Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bsmiff']Looks like they chopped the BF day deals from the Thanksgiving Sales page, but those Thanksgiving week sales are still on until the 29th: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/BlackFridayArcadeGames

Those who got Serious Sam TSE HD: Is it worth 600 MSP? I'd probably jump on it no questions asked at 400 MSP, but am still weary. I used to like those run and gun shooters back in the day, but maybe I should save that 600 MSP and spend it on Duke Nukem or Doom or something?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this too cause it seems cool but I wonder how long the coolness lasts. I have Nukem and Doom 1 though so I'm not in the exact same situation.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I was wondering this too cause it seems cool but I wonder how long the coolness lasts. I have Nukem and Doom 1 though so I'm not in the exact same situation.[/QUOTE]

Nukem's been on my "maybe I'll buy it" list for a while now. I've been holding out because A, I played the absolute crap out of that game in '96-97, and B, Duke Nukem Forever is actually on the horizon.

Doom I doubt I'll ever buy unless it goes on mega-sale. I've still got those old .WAD files around somewhere, prob on floppy disk :lol:

I'm honestly about to just pull the trigger on Sam. I saved so much bank through Amazon that it might as well be at that 400 MSP point I'm looking for.

Borderline with serious Sam as well. Demo was really fun, I doubt the multiplayer lobbies ever fill up, but still 600 points is pretty cheap. Wonder if we will see deals leading up to Christmas, I think that is what spawned the deal of the week a few years ago.

I picked up the Alan Wake DLC, Turtles in Time, and the CCR Rock Band tracks. Hell of a deal on that, had wanted to pick it up. $20 down to $5? Had no reason not to get that this week.

so picked up greeds corp late last night, thinking about monkey island still, but I probably shouldn't. My backlog (both disk and combined) should be enough to last me till Gears 3, but I still need to finish Gears 1 and buy and beat Gears 2. Well, at least I beat Arkham Asylum and am ready for Arkham City.

I think I'll focus on Wolverine next. I'd say Mass Effect, but with the length of that, it makes me a bit nervous.

Ad on the ilomilo thing, when it is officially released, will it be 15 instead of 10? If so I'm thkning about picking it up. It'll basically;y flush the rest of my point, meaning I'll have to buy more for the end of year sales, but I'm liking it so far, so I might go ahead and buy it now.

I haven't see any release info on ilomilo. I like what I have played, but my backlog is overflowing and I am low on points and $$$. Anyway, I'll update the OP as soon as a date drops

Question here can someone answer me?

I am running out of space on my 20GB HDD, and I know the 360 can now use USB flash drive.
Can I download games directly onto the drive?
Can I stream games right from the flash drive? Does it hurt the performance of the game?
If I download it onto the flash drive, will it change anything with the licensing?

[quote name='miriamleo']
Can I stream games right from the flash drive? Does it hurt the performance of the game?quote[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure about the first one, I believe so. But you can stream games from the flash drive, they work fine.

[quote name='miriamleo']Question here can someone answer me?

I am running out of space on my 20GB HDD, and I know the 360 can now use USB flash drive.
Can I stream games right from the flash drive? Does it hurt the performance of the game?
If I download it onto the flash drive, will it change anything with the licensing?[/QUOTE]

This page answers some FAQs about USB drives on the 360: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/storage/

Seems as though you can download XBLA games to a USB drive and play from there. I know for sure you can install regular 360 games to USB and play from that install (with the disc in of course).

Some USB drives aren't as high-performance, and the 360 will warn you if yours isn't. Some people say it hasn't had an effect on their gameplay, others have.

It shouldn't change anything with your license, as you're downloading the game through your gamertag. If you switch profiles, you may run into trouble however. Hope this helps.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Are there Black Friday (YESTERDAY ONLY) deals I missed that are great?[/QUOTE]

You could read the OP or the thread to find that out... :p

[quote name='bsmiff']This page answers some FAQs about USB drives on the 360: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/storage/

Seems as though you can download XBLA games to a USB drive and play from there. I know for sure you can install regular 360 games to USB and play from that install (with the disc in of course).

Some USB drives aren't as high-performance, and the 360 will warn you if yours isn't. Some people say it hasn't had an effect on their gameplay, others have.

It shouldn't change anything with your license, as you're downloading the game through your gamertag. If you switch profiles, you may run into trouble however. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much!

[quote name='eastx']You could read the OP or the thread to find that out... :p[/QUOTE]

Well, I was concerned that the OP didn't have everything listed.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Well, I was concerned that the OP didn't
have everything listed.[/QUOTE]

So your logic was since it might not have what i want dont even bother checking at all?

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Well, I was concerned that the OP didn't have everything listed.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty good about catching all the sales.

I took down the Friday only sale a little while after all the sales were no longer valid/working. The 2nd post has a FAQ and it also has all the old sales.

Here's some copy and paste work.

11/26 - 'Splosion Man, Trials HD, Greed Corp, TMNT-TiT:RS, Credence Clearwater Revival Pack, SW:TFU: Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar Prop), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox Original), Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox Original) - (1-Day/Black Friday Only Sale)

[quote name='reddjoey']I'm pretty good about catching all the sales.

