Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='reddjoey']
Does anyone have an opinion on Centipede/Millipede w/o a trackball?
[/QUOTE]

I'm sad not to have a trackball and a spinner for XBLA games.

[quote name='reddjoey']Does anyone have an opinion on Centipede/Millipede w/o a trackball? (Not that I'm good enough for that to matter)[/QUOTE]
Someone else quoted this, but I am curious as well. To me it doesn't factor in about my skill, but more on my enjoyment without the proper style of controller. Kind of like playing Missile Command without a trackball, is it still fun?

[quote name='linkbear']Slightly OT: But does anyone know what time the Halo: Reach maps go live?[/QUOTE]

Probably late, between 2am-6am pst. I'm usually up playing these hours and there really is not set time, but it usually happens between those hours

So should I be worried that I am yet to receive my October promo points? Has anyone else not gotten theirs yet or should I contact MS support?

[quote name='BrolyB593']So should I be worried that I am yet to receive my October promo points? Has anyone else not gotten theirs yet or should I contact MS support?[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I received mine some time last week, just in time for the Rock Band CCR Pack sale.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So should I be worried that I am yet to receive my October promo points? Has anyone else not gotten theirs yet or should I contact MS support?[/QUOTE]

which ones where the October ones?

I got the 800 MSP from a promotion a while ago, but haven't gotten the 400 from the deal afterwards.

Grabbed Earthworm Jim HD with leftover points, can't grab the Noble Map Pack now though lol

I'm in the same boat. I think I spent about 3200 points and still having gotten nothing back. Don't waste your time with an e-mail. I e-mailed them yesterday and they replied saying I should call customer support @ 1-800-469-9269.

Edit: Just got off the phone with them and the guy said to allow 6-8 weeks to get the rebate. Sounds like some BS, AFAIK the rebate said in the fine print that it'd take a month. Let me know if you have any better luck, BrolyB593. I'd be interested to hear what they tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn']I'm in the same boat. I think I spent about 3200 points and still having gotten nothing back. Don't waste your time with an e-mail. I e-mailed them yesterday and they replied saying I should call customer support @ 1-800-469-9269.

Edit: Just got off the phone with them and the guy said to allow 6-8 weeks to get the rebate. Sounds like some BS, AFAIK the rebate said in the fine print that it'd take a month. Let me know if you have any better luck, BrolyB593. I'd be interested to hear what they tell you.[/QUOTE]

Seems like the timing is all over the map...I jumped in on the 800pt rebate deal on the last day of October, and received my points in time for BF. Fulfilling this stuff is nothing more than a handful of SQL statements and a few lines of code, I don't know why the hell it takes so long.

[quote name='linkbear']Slightly OT: But does anyone know what time the Halo: Reach maps go live?[/QUOTE]

Forgot the Halo maps drop already. I basically have decided that I'm holding off till at least after Christmas on those. To much of a possibility that they will go on sale around Christmas time. Especially since I'm currently taking a Halo break anyway.

[quote name='dark-star']Seems like the timing is all over the map...I jumped in on the 800pt rebate deal on the last day of October, and received my points in time for BF. Fulfilling this stuff is nothing more than a handful of SQL statements and a few lines of code, I don't know why the hell it takes so long.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The fact that this is probably a fully automated process makes me wonder why everyone wouldn't have gotten their rebate at the exact same moment. I guess I'll call them tomorrow after the deadline has more or less passed and see if I get someone that's more helpful on the phone. :bomb:

XBLA is on a roll! I just bought Centipede/Millipede with some leftover Bing bar points, and am considering Worms and Earthworm Jim. Prob will bite on Worms but undecided on Jim.

[quote name='bsmiff']XBLA is on a roll! I just bought Centipede/Millipede with some leftover Bing bar points, and am considering Worms and Earthworm Jim. Prob will bite on Worms but undecided on Jim.[/QUOTE]

You got Bing points? I've submitted like 6 orders of the 100 Microsoft Points offer.. and have YET to be sent any code to redeem them via e-mail! :(

Thanks for the heads up .. no where near my X360 right now and just bought it off the website .. but my nephew is enjoying the hell out of that game .. he just love the cow launcher

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You got Bing points? I've submitted like 6 orders of the 100 Microsoft Points offer.. and have YET to be sent any code to redeem them via e-mail! :([/QUOTE]

i too have i think 3 separate 100 point orders that are in limbo but i think i know why. if you go to the rewards pages now you will see they no longer have the 100 credits for 100 microsoft points reward. now its only 400 credits for 400 microsoft points. perhaps because that offer is no longer available it is taking them longer to fulfill all of the left over orders of 100 points. i like the 400 point offer better. i think i am getting close to 400 points too so i'm looking forward to getting that for the trials hd dlc.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You got Bing points? I've submitted like 6 orders of the 100 Microsoft Points offer.. and have YET to be sent any code to redeem them via e-mail! :([/QUOTE]

Yeah I have four 100 MSP orders stuck in limbo as well. Haven't seen any in about a month. The 200 MSP I had lingering in my account after the BF XBLA deals. Guess I'm considering those "extra" points a couple of my earlier Bing orders.

All my open orders "in processing" for 100 microsoft points from Bing rewards have been so for about 1 month now. Kinda gave up hope of using them anytime soon.

Hey, sorry if this was mentioned before in this thread, but I noticed on the Deal of the Week tab on the dashboard that it also shows Assault Heroes on the icon, yet isn't listed with the other DotW games when you actually click through to it. I already own it, and know it was a Arcade Hits title at 400 points, so was just curious if anyone tried to find it and see if it was on sale for like 200 or something. More than likely, that was just a boxart mistake and it isn't on sale I guess.

