Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='typikal82']Wish the Writer was on sale instead. I have 1180 points and I wanted to get DR:C0 also. Already have the signal.[/QUOTE]

yeah everyone has the signal since it was free dlc for those that brougt the game new. the writer would complete my alan wake collection.

[quote name='seanr1221']According to NeoGaf, the deals for Friday will be...

160 Microsoft Points:
Greed Corp
Splosion Man
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-shelled
The Force Unleashed - Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar prop)

400 Microsoft Points:
Rock Band - Creedence Clearwater Revival Song Pack
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Halo: Combat Evolved
Trials HD[/QUOTE]That CCR track pack price is amazing.

160 Microsoft Points:
Greed Corp
Splosion Man

400 Microsoft Points:
Trials HD[/QUOTE]

Nice markdowns, but the choices are pretty disappointing for loyal MS customers. Ah well, c'est la vie. I may check out Greed Corp.

Never even heard of Greed Corp, but it sounds interesting and for 160 points might be a impulse buy. Told myself no more rock band songs till I'm no longer on a 20 gig HDD... but... CCR!

sucks I already bought Splosion Man and TMNT Re-shelled, but I'll grab Greed Corp at least, too bad they didnt throw a few less known older titles on sale for 160-240ish, been wanting to get Arkadian Warriors and some other titles, oh well.

160 Microsoft Points:
Greed Corp
Splosion Man

400 Microsoft Points:
Trials HD[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Not sure if I should add a "rumor" to the OP.

Joartrak, I used Blowout as a coverall.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']too bad they didnt throw a few less known older titles on sale for 160-240ish, been wanting to get Arkadian Warriors and some other titles, oh well.[/QUOTE]

I've often thought this. I don't know the inner workings of XBLA, but it seems there are plenty of titles that I know impulse buyers like me would purchase if reduced. Otherwise, they just languish hidden in the mob of full price games.

[quote name='Joartrak']you and your evil wording! :evil:[/QUOTE]

Shall I adjust it to MEGA-ULTRA? :lol:

I think there is a good bit of content for sale (DotW + Pre-BF + the rumored deep discouted BF sale = BIG SALE!), just not enough fresh sales. The Zune stuff is nice in theory, but we want GAMEZ!! All together there are 50+ items on sale this week.

[quote name='seanr1221']The deals are real. Major Nelson says them on the latest Inside Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Seanr, I'll amend the OP in a few. I can't check IX as I am staying overnight with a family member.

I think I got to spend 30 minutes on my 360 today while I was waiting for my dinner to cook.

I hate to sound like a sour-puss, but I'm just not feeling these sales. A big part is I already own a lot of content.

At least I got Puzzle Quest out of it. I might get Halo 1, but I've already played that to death.

[quote name='seanr1221']I hate to sound like a sour-puss, but I'm just not feeling these sales. A big part is I already own a lot of content.

At least I got Puzzle Quest out of it. I might get Halo 1, but I've already played that to death.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, nothing really fresh. Some good deals, but more old or "unpopular" sales than anything. I still applaud the effort

[quote name='Cheapskate']I'm not sure Turtles In Time Reshelled is worth even 160 points...in my opinion, the remake removed most of what made the original endearing.[/QUOTE]

Probably not too far from the truth, but the 400 points I paid a few sales ago is worth it just for the amount of time my nephew and his friends have put in on it.

hm damn. i was hoping for some deals on newer titles, like costume quest and comic jumper, and maybe a lower price on shank then the sale it had

[quote name='Envel']Sold on Splosion man and Turtles in time![/QUOTE]

Same here. Unless new content is announced, this week will be only three titles counting Magic The Gathering.

[quote name='seanr1221']I hate to sound like a sour-puss, but I'm just not feeling these sales. A big part is I already own a lot of content.

At least I got Puzzle Quest out of it. I might get Halo 1, but I've already played that to death.[/QUOTE]

I just bought the Xbox in June, and even most of these sales aren't too appealing to me either. I'll probably pick up Turtles and Splosion Man, though. I almost got them during the spend 2400, get 800. Those 2 + Mega Man 10 is it for me this time.

Damn...I wish we could choose more specific point increments, I don't want to buy $5 just for something that's $2! I already used my bing rewards points too...

Smart move microsoft.

I hope Defense Grid goes on sell I'll buy it, the trial was awesome.

Thanks to those who answered my question a couple pages back.:):):)

-----

Looks like my updated shopping list for Xbox LIVE Black Friday(as long as the Friday-only deals are also open to XBL Free members) is:

---Rock Band DLC---

Nirvana Pack 01
Nirvana Pack 02
- Bought. Absolutely fantastic for $3/240 Points. If you're a Nirvana fan, it's a must at that price.
Lady Gaga Pack 01 - Bought. Enjoyable songs, but they're rather repetitive on guitar. Still worth it at $3.50/280 Points, though.
Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01 -

---XBLA---

'Splosion Man - Not buying. I wasn't impressed with the demo.
TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled
Greed Corp(Again, gotta try the demo first)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, gotta revise my shopping list. Already bought the Lady Gaga Pack and the Trials HD Big Pack (in anticipation of getting Trials), but I'll also be getting:

CCR Rock Band Pack
Greed Corp (can't really pass it up for $2)
Trials HD
GTA San Andreas

Looks like I need to buy 800 MSP to cover everything though...

I'll get splosion man only because it's $2. The game itself seemed like it would start to annoy me but hey for 2 bucks what the hell.

I'm hoping for some other deals and dlc on sale...

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Everyone should buy TMNT for 2 bucks. I paid full price and don't regret it at all.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the game from like 20 years ago?

Does anyone know if Greed Corp is a good game?

[quote name='typical guy']Isn't that the game from like 20 years ago?

Does anyone know if Greed Corp is a good game?[/QUOTE]

It's a remake of Turtles In Time from the early 90's originally on the SNES and in arcades (1992) but they redid the graphics completely to compete with more recent game. It looks awesome in HD for an arcade game.

The story mode only lasts 2 or so hours but I must have finished the game 10+ times and the achievements are fairly easy. Can't beat a good game for 2 bucks.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']It's from the early 90's originally on the SNES and in arcades but they redid the graphics completely to compete with more recent game. It looks awesome in HD for an arcade game.

The story mode only lasts 2 or so hours but I must have finished the game 10+ times. Can't beat a good game for 2 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Is the game savable?

[quote name='typical guy']Is the game savable?[/QUOTE]

Like during story mode? Yes it auto saves and if you try starting a new game it warns you that it will override your previous saved game.

[quote name='Diebythesword']You can easily beat it in one sitting. TMNT. I got it for PS3 and really tempting at that $2 price.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, all of those $2 games are tempting. I mean you can spend $6 and buy 3 games...

Just played Madden Arcade. Very disappointed, ugh.

Seriously, EA has had a winning formula in the past with the Madden games and NFL Street, how could they screw this up so badly?

Awesome, was definitely going to get Trials HD, was looking at the Big Pack for 240, trying to think of something to fill that 160 points left over and looks like TMNT will be a perfect fit. Great set of stuff for the low price of free points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back