Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed with this "HUGE" sale. There's a few good pieces of content discounted nicely but I was expecting to see lots and lots of content on sale, not a few pieces here and there.

EDIT: I see there's more sales to come. We'll see...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not impressed with this "HUGE" sale. There's a few good pieces of content discounted nicely but I was expecting to see lots and lots of content on sale, not a few pieces here and there.

EDIT: I see there's more sales to come. We'll see...[/QUOTE]

fucking hell you can't make anyone happy. There are some good deals here.

[quote name='Izod517']fucking hell you can't make anyone happy. There are some good deals here.[/QUOTE]

I did say there were some good deals, I was expecting a longer list is all. Might have to pick up monkey island for that. I read in an earlier post that splosion man is $2. That's insane.

Some good deals here. I picked up Serious Sam TSE, and Monkey Island 2. I'm crossing my fingers that Perfect Dark goes on sale sometime soon.

Hmm, might bite on Portal Still Alive. I liked it on my Mac a lot, just rather short. How much additional content is there in Still Alive?

[quote name='styl3s']Are the monkey island games worth it? seems like a great price for 2 games, also debating about trials[/QUOTE]

Trials HD is awesome and the Big Pack was already a steal at 400 points, let alone the sale price!

In for The Secret of Monkey Island 2 and PQ2. Both games have been on my radar.

If Halo and GTA:SA go on sale, I'll be picking those up, too.

[quote name='eugaet']Totally in for Monkey Island 2 SE for 400MSP![/QUOTE]

Same here. I beat the first one and loved it. I figured there would be a sale given all the sales for the first one and alas here it is!

So I went to buy the Alan Wake DLC on sale via their website. I wasn't signed in to start. Clicked on the button that said download and it referred me to sign-in so I did. It then sent be to a page saying the game had been added to my downloads without asking to confirm purchase. Weird...then I checked my balance and it hadn't changed...only had 60 points to start with and figured I'd have to add some. So I turned on the xbox and blam it downloaded. Looks like I got the DLC for free!
Tried the same process with a couple other games and stuff but nothing worked. Seemed really odd and I feel a little guilty. Kinda glad my further attempts didn't work then I'd have felt really dirty, but I was really just curious at that point.

[quote name='Bonesinski']So I went to buy the Alan Wake DLC on sale via their website. I wasn't signed in to start. Clicked on the button that said download and it referred me to sign-in so I did. It then sent be to a page saying the game had been added to my downloads without asking to confirm purchase. Weird...then I checked my balance and it hadn't changed...only had 60 points to start with and figured I'd have to add some. So I turned on the xbox and blam it downloaded. Looks like I got the DLC for free!
Tried the same process with a couple other games and stuff but nothing worked. Seemed really odd and I feel a little guilty. Kinda glad my further attempts didn't work then I'd have felt really dirty, but I was really just curious at that point.[/QUOTE]

Did you type in the code that came with the game? This dlc was free with purchase.

[quote name='typical guy']Did you type in the code that came with the game? This dlc was free with purchase.[/QUOTE]

Wait...I was thinking this was the 2nd dlc. If this was the first dlc then you're right. Makes way more sense. Now I feel like the idiot I am. :)

[quote name='Rirse']Sorta want to get Megaman 10, but I wished Megaman 9 was on sale as well.

By the way, has the Puzzle Quest DLC ever been put on sale? Don't really want to pay 700 points for it.[/QUOTE]

This and THIS, and no, I don't think that DLC for PQ 1 has ever been on sale. :bomb:

Probably use those free points from last month on it, though I really only want to spend 350 on it.

[quote name='emg28']Come on MS, show us some DeathSpank love.[/QUOTE]

I concur.

Will probably get PQ2 and maybe one (or both) of the Monkey Island games.

ARRRGH!!!! Just spent all my free points... must... go.... buy... more....

Want to get Monkey Island and Portal for sure!!! Serious Sam maybe too....

And whats gonna be on sale Fri?

[quote name='eugaet']
November 26th: "Black Friday Only Sale"
According to this tweet:
-"'Splosion Man" - 160 Microsoft Points - 80% off
[/QUOTE]

WOW!

Sucks for those who bought Splosion Man just last week for a full 800 MS Points (plus another 800 MS Points game) just to get the 400 MS Points rebate...

[quote name='blackasnight']I'm thinking of getting monkey island 2. are the stories connected from 1 to 2? should i buy MI1 to play before MI2?[/QUOTE]
You can definitely jump right into MI2, but you'll miss out on the full impact of some recurring characters, runnings gags, and so on. The story will still make sense (insofar as the story does, in fact, make sense), but you won't quite be getting the full experience.

[quote name='blackasnight']I'm thinking of getting monkey island 2. are the stories connected from 1 to 2? should i buy MI1 to play before MI2?[/QUOTE]

There's really no reason to play 2 if you haven't played 1. They're both on sale, both fantastic. If you're only getting one, you might as well start with the first. The games are heavily focused on story, and you'll be better off starting from the beginning. It's not like skipping Gears of War to play the sequel because it has more weapons, more multiplayer modes, new gameplay mechanics, etc. The gameplay is pretty much the same.

[quote name='crunchewy']Hmm, might bite on Portal Still Alive. I liked it on my Mac a lot, just rather short. How much additional content is there in Still Alive?
[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. Played it a lot on the Orange Box; is it worth rebuying?