I took down the Friday only sale a little while after all the sales were no longer valid/working. The 2nd post has a FAQ and it also has all the old sales.

Here's some copy and paste work.

11/26 - 'Splosion Man, Trials HD, Greed Corp, TMNT-TiT:RS, Credence Clearwater Revival Pack, SW:TFU: Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar Prop), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox Original), Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox Original) - (1-Day/Black Friday Only Sale)[/QUOTE]

It never hurts to know what you didn't get...

Thanks?

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']It never hurts to know what you didn't get...

Thanks?[/QUOTE]
Was that ? intentional?

Reading a thread doesn't hurt either

[quote name='kidrocklive']I was wondering this too cause it seems cool but I wonder how long the coolness lasts. I have Nukem and Doom 1 though so I'm not in the exact same situation.[/QUOTE]

FYI I just bit on Serious Sam. The way I see it is, most negative reviews about it are coming from gamers who need complex tactics, intelligent AI, and seriousness in their FPS experience.

Sam is a twitch shooter in the vain of Duke, and I figure 600 MSP is a drop in the bucket compared to its usual price (at which it will probably stay forever after tomorrow). I won't get to play it until after the deal is up, so I won't be able to give you my true opinion. But if you buy it let me know so we can play some co-op, which I hear and assume adds a lot more to the experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pck21']I went ahead and bought Greed Corp as well. I mean for $2, why the hell not?[/QUOTE]

It's actually quite good and very challenging, played online with my son last night and the computer kept kicking our arses.

In case anyone was wondering, the disc-based version of Family Game Night has the following games in it:

-Battleship
-Boggle
-Connect 4
-Scrabble
-Sorry!
-Yahtzee

If you own that version, you only need to get the following to fill in the gaps between FGN1 and FGN3 (FGN2 wasn't released on the 360):

-Connect 4X4*
-Jenga*
-Pictureka*
-Sorry! Sliders

Three out of the four titles above came on FGN2 on the Wii, the ones with the asterisks. It also came with Operation and BopIt!.

I am dangerously close to downloading ilomilo, even though that only leaves me with 3 dollars, meaning I'll need to buy more more points come end of the year sales (given there are any that interest me). I might get as far as I can get in the trial and then seriously consider it. But I do need to start saving money more than I am. the 3DS, Gears 3, and Arkham City aren't all gonna buy theirselves.

[quote name='stoned99']It's actually quite good and very challenging, played online with my son last night and the computer kept kicking our arses.[/QUOTE]

I also picked up Greed Corp for the $2, definitely worth it. I really like the whole mechanic of destroying the land in exchange for money, it's entertaining to sabotage other people's hexes that way.

I'm in the same boat of the AI whooping on me at the moment, but to be fair, I'm still trying to get a handle on the mechanics and figure out good strategies. Hopefully enough people picked it up on sale (and actually decide to play it) that there will be some folks playing online.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Hopefully enough people picked it up on sale (and actually decide to play it) that there will be some folks playing online.[/QUOTE]

I will starting tomorrow, but for now I decided to keep my Xbox in the living room, and only get to play when theres nothing on.

[quote name='miriamleo']Question here can someone answer me?

If I download it onto the flash drive, will it change anything with the licensing?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I have two external HD's formatted for m Xbox, one is storage, games that I've completely beat or don't ever pop on for a few minutes here or there, DLC that I got for free at some point or for a game I'm not currently playing, etc. I know I could always just "re-download" these items, but some would be a pain to find in my purchased items list so I just put it there. I pretty much never have that HD plugged in. My other one is basically just my arcade games. I find that they all run fairly well, some of the initial load times may be a bit longer (I haven't timed them) but it works. Neither were apparently up to speed with Xbox's performance recommendations, despite one being a fairly new model, but performance wise I haven't really noticed any issues. The one thing I have noticed is that if I leave the HD with all the games on it plugged in all the time, disc games seem prone to freezing periodically. So that is a bit of an issue. (although it seems to vary by game, Darksiders had issues, Vanquish did not for example) So I just don't leave the HD plugged in when I'm not using it.

All in all, really just minor issues to tripple the HD capacity. I would not recommend installing disc games to a USB drive though, and I choose to keep any DLC I'm currently using with a disc game on the HDD (especially Rock band stuff).

My two cents. I am looking to buy a 250gb sometime in the not too distant future though.

Quick update for people who may care to know, the game Chime, the music puzzle game where 100% of the profits go to charity, will no longer be doing the 100% profits to charity thing starting December 1st. So if you've thought about getting the game, which you should since it's actually quite fun, do so before then!

Purchase Chime for 400 Points

I saw that too Budz. I was confused when I saw it was still a charity. I know there was some "issues" with how much went to charity. (This isn't a company doing bad things, just MS being greedy and inconsistent PR)

Discussion behind spoiler b/c it's way OT
IIRC MS didn't want to waive their cut, which made100% impossible. So, it became a large % of the dev cut going to charity. (This was discussed in a an editorial in OXM) and that was rumored to have expired not long after it launched. Turns out that the expiration was a miscommunication. Bouncing around from the Chime, OneBigGame, and various news sites the % changes depending on the wording. The bottom of the Chime official page says a 5% minimum will go to charity. Rest easy knowing that a good chunk of money went to charity and this was all just a miscommunication and PR/news/blogs.