And yea, good lord Microsoft has been on the ball this entire year as far as I'm concerned with arcade sales. A huge improvement to years past...past few weeks have been especially good. Probably picking up Earthworm Jim and Centipede/Millipede at that price!

[quote name='reddjoey']added Dead Rising: Case West as it has been confirmed for next month and stand-alone[/QUOTE]

stand alone too? It's that big of an expansion?

[quote name='GregSal1']reddjoey, the Dragon Age Origins items are back to full price on the xbox dash board.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll update the OP

[quote name='chipper_95']i too have i think 3 separate 100 point orders that are in limbo but i think i know why. if you go to the rewards pages now you will see they no longer have the 100 credits for 100 microsoft points reward. now its only 400 credits for 400 microsoft points. perhaps because that offer is no longer available it is taking them longer to fulfill all of the left over orders of 100 points. i like the 400 point offer better. i think i am getting close to 400 points too so i'm looking forward to getting that for the trials hd dlc.[/QUOTE]

There is a whole thread about this on the contest and free stuff forums. No one has gotten any points e-mailed for about the last month. I got nearly 1000 before the interruption though. Have about 500-600 in processing and nearing 400 on my one PC. Hoping they all go through before any holiday sales pop up.

Has anyone else noticed the destination arcade has been 'offline' for some time now, and it advertises an old DOTW that do not exist? I wonder if this application has been nixed by Microsoft.

[quote name='kidrocklive']stand alone too? It's that big of an expansion?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']I thought they said you needed DR 2 to play case west? Did they change that?[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/30/fantastic-dead-rising-2-case-west-dlc-out-next-month/

Not much is said about length but Capcom told them it's stand-alone.

[quote name='GregSal1']Has anyone else noticed the destination arcade has been 'offline' for some time now, and it advertises an old DOTW that do not exist? I wonder if this application has been nixed by Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

MS said when they launched it, that it had become a proof-of-concept and sent it out to die

I tried ilomilo tonight and loved it! So did my 4 year old, which is a bonus. I have no problem paying $10 for such quality. Apparently, it can be played on WM7 too cause I saw it in a video for WM7 (along with Rocket Riot, sweet!). I might have to check out WM7 phones after all.

[quote name='Megaten']Hey, sorry if this was mentioned before in this thread, but I noticed on the Deal of the Week tab on the dashboard that it also shows Assault Heroes on the icon, yet isn't listed with the other DotW games when you actually click through to it. I already own it, and know it was a Arcade Hits title at 400 points, so was just curious if anyone tried to find it and see if it was on sale for like 200 or something. More than likely, that was just a boxart mistake and it isn't on sale I guess.

And yea, good lord Microsoft has been on the ball this entire year as far as I'm concerned with arcade sales. A huge improvement to years past...past few weeks have been especially good. Probably picking up Earthworm Jim and Centipede/Millipede at that price![/QUOTE]

For that price, I'm in for Earthworm Jim and Centipede/Millipede.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I sure do wish we'd get a release date for the new MTG expansion...[/QUOTE]

Especially since PC and PS3 already have it.

New deal just posted on the dashboard. Purchase two of 18 select games, get 400 points back.

Titles include the Deathspanks, Comic Jumper, Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Trials HD and a bunch of others.

It says it costs -1 MSP when you try to download the qualifying gamer pic.

I tried to download the gamer pic anyway and it says I need over 4 trillion points lol.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']New deal just posted on the dashboard. Purchase two of 18 select games, get 400 points back.

Titles include the Deathspanks, Comic Jumper, Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Trials HD and a bunch of others.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have a complete list? Limbo seems like a no-brainer (I've been waiting for some kind of deal for it, even though I know it's worth 1200 points), so I'd like some more options to pair with it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It says it costs -1 MSP when you try to download the qualifying gamer pic.[/QUOTE]I got the -1 MSP message earlier, too. It's listed as free now.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Anyone have a complete list?[/QUOTE]
Here you go, had it typed it up for another forum:

Purchase two qualifying XBOX Live titles between December 1, 2010 12:01 AM EST and December 20, 2010 11:59 PM EST, and receive 400 Microsoft Points - as a BONUS!

Battlefield 1943
Blacklight: Tango Down
Castlevania: HoD
Comic Jumper
Costume Quest
Deathspank
Deathspank: ToV
Hydro Thunder
Hydrophobia
Lara Croft: GoL
Limbo
Marvel vs. Capcom
Monday Night Combat
Plants vs. Zombies
Trials HD
Toy Soldiers
Shadow Complex
Super Meat Boy

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks guys I added the new promo.

Also Unbound Saga is up for 800pts[/QUOTE]

Wow, good price. Does anyone know if it has multiplayer?

This promo seems to be the worst of them so far. Unless I'm mistaken, all the games are 1200 points (or at least, most are). So that means you must spend 2400 points to get 400 back. While technically a deal, doesn't really seem worth it.

[quote name='JStryke']This promo seems to be the worst of them so far. Unless I'm mistaken, all the games are 1200 points (or at least, most are). So that means you must spend 2400 points to get 400 back. While technically a deal, doesn't really seem worth it.[/QUOTE]

During the Summer of Arcade, you had to buy 3 1200 point games from a list of 5 games in order to get 400 points back. So this is much better, though it's still not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back