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Is the Big Pack for Trials worth it? The website says it's just 35 tracks plus some editor stuff... I've never played the game, is that a sizeable amount?[/QUOTE]
I just bit on the dlc. I haven't played Trials in a while, but I was so addicted when I did play it and figured this would be a good excuse to get back into it. I can't comment on the worthiness of the dlc yet, but the game itself is awesome.

will these deals end when the new sales are up on black friday, or will it still be up along with the extra deals? I'm just curious if I should buy some of these now, or if I can wait and see what's on sale black friday to see if there's anything I'd rather spend my points on, thanks

from my understanding, aren't these deals only good for today and tomorrow we get a new set of sales? Black Friday is just suppose to be the best deals. Or am i miss informed?

[quote name='blackasnight']from my understanding, aren't these deals only good for today and tomorrow we get a new set of sales? Black Friday is just suppose to be the best deals. Or am i miss informed?[/QUOTE]

that's what I'm wondering, because if its a one day sale I'll just buy some stuff now

[quote name='blackasnight']from my understanding, aren't these deals only good for today and tomorrow we get a new set of sales? Black Friday is just suppose to be the best deals. Or am i miss informed?[/QUOTE]
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/11/23/save-with-these-xbox-live-black-friday-deals.aspx
Most places have Black Friday deals that last for one-day only. We’ve decided that you’ll need almost a full week to get in on these savings. These prices are available for BOTH Xbox LIVE Gold and Free members*. In addition, come back to my blog on Friday November 26th when I’ll have another post of special one-day sales with savings of up to 80% off.
GAMES ADD-ONS
Splinter Cell Conviction Deniable Ops: Insurgency Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Alan Wake The Signal Regular Price: 560 Discount Price: 320 Savings: 43%
Trials HD The Big Pack Regular Price: 400 Discount Price: 240 Savings: 40%
Rock Band 3 - Lady Gaga Pack 01 Regular Price: 560 Discount Price: 280 Savings: 50%
Rock Band 3 - Nirvana Pack 01 Regular Price: 880 Discount Price: 640 Savings: 27%
Rock Band 3 - Nirvana Pack 02 Regular Price: 440 Discount Price: 240 Savings: 45%
GAMES
Monkey Island: Special Edition Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Monkey Island 2 Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Puzzle Quest 2 Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 800 Savings: 33%
Serious Sam TSE Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 600 Savings: 50%
Zombie Apocalypse Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Portal: Still Alive Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 67%
VooDoo Dice Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Mega Man 10 Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Magic the Gathering Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Madden NFL Arcade Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Secret of Monkey Island - Cotton Swab Regular Price: 160 Discount Price: 80 Savings: 50%
Fantasy Pets - Red Dragon Regular Price: 240 Discount Price: 120 Savings: 50%
Lara Croft - Xolotl Mask Regular Price: 160 Discount Price: 80 Savings: 50%
Modern Warfare 2 - Gas Mask Regular Price: 240 Discount Price: 120 Savings: 50%
Gears 3 - COG ArmorRegular Price: 320 Discount Price: 160 Savings: 50%
Street Fighter – Dudley Outfit Regular Price: 320 Discount Price: 160 Savings: 50%
Street Fighter - Chun Li Outfit Regular Price: 320 Discount Price: 160 Savings: 50%
Diesel Matic 8B3 Jeans Regular Price: 160 Discount Price: 80 Savings: 50%
Diesel Viker 8A7 Jeans Regular Price: 160 Discount Price: 80 Savings: 50%
Quicksilver Fuze Flannel Shirt Regular Price: 160 Discount Price: 80 Savings: 50%
Roxy Enough Said Woven Shirt Regular Price: 160 Discount Price: 80 Savings: 50%
Video Content (US Only)
Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 720 Savings: 40%
Clash of the Titans Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 720 Savings: 40%
Cop Out Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 720 Savings: 40%
The Losers Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 720 Savings: 40%
Sex and the City 2 Regular Price: 1200 Discount Price: 720 Savings: 40%
300 Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%
Batman: Gotham Knight Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%
Goodfellas Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%
Michael Clayton Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%
P.S. I Love You Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%
RocknRolla Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%
Twister Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%
Unforgiven Regular Price: 800 Discount Price: 380 Savings: 53%

These savings are available until November 29th.

Is anyone seeing the sale price for Puzzle Quest 2 on the website? I've seen it on my console this morning for 800 points but on the site I still see it as 1200 after signing in.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Is the Big Pack for Trials worth it? The website says it's just 35 tracks plus some editor stuff... I've never played the game, is that a sizeable amount?[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it! I bought it at full price and it felt like a bargain. You'll play each track over and over again trying to get better times and fewer faults, so "just 35 tracks" is actually a lot of gameplay. Great track variety too.

Btw, another add-on pack (Big Thrills) is being released on 12/1 for $5 and has 40 new tracks, including 10 user created ones from a contest they had. That's a day one purchase for this guy!!

Nice, I was bummed to never find a copy of Orange Box on Target clearance, but I really only wanted it for Portal. I'll probably get the Trials Big Pack, Splosion Man and GTA:SA too. Hopefully some other good stuff will come on Friday!

It was a bargain at 400 points. 240 points? Are you kidding me? If you like Trials HD and don't buy Big Pack for $3 worth of space bucks, you need to be slapped upside the head. :) I haven't played in a while, but I played Trials HD and then Big Pack to death and back and loved it. Makes me want to go back to it....

EDIT: and ditto on the day 1 purchase of "Big Thrills" on Dec 1st. I can't wait for it!

bought

portal still alive
madden arcade
goodfellas hd purchase 10gb's damn
Would like to buy alan wake but digital copy should be 20 not 30

'splosion man for $2 is an incredible deal. My son and I loved that game -- he loves mario-style platformers and was actually better than I am at the game.

incredible deal -- i paid full price and don't regret it one bit.

wow, i was mad at the list yesterday but i knew that was only a partial list. Picked up Trials DLC, Serious sam, Monkey island 2, puzzle quest 2 and finally bit on magic, that game has been on sale like 10 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back