Examples/Souces:

How much went to charity?
From GiantBomb
Chime was released February 3rd, 2010 on XBLA for 400 Microsoft points ($5). Over 60% of developer Zoë Mode's profits will go to the charity OneBigGame, who in turn intend to donate over 80% of their income towards their chosen charities, Save The Children and Starlight Children's Foundation.
Did the charity end early?
From TrueAchievements
OneBigGame, the game's non-profit publisher, currently donates 60% of all proceeds to the Save the Children and Starlight Children's foundations, but unfortunately that won't be the case for much longer, according to a video interview about the game posted on the UK's Inside Xbox.

(Which was later edited to say)

Despite this news coming directly from Microsoft employee and UK Inside Xbox Producer Andy Farrant (better known as SuperKaylo), it has since been proved false. There was obviously some miscommunication somewhere, but luckily it means that all proceeds from sales of the game will still go to charity.

All that aside, it's a quality game and a good cause. If you missed the sale or don't own it, please get it while it's still for a good cause.

[quote name='shrike4242']In case anyone was wondering, the disc-based version of Family Game Night has the following games in it:

-Battleship
-Boggle
-Connect 4
-Scrabble
-Sorry!
-Yahtzee

If you own that version, you only need to get the following to fill in the gaps between FGN1 and FGN3 (FGN2 wasn't released on the 360):

-Connect 4X4*
-Jenga*
-Pictureka*
-Sorry! Sliders

Three out of the four titles above came on FGN2 on the Wii, the ones with the asterisks. It also came with Operation and BopIt!.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! Sliders was also on FGN1, at least here in the US.

[quote name='panda911']Sorry! Sliders was also on FGN1, at least here in the US.[/QUOTE]Sorry, I missed that earlier. Bad Google search from earlier. Thanks for correcting it, saved me 400 points.

Corrected list of what's in FGN1:
-Battleship
-Boggle
-Connect 4
-Scrabble
-Sorry!
-Yahtzee
-Sorry Sliders

As corrected, you just need to purchase the following games to get what was in FGN2 on Wii:

-Connect 4X4
-Jenga
-Pictureka

Amazing sale. Cashed in on 'Splosion Man and Turtles in Time Re-Shelled. I'm getting Alan Wake on Monday and am still going debating whether I should buy the DLC, seeing how I'm not sure if I will enjoy the game or not :/

[quote name='reddjoey']I saw that too Budz. I was confused when I saw it was still a charity. I know there was some "issues" with how much went to charity. (This isn't a company doing bad things, just MS being greedy and inconsistent PR)

Discussion behind spoiler b/c it's way OT
IIRC MS didn't want to waive their cut, which made100% impossible. So, it became a large % of the dev cut going to charity. (This was discussed in a an editorial in OXM) and that was rumored to have expired not long after it launched. Turns out that the expiration was a miscommunication. Bouncing around from the Chime, OneBigGame, and various news sites the % changes depending on the wording. The bottom of the Chime official page says a 5% minimum will go to charity. Rest easy knowing that a good chunk of money went to charity and this was all just a miscommunication and PR/news/blogs.

Examples/Souces:

How much went to charity?

Did the charity end early?

All that aside, it's a quality game and a good cause. If you missed the sale or don't own it, please get it while it's still for a good cause.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's confusing as hell, but from what I've gathered the relatively high 60% (or higher) donation to charity drops to 5% after December 1st. Since this is a thread of people who are clearly into marketplace content, thought it was worth mentioning, and I think as a community it is important to support efforts like this and Child's Play that show how gaming can be more than a simple entertainment business. Thanks for the additional info!

[quote name='reddjoey']New copies of the game come with the DLC that is on sale[/QUOTE]

My sister was planning on giving me the download code for the game that comes with one of the 360 bundles, so no DLC code for me :cry:

I played alittle more of the trial and finally gave in and bought ilomilo. It is a really fun game, quite a deal at 10 dollars.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']MSRP cannot be quite a deal! It burns my eyes to read this.[/QUOTE]

10 is probably not MSRP. When it's officially released it'll probably be 15. most games are, so it's safe to assume this will be too. At the very least you'll get your money's worth out of it.

[quote name='Obiwan456']10 is probably not MSRP. When it's officially released it'll probably be 15. most games are, so it's safe to assume this will be too. At the very least you'll get your money's worth out of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a feeling this is gonna be true, most new xblive games are going for that price, and this one looks pretty polished. Might pull the trigger as well

If you are on the fence, you have a few hours left to pull the trigger on the BF and DotW sales.

Sadly, I don't have the sales info for next week. I have a charity function at 9am EST and then classes till 3pm. If MS pushes the sales early, I will update the OP, if not, please be patient.

EDIT:

Waited as long as I could. I'll update the OP when I get back

Definitely going to buy all, or almost all of those XBL:Indie Titles. It's insane that Microsoft doesn't advertise for them...The quality rivals half the games they, themselves release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back