use a 1 month sub code just to buy it, and don't ever plan on paying for XBL again. So it needs to allow 4 players to be worth the purchase for me, or get ported to PSN.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Get over it. People buy things on live all the time to have them go on sale the very next day or week. You bought something early, you played it, now it's being offered as part of a bundle. I don't see the problem here. Rockstar is trying to make money and releasing the bundle was hardly a disservice to their fans. If anything, it gets more people to purchase DLC.[/QUOTE]All I'm saying is that if you spent 1600MSP for both the previous DLC (both purchased at release) and, the day UN is released, you have to pay 800MSP for UN while others pay the equivalent of 0MSP for UN...that's just wrong. It penalizes the most loyal of fans on day 1. I applaud the idea of the UN Collection, I just think the timing was bad...it should have been released much later. Everyone I've discussed this with outside of CAG understands my point perfectly and is in agreement. It's not a difficult concept...maybe I care more about a measly $10 than others.

But whatever, I've made my point, I stand by it, and I'm done. And I'll likely buy UN soon, regardless. It's not the first time I've been fucked and it won't be the last (though, it may be the last by R*). I won't be happy with it, but I'll make up the difference elsewhere and eventually get over it.

It is smart to have the pack at a discount. They want as many people as possible playing the multiplayer. I wanted the zombie pack, but would have never bought the other two packs. Now I'm more likely to play the multiplayer.

[quote name='eugaet']All I'm saying is that if you spent 1600MSP for both the previous DLC (both purchased at release) and, the day UN is released, you have to pay 800MSP for UN while others pay the equivalent of 0MSP for UN...that's just wrong. It penalizes the most loyal of fans on day 1. I applaud the idea of the UN Collection, I just think the timing was bad...it should have been released much later. Everyone I've discussed this with outside of CAG understands my point perfectly and is in agreement. It's not a difficult concept...maybe I care more about a measly $10 than others.

But whatever, I've made my point, I stand by it, and I'm done. And I'll likely buy UN soon, regardless. It's not the first time I've been fucked and it won't be the last (though, it may be the last by R*). I won't be happy with it, but I'll make up the difference elsewhere and eventually get over it.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong abut it at all. If anything, it's brilliant marketing. They're either going to get 800 points from you for UN, or they'll tempt new users with the entire pack for 1600. I personally bought the pack and love every minute of it. Early adopters get the shaft usually, but that's the price you pay for getting it day one. Those packs have been out for a while now except UN of course...

[quote name='shytface']Is Snoopy FA seriously only 2-player splitscreen? I'd pick it up if it supported 4-players offline, but I'd need to use a 1 month sub code just to buy it, and don't ever plan on paying for XBL again. So it needs to allow 4 players to be worth the purchase for me, or get ported to PSN.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, only 2 players offline. I wish it were 4 players offline, but note that you can put lots of AI planes into the game and you can be on teams, including teaming with AI, or battling the AI together. So it is fun for 2 players offline. Maybe the game would be hard to play on 4 tiny subscreens? In any case it's a fun game and worth $5 still IMHO.

[quote name='mtxbass1']There's nothing wrong abut it at all. If anything, it's brilliant marketing. They're either going to get 800 points from you for UN, or they'll tempt new users with the entire pack for 1600. I personally bought the pack and love every minute of it. Early adopters get the shaft usually, but that's the price you pay for getting it day one. Those packs have been out for a while now except UN of course...[/QUOTE]

I don't get why anyone would be upset? First day release prices are always higher. I'd bet in a year you can get a goty version with everything for less and it's all on disk. Should everyone buying this dlc be pissed off when that happens?

[quote name='typical guy']I don't get why anyone would be upset? First day release prices are always higher. I'd bet in a year you can get a goty version with everything for less and it's all on disk. Should everyone buying this dlc be pissed off when that happens?[/QUOTE]

I don't either, and that's the point I'm trying to make here. It's common knowledge that people who buy something the first day of release are paying a premium for something that 9 times out of 10 will go on sale in the future.

[quote name='eugaet']All I'm saying is that if you spent 1600MSP for both the previous DLC (both purchased at release) and, the day UN is released, you have to pay 800MSP for UN while others pay the equivalent of 0MSP for UN...that's just wrong. It penalizes the most loyal of fans on day 1. I applaud the idea of the UN Collection, I just think the timing was bad...it should have been released much later. Everyone I've discussed this with outside of CAG understands my point perfectly and is in agreement. It's not a difficult concept...maybe I care more about a measly $10 than others.

But whatever, I've made my point, I stand by it, and I'm done. And I'll likely buy UN soon, regardless. It's not the first time I've been fucked and it won't be the last (though, it may be the last by R*). I won't be happy with it, but I'll make up the difference elsewhere and eventually get over it.[/QUOTE]
You made the decision that the DLC was worth 800 points when you bought it. If you didn't want to spend 800 points on it, you didn't have to.

I bought Liars & Cheats, so I'm disappointed to see that I could have got the Legends & Killers DLC for free (essentially) by waiting a couple of weeks (as opposed to the expected months or years), but I've already enjoyed Liar's Dice with mates immensely, and it's been well worth the 800 points. :) I'm also enjoying the Undead Nightmare! And let's not forget the free DLC. Outlaws To The End has taken up a few of my hours, and the Hunting & Trading pack... well, I'm sure someone's appreciated it. ;)

Undead Nightmare, Demons of the Badlands and Puzzle Quest have been my 2400 points. Let's hope MS does this promotion every year from now on. Or every month! :D

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's common knowledge that people who buy something the first day of release are paying a premium for something that 9 times out of 10 will go on sale in the future.[/QUOTE]Yes, it is common knowledge, never disputed that. Here, let's try this:

The way my brain works:
Crap. I already paid 1600MSP for Legends & Killers and Liars & Cheats. On release day for Undead Nightmare, I now have to pay another 800MSP to get Undead Nightmare while those who didn't buy any of the previous DLC get Undead Nightmare for free.

L&K: 800MSP
L&C: 800MSP
UN: 0MSP

[quote name='seanr1221']You guys didn't get nearly as screwed as the people who were loyal to Gears of War 2 ;)[/QUOTE]

At least the ****storm on Epic's forums got them to reduce the price of the Dark Corners DLC, rather than having it cost the same amount as the All Fronts compilation.

[quote name='wakawakawa']The Lara Croft:GOL challenge room DLC is up. It is free for the 1st month.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...e-Pack-1/a90cda24-5be3-479a-9a50-7d5d51ae3721[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting that. I don't own Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light yet, but I know that I will purchase it whenever it inevitably goes on sale. Free DLC is always great! I just wish Microsoft would allow more than two instances of it, because that's why Team Fortress does not get all the updates that the PC version does.

[quote name='eugaet']Yes, it is common knowledge, never disputed that. Here, let's try this:

The way my brain works:
Crap. I already paid 1600MSP for Legends & Killers and Liars & Cheats. On release day for Undead Nightmare, I now have to pay another 800MSP to get Undead Nightmare while those who didn't buy any of the previous DLC get Undead Nightmare for free.

Thanks for the heads up on the Laura Croft DLC. I also don't have it, but do intend to get the game at some point. Got the free DLC now for later play.

[quote name='eugaet']Yes, it is common knowledge, never disputed that. Here, let's try this:

The way my brain works:

[quote name='crunchewy']Thanks for the heads up on the Laura Croft DLC. I also don't have it, but do intend to get the game at some point. Got the free DLC now for later play.[/QUOTE]

This, when it goes on sale I'll pick it up.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So you're admitting that you're fucked in the head. Got it.[/QUOTE]Or maybe I'm stating that everyone else is. ;)

Ugh, cant decide whether to buy Costume Quest/Super Meat Boy, or just wait and save my MSP for later. (I have enough now, but i just got 3 new games, so i doubt i'd play them much).

Should i just grab Meat Boy since its on sale now?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, cant decide whether to buy Costume Quest/Super Meat Boy, or just wait and save my MSP for later. (I have enough now, but i just got 3 new games, so i doubt i'd play them much).

Should i just grab Meat Boy since its on sale now?[/QUOTE]

If you plan on it, I would. Normal price is 1200 and with it being on sale now I don't see it going on sale for a while and if/when it does it would likely just be this 800 again.

[quote name='seanr1221']You guys didn't get nearly as screwed as the people who were loyal to Borderlands :cry:[/QUOTE]

this

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Awesome!

Do you know if the online co-op patch is live yet? My friend and I have the game but were waiting for that patch to go live before we started it. The wait was supposed to end a month ago, so I am glad we atleast get a free DLC gift.[/QUOTE]

The co-patch was supposed to be live today. When I booted into the game this morning there was a title update, so I assume all is working, but I have not tried it to confirm.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, cant decide whether to buy Costume Quest/Super Meat Boy, or just wait and save my MSP for later. (I have enough now, but i just got 3 new games, so i doubt i'd play them much).

Should i just grab Meat Boy since its on sale now?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't used your spend 2400 & get 800 back promotion, then you should buy both and another 400 point game. Good deal. I bought both and love both. Still can't figure out where to spend my last 400 points though. :(

[quote name='wakawakawa']The co-patch was supposed to be live today. When I booted into the game this morning there was a title update, so I assume all is working, but I have not tried it to confirm.[/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks a lot. Heres hoping that tonight I can finally start this game!

The full game appears, but there is no price or download button. Since the relaunch xbox.com has been a mess to deal with. Yesterday the SSFIV dlc wouldn't d/l

[quote name='doodofdoods']I bought Dead Rising Case Zero. Check this wiki out and sort by price to find some other 400 point games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, but

Already have Dead Rising Case Zero, and I've run down that entire list including all 800, 1200 point games. Nothing really interests me except Haunted House which might be coming out on 10/31. I'm semi-interested in Castlevania HoD DLC, Scott Pilgrim, Space Invaders Infinity, or Sonic 4.

I'm still working on Super Meat Boy, Costume Quest & Dead Rising.

Now I'm thinking I might pick up Lara Croft instead of Deathspank. I did like that demo. Plus now there's new DLC and the online coop patch. Hmm.

[quote name='crunchewy']Now I'm thinking I might pick up Lara Croft instead of Deathspank. I did like that demo. Plus now there's new DLC and the online coop patch. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

I got a Lara Croft code for $10 if you want, but that means you'll have to think of another game to buy if you're going for the 2400 points promotion. